Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? (39364 Views)

Which University Is Best To Study Computer Science In Nigeria? / Afe Babalola University Is Ekiti's Second Largest Employer Of Labour - Fayose / Which Public University Is The Best In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ndubuisi1075: 7:54am On Jul 02, 2017
Babcock University
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ednut1(m): 8:07am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Hardship does breed innovation.

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that perfect....but they still work.
agreed, these are pple who grew up in Nigeria and are used to the hard ways. If those kids come to 9ja na suffer o.

2 Likes

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by rajidestiny(m): 8:14am On Jul 02, 2017
So, you never hear ABU Zaria? They will even Graduate in year of admission and serve year before admission grin grin
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ndidibabe(f): 8:18am On Jul 02, 2017
ednut1:
Ur uncle is a destiny killer.
I concur.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dingbang(m): 8:29am On Jul 02, 2017
We don't value our schools

We don't value our products

We don't value our skills

We don't value our health system

We don't value our churches

We don't value our food

We dont trust our government

We don't value ourselves

We don't trust our politicians

We don't believe in our security

We dont even value our country

What then do we Nigerians live for? Are we saying that there is not one school that is fit for our visitors who want to study in our university? Why do we use our mouths to badmouth what we have already?

The father says he wants his kids to have a taste of Nigeria and so be it. Op please tell your uncle to send his kids to University of Port Harcourt.

God bless Uniport, God bless VC Ndowa Lale, God bless Nigeria..

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2017
Kamelot77:
unilorin.........better by far..............
academy stability
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2017
Kamelot77:
unilorin.........better by far..............
academy stability
He no better at all, I'm a student of UNILORIN also... University of Ibadan is the best.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Deyvid123(m): 8:34am On Jul 02, 2017
dingbang:
We don't value our schools

We don't value our products

We don't value our skills

We don't value our health system

We don't value our churches

We don't value our food

We dont trust our government

We don't value ourselves

We don't trust our politicians

We don't believe in our security

We dont even value our country

What then do we Nigerians live for? Are we saying that there is not one school that is fit for our visitors who want to study in our university? Why do we use our mouths to badmouth what we have already?

The father says he wants his kids to have a taste of Nigeria and so be it. Op please tell your uncle to send his kids to University of Port Harcourt.

God bless Uniport, God bless VC Ndowa Lale, God bless Nigeria..

Your way of thinking is why we are in this mess as a country, we espouse mediocrity; settle for anything. I'll reiterate my statement again, no university in Nigeria is standard
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by ismailibnbashir: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2017
wlh its usmanu Dan fodio university sokoto the most peaceful versity in Nigeria any other uni apart from udus is a counterfit
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dingbang(m): 8:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Deyvid123:

Your way of thinking is why we are in this mess as a country, we espouse mediocrity; settle for anything. I'll reiterate my statement again, no university in Nigeria is standard
then get the fvck out of this country already.. Jeez
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Rilwayne001: 8:44am On Jul 02, 2017
LilSmith55:

100% Right, ah no pray for my enemy to go to that School, very useless and overcrowdy

Spot on bro.. There was a time around 2013 when over 2,000 were admitted into their business administration department. Imagine that. Same with accounting department and some others like that. What kind of school does that
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ilaje44(m): 8:48am On Jul 02, 2017
Nigeria is currently going through hardship like we had in the mid to late 80ies and 90ies, but I have not seen any innovation made in Nigeria except hatred, blame game and more disunity. Where do you get that phrase from? Necessity may be the mother of invention, but hardship can barely bring forth innovation. A hungry man is an angry man, and an angry man can barely innovate. Anger is a burden on the brain. It shut it down for any positive thought.

9jakohai:

grin

I have a relative who did an IT related course abroad....and he told me lastyear that graduates of Nigerian universities actually are some of the best in his field.

Also, there are a lot of Nigerian-trained doctors doing well abroad...largely because they still rely on actually making diagnosis by examining the patient, and because practicing under limited facilities makes you inventive, and more resourceful....things that your average foreign trained doctor does not have.(eg...I can diagnose liver cancer by examining a patient. Some foreign doctors will waste time by sending for MRI without examining the patient)

Hardship does breed innovation.

Of course our Nigerian unviersities CAN do MUCH better....and they are not that perfect....but they still work.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dlox147(m): 8:49am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

I would like to know the best University that i will recommend to him.

Please give me the reason why its the best. Advantage and Disadvantage

The UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA is best bet.

*The University have got wonderful lectures, and in my years in that school I never heard of issues of lectures taking advantage of students.

*they have got one of the best learning environment with standard laboratories, lecture - room and reading halls.

*the University boost of one of the best library in West Africa.

*aside the early 2000, the issue of cultism is almost non existing from my findings.

*the school is located in a community that is free of the usual social setbacks for students (clubs, aristors, sugar daddy's, yahoo boys, slay Queens etc). It's environment is designed for students and for study. Though joints and clubs exist but they operate with the utmost decency.

*the cost of living is very affordable and as such discourages competition amongst students, giving time to concentrate on their studies.

*it has one of the most beautiful scenery in and around the school (perfect for picnic and healthy social gatherings).

*the security is at the top as the community engages and houses both police and military installations with the local vigilante to compliment.

Bro I can go on....
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Deyvid123(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2017
dingbang:
then get the fvck out of this country already.. Jeez
if the opportunity arises I will, but, till then I'm a patriotic Nigerian but it shouldn't stop us from being honest with ourselves. Nigerian universities are sub-standard.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ilaje44(m): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2017
Woo, aburo, wa gbayi. Sorry, I cannot experience that in English jare.

sonnie10:

Sir with all due respect, I beg to disagree with your submission that limited diagnostic tools brings out the best in a doctor. Modern medicine is Evidence Based. The ability to collaborate with others and utilize available resources to make accurate and informed decisions is very important. There are certain procedures that need to be decisively confirmed during the intervention process to avoid medical errors. For instances, a PICC line placement must be managed and adjusted precisely for proper vascular access. This can only be done by using the right imaging procedure. Most hospital in Nigeria are not fully supported for such medical cases which are common in advanced countries. This is just one example of how technology aids modern medicine.

Even the cancer you mentioned, the chances of being treated is based on early detection. No matter the doctor's experience in oncology, it is practically impossible to catch cancer in its early stage by mere assessment of patient when symptoms are not yet present. Advances in Nuclear medicine and molecular imaging have made it possible to see and nib them in the bud before they metasize.

Have you considered how bioengineering is redefining medicine? Doctors in advance have the best of medical equipment, calibrated and remotely monitored for accuracy and precision. A visit to an Intensive Care Unit (ICU) in a developed country hospital will wow you! You would see how patients are wired up and hooked to different monitoring devises 24/7.

So, I disagree that hardship bring out innovation, rather it dampens ones inventive genius.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dingbang(m): 9:00am On Jul 02, 2017
Deyvid123:

if the opportunity arises I will, but, till then I'm a patriotic Nigerian but it shouldn't stop us from being honest with ourselves. Nigerian universities are sub-standard.
you are not a patriotic Nigerian...
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by kemsan2011(m): 9:10am On Jul 02, 2017
Kwara state university is the best for now. very fast
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2017
`

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 02, 2017
university of ilorin
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by yungfritzzleDee(m): 9:23am On Jul 02, 2017
NLProblemChild:
Lagos state university

Lasuite spotted here oooooo
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 9:30am On Jul 02, 2017
Basic123:

Hope I didn't see Germany there
Coz they actually have the toughest educational system
in the world
Tougher than america,uk,Aussie and Canada
Check ur fact .if the superiority complex has been
burying your eyes,please respect any german graduate
you seer from today
I know y u guys are shouting,if u have the chance to
do one certificate course abroad,ur mentality will
change

Yes its germany:Please don't go into cardiogenic shock with your inferiority complex and Ignorance.
I'm too sure u haven't seen any German graduate of medicine n surgery or any clinical course in your whole life.im too sure of what I'm saying.u haven't .
I'm just wondering which German made doctor will prefer to come back to nigeria and get underpaid after all the stress and tough and challenging studies
Let mie blow your mind perhaps u are stocked in one tick village without information and u just come here to post your assumptions
Germany has one of the best health care worldwide(better than us and uk) yet they don't have enough doctors due to how hard their medical colleges are.so any medical graduate in Germany doesn't have any thought of going back to his/her country because he gets his job placement before graduation .
Despite the insufficient medical practitioners ,they still bluntly refuse to accept foreign trained doctors .last time I was @ the german consulate office I met two med doc.one trained in Hungary and other in Cyprus wanting to migrate to Germany for work purpose but the condition given was that they have to do the propedäutikum which is a3years course to qualify any foreign doctor to fit into their medical system
I challenge you to tell mie 5hospitals in nigeria where u have german trained doctors or u keep silent on what u don't know

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by akblings(m): 9:37am On Jul 02, 2017
TheVictorious:

All these stories and mysteries do they depict the schools strength or bad academic standard SMH for you
its left for u to judge...
But that skol isnt afta producing 50 1st class students who cant make it outside d four walls of the university...

A third class student frm that skol, is extremely good...
Make your findings, u'd see wat am talkin abt...
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by dprinz99(m): 9:42am On Jul 02, 2017
TheVictorious:

See this one, are we talking about the courses they offer or whether they meet the minimum requirements for being called a 21st century university?? Check out the courses "Princeton University" offer!
Don't mind their little mentality and mediocrity
I'm still wondering which Nigerian uni meets the 21st century uni standard even tho it offers 2courses
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by cameeeeel(m): 9:48am On Jul 02, 2017
definitely, it Alma mata
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by jemimafelix(f): 9:53am On Jul 02, 2017
I want to believe the OP is lying.

The story was formulated.

The guy just wanted you guys to start argument and unfortunately it's working.
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by gidjah(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2017
hunniebun:
The five best..

UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA

uNIVERSITY OF ILLORIN

UNIVERSITY OF BENIN

COVENANT UNIVERSITY

UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN

stop recommending stinking public universities to kids who have foreign trainings and with state to the art facilities outside this nation!, what have ui, oau got to offer this kids who need foreign basic standards of education ?, strikes, cultism, bad water, poor lighting systems, poor internet systems etc......abeg make una stop disgracing una self mentioning public universities biko!!(fyi, I attended a public university too , but nothing special came out of them qpqrt from the many long strike and poor learning conditions that is prevalent with all our public institutions nation wide ).private uni lik CU will do best for the kids in this situation biko
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by gidjah(m): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2017
lots of US here are just making this issue complex for the op! hear school names and u go fear fear!, yaradua uni.. uni lag..Michael okparq..adekunle ajaasin...schools that cant boast of adequate water supply and power, epileptic internet systems, poor learning environments....for kids coming from Europe !!!!! una wan kill person o !!
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by chymes0359(m): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2017
This University is no heard about and am almost graduating from it..
Is one of the best you can ever think of I. The north east..
FEDERAL UNIVESIRTY OF TECHNOLOGY YOLA.
WILL BE THE RIGHT CHOICE..
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2017
AMBROSE ALLI UNIVERSITY, EKPOMA would be best for your uncle's kids if you really want Nigeria to pass thru them grin grin grin
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by babafirst(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Flashmove:
Hello,

My Uncle wants to bring their children back to study in Nigeria so that they will feel Nigeria and Nigeria will pass through them since they were born abroad.

I would like to know the best University that i will recommend to him.

Please give me the reason why its the best. Advantage and Disadvantage
NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY. .........But they must be ready to serve Nigeria first.

1 Like

Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Ichietome: 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
UNIVERSITY OF PORTHACOURT
Re: Which University Is The Best In Nigeria? by Darlington120(m): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
university of Maiduguri (unimaid) best school

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Nairaland Math Quiz Winner l::::::JARYEH::::::l / UNILORIN 400L Student Slumps And Dies (Photos) / NDU Student Laments As Rat "Chops" Her 30k Inside A Saving Box In Amassoma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.