Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola (47976 Views)

Togo, Niger, Benin Owe Nigeria ₦32.04 Billion For Electricity Supplied In 2019 / We Now Know Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Ghana / This Is Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic –Minster Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 5:28am On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:
South Africa is building two giant nuclear plants.
And she's already having over 40,000 megawatts with 53 million people while Nigeria is just 4,000 with 180 million population
Your ignorance is truly exemplary!

Nigeria, Russia sign nuclear power plants pact – Osaisai

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigeria-russia-sign-nuclear-power-plants-pact--osaisai/176939.html

The same Rosatom Corporation of Russia bidding to build the NP in SA just last year signed an agreement with Nigeria to build four Nuclear power plants in Nigeria.

You know so much about other countries, but you know so little about your own country.

All you have is gra gra and zero knowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by 989900: 5:32am On Jul 12, 2017
If you have been looking for validation of the dumbing down of Nigeria -- comments on this thread is it.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Nobody: 5:34am On Jul 12, 2017
@deomelo.............try to understand what TheMortician is saying.

in two sentences, he's saying that the dam is irrelevant as it not generating much output, so, how can a country like Nigeria with 180m population cry foul over that when SA of 53m population generates 40,000mw and still going nuclear.
secondly, we can make another bargain with those countries rather than sell electricity to them as it is not even enough for us.

pls, don't let Themortician injure u with facts and expletives.
he's a funny dude when it gets to expletives.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:
what kind of shameless Bastard have I been conversing with? Even using an alternate to preserve the fleeting ego of his main alternate.

Go and check Egypt's nuclear plans....get a sense of shame, my boy. You telemundo addict thinks every topic is where you use your leprosy-infested fingers to chirp out nonsense.

Fullblown retárd

What's wrong with this ignorant clown?

Egypt doesn't have any functioning NP and they are even yet to award contract for the so-called Dabaa nuclear plant.

You really need to confine your ignorance to yourself and your kind.

What a dullard you are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 5:35am On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

The same Rosatom Corporation of Russia bidding to build the NP in SA just last year signed an agreement with Nigeria to build four Nuclear power plants in Nigeria.

You know so much about other countries, but you know so little about your own country.

All you have is gra gra and zero knowledge.

TheMortician:
@ Deomelo, have you checked if south Africa is building nuclear power plants yet?

Did you know Nigeria had a contract with Russia under GEJ administration for similar projects but was later jettisoned or stalled?

Read una no go read , na to come Nairaland come disgrace una backwater education naim una sabi

I had stated that fact earlier in my quote to you. You always play blind because you're empty. I have used that nuclear deal to word-flog South Africans in the foreign affairs section of this forum since 2015.
However, the current administration have not made headway on that deal signed by Jonathan. It is currently in hibernation.

I think you're Demon-possesed.
Utterly lacking in dignity and honour. You have every disposition to rob a corpse !!!

I won't be conversing with you further.

You aren't worth the internet data that conveys these messages. And you certainly aren't woryh one stroke of my finger on my keyboard.

You're irredeemably taken by shamelessness and/or short amnesia, having the attention span of a domesticated squirrel.

The end!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by gentlegenius(m): 5:41am On Jul 12, 2017
Ehiscotch:

I should not be replying you because you obviously failed to read or understand or both.
The rivers from which water is flowing into our dam is situated in some of these countries and in order to prevent blockage and to keep the river flowing into our dams we need to sort of give them an incentive or some sort of compensation so we make them pay for the electricity just as you and I also pay.
I'm trying my best to understand how this works but I just can't.
With the epileptic power situation in Nigeria, where we sometimes pay for the light that we don't see, are they telling me that other countries also pay for the erratic, unsteady light that we generate in this country? How do we satisfy them when we can't even satisfy any section of our country? How do we give them steady light when we can't have steady light in even one state?
Does it mean the power situation in those countries is improved to the detriment of ours? If so, then we are robbing ourselves to pay our neighbors because we also pay for light here.
Anyway, I am not surprised. Things like this can only happen in Nigeria.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 5:52am On Jul 12, 2017
shervydman:

in two sentences, he's saying that the dam is irrelevant as it not generating much output, so, how can a country like Nigeria with 180m population cry foul over that when SA of 53m population generates 40,000mw and still going nuclear.
secondly, we can make another bargain with those countries rather than sell electricity to them as it is not even enough for us.

Bro, I tire. There's shiroro and jebba dams and if this guy doesn't see the odity in selling power to these countries because of over-fixted reliance on kanji dam which only supplies 500 laughable megawatts or something of that figure, then there's something missing in his cognitive abilities.

Nigeria is Africa's largest economy and smaller countries are going nuclear and Nigeria is talking kanji dam and selling electricity that can't even serve us for 5 interrupted hours.

Fact is, I believe the minister is lying his teeth out. Niger and Benin pay in millions of dollars for our electricity, and that, my friend, is the motive for selling not the stupid excuse of damming the kainji dam.

The Government needs money especially hard foreign ones at this time.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 5:53am On Jul 12, 2017
shervydman:

760MW is irrelevant, right? You people are not serious for sure.

What we are selling to them is less than 1% of what we generate and agreement is agreement and it must be honored. The are not getting anything free of charge, they are paying for it.

Nigeria is not SA and SA is not Nigeria. SA's NPs and huge MW output are byproducts of the apartheid government.

You can shout all you want, but you can not erase decades of neglect, contracts, and agreements overnight.

Where were you when past administrations, specifically the last PDP admin budgeted $20 billion for electricity and end up looting and stealing every kobo with nothing but darkness to show for it?

Fast forward to 2017, we don't have that kind of money anymore, we are broke and have to operate within our economic confines and even with our economic challenges, we have more MW coming up than what was generated before.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by kuuljay(m): 5:56am On Jul 12, 2017
Hati13:

If a river is international river(a river that pass more than one country), then you can't block it. The international law prohibit it.

You can build a Dam, but the Dam is prohibited by international law from blocking all the water from reaching other countries.

Peace!
there are international laws scattered everywhere the questions to answer is if there are mechanisms on ground to enforce such laws,if no then there is no law,use of international waters rests on negotiations and that's all about it,if a river passes through five countries and all five decides to build dams within their territory no one can stop them,the last country may be left with little or nothing

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

760MW is irrelevant, right? You people are not serious for sure.

What we are selling to them is less than 1% of what we generate and agreement is agreement and it must be honored. The are not getting anything free of charge, they are paying for it.

Nigeria is not SA and SA is not Nigeria. SA's NPs and huge MW output are byproducts of the apartheid government.

You can shout all you want, but you can not erase decades of neglect, contracts, and agreements overnight.

Where were you when past administrations, specifically the last PDP admin budgeted $20 billion for electricity and end up looting and stealing every kobo with nothing but darkness to show for it?

Fast forward to 2017, we don't have that kind of money anymore, we are broke and have to operate withing our economic confines and even with our economic challenges, we have more MW coming up than what was generated before.
u obviously don't know what u're talking about............. I don't even know where to pick up a debate with u with all these stewpid thesis
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:00am On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:

I had stated that fact earlier in my quote to you. You always play blind because you're empty. I have used that nuclear deal to word-flog South Africans in the foreign affairs section of this forum since 2015.
However, the current administration have not made headway on that deal signed by Jonathan. It is currently in hibernation.

I think you're Demon-possesed.
Utterly lacking in dignity and honour. You have every disposition to rob a corpse !!!

I won't be conversing with you further.

You aren't worth the internet data that conveys these messages. And you certainly aren't woryh one stroke of my finger on my keyboard.

You're irredeemably taken by shamelessness and/or short amnesia, having the attention span of a domesticated squirrel.

The end!

1. You are very dumb and ignorant so you spew rubbish all over the place to cover your ignorance.

2. You opined that other African countries are building power plants, but came up with only SA, then you latched on to Egypt that doesn't have any and is even yet to award contract.

3. You are so clueless and ignorant that the fact that Nigeria, your own country already signed an agreement with Russia to build 4 power plants flew over your ignorant head while praising other countries.

Like I said if you are going to run your mouth, do it with basic knowledge and credible facts.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by 989900: 6:01am On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:

[s]Bro, I tire. There's shiroro and jebba dams and if this guy doesn't see the odity in selling power to these countries because of over-fixted reliance on kanji dam which only supplies 500 laughable megawatts or something of that figure, then there's something missing in his cognitive abilities.

Nigeria is Africa's largest economy and smaller countries are going nuclear and Nigeria is talking kanji dam and selling electricity that can't even serve us for 5 interrupted hours.

Fact is, I believe the minister is lying his teeth out. Niger and Benin pay in millions of dollars for our electricity, and that, my friend, is the motive for selling not the stupid excuse of damming the kainji dam.

The Government needs money especially hard foreign ones at this time.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:03am On Jul 12, 2017
shervydman:

u obviously don't know what u're talking about............. I don't even know where to pick up a debate with u with all these stewpid thesis.

Coming from another ignorant joker with zero capacity to formulate sane, rational and intelligent thoughts.

This joker even labeled a 760MW power plant irrelevant.

And you wonder why you are lost and unable to pick up a simple internet debate.

Mentally lazy you are.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Nobody: 6:10am On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

Coming from another ignorant joker with zero capacity to formulate sane, rational and intelligent thoughts. And you wonder why you are lost and unable to pick up simple internet debate.

Mentally lazy you are.
huh........I don't have time to waste on people like u, if u cant grasp what TheMortician is saying, how can u grasp mine? u need to find urself a good nursery school, get urself a nursery school uniform, run to class and learn simple comprehension, don't be a dick-head, learn to assimilate things very well before u respond. u read to argue and not to understand!

see ya.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by 989900: 6:10am On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

1. You are very dumb and ignorant so you spew rubbish all over the place to cover your ignorance.

2. You opined that other African countries are building power plants, but came up with only SA, then you latched on to Egypt that doesn't have any and is even yet to award contract.

3. You are so clueless and ignorant that the fact that Nigeria, your own country already signed an agreement with Russia to build 4 power plants flew over your ignorant head while praising other countries.

Like I said if you are going to run your mouth, do it with basic knowledge and credible facts.

Quit wasting your time with some guy that doesn't know that both the Shiroro and Jebba dams/other economic, social, and strategic activities depend on the pressure and buoyancy of the Niger river.

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:11am On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
shervydman:

huh........I don't have time to waste on people like u, if u cant grasp what TheMortician is saying, how can u grasp mine? u need to find urself a good nursery school, get urself a nursery school uniform, run to class and learn simple comprehension, don't be a dick-head, learn to assimilate things very well before u respond. u read to argue and not to understand!

see ya.
[/s]

Abeg keep quiet if you have nothing meaningful to contribute.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Nobody: 6:12am On Jul 12, 2017
989900:

Quit wasting your time with some guy that doesn't know that both the Shiroro and Jebba dams depend on the pressure and buoyancy of the Niger river.

another olodo sighted.........welcome on board to join ur hollow skull pal.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by 989900: 6:12am On Jul 12, 2017
[[s]quote author=shervydman post=58367707]
another olodo sighted.........welcome on board to join ur hollow skull pal.[/s][/quote]
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:14am On Jul 12, 2017
shervydman:

another olodo sighted.........welcome on board to join ur hollow skull pal.

And this empty vessel joker is yet to contribute anything beyond mindless ramblings.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:18am On Jul 12, 2017
Nigeria to generate electricity from nuclear energy – Fashola

The statement also said the comprehensive nuclear law was with the parliament and would be enacted soon.

It stated that Nigeria cannot afford to be left behind in the acquisition of appropriate nuclear technologies.

It assured that government would do all within its power to strengthen the capacity of the regulatory regime.

According to the statement, all procurement activities for the first nuclear power plant with generation capacity of 1,200MW of power to the National Grid by 2025 would be done as scheduled.

It listed Geregu in Ajaokuta local government area of Kogi, and Itu local government area of Akwa-Ibom as the two sites selected by the Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission (NAEC).

The statement added that these projects would be financed through Public-Private Participation (PPP) policy for infrastructural development in the country with target to increase it to 4,800MW by the year 2035.

http://radionigerialagos.com/a/nigeria-to-generate-electricity-from-nuclear-energy-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 6:24am On Jul 12, 2017
My impulse to respond to this is akin to a doctor who stumbles upon a potent remedy to cure the ailment of his patient.
deomelo:

Empty statements there.
deomelo:

Egypt and the nuclear power

Egypt and Russia signed an agreement, on November 19, 2015, under which Russia will build and finance Egypt’s first nuclear power plant, in a ceremony attended by President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
Egypt is part of the MENA countries and they are all going nuclear while Nigeria is still talking kainji dam and hydro power.
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/content/egypt-and-nuclear-power-plants-mena
deomelo:

Yet I had stated that fact here in a post you even quoted. Only for you to say I didn't know Nigeria had signed with Russia under GEJ which this administration has completely ignored! www.nairaland.com/attachments/5636258_2017071206_20_18_jpegc74093f2115d0c06fd060d4e953cd9ca

I offer you education right here on the classroom of Nairaland way above your father's pay grade
deomelo:

You're a disgrace to the man who invented the internet. Not even an automated internet virus is as mindless and repetitive as you.

Scatterbrained móron!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Loonyy(m): 6:30am On Jul 12, 2017
y dem even construct the dam in the first place, were Atlantic ocean flow through Bordor in rivers state and Ikot Abasi in akwa ibom. nonsense government with shiftsided development

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by luckyogor(m): 6:39am On Jul 12, 2017
All supporters of fashola here are yorubas and lagosians,this is the reason why nigeria cant grow,we want to use algreba to solve all issues,nonsense explanations, a country of failed leadership, a country of many excuses.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
TheMortician:
My impulse to respond to this is akin to a doctor who stumbles upon a potent remedy to cure the ailment of his patient.

Empty statements there.
Egypt and the nuclear power

Egypt’s demand for electricity is rising at a rapid pace, but the country’s own energy resources are limited and very little room left for increasing the country’s output of hydroelectric energy. Egypt is increasingly looking to nuclear energy as a solution.

Egypt and Russia signed an agreement, on November 19, 2015, under which Russia will build and finance Egypt’s first nuclear power plant, in a ceremony attended by President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
Egypt is part of the MENA countries and they are all going nuclear while Nigeria is still talking kainji dam and hydro power.
http://www.israeldefense.co.il/en/content/egypt-and-nuclear-power-plants-mena
Yet I had stated that fact here in a post you even quoted. Only for you to say I didn't know Nigeria had signed with Russia under GEJ which this administration has completely ignored! www.nairaland.com/attachments/5636258_2017071206_20_18_jpegc74093f2115d0c06fd060d4e953cd9ca

I offer you education right here on the classroom of Nairaland way above your father's pay grade

You're a disgrace to the man who invented the internet. Not even an automated internet virus is as mindless and repetitive as you.

Scatterbrained móron!
[/s]

More ignorant rubbish, not interested.

You ignorantly asserted that I should Go and check Egypt's nuclear plans. Ordinary freeking plans when your own country already signed an agreement to build 4 power plants in Nigeria.

To break it down, Egypt with no nuclear power plants, no functioning nuclear power plants and not even ordinary contract for nuclear power plant is doing great and ahead of Nigeria while Nigeria with 4 nuclear power plant agreement with Russian is clueless and behind. grin grin

What a born dullard. grin grin
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 6:53am On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
shervydman:

see ya.
[/s]

This clown still doesn't have anything sane, sensible and intelligent to contribute apart from the same worthless and meaningless ramblings.

Shut up abeg..

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ejanla077: 7:00am On Jul 12, 2017
jpphilips:

Niger river has an elevation at Niger and Benin Republic, geographically ok for them to construct the dam, if we allowed that, we wont have anything and Niger wont give us electricity either.
I think Egypt and Ethiopia have a similar agreement on the Nile river. What do you know?
Block head calling himself an elder.

so whats d importance of d dam to Nigeria if it was built to service Niger and not nigeria
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 7:07am On Jul 12, 2017
ejanla077:

so whats d importance of d dam to Nigeria if it was built to service Niger and not nigeria

Reading and comprehension failed you.

The plant generates 760MW and Niger gets only 45MW and we keep the rest.

Btw, they still pay for the 45MW.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by sapele914(m): 7:21am On Jul 12, 2017
ElSherriff:
Fashola we trusted you, now you are spewing this nonsense? Which dam? ehn? stop selling to them, when they overflow the dam, sanction them. sell something else not what you do not have in abundance.
Kid n Play,why show your ignorance to the whole world,if you don't understand an issue why open your shallow mind and spit rubbish?shut up,even the scripture says when a fool keeps quiet he is thought to be clever. Doughnut brain don't you know the River Niger flows through Republic of Niger and if they were to build their own dam it will drop the water level coming to Kainji dam and with the low water level, kainji dam in Nigeria would not be able to generate electricity? I can see you must have gone to a very poor standard primary and secondary school because these is elementary social science and geography.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ejanla077: 7:24am On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

Reading and comprehension failed you.

The plant generates 760MW and Niger gets only 45MW and we keep the rest.
Btw, they still pay for the 45MW.
really. my bad. chill failed u...
u need to get some
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by bahgo2001: 7:26am On Jul 12, 2017
three:
The National Assembly particularly Senator Goje and Saraki are the ones that caused the problem. They made those countries threaten Nigeria just to embarass Minister Fashola!

#SarcasmAlert
It has always been like that, get your fact right.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 7:28am On Jul 12, 2017
ejanla077:

really.
my bad. chill failed u...

u need to get some

Just keep up with reading and comprehension.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Oshiomole Summons NWC Meeting After Suspension Is Lifted / Buhari And Wife In US With 108-Man Delegation Despite Recession / Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.