Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,144 members, 7,815,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola (47978 Views)

Togo, Niger, Benin Owe Nigeria ₦32.04 Billion For Electricity Supplied In 2019 / We Now Know Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Ghana / This Is Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic –Minster Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
TheMortician:
I get it, you're trying to distort my remarks into an unpatriotic shade to get cheap likes and derail the debate away from your severe congenital mental limitation.

Rant on, but I feel your shame. Nairaland is where you measure your unproductive life so you won't take lessons from someone whose education far superseded yours!

South Africa's nuclear plans like Egypt's are ongoing and none is yet functional. And that's what I stated. You on the other hand was running around with the idea Egypt hasn't signed any contract (when she has 2 years ago) like a cheap prostitute paid in dollars for the first time.
You tell cheap lies just to win an argument when your brain is as empty as a book-less library.

Your country's nuclear power plans has flown away or tell me where it has been mentioned since this administration took office. Your minister is ranting about a 40-year old dam that can only produce 500 megawatts and selling off some of it to neighboring countries without stating plans for an upgrade and alternate power generation, and a dim-witted puppet like you sees nothing wrong!

For you to claim I never knew nigeria signed a nuclear deal with Russia during GEJ's regime when I was the one who first said it here to you..a post you even quoted, means, you're a wizard tormented by your demons of delusions of persecution and a petty-minded doofus who measures his importance with his posts in Nairaland.

That's why you don't admit when you're wrong. Your inferiority complex was really built to last hence you walk all over Nairaland with a plethora of alternate accounts drooling over topics whose contents are too heavy for your fragile mental architecture to support.

Anyone who chops off your fingers with a tetanus-infected blade has done the entire cyber community an incalculable favour.

You're suffering from chronic attention deficit syndrome and you love seeing your lunacy in digital prints.

Mentally imbecilitated psychoneurotic dweeb.
[/s]

Like I advised from from the beginning, if you are going to argue, insult and call people names, make sure you are knowledgeable and have credible facts on your side, but you are only good at insults, but very more and terrible when it comes to facts and basic knowledge about your own country.

You need to shut and pick up a book.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 12:43pm On Jul 12, 2017
realjoker:
This Idea (multilateral agreement) predate the existence of you and your father, so why the fuss now? Or do you think that when your hero was there we were not selling power to them?

Is the history of multilateral agreement in dispute here? Or the dumb idea of Nigeria selling scare resources (power) to maintain same old relic of an underpower architecture that has long serve his purpose?

How many posts must you furnish before it will dawn on you mother nature denied you the logical prowess available to the average human?

You're nature's compromise between a fullblown madman and breathing bag of frustration.

Here's what a fellow Nairalander said about your baseless argument and stupidity!
Never knew you are the byword for idleness and illogical bellowing in Nairaland.

Nowenuse:

No fool. 9jakool is quite a reasonable person who backs whatever he is saying with hard facts, logic & rationality, so i have to respond to him likewise. While for those of you who have nothing upstairs, i unfortunately have to descend to your levels for better comprehension on your paths.

Where did i ever say the entire Nupes and Gbagyis do not understand Hausa? Please show me.

Go get your alternates and self-service on your imbecility. Oh, and don't forget to lie and twist my statement to feed the bloodthirsty demons tormenting you.

Out!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 12:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Like I advised from from the beginning, if you are going to argue, insult and call people names, make sure you are knowledgeable and have credible facts on your side, but you are only good at insults, but very more and terrible when it comes to facts and basic knowledge about your own country.

You need to shut and pick up a book.
The realjoker has switched to his alternate to save face. What a dirt-poor dopey lunatic.

Same idiot who doesn't know about MoU is a legally binding contract!

Product of Nairaland education grin
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 12:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:

Is the history of multilateral agreement in dispute here? Or the dumb idea of Nigeria selling scare resources (power) to maintain same old relic of an underpower architecture that has long serve his purpose?

How many posts must you furnish before it will dawn on you mother nature denied you the logical prowess available to the average human?

You're nature's compromise between a fullblown madman and breathing bag of frustration.

Here's what a fellow Nairalander said about your baseless argument and stupidity!
Never knew you are the byword for idleness and illogical bellowing in Nairaland.

Go get your alternates and self-service on your imbecility. Oh, and don't forget to lie and twist my statement to feed the bloodthirsty demons tormenting you.

Out!
Seems like you are the same person behind Nowenuse moniker?

You are naturally dumb aswear.
Even after you were told that all what we sell to both Niger and Benin Republic are from Kanji and Jebba dam that fall under this multilateral agreement and what we sell to them is less than 5% of power generated from this two hydroelectric dams you still keep wallowing in your hereditary ignorance. I still went as far as letting you know that What we sell to them can't even power Ikorodu alone yet you still keep celebrating your foolishness.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 1:02pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:
The realjoker has switched to his alternate to save face. What a dirt-poor dopey lunatic.

Same idiot who doesn't know about MoU is a legally binding contract!

Product of Nairaland education grin
Lol.. E b like sey Amadioha don fall on you. What a confused cretin.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ElSherriff: 1:16pm On Jul 12, 2017
You do not seem to get this do you? Oya na, stay with Fashola, let him keep supplying electricity to Togo and Benin since 1968. Enjoy the 2000+ MW you have now which is less than a tenth of SAs energy output. Clap for Fashola and bring the whole internet to back it up. Since you didnt read my quoted article enough, Id tell you to see the enormity of work that people who are ready are doing. We have plateaus and mountains in northern Nigeria that can conveniently accommodate elevated water storage. We can generate enough alternative energy sources to power the turbines that would drive water to power our dams. It is not even nearly as audacious as Fashola or the types of mediocres backed by you softly educated kinds wanna make us believe. Elon Musk isnt a ghost.
Oga no quote me again. I am on my way out of Nigeria. You can die in this darkness and your dead body will still be praising Fashola, Talon and
Issofou.
Bye
dane15:

Oga Sir, everyone can play football with their mouth but playing on the pitch is a different ball game.

You can read this: http://sahelstandard.com/index.php/2015/05/04/war-looms-between-nigeria-niger-over-river-niger/.

You will understand that France has been pushing the aforementioned countries to dam the River Niger for sometime.

Are you aware that Kainji dam contributes about 700MW out of our current 2,929 MW? That is 24% of our power generation.
Please read this to verify : http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/electricity-nigerians-darkness-kainji-genco-boss/

Can you begin to see the effect of allowing Togo and Benin republic to reduce the flow of River Niger?

I also noticed how you have drifted from your initial argument to prove that Fashola is a failure. That is a story for another day.

Consider that as far back as when Jonathan was in power, 95 million Nigerians did not have access to regular electricity. Please read: http://www.businessinsider.com/95-million-nigerians-are-living-without-electricity-and-something-needs-to-change-2016-7?IR=T

The issue in Nigeria is that people just talk and talk and criticize destructively instead of objectively.

I hereby present the budget for Power in 2015-2017 to you. At least for you to criticize someone, you are saying you can do better.
015- http://businessnews.com.ng/2015/12/28/power-works-housing-ministry-gets-700-budget-increase/
2016-http://www.finance.gov.ng/images/budget2016/worksPowerHousing.pdf
2017-http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/budget-2017-power-gets-n69-96bn/

Present a REASONABLE workable plan in 2 YEARS to transform Nigeria from its state in 2015 to where it can have 24 hours uninterrupted power supply.

And please let us not talk about that your link (https://qz.com/706832/new-turbines-have-upgraded-a-hydroelectric-dam-in-the-swiss-alps-to-a-nuke-sized-battery). I read through the link and realized that because you were just looking for something to back up your position on the internet, you did not even bother to read through. Read this extract from your link carefully, "Water is pumped uphill when electricity is cheap and plentiful, and runs downhill, spinning turbines and generating electricity, when needed".
Here is the catch, we don't even have electricity so your idea is Dead on Arrival.

The issue in Nigeria is that everyone wants to talk and abuse and criticize destructively.

Please never criticize if you do not have a better idea. Just glue your lips.

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 1:48pm On Jul 12, 2017
realjoker:
Seems like you are the same person behind Nowenuse moniker?

You are naturally dumb aswear.
Even after you were told that all what we sell to both Niger and Benin Republic are from Kanji and Jebba dam that fall under this multilateral agreement and what we sell to them is less than 5% of power generated from this two hydroelectric dams you still keep wallowing in your hereditary ignorance. I still went as far as letting you know that What we sell to them can't even power Ikorodu alone yet you still keep celebrating your foolishness.

Kainji dam has a theoretical capacity or 720 megawatts but output is 500 megawatts.

Jebba dam has an installed capacity of 540 megawatts and is currently producing less than 500 .

So you're telling us Nigeria sells less than 5 percent of 1000 megawatts which is less than 50 megawatts to both Niger and Benin republics for over $129 million accumulating to over 48 billion Naira?

Don't you see how messed up you are?

And you want me to believe one of your father's concubines have not swapped your brains with that of a dibia's sacrificial ram?

Inexorable idiot!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 1:51pm On Jul 12, 2017
realjoker:
Lol.. E b like sey Amadioha don fall on you. What a confused cretin.
generic lame line. You're the breathing manifestation of mediocrity!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by dane15: 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2017
ElSherriff:
You do not seem to get this do you? Oya na, stay with Fashola, let him keep supplying electricity to Togo and Benin since 1968. Enjoy the 2000+ MW you have now which is less than a tenth of SAs energy output. Clap for Fashola and bring the whole internet to back it up. Since you didnt read my quoted article enough, Id tell you to see the enormity of work that people who are ready are doing. We have plateaus and mountains in northern Nigeria that can conveniently accommodate elevated water storage. We can generate enough alternative energy sources to power the turbines that would drive water to power our dams. It is not even nearly as audacious as Fashola or the types of mediocres backed by you softly educated kinds wanna make us believe. Elon Musk isnt a ghost.
Oga no quote me again. I am on my way out of Nigeria. You can die in this darkness and your dead body will still be praising Fashola, Talon and
Issofou.
Bye

Simple challenge you can't take, yet you are abusing yourself. I can clearly see that if you are made the Minister of Power you will fail woefully.

I challenged you to come up with a plan if you were the Minister of Power to change Nigeria in 2 years and you came up with some balderdash from the internet that a 5 year old child can do better than. If that's all you can come up with then Nigeria is better without you.

Nairaland should be for matured minds. It should be a place for people that think objectively and constructively and not for every Tom, Dick and Harry who has access to cheap data.

As an erudite you should not seek to turn every intellectual discussion to an opportunity to abuse yourself.
Nigerians are not bereft of ideas, implementation is the issue as you can see from APC's 2015 campaign.

The challenge still remains. What will you do differently from Fashola?

You can choose to abuse yourself again like a toddler to which I will not dignify you with a reply or come to the table like an erudite I assume you are.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 2:15pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:
My point is, since Nigeria barely has enough electricity for itself why not use her economic power in the subregion to negotiate other ways of compensation instead of selling what she doesn't have? (2) The honourable minister wasn't even taking about alternative source of power generation when other African countries with less electricity demand have gone nuclear. But he was still hitting on kanji dam which is as useless as our independence.

when magnified idiots like you grace the Internet, they often critique people's submission without facts. And you wonder why the only interview you have ever been invited for since your everlasting joblessness is for the possition of a mortuary attendant.

You're the brain-damaged, barely-literate Nairaland foremost nuisance who goes about arguing out of point and logic in all front page thread on this forum. Whenever you're outclassed and out-fact, you veer into non-topic to save face which only makes you appear stupider than you began.

Seems you're looking for your oblique destiny in Nairaland.
Air-headed simpleton

Agreements for Two Large Scale Solar Power Firms

The federal government yesterday signed two put and call option agreements (PCOAs) with two of the 14 large scale solar power firms that have indicated interests to build and generate up to 1125 megawatts (MW) of solar power for Nigeria’s national grid.

The government had through the Nigerian Bulk Electricity Trading Plc (NBET), signed power purchase agreements (PPAs) with the 14 solar independent power plants (IPPs) in July 2016.

It was however supposed to sign the PCOAs with the firms a month after the initialing of the PPAs but could not because of long periods of negotiations on the Partial Risk Guarantees (PRG) for the projects with the World Bank and African Development Bank (AfDB).

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2017/04/12/fg-finally-signs-indemnity-agreements-for-two-large-scale-solar-power-firms/

Nigeria, Russia sign nuclear power plants pact – Osaisai

The Director General, Nigeria Atomic Energy Commission (NAEC), Dr. Franklin Erepamo Osaisai, yesterday said a Project Development Agreement (PDA) is being signed by Nigeria and Russia to identify their roles in building the proposed nuclear power plants in the country.

Osaisai who spoke at the sidelines of a meeting of the Joint Coordination Committee for the implementation of the Nigeria-Russia agreement on peaceful application of nuclear energy in Abuja, said creating the PDA was the next step after Nigeria picked Itu in Akwa Ibom State, and Geregu in Kogi State as sites for the proposed nuclear power plants.

Daily Trust had reported in 2015 that NAEC has held talks with Russia’s Rosatom Corporation to build four nuclear power plants costing about $20 billion to generate 4,800 megawatts (mw).

He said other steps being taken after identifying the sites included the financial side, and the technology elements

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nigeria-russia-sign-nuclear-power-plants-pact--osaisai/176939.html

Milhouse Set to Fast Track 30Mw Coal-to-Power Plant in Enugu

Milhouse Generation Services Ltd. (Generation) is on a fast track to produce power in Nigeria deploying a clean coal technology. Generation was recently granted a 30 MW license from the Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission (NERC) to produce power in Enugu, a state in Nigeria where significant coal deposits exist.

Generation is incorporated in Nigeria and owned by Milhouse International, LLC. President/ CEO Wilbur C. Milhouse III, PE, leads Milhouse Engineering & Construction, Inc. and his international enterprises. Mr. Milhouse is excited about the potential that Nigeria has, given its abundant natural resources.

http://www.nigeriaelectricityhub.com/2017/04/21/milhouse-set-to-fast-track-30mw-coal-to-power-plant-in-enugu/

Now to deal with your ignorance and what you stated initially in this thread that Nigeria and the honourable minister wasn't even taking about alternative source of power generation when other African countries with less electricity demand have gone nuclear. But he was still hitting on kanji dam which is as useless as our independence.

1. Talking about alternative source of energy, Nigeria already, singed agreement with Russia to build 4 Nuclear power plants so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

2. Talking about alternative source of energy, we have large scale solar power plants/1125MW coming up and so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity with funding and purchase agreement on the table.

3. Talking about alternative source of energy, Nigeria is throwing coal power plants in the mix and fast tracking a coal power plant in Enugu so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

4. Talking about alternative source of energy, we have a wind farm going up in Katsina as we speak so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

See, your silly and pointless argument from the beginning was based on ignorance and lack of any form of understanding regarding electricity plans in your own country hence your idiotic and thoughtless need to substitute Nigeria with other countries.

So, what other alternative form of energy Nigeria is not currently addressing?

Again, if you are going to argue and insult people, make sure your have knowledge and facts on your side, but as poorly displayed by you, you are just another dullard and empty head spewing rubbish on the internet.

You really need to get lost and confine your ignorance to your empty and shallow brain kind.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
dane15:

Simple challenge you can't take, yet you are abusing yourself. I can clearly see that if you are made the Minister of Power you will fail woefully.

I challenged you to come up with a plan if you were the Minister of Power to change Nigeria in 2 years and you came up with some balderdash from the internet that a 5 year old child can do better than. If that's all you can come up with then Nigeria is better without you.

Nairaland should be for matured minds. It should be a place for people that think objectively and constructively and not for every Tom, Dick and Harry who has access to cheap data.

As an erudite you should not seek to turn every intellectual discussion to an opportunity to abuse yourself.
Nigerians are not bereft of ideas, implementation is the issue as you can see from APC's 2015 campaign.

You can choose to abuse yourself again like a toddler to which I will not dignify you with a reply or come to the table like an erudite I assume you are.

Well said.

These ignorant dolts have nothing sane and rational to contribute beyond ignorance, insults and abuse, they just want us to know how much they hate Nigeria and Fashola.

They are all angry, bitter and hateful kids and empty heads trolling on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:

Kainji dam has a theoretical capacity or 720 megawatts but output is 500 megawatts.

Jebba dam has an installed capacity of 540 megawatts and is currently producing less than 500 .

So you're telling us Nigeria sells less than 5 percent of 1000 megawatts which is less than 50 megawatts to both Niger and Benin republics for over $129 million accumulating to over 48 billion Naira?

Don't you see how messed up you are?

And you want me to believe one of your father's concubines have not swapped your brains with that of a dibia's sacrificial ram?

Inexorable idiot!

This is a 2001 article

Nigeria and Republic of Niger reach power supply agreement
Aug 06, 2001 02:00 AM
Nigeria and the Republic of Niger have reached a fresh agreement that will guarantee uninterrupted
power supply to Niger and also guarantee uninterrupted flow of water from Niger to
Nigeria's strategic hydro electric power station at Kainji in the central Nigeria's state of Niger. The accord reached after top level discussions between Nigerian Minister of Power and Steel Olusegun Agagu and his Niger's counterpart Yahaya Baare of Mines Ministry in the capital Abuja.
Officials at the Nigerian Ministry of Power and the National Electric Power Authority (NEPA) disclosed that the arrangement between the two countries will ensure that 45 MW of electricity is guaranteed to Niger. "The amount of electricity to be supplied is just about 1 % of the estimated 4,000 MW to be generated by NEPA at the end of the year. By supplying the country with this, we will also guarantee that they will not dam the River Niger and as such throw Kainji out of action," a NEPA senior official was quoted as saying.
The NEPA's current output hovers between a recent low of 1,200 and the more constant 2,000 MW. Nigeria already through bilateral arrangement shares the hydro-electric power potentials of the River Niger with Niger which the NEPA presently supplies about 35 MW of electricity. The existing transmission line connects Niger from Kainji through the northern city of Birnin-Kebbi, northern Sokoto State to Niamey, capital of Niger.
http://www.gasandoil.com/news/africa/ba1cc5c5e0462770fcaabd00baca2eed

This is a 2016 article

‘Allotting power to Niger Republic caused drop in supply to Kano’
By Joke Falaju, Abuja | 11 March 2016 | 3:00 am
Kano Electricity Distribution Company
Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO) has attributed the drop in electricity supply to the wheeling of 15 megawatts of the 50MW allocated to it to Gazoua in Niger Republic as part of Nigeria’s bilateral agreement with the country.
The company’s Chief Technical Officer, David Omoloye, also explained that the strike action embarked by the Petroleum and Natural Gas Senior Staff Association of Nigeria (PENGASSAN) and Nigeria Union of Petroleum and Natural Gas Workers (NUPENG) has further worsened the situation.
He noted that the industrial action had caused all the six gas thermal stations, which generate at least 80 per cent of daily electricity in Nigeria to be out of supply, leaving the country with power generation from hydro power plants.
A statement by the spokesperson of KEDCO, Mohammed Kandy, said that the company was given 50 MW from the national grid to supply its electricity consumers in the franchise area of Kano, Katsina and Jigawa states.
However, because of Nigeria’s bilateral trade with Niger Republic 30 per cent of the mega watt allotted to KEDCO was wheeled to Niger Republic and this has caused drop in power supply.
The statement said: “As a highly customer-centric electricity distributor, it is our responsibility to keep all our esteemed customers well informed about latest developments in the Nigeria Electricity Supply Industry (NESI) so as to bridge the knowledge gap and achieve customer intimacy at all times.”
The statement further assured its customers that normal power supply would be restored soon, as the Federal Government intensifies efforts to address the situation.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/allotting-power-to-niger-republic-caused-drop-in-supply-to-kano/
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by altitudee: 2:52pm On Jul 12, 2017
Thanks for proven my point.....
chibjohn:
Get your facts right. Hydroelectricity is not Nigeria's largest source of electricity. Maybe it was before but not so now. Our largest source of electricity is fossil fuels. Google is here for us.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 3:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
realjoker:

This is a 2001 article

This is a 2016 article

This my friend is the end of this one-sided educational session. You link you cited have confirmed Nigeria already suffers from drop in power supply (e.g Kano) as a result of the power sale to Niger.

Secondly only Niger takes 45 MW of electricity not mentioning that of Benin republic. Now you said the both kainji and jabba dams give less than 5 percent to both Niger and Benin which has already been debunked by your own post as only Niger takes almost 10 percent form kainji dam's output!!!

You shot yourself in the foot with your contradictory sources which all support my argument that these fools are killing our electricity by selling scarce resources to her neighbours.

Kanu weeps already.

Let me go deal with your attention-starved alternate called Deomelo!

* The end!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ElSherriff: 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2017
Fundamentally, we are not on the same page yet. You have chosen to continue supporting sale of generated electricity for 'guarantee' that the natural flow of the Niger wont be tampered with. I insist, it is unwise of any Government Minister, Fashola inclusive to continue the practice since we barely have enough to consume as you are aware of. I have done a quick check to point to you that indeed it is possible to artificially create dams which is practicable in Nigeria. Guess what, it was the first website I viewed when I checked for sustainable artificial dams globally. Your guess is as good as mine, should I decide to put in a week.
I need not glorify you with a plan for the Nigeria power situation and because you are as gullible as you are, you believe it is a two year plan. Since 1968 we have been on this agreement. That's long enough for a holistic plan to have been developed and implemented. The Swiss and Chinese are not super humans, they only plan long term and execute. They do not justify mediocrity.
Since you are not 5, the minister is not 5, take your adulthood pettiness + 2500MW perennial generation of power and go to bed with it.
I am not tied with you are your minister.
Like I said to someone else, Kainji Dam cost less than 300m USD in the 60s to build. to date, more than a billion has been returned from switzerland as Abacha loot. Minister Fashola has failed and yet we massage their bluntness as though we are cursed geographically? Take the countries East of Nigeria without the Niger River that have better supply into consideration, then you'd see where your problems lie.
Again, I am working my way out of Nigeria. You should too, lest you kids will continue this argument with their cousins many many years from today and will still find a right justification for it.

What was I expecting from a Lawyer as Power Minister? Whatever Bullcrap he is given, he adds a little and peddles to y'all.

Solomon Wisely.

dane15:

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 3:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
TheMortician:
This my friend is the end of this one-sided educational session. You link you cited have confirmed Nigeria already suffers from drop in power supply (e.g Kano) as a result of the power sale to Niger.

Secondly only Niger takes 45 MW of electricity not mentioning that of Benin republic. Now you said the both kainji and jabba dams give less than 5 percent to both Niger and Benin which has already been debunked by your own post as only Niger takes almost 10 percent form kainji dam's output!!!

You shot yourself in the foot with your contradictory sources which all support my argument that these fools are killing our electricity by selling scarce resources to her neighbours.

Kanu weeps already.

Let me go deal with your attention-starved alternate called Deomelo!

* The end!

Always available to educate ignorant people on NL, I call it NL community service.

1. Regardless what MW we are selling or not selling, an agreement is an agreement and we must keep our word.

2. Reneging or terminating signed agreements and treaties is never a god thing because other Nations won't sign any pact or treaties with you because you are not trustworthy, this is why countries don't terminate or mess with treaties and agreements.

India and Pakistan are eternal enemies, but one thing both countries won't do is mess with their water treaties (Indus Waters Treaty) which is one of the longest water treaties in the world.

3. What we are selling to Niger is less than 1% of our total generation and they are paying for it, it's not free of charge.

The fact that we don't have enough electricity is our problem and failure, not theirs.

Your problem is still ignorance and idiocy.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 3:44pm On Jul 12, 2017
ElSherriff:
Fundamentally, we are not on the same page yet. You have chosen to continue supporting sale of generated electricity for 'guarantee' that the natural flow of the Niger wont be tampered with. I insist, it is unwise of any Government Minister, Fashola inclusive to continue the practice since we barely have enough to consume as you are aware of. I have done a quick check to point to you that indeed it is possible to artificially create dams which is practicable in Nigeria. Guess what, it was the first website I viewed when I checked for sustainable artificial dams globally. Your guess is as good as mine, should I decide to put in a week.
I need not glorify you with a plan for the Nigeria power situation and because you are as gullible as you are, you believe it is a two year plan. Since 1968 we have been on this agreement. That's long enough for a holistic plan to have been developed and implemented. The Swiss and Chinese are not super humans, they only plan long term and execute. They do not justify mediocrity.
Since you are not 5, the minister is not 5, take your adulthood pettiness + 2500MW perennial generation of power and go to bed with it.
Like I said to someone else, Kainji Dam cost less than 300m USD in the 60s to build. to date, more than a billion has been returned from switzerland as Abacha loot. Minister Fashola has failed and yet we massage their bluntness as though we are cursed geographically? Take the countries East of Nigeria without the Niger River that have better supply into consideration, then you'd see where your problems lie.
Again, I am working my way out of Nigeria. You should too, lest you kids will continue this argument with their cousins many many years from today and will still find a right justification for it.

What was I expecting from a Lawyer as Power Minister? Whatever Bullcrap he is given, he adds a little and peddles to y'all.

Solomon Wisely.

The fact that we don't have enough electricity is our problem and failure, not theirs.

It's like saying you no longer have to pay your bills or your car note because you are broke or there is recession when in fact you've signed agreements to pay your bills regardless your economic situation. The consequence is you losing the roof over your head and the car financier taking the car away from you same way Niger can exercise her rights to divert or dam that river and leave you with not even 1 MW.

Your problem is penny wise, pound foolish.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 3:50pm On Jul 12, 2017
ElSherriff:

Solomon Wisely.

If Fashola has failed as minister of power barely 18 months in office then what should we say about all the failures that have been there since sixteen years ago including your glorified failure Berth Nnaji?
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 3:54pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

Now to deal with your ignorance and what you stated initially in this thread that Nigeria and the honourable minister wasn't even taking about alternative source of power generation when other African countries with less electricity demand have gone nuclear. But he was still hitting on kanji dam which is as useless as our independence.

1. Talking about alternative source of energy, Nigeria already, singed agreement with Russia to build 4 Nuclear power plants so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

2. Talking about alternative source of energy, we have large scale solar power plants/1125MW coming up and so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity with funding and purchase agreement on the table.

3. Talking about alternative source of energy, Nigeria is throwing coal power plants in the mix and fast tracking a coal power plant in Enugu so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

4. Talking about alternative source of energy, we have a wind farm going up in Katsina as we speak so that was ignorance on your part and also depicts the fact that you know nothing about Nigeria and what Nigeria is doing regarding electricity.

See, your silly and pointless argument from the beginning was based on ignorance and lack of any form of understanding regarding electricity plans in your own country hence your idiotic and thoughtless need to substitute Nigeria with other countries.

So, what other alternative form of energy Nigeria is not currently addressing?

Again, if you are going to argue and insult people, make sure your have knowledge and facts on your side, but as poorly displayed by you, you are just another dullard and empty head spewing rubbish on the internet.

You really need to get lost and confine your ignorance to your empty and shallow brain kind.

See how I made you toil and strive like an epileptic fool looking for his destiny inside the post I made! And you ended up looking stupider than you were this morning!

Did that fashola said anything about alternative power while explaining why nigeria sells electcity to Niger and Benin?

You went about digging out uncorrelated dirt form Google when you can't even stand for 5 minutes on the thin road of logic.

Are you really talking about solar power as a reliable, sufficient, wide-scale means of power for a country like nigeria? You must be the dumbest human with a phone!

Why do you keep talking about Russia-nigeria nuclear when I was the one who educated you on it? And when I said it is stalled I mean it is stalled! The usual Nigerian government pussyfooting and corruption.

Original agreement was to even begin construction in 2011, to start production in 2017 ,then it took another agreement in 2015 and as this very moment of writing this, everything isn't yet arranged in a single document with production hoping to start in 2025 to 2035.

As we speak the agreement has not been reached and construction is still a pipe dream. I think other African countries like south Africa and the MENA countries are way more ahead with constitution almost finished and/or concretised! That's why fashola didn't say anything about alternative energy while addressing newsmen on the Niger/Benin power selling fiasco.

You also talked about coal in Enugu. Nigeria had relied on coal before oil was discovered yet it wasn't used for electricity to a large scale at least. If the amount of coal located in one single city -enugu - is feasible, Nigeria wouldn't be looking to sign an 80 billion dollar nuclear reactor to generate 4, 800MW.

Have I convinced you, you're the dumbest, most stiff-necked, saphead to ever grace the green planet?

This debate is out of your educational qualification so stop straining your cranium case over what you're not built for.

Anybody paying you to do is could as well hire a circus clown to get genuine amusement, not this die-hard attempt at intelligence.

Motley Fool!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 3:56pm On Jul 12, 2017
realjoker:
If Fashola has failed as minister of power barely 18 months in office then what should we say about all the failures that have been there since sixteen years ago including your glorified failure Berth Nnaji?

And they looted $20 billion power fund and gave us darkness in return.

Do we have $20 billion to spend on anything today? No
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by enomakos(m): 3:58pm On Jul 12, 2017
Statsocial:

If we were a serious nation we would take the revenue we generate from selling to them and use it to develop other sustainable forms of electricity generation.
that money go into private pocket
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by deomelo: 4:00pm On Jul 12, 2017
[s]
TheMortician:
See how I made you toil and strive like an epileptic fool looking his destiny inside the post I made!

Did that fashola said anything about alternative power while explaining why nigeria sells electcity to Niger and Benin?

You went about digging out uncorrelated dirt form Google when you can't even stand for 5 minutes on the thin road of logic.

Are you really talking about solar power as a reliable, sufficient, wide-scale means of power for a country like nigeria? You must be the dumbest human with a phone!

Why do you keep talking about Russia-nigeria nuclear when I was the one who educated you on it? And when I said it is stalled I mean it is stalled! The usual Nigerian government pussyfooting and corruption.

Original agreement was to even begin construction in 2011, to start production in 2017 ,then it was took another agreement in 2015 and as thus very moment of writing this everything isn't yet arranged in a single document with production hoping to start in 2025 to 2035.

As we speak the agreement has not been reached and construction is still a pipe dream. I think other African countries like south Africa and the MENA countries are way more ahead with constitution almost finished and/or concretised! That's why fashola didn't say anything about alternative energy while addressing newsmen on the Niger/Benin power selling fiasco.

You also talked about coal in Enugu. Nigeria had relied on coal before oil was discovered yet it wasn't used for electricity to a large scale at least. If the amount of coal located in one single city -enugu - is feasible, Nigeria wouldn't be looking to sign an 80 billion dollar nuclear reactor to generate 4, 800MW.

Have I convinced you, you're the dumbest, most stiff-necked, saphead to ever grace the green planet.

This debate is out of your educational qualification so stop straining your cranium case over what you're not built for.

Anybody paying you to do is could as well hire a circus clown to get genuine amusement, not this de-hard attempt at intelligence.

Motley Fool!!!
[/s]

Stop boring me with the same ignorant and warped rubbish.

I've schooled your dumb asse enough.

You are just another empty head, stick to your ignorant and irrelevant rubbish about SA and Egypt.

Born dullard with zero knowledge about his own county... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 4:09pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:
[s][/s]

Stop boring me with the same ignorant and warped rubbish.

I've schooled your dumb asse enough.

You are just another empty head, stick to your ignorant and irrelevant rubbish about SA and Egypt.

Born dullard with zero knowledge about his own county... grin grin
grin grin grin I like it when you strike out my posts. It's the perfect sign you were hit hard and your first impulse as the primal, un-evolved beast you are is to seethe and lash out with an imbecilic drool on your face!

You lack intellectual stability in same capacity you lack psychological balance.

You're a product of 5 minutes Google knowledge. And copy and paste are your trademark!

The filter in your brain is as porus as my grandmother's fishing basket and when ever you go into the sea of Google fishing for facts, you're incapable of sieving out dirt from facts.

When you eventually die, you should be reincarnation as a cyber malware. That's the only way to fulfill your beinghood!

I like to smack dummy-dumb-dumb like you hard grin

Whenever you see my moniker, you won't be in a hurry to quote it because it is registered in 2017 grin

I'm just on a low blowing muttonheads like you into tiny bits of insignificance.

Exalted illiterate!!!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by Blue3k(m): 4:10pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

I think it's poor man's reasoning a penny wise a pound foolish. We have a pretty nice deal going for us that we only got because of our importance in West Africa. What's point exerting all that energy and years of negotiations to keep a few MW of power when we can can tap into our own gas, coal, renewables and even nuclear. Next all these countries will in future have integrated power grid according to ECOWAS policy. We will be selling and buying power from them.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2017
ElSherriff:

Solomon Wisely.

We have been selling power to this countries before you and your father were born so why blame Fashola? Your hero came in met it like this and left it like this.
Your clueless hero and beloved pdp spent $16 billion on power within sixsteen years and end up giving us darkness. Your glorified failure Nnaji came in and hand us this catastrophic failure called DisCos and Gencos in the guise of privatization.

Let me educate you a little bit.
We are currently generating an average of 3500-3800MW with an install capacity of 11,100MW and peak demand forecasted to be 19,000MW and off peak demands forecasted to be 14,000MW. Here is a TCN official link [url]http://nsong.org/DownloadHandler.ashx?FileName=DailyOperationalRpt%2012-07-2017.pdf[/url]

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 4:17pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

And they looted $20 billion power fund and gave us darkness in return.

Do we have $20 billion to spend on anything today? No
I can boldly tell you that the guy is a troll.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by realjoker(m): 4:19pm On Jul 12, 2017
enomakos:
that money go into private pocket
Yes, this is not government money this is Gencos money.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by nwamehn: 4:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Blue3k:

Not necessarily if we change deal they could decide to negotiate from a position of strength. Since they are higher up the river they will build their damn to increase their electricity production or get more cash out of us.

The could build huge damn hypothetically that reduces current going to our dams. They could say will sell you excess electricity. We could keep all the power and end up having to pay out lots of money that might not even be worth it long term.

I don't see point walking over a dollar to pick up a penny. We have options domesticly by just inviting investors to build up our capacity in Coal, Gas, renewables and even nuclear. These don't require any potentially harmful negotions.

OK, maybe that's why I needed u to explain further as u have just done. Because I know that if Nigeria allows Niger build their own dam, it won't stop kainji from functioning even though they ar higher up, it might reduce the current as u said which they can still find a way to handle technologically.
There ar so many dams built along river Nile from Egypt which is higher up down to even Sudan like the Dilta dam, Zifta dam, Aswan dam, Jebel Aulia Dam, etc. There ar ones built along White Nile, a tributary of Nile in as far as Uganda eg the Owen Falls Dam. They have kept on building more but these dams haven't stopped functioning because of the other.
Even right here in Nigeria, Jebba dam was built after Kainji dam, along same river Niger in same Niger state but Jebba hasn't stopped functioning till now.
In Asia, they find ways to build more than one dam along the same river so as to even generate more electricity.
It's a matter of Nigeria waking up to explore new technologies because we can't continue paying these people forever. Since 2008, about three extra dams have been recommended by the Niger River Basin Authority, with one in Mali, and one in Niger. Shall we keep on paying money to suppress all these, for how long?
Do u know that Niger is currently on the project of Kandadji dam which is being funded by the World Bank, Saudi Arabia and OPEC and they intend to complete this project within two to three years from now? What would we do by then? What would our government then tell us? That we still pay Niger and Benin whereas they have built their own dams?
Come to think of it, if we can't violate the agreement and that we need to still be paying Niger not to build their own dams as Fashola said, why would Niger be building that Kandadji dam?
We just seem to be comfortable with the status quo without applying the brains of the numerous well-grounded civil engineers that abound in the country to find another way around it. Science and engineering keep on evolving, what obtained in 1960 might not be what would obtain in 2017. Even at that, the technical know-how applied by the builders of Jebba dam in the 80's that made it still sustained up till now in spite of Kainji being higher up would still be enough.
So, our government had better woken up Sir.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ElSherriff: 4:26pm On Jul 12, 2017
Again you show your small mindedness.
I only wish I could show you who I really am, you'd be amazed at how much time I have exerted on this.
I am a card carrying member of the APC, I have contested and won an election under the party and currently on an appointment with the Party.
It is an alter ego account kid.
Since you have reduced your narratives to aspersions, let me leave you now son. I have important issues to address.
And yes, Fashola has failed and so have the Ministers of power who have come before him including Barth Nnaji, Agagu and their predecessors.
Take a chill pill now. And the next time the light goes off, remember someone in Benin Republic has better supply.

realjoker:
We have been selling power to this countries before you and your father were born so why blame Fashola? Your hero came in met it like this and left it like this.
Your clueless hero and beloved pdp spent $16 billion on power within sixsteen years and end up giving us darkness. Your glorified failure Nnaji came in and hand us this catastrophic failure called DisCos and Gencos in the guise of privatization.

We are currently generating an average of 3500-3800MW with an install capacity of 11,100MW and peak demand forecasted to be 19,000MW and off peak demands forecasted to be 14,000MW. Here is a TCN official link [url]http://nsong.org/DownloadHandler.ashx?FileName=DailyOperationalRpt%2012-07-2017.pdf[/url]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by TheMortician: 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2017
deomelo:

Always available to educate ignorant people on NL, I call it NL community service.

1. Regardless what MW we are selling or not selling, an agreement is an agreement and we must keep our word.

2. Reneging or terminating signed agreements and treaties is never a god thing because other Nations won't sign any pact or treaties with you because you are not trustworthy, this is why countries don't terminate or mess with treaties and agreements.

India and Pakistan are eternal enemies, but one thing both countries won't do is mess with their water treaties (Indus Waters Treaty) which is one of the longest water treaties in the world.

3. What we are selling to Niger is less than 1% of our total generation and they are paying for it, it's not free of charge.

Your problem is still ignorance and idiocy.
I have never advocated for the cancellation of whatever treaty that was made. Can you point me to where I said the treaty should be abandoned? Please do!

I only opined other measures like border control, ECOWAS negotiation and protocol should have been used. Why are you always lying and going off point when you have nothing else to say?

You must carry a frustrated childhood marred with parental abuse. If you want to use Nairaland to convince your father of your intelligence, I can help you by liking your uncommon buffoonery here so you can show him you aren't the idiot your teachers said you are!

Were you not the one who posted a link here to say Niger takes 45MW that threw Kano into darkness and yet you say it's less than one percent? You contradict yourself like a cash-strapped prostitute! What a Child of recurring amnesia.

You ran to Google each time and the next trip you forgot what your last post was!

Brain-damaged human waste.

And who told you treaties are not to be renegotiated or even abandoned?

How many times have Russia and US renegotiated on nuclear and missile defense system treaty?

How many times did the UK negotiated with the EU before eventually pulling out of the treaty?

Has America not be trying to renegotiate green emission rate?

Has American not renegotiated NATO treaty?

Did France not negotiate and even outrightly discarded the nuclear ban treaty in 1975 before being admitted into the nuclear club?

Did India and Pakistan you mentioned not discard UN treaties they both signed in order to become nuclear armed powers?

Make I go on?

You're a bastard who should be chained in a psychiatry for having the stupid brass to teach someone more educated than your entire lineage.

Imbecilé, Nigeria has 76% of the entire economy of West Africa, that , my idiot, is power to act like the hegemony nigeria is. Slave!!!

Nairaland-addict!
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ElSherriff: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
I owe you a big bottle of wine whenever I get to meet you in this life. I am the first person to comment on this thread and I have spent all day telling the idiotts quoting me in defense of Fashola that he has failed just like the ministers before him.
If we keep thinking small (4000mw year in year out) then we will keep bowing to Niger and Benin Republic.
We can artificially create dams by channeling whatever is left when King Niger dams the Niger at their end. This could be done by opening canals to store water around the higher plains within Nigeria around argungu, Birni Kebbi and Zuru, which can then be pumped at high speed to maintain the current Dam flow at Kainji assuming we are perpetually stuck with Kainji.

It is not rocket science and who says we can not begin to seek alternative sources now? I will never accept that my child will go hungry while I sell even 1 percent of my food to a neighbour in the name of having guarantee that he won't slap me. Never!

nwamehn:

OK, maybe that's why I needed u to explain further as u have just done. Because I know that if Nigeria allows Niger build their own dam, it won't stop kainji from functioning even though they ar higher up, it might reduce the current as u said which they can still find a way to handle technologically.
There ar so many dams built along river Nile from Egypt which is higher up down to even Sudan like the Dilta dam, Zifta dam, Aswan dam, Jebel Aulia Dam, etc. There ar ones built along White Nile, a tributary of Nile in as far as Uganda eg the Owen Falls Dam. They have kept on building more but these dams haven't stopped functioning because of the other.
Even right here in Nigeria, Jebba dam was built after Kainji dam, along same river Niger in same Niger state but Jebba hasn't stopped functioning till now.
In Asia, they find ways to build more than one dam along the same river so as to even generate more electricity.
It's a matter of Nigeria waking up to explore new technologies because we can't continue paying these people forever. Since 2008, about three extra dams have been recommended by the Niger River Basin Authority, with one in Mali, and one in Niger. Shall we keep on paying money to suppress all these, for how long?
Do u know that Niger is currently on the project of Kandadji dam which is being funded by the World Bank, Saudi Arabia and OPEC and they intend to complete this project within two to three years from now? What would we do by then? What would our government then tell us? That we still pay Niger and Benin whereas they have built their own dams?
Come to think of it, if we can't violate the agreement and that we need to still be paying Niger not to build their own dams as Fashola said, why would Niger be building that Kandadji dam?
We just seem to be comfortable with the status quo without applying the brains of the numerous well-grounded civil engineers that abound in the country to find another way around it. Science and engineering keep on evolving, what obtained in 1960 might not be what would obtain in 2017. Even at that, the technical know-how applied by the builders of Jebba dam in the 80's that made it still sustained up till now in spite of Kainji being higher up would still be enough.
Re: Why Nigeria Sells Electricity To Niger, Benin Republic – Fashola by ElSherriff: 4:34pm On Jul 12, 2017
Above is what another Nigerian, your age probably thought of.

realjoker:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Edo Youths Protest Against SARS In Front Of Oba Of Benin's Palace (Video) / Two Aspirants For Senate President, Speaker Offered $1million Per Vote- APC Gov / Picture Of Aso Rock. Has Anyone Got Any?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.