Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,163 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16308 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Moreoffaith(m): 10:52am On Jul 17, 2017
lala wink
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by LordOfNaira: 10:53am On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

I don't take them seriously. They are nothing but hypocrites. Even among themselves, they still show their hypocrisy.

7 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by AwesomeDuru(m): 10:54am On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

Yeah, from Mitch Ihejirika. He's my friend there too.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2017
All religions believe in something,Christians in Jesus,Muslims in Allah and Atheists in themselves and there is no such belief as believing in nothing.

5 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Futureberry: 10:55am On Jul 17, 2017
dacovajnr:
Na Seun single handedly pushed this to Fp..You don't have to be told that he'll soon turn up to challenge anybody who speaks against his beloved "Religion" grin
olodo atheist are not religious being

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by LordOfNaira: 10:58am On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is not a Nigerian thing.
We have not developed intellectually to accept that there is no higher being.

It's either you are a Christian, a Muslim or a traditionalist.
Not an atheist.

So if you are an atheist in Nigeria, you are simply confused.

So Nigerians are not capable of critical thinking? You just keep on displaying your ignorance everyday.

19 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Leonbonapart(m): 10:58am On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin
and you didn't made a single sense in the whole write up....
disobeyed your heavenly father and your earthly parents. Oga your has passed human

Good luck
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by LordOfNaira: 11:00am On Jul 17, 2017
lostnegro:
All religions believe in something,Christians in Jesus,Muslims in Allah and Atheists in themselves and there is no such belief as believing in nothing.

So you don't believe in yourself? I wonder how you people reason things. You all need to start thinking deeply.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Champele(m): 11:00am On Jul 17, 2017
Religion and other stupid believes has kept Nigeria backward and underdevelop. Religious people don't ask question. Mad people

6 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:01am On Jul 17, 2017
FTrebirth:
i've discovered that atheists are scared of attacking muslims. grin

ever heard of the word DECAPITATION??
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Uyi168: 11:01am On Jul 17, 2017
ITbomb:
Problem is Nigerian Atheist always look pained

Other places, atheists are highly intelligent people that keep their religious views to themselves but very ready to help anyone that indicates interest in knowing more
..U theists are even worse off..keep ur belief to yourself indeed..

5 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by dacovajnr: 11:02am On Jul 17, 2017
Futureberry:
olodo atheist are not religious being
Mumu,You couldn't read the pun btw,and why I decided to use quotation marks(""wink for your mind you get sense undecided

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2017
Nice thread. It will be avoided like the plague tho. Atheism is the 3rd most populated "religion" anyways
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by pinkpant: 11:09am On Jul 17, 2017
JackBizzle:
Religion has destroyed the reasoning capacity of the average African.

If an accident happens, these religious people will say that "God spared" them. What of the others? God hates them?

lol... No, their case is different
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Wolfbrother(m): 11:09am On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not an atheist.

You are too idle ...

ITbomb:

Other places, atheists are highly intelligent people that keep their religious views to themselves but very ready to help anyone that indicates interest in knowing more

Nairaland must be the only website you browse on the internet ... foreign atheists are much louder and argue any chance they get

9 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by EvilMetahuman: 11:12am On Jul 17, 2017
ITbomb:

atleast you admit that religious people are very dumb because they always force their religion down our throat.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2017
Na only bleep en know grin grin grin

What is bleep? cheesy
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by LordOfNaira: 11:14am On Jul 17, 2017
ITbomb:

We know those who can't keep their religious beliefs to themselves. We know them. It's not Nigerian atheists that disturb others with their loudspeakers. We know it's Christians and Muslims.

3 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by nnokwa042(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin
pls pls u people should stop tagging Christians and Muslims together, we Christians don't know anything about thier so called Mohammed we re before them so we don't know anything about them and Christians heaven is not the same with muslim own, we don't ve 72 virgins in our heaven we don't drink camel urine
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Hotshawarma(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2017
I cannot argue about this one oooo because eventhough the op is an atheist he made very good points which I agree with though am a Christian but I won't see the truth and pretend not to see it....the hypocrisy going on with religion these days is sickening....a pastor will have ten bodyguards and the same pastor would be preaching to the congregation that jesus should be their protection meanwhile you are protecting yourself with bodyguards ....a pastor would tell congregation that all is vanity yet they buy private jets and build several mansions while some of their members are very poor.::hypocrisy at its peak

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by obasivic: 11:15am On Jul 17, 2017
Kobicove:
Religion is the main reason the African continent is so backward.

Has anyone else noticed that we're the most religious but the least developed? undecided
Abeg we are not as religious as India people

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ivolt: 11:16am On Jul 17, 2017
ITbomb:

If you are talking about the internet, such place does not exist,
gods are always confined to the fantasy world of the believers.

But if in real life, atheists mind their business unless
you go proselytising to them, in which case, you asked for it.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by SavageGarden(m): 11:17am On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not an atheist.

I never thought I'd reply you. You are just one public fool that derives some morbid pleasure from getting on anyone else's nerves. I'm Atheist and I'm not confused neither am I intellectually disabled. With the way you talk you fit your narrative.

5 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by oglalasioux(m): 11:18am On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not an atheist.

Can you educate us on why you think so because I think you are very wrong.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Mcowubaba: 11:18am On Jul 17, 2017
ITbomb:

You're right.
Some Nigerian Atheist have one awkward desire to ridicule Christians.
The are so opposed to Christianity.
Even Christians don't really agonize them as they do to them..

Seun call your people to order.
BTW, Shebi today Na your birthday self, u no wan show boys love, ordinary Moi Moi u no fit buy for boys, upon say you don turn Farmer angry

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by vanvino(m): 11:21am On Jul 17, 2017
eleojo23:
If a strong atheist finally acknowledges that there is God, his fellow atheists will say "he was never an atheist!" and they will start throwing tantrums all over nairaland undecided
what is the Criteria for Judging that he was Strong?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by FTrebirth(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

ever heard of the word DECAPITATION??
grin grin
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by vanvino(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2017
0955eb027:
Sad but True, in fact you nailed it.
The painful thing about this is how illogical religious beliefs can be; while scientific laws are open to questioning, that of religion is not, its to be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

BTW, i am a Muslim.
dont forget to add that it thrive true emotion, is why we have many female in church than male also the most decieved.

I'm a christian oo
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:30am On Jul 17, 2017
You ve spoken the truth.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by MisterKings(m): 11:31am On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:

For those of you that are quoting me,let me tell you something :

Am not an atheist and am not worshipping any gods, the GOD (universe) doesn't ask any human being to worship him but rather show love to each other and use our brain to help each other, our lives and destinies is in our own hands,use your brain to solve your problems and then entire world so that the world can be a better place to live... I don't follow the false doctrines that was written by illiterate homo erectus and remodified by Romans to suits their time,Romans are know for stealing culture and religion of those countries they colonised.

Dude may God bless you for being plain. Fvck religion I believe in God with or without them. I will do the right thing and still make it. I don't need to kiss the ass of any pastor to gain salvation.
God lives in everyone including shekau. Its just for us to listen to him and do what is right

4 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by bolinjkezzy(m): 11:33am On Jul 17, 2017
EazyMoh:
Wrong
All those points are applicable only to Christianity but not Islam.
In Islam there two types of blessings;
one that God can give to anyone irrespective of their believes, and blessings exclusively reserved for those who believe.
All world blessings in terms of wealth, good health, knowledge power and whatever can be gifted to even the worst unbelievers.
The oxygen everyone breathes alone would be denied to nonbelievers if not for the infinite mercy of the creator.
However the blessing reserved for true believers who did righteous deeds and which is the most important blessing, is the reward they get in after life.
Every temporary blessing will end, and it's even very short and small.You can't live more than 200yeaes and even if you are Bill Gates when you die that's the end of that enjoyment.
list 5 types of blessing exclusively reserve for believes and 5 for all irrespective of believes....let's start from there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Have You Ever Heard God Speak? / 8 Signs That A Church Doesnt Get Grace - Paul Ellis / 20 Richest Pastors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.