Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,266 members, 7,815,442 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16312 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 6:29pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statsocial:

Let me first address your last point because it's hilarious. There is no such thing as a christian slave. Maybe you wanted to talk about the Trans Atlantic slave trade I guess. In that case Christianity had nothing to do with it. There is a difference between doing something because of your Christianity and doing something despite your Christianity. Jesus is the message of Christianity hence anything negative done outside the influence and dictates of the gospels and epistles(not bible) cannot be traced back to the Christianity.
There is a form of cognitive bias called selective perception maybe you can read about it to free yourself of close-mindedness when talking about religion and general issues.

Now addressing your statement; what's wrong with an atheist interpreting it this way: "There is no such thing as atheist slave. Atheism has nothing to do with that. There is a difference between doing something because of Atheism and doing something despite Atheism. "Disbelief in gods" is the message of Atheism, hence anything negative done out of influence and dictates of the violent men cannot be traced back to Atheism.

Let me see you argue with that.
I'm not an atheist by the way, i'm just addressing logical issues here.

Secondly, imagine if Europe and NAmerica were Atheist or Islamic then imagine how crazy the world would have been. The Albanian constitution of old infact prohibited Christianity and encouraged only Atheism. What about Stalin and Mao(all atheist) who killed numerous Christians for their beliefs. What about Kim jong family has cracked down on christians for years. All these are testament to the fact that Atheist are the most intolerant set of individuals out there.

If Europe or North America were Gnostics or Buddhists, what would be the negative consequences?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 6:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Investnow2017:

I disagree with you on your definition of faith. Faith is the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. You believe in air and breeze, you know when your ceiling fan is turned on and when it is turned off even as you do not see the breeze.

So faith is not gullible it is reasonable and backed with facts and evidence.
Sometimes i wonder the school you theist do attend while growing up well this goes to show that people do not take Education seriously because if you did you would know that Breeze(AIR) is made up of particles that can be observed individually........... Gosh this is so irritating

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mceze(m): 6:33pm On Jul 17, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE WHO IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE ILL TEACHINGS AND CRUELTY RECORDED IN YOUR HOLY BOOKS, AND FALSEHOOD YOUR DOCTRINES ARE BASED ON, IS AN ATHEIST.
IT'S REALLY SIMPLE TO IDENTIFY THE FAKES IN MOST RELIGIONS, BUT MOST PEOPLE IGNORE IT, OR FAIL TO REALIZE IT DUE TO THE DEPTH OF THEIR INDOCTRINATION.

ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE, PM ME IF YOU LIKE. I'M AVAILABLE IF YOU'LL BE REASONABLE A BIT.

Ok..Thanks!
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 6:39pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:
its not like I wanted to tell them, they pushed me... now, I'm like the only diamond in a box full of gold. they just give me terrible stares. today is like my worst day here
Ya, that "push" affects me too.

I hope your job does not get affected and you get a better one soon.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mceze(m): 6:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

I WOULD LIKE YOU TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE WHO IS NOT IN SUPPORT OF THE ILL TEACHINGS AND CRUELTY RECORDED IN YOUR HOLY BOOKS, AND FALSEHOOD YOUR DOCTRINES ARE BASED ON, IS AN ATHEIST.
IT'S REALLY SIMPLE TO IDENTIFY THE FAKES IN MOST RELIGIONS, BUT MOST PEOPLE IGNORE IT, OR FAIL TO REALIZE IT DUE TO THE DEPTH OF THEIR INDOCTRINATION.

ASK ME ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE, PM ME IF YOU LIKE. I'M AVAILABLE IF YOU'LL BE REASONABLE A BIT.

Even I myself, am not in support of all the cruelty recorded in the bible..And I don't swallow everything in it, hook, line and sinker..But one thing I cannot dispute and I don't argue about is that there is a creator who created everything
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 6:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
Deicide:

Sometimes i wonder the school you theist do attend while growing up well this goes to show that people do not take Education seriously because if you did you would know that Breeze(AIR) is made up of particles that can be observed individually........... Gosh this is so irritating

What exactly is your point? That there is God or that there is no God who created all things both visible and invisible, the Source of life and to whom we are accountable whether or not we choose to believe in his existence?

If you are an atheist, i would like to know why you chose to be one. As for me, the evidences around me are overwhelming as proof that there is a Creator who alone is the Source of life.

Just as i have abundant reasons to believe in the undeniable existence of God, i want to think that you too, if you are an atheist, have a reason for believing that there is no God. So why are you an atheist, if you are one?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by kennyblack94: 6:54pm On Jul 17, 2017
Lordcenturion2:
You nailed it Bro, I always wondered how we africans reason, religions has empty our brains,they always think that if you don't go to church or mosque you can not make it in life or archive anything or die overnight, some will say you are a living dead soul. I remember when my dad will ordered them not to give me a dinner if he heard that I didn't attend Islamic evening school (ile-kewu), while my mother will started raining abusive words on me if I show no sign of going to church on that particular Sunday,now am an independent guy, am not living with them anymore, they should continue with their gods. grin

For those of you that are quoting me,let me tell you something :

Am not an atheist and am not worshipping any gods, the GOD (universe) doesn't ask any human being to worship him but rather show love to each other and use our brain to help each other, our lives and destinies is in our own hands,use your brain to solve your problems and then entire world so that the world can be a better place to live... I don't follow the false doctrines that was written by illiterate homo erectus and remodified by Romans to suits their time,Romans are know for stealing culture and religion of those countries they colonised.
The only good post and reply I have seen here.. .

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 7:21pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

Ya, that "push" affects me too.

I hope your job does not get affected and you get a better one soon.
im doing my IT... obviously it's going to affect me. only those who were there today will understand how I felt throughout today.. I'm even going home with headache
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 7:30pm On Jul 17, 2017
Investnow2017:

What exactly is your point? That there is God or that there is no God who created all things both visible and invisible, the Source of life and to whom we are accountable whether or not we choose to believe in his existence?
1. My point is that you theist are too dumb to have an argument with
2. This are just your beliefs and believing it doesn't make it true

If you are an atheist, i would like to know why you chose to be one. As for me, the evidences around me are overwhelming as proof that there is a Creator who alone is the Source of life.
Aer you talking about FSM?

Just as i have abundant reasons to believe in the undeniable existence of God, i want to think that you too, if you are an atheist, have a reason for believing that there is no God. So why are you an atheist, if you are one?
I don't believe that there is no God because that's not what Atheism is about
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
lepasharon:

You wrong for this

Why Cant Handle The Truth, All Religions Have One Thing In Common Subservience And Mental Slavery.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by CAPSLOCKED: 7:56pm On Jul 17, 2017
mceze:

Even I myself, am not in support of all the cruelty recorded in the bible..And I don't swallow everything in it, hook, line and sinker..But one thing I cannot dispute and I don't argue about is that there is a creator who created everything

THEN HE'S CLEARLY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAN OR SPIRIT THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE DIRECTED AND INSPIRED THE AUTHORS OF THE BIBLE.
DON'T YOU THINK SO?

ANYWAY THAT WAS HOW I STARTED... FROM BELIEVING THERE'S A CREATOR DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE FROM THE HOLY BOOKS TO BELIEVING IN NOTHING.
YOU'RE ONLY A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM TRUE SALVATION, MY FRIEND.
smiley
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 8:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:
im doing my IT... obviously it's going to affect me. only those who were there today will understand how I felt throughout today.. I'm even going home with headache
Really sorry.
But since it's IT(undergraduate internship i think), then they might let you be till the duration elapses.
But just do your job appropriately to close all loopholes, be yourself(though avoid sensitive issues next time except the other party has the intellectual capacity to handle it) and maybe something good no GREAT!!! will come out of this.
Just smile smiley
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 9:35pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

Really sorry.
But since it's IT(undergraduate internship i think), then they might let you be till the duration elapses.
But just do your job appropriately to close all loopholes, be yourself(though avoid sensitive issues next time except the other party has the intellectual capacity to handle it) and maybe something good no GREAT!!! will come out of this.
Just smile smiley
thanks.. I'd just avoid them and do my work. the woman threatened to revoke my acceptance letter
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 9:36pm On Jul 17, 2017
Deicide:

1. My point is that you theist are too dumb to have an argument with
2. This are just your beliefs and believing it doesn't make it true

Aer you talking about FSM?

I don't believe that there is no God because that's not what Atheism is about

Fine. You are not an atheist.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 9:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:
thanks.. I'd just avoid them and do my work. the woman threatened to revoke my acceptance letter
It's probably just threat out of anger, she would come to her senses tomorrow jare. No fear, Take care.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
4kings:

It's probably just threat out of anger, she would come to her senses tomorrow jare. No fear, Take care.
thanks
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mceze(m): 9:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
CAPSLOCKED:

THEN HE'S CLEARLY DIFFERENT FROM THE MAN OR SPIRIT THE CHRISTIANS BELIEVE DIRECTED AND INSPIRED THE AUTHORS OF THE BIBLE.
DON'T YOU THINK SO?

ANYWAY THAT WAS HOW I STARTED... FROM BELIEVING THERE'S A CREATOR DIFFERENT FROM THE ONE FROM THE HOLY BOOKS TO BELIEVING IN NOTHING.
YOU'RE ONLY A FEW STEPS AWAY FROM TRUE SALVATION, MY FRIEND.
smiley

I really want to know more about this free salvation you talked about.We can communicate privately.This is my email-angelezeus@yahoo.com
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by olaztek(m): 10:23pm On Jul 17, 2017
Deicide:

Can you please provide the scientific fact in is Islam proven by science to be correct? or do you mean the Earth being flat or paedophile Mohammad dividing the moon into two equal half? or riding a flying horse to Jerusalem?
Please, do take your time to read the following:
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-a.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-b.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-c.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-d.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-e.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-g.htm
https://www.islam-guide.com/ch1-1-h.htm
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 10:31pm On Jul 17, 2017
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 10:41pm On Jul 17, 2017
Krystalzkris:
thanks
Bennyann upon all the shakara way u day do i don find new bae tongue
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by olaztek(m): 10:53pm On Jul 17, 2017
Deicide:
WTF You sure say you go school so?
May Allah open your eyes and guide you to the right path.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 11:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

May Allah open your eyes and guide you to the right path.
In case you did return your certificate but i doubt you did
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 2:05am On Jul 18, 2017
Deicide:

Bennyann upon all the shakara way u day do i don find new bae tongue
puhleeze oo, u cannot be cheating on her with me ooo... better be wakaring away
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by darkhorizon: 4:20am On Jul 18, 2017
Krystalzkris:
this thread just came as a relief to my pain.. I had a quarrel with my boss at the place where I am doing my IT simply because her vice told her that I'm atheist.
the quarrel nor be here oo, she said I'm a devil and a bad person. I didn't even reply her. she then said she will invite me for a church programme and I bluntly told her that I wouldn't attend.

Now, I'm feeling very bad. they all acting like I'm going to poison their food.

Happy birthday Dear. Are you in Unilorin ?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 5:16am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!! Are you denying the over 200 million deaths caused by atheists in just 100 years ? Or are just completely ignorant?

According to atheists , there is no good or evil . I've seen many atheists praise the communist governments for the killing of religious people.

Since you claim there is no good or evil , why are you complaining ?

oh the lies. that 200 million figure is exaggerated
lies lies lies.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 5:51am On Jul 18, 2017
darkhorizon:

Happy birthday Dear. Are you in Unilorin ?
uniport
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2017
Krystalzkris:
thanks
Happy Birthday!!!
May Good-luck follow you.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by raphieMontella: 8:26am On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:
Atheism has devastating effects on the brain.
Proven!

https://www.nairaland.com/3493419/researches-reveal-atheism-devastating-effects
Eyah, it's actually the inverse.
Recent scientific research proves religious Fundamentalism such as yours leads to serious brain damage.
http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/study-finds-link-between-brain-damage-and-religious-fundamentalism?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1494145972

cc : hopefullandlord hahn dalaman 4kings

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by raphieMontella: 8:30am On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Excuse me sir ...
It's never up to the ones done by the religious,,,
You can try,, let's line them all up.4evergod tried and "ran"
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2017
raphieMontella:

Eyah, it's actually the inverse.
Recent scientific research proves religious Fundamentalism such as yours leads to serious brain damage.
http://bigthink.com/paul-ratner/study-finds-link-between-brain-damage-and-religious-fundamentalism?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1494145972

cc : hopefullandlord hahn dalaman 4kings

No need to argue.
Another thread even has studies on the founders of millitant atheism. Like Darwin, Freud etc

Its more than confirmed.
No wonder none among of the top universities and schools in the world were founded by atheists.
Shame!

https://www.nairaland.com/3499358/atheism-mental-illness-charles-darwin
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by raphieMontella: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2017
4kings:

Jeeez, this is why we should be very prudent about the people we share our beliefs with.

If it was the other way around, "they" would have shouted "persecution".
real truth...
If you see me quoting scriptures ehn,
Even if I tell you I'm irreligious... You'd doubt it...very few persons know of my irreligiousity...
The average Nigerian's thinking mentality does not create an environment to accommodate irreligious views.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by raphieMontella: 8:44am On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

No need to argue.
Another thread even has studies on the founders of millitant atheism. Like Darwin, Freud etc

Its more than confirmed.
No wonder none among of the top universities and schools in the world were founded by atheists.
Shame!

https://www.nairaland.com/3499358/atheism-mental-illness-charles-darwin
Charles Darwin.? Militant atheism?
Lol...
How do you expect me to take sciencewatch's thread seriously? Lol...
Also, I guess you didn't website of the thread

Your input on universities is totally irrelevant and has no business with the issue...not surprised tho...

I'm not sure you properly know what Militant atheism is sef...do you? .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.