Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:58 PM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16313 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by vanvino(m): 11:36am On Jul 17, 2017
Kobicove:
Religion is the main reason the African continent is so backward.

Has anyone else noticed that we're the most religious but the least developed? undecided
perhaps God hate development

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by medolab90(m): 11:48am On Jul 17, 2017
Hotshawarma:
I cannot argue about this one oooo because eventhough the op is an atheist he made very good points which I agree with though am a Christian but I won't see the truth and pretend not to see it....the hypocrisy going on with religion these days is sickening....a pastor will have ten bodyguards and the same pastor would be preaching to the congregation that jesus should be their protection meanwhile you are protecting yourself with bodyguards ....a pastor would tell congregation that all is vanity yet they buy private jets and build several mansions while some of their members are very poor.::hypocrisy at its peak
true talk
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by balarabe01(m): 11:55am On Jul 17, 2017
muslim,christian,judais,budhist,hindist...atheist traditiinalist...name it.
whatever you worship the essence is to be kind to your fellow humans,treat them good and not using religion as a tool for political and material domination.all religions should be abolished and every maga should practise his/her religion separately in private.its driving this country and many others bunkers. religion fall on top of extremists

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by EazyMoh(m): 11:56am On Jul 17, 2017
bolinjkezzy:

list 5 types of blessing exclusively reserve for believes and 5 for all irrespective of believes....let's start from there
OK
General blessings
1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Knowledge
4. offsprings
5. leadership/power
Blessings Only meant for believers
1. Being loved by God
2. Dying a Muslim
3. Being forgiven
4. Being a source of guidance to the right path for others
5. Admittance to paradise

3 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by hibee14eve(m): 11:59am On Jul 17, 2017
the greatest evil that was done to African was religion

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mars123(m): 12:01pm On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Atheism is not a Nigerian thing.
We have not developed intellectually to accept that there is no higher being.

It's either you are a Christian, a Muslim or a traditionalist.
Not an atheist.

So if you are an atheist in Nigeria, you are simply confused.

I never knew we had homo erectus on nl.

For your information, a whole lot of Nigerians have ''developed intellectually''.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Osasmd: 12:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
Thats true....they are always after christians...
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 17, 2017
EazyMoh:

OK
General blessings
1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Knowledge
4. offsprings
5. leadership/power
1. Being loved by God
2. Dying a Muslim
3. Being forgiven

So nothing tangible?

Osasmd:
Thats true....they are always after christians...

Because Christians don't like to mind their business.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Alexbrain(m): 12:14pm On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked
Atheism is not a Nigerian thing. We have not developed intellectually to accept that there is no higher being.

It's either you are a Christian, a Muslim or a traditionalist. Not an atheist.

LOL, make better big brain for on you abeg, cos you really need am.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Olumaeme: 12:15pm On Jul 17, 2017
I have always learnt to keep to. Myself, because most times whenever u talk, they will even tell you God can slap you or they look at you as a mad man...

One day was arguing with a guy and I told him, how has going to church or jumping up and down shouting Jesus has helped your life, he said, he's where God want him to be, am. Like huh... Dude, God want you to be poor and broke? Then I will rather not believe in that God then

You know, they always tell us when we were growing up and how he love us more than our earthly parents, and I tell them to tell God to remove evil from this earth if he truly cares or he's wicked and heartless.... A God that will make you have accident and loose your body parts, is that one a good God? There is no God jare eeeeeee

4 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 12:16pm On Jul 17, 2017
vanvino:
dont forget to add that it thrive true emotion, is why we have many female in church than male also the most decieved.

I'm a christian oo
Which is what brings up the question of sanity.
Emotion turns one into a zombie (not being able to make a decision of your own).
Emotion is responsible for the acts of terrorism perpetrated all over the world in the name of Islam.
At times, i wonder why people get so emotional about religion like its their property.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Alexbrain(m): 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2017
JackBizzle:
Religion has destroyed the reasoning capacity of the average African.

If an accident happens, these religious people will say that "God spared" them. What of the others? God hates them?

LOL, this one got me laughing bro. Abeg help me ask them?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by engrgerald(m): 12:22pm On Jul 17, 2017
READ AND WAKA PAST ASSOCIATION OF NIGERIA (RAWPAN) Representative was here. Honourable members please I identify with us.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jul 17, 2017
Believe me very few Christians in Nigeria think about Atheists.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not an atheist.

There is nothing intellectually fascinating or enhancing about being an Atheist. Most of the developed countries in d world are still religious.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 17, 2017
Kobicove:
Religion is the main reason the African continent is so backward.

Has anyone else noticed that we're the most religious but the least developed? undecided
So Nigeria is more religious than Saudi Oman Qatar
I say Christianity is the reason we are actually developing.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2017
LightandDarkness:

So nothing tangible
What he said is totally right. The below verses from the Holy book should help u out. Chapter 7 verses 182&183
"We shall punish those who deny Our revelations slowly in a way that they will not know."
"I will just give them respite. My plan is certainly invincible."
Adding to that, there are so many verses in the quran that butress the fact that Allah the Most-high doesn't discriminate in blessing His creatures(believers amd non-believers) with the WORLDLY THINGS, the golden rule to attain any worldly thing is to work for it and u shall have it BY ALLAH'S WISH, irrespective of who u are. Here are some notable verse that state the possibility of non-believers to be worldly rich:
Quran28VS76-82
"Verily Qarun was of Moses' people, but he began to oppress them. We had given him treasures, so many that a team of wrestlers could hardly lift their keys. His people said to him: "Do not be exultant. God does not like those who exult."
"So seek the abode of the Hereafter through what God has given you, and do not forget your part in this world. Do good to others as God has done good to you, and do not try to spread corruption in the land. Surely God does not like corrupters.""
"He said: "This has come to me through my own acumen." Did he not know that God had destroyed many generations before him who possessed far more acumen than he, and more wealth? The sinners will not be asked about their sins."
"Then he came before his people in all pomp; and those enamoured of this world, said: "Ah would that we had what Qarun has been given! He indeed possesses great good fortune."
"But those who knew better, said: "Alack-a-day! God's guerdon is better for those who believe and do the right. Only those who persevere will receive it."
"So We opened up the earth and sunk him and his mansion. There was not a body that could help him against (the will) of God, nor was he able to save himself."
"Those who were envious of his position only yesterday said on the morrow: "Indeed God increases the fortunes of those of His creatures as He will, and decreases. Had God not been gracious to us He could have (opened up) the earth and made it swallow us. Surely the infidels will not succeed."
That's about Qarun.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by olaztek(m): 12:46pm On Jul 17, 2017
0955eb027:
Sad but True, in fact you nailed it.
The painful thing about this is how illogical religious beliefs can be; while scientific laws are open to questioning, that of religion is not, its to be swallowed hook, line and sinker.

BTW, i am a Muslim.
There are certain beliefs in Islam that you just have to swallow because they are beyond human comprehension while there are many facts in the glorious Quran proven by scientists to be true. So don't have doubts in Islam
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:48pm On Jul 17, 2017
dalaman:
"Atheist dies - God has punished that evil man/woman,who can battle with the lord?

Christian or Muslim dies - God has a reason for everything.

Atheist goes broke or is poor- you can never have money if you don't believe in God (or pay tithes according to some churches ).

Christian or Muslim goes broke - I know God is only testing me, 2017, my year of financial breakthrough!

Athiest gets rich - he did blood money! Where else did he get the money from?
Christian or Muslim gets rich - God did it, small girl with big God!

Atheist does something good - He/she is only pretending, its was never from his heart. He/she did the good act only because he/she wants to be noticed.

Christian or Muslim does something good- That is what Christianity/Islam is all about. Christians /Muslims are good just by accepting the teachings of their God.

Atheist asks for sex on the first date - immoral, mannerless and vile pesin, na only Bleep im know!

Christian or Muslim ask for sex on the first date - it was the devil's handwork, he tempted me!

I'm traumatized.

The religious conditioning wouldn't allow those who ascribe to the religions take any responsibility for their actions. It is mostly ascribed to one nebulous entity who's done it!"

Copied from Facebook.

This is just empty and shallow . What does this have do with anything ?

What about atheists who call for the killing of people who believe in God ?

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

https://www.nairaland.com/3176513/atheist-murderers-past-present-murderous

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 12:49pm On Jul 17, 2017
One of the things that God will destroy before bringing this world to a cataclismic end is false RELIGION.

False Religion has caused more mayhem in human history than any other element known to man. The major conflicts on earth are rooted and traceable to religion. Humans have used it as an intimidating weapon to unleash a staggering level of savagery against their fellowman whom they merely suspect or perceive do not share the same beliefs with them. Ultimately religion has perpetuated the most horrendous lies ever told - telling lies in the name of God. No wonder many think that God does not even exist.
Most in Nigeria who take comfort in christianity do so not knowing what else to cherish in a society overwhelmed by palpable inequality and crippling poverty. With no government to rely on for anything, only miscreants who tag themselves as 'men of God' easily become the rock of Hope in a hopeless society.

Good that right thinking persons are beginning to question the veracity of the myriads of noise makers around who parade themselves as representing God.
A woman is in labour, instead of being driven to the hospice she is instead taken to a 'man of God'. When at the dying minute the family eventually succumb to rationale thinking and take her to see a doctor and she is unable to make it, it is easily concluded that she and the family members 'have no faith'. Whatever made them to make the first move!

For any other reason you survive a car crash in which some lost their lives, you immediately conclude that God loves you so much. So it was the sin of the others that killed them! Abi? Jesus Christ refuted all this stupid reasonings in his day. And he told the people pointedly 'unless you repent you will likewise perish'.

If you want to know God, free your mind of any biased leanings and with open mind READ THE BIBLE CAREFULLY, NO, STUDY THE BIBLE CAREFULLY, then you will see that the many fronts which many religions have presented do not represent the truth about the Source of life and the Creator of all things.

A lot of noise is made about 'making heaven' yet no one has ever been there! The other day a young man was telling me that from the amount of seed he had sown so far in his church that his pastor told him that his building project in heaven has gotten close to roofing level! When i investigated i found out that he was owing some rent! You see that his strong desire to own a roof over his head led to all that foolish belief in the fraudster-pastor.

For many who may find it hard to believe in God's existence, i still believe their stance is thus only because God has been portrayed by the confusion of religions across the globe in a very bad light, gleaned from their babel of beliefs and belief system. Otherwise anyone with a sane mind, merely taking a look around himself would be amazed at the spectacle of facts surrounding him as to be awed by the presence of the wonderful Creator!

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 12:50pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

https://www.nairaland.com/2988881/atheism-terrorism-annihilation-quest-atheistic

You never disappoint

3 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 12:51pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

There are certain beliefs in Islam that you just have to swallow because they are beyond human comprehension while there are many facts in the glorious Quran proven by scientists to be true. So don't have doubts in Islam

Lies
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:52pm On Jul 17, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Not an atheist.

But all the scientists , mathematics , logicians , philosophers who have made significant contributions to the progress of humanity all believed in God

Atheists are known for the malevolence and belligerence not intelligence .

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 0955eb027(m): 12:58pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

This is just what i am talking about.
I should just accept its beyond human comprehension and swallow like that.

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Nobody: 12:59pm On Jul 17, 2017
Pharaoh, the rich king was a non-believer and yet he gathered his wealth still. Look up Q43VS51
"And the Pharaoh said to his people: "O people, is not mine the kingdom of Egypt and these rivers that flow at my feet? Can you still not comprehend?"
Moses, the prophet sent to him and his people, had to beg Allah to subdue Pharaoh before he could be the victor as stated in the verse quoted below. Q10VS88
"And Moses said: "O Lord, have You bestowed on the Pharaoh and his nobles pomp and plenty in the life of this world that they might mislead people from Your path? Destroy their possessions, O Lord, and harden their hearts that they may not believe until they face the painful punishment."
"Said (the Lord): "Your prayer is answered. Therefore persist and do not follow the path of those who are ignorant."
And We brought the people of Israel across the sea, but the Pharaoh and his army pursued them wickedly and maliciously till he was on the point of drowning, and he said: "I believe that there is no god but He in whom the people of Israel believe, and I submit to Him."
""Yes, now" (was the answer), "though before this you were disobedient and rebellious."
"We shall preserve your body today that you may be a lesson for those who come after you; as many a man is heedless of Our signs."

MY POINT HERE IS THAT, Allah bless whoever He wishes with His worldly wealth, so far u follow the golden rule(work for it).
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 1:03pm On Jul 17, 2017
Statsocial:

So Nigeria is more religious than Saudi Oman Qatar
Please be a little bit reasonable.
Oil and good management is the reason for their development not religion.
I say Christianity is the reason we are actually developing.
No!, people are the reason while we are developing.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mokoshalb(m): 1:06pm On Jul 17, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lies
pls counter what he said, or at most counter the Quran...
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by 4kings: 1:07pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

This is selective perception bias.
An atheist can also say, what of the pastor that told his members to eat grass for example.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by mokoshalb(m): 1:08pm On Jul 17, 2017
0955eb027:

This is just what i am talking about.
I should just accept its beyond human comprehension and swallow like that.
lop..you agree with science ryt? Does protein grows spontaneously or not?

Explain!

PS u can use google. grin
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Dalamama: 1:20pm On Jul 17, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

But all the scientists , mathematics , logicians , philosophers who have made significant contributions to the progress of humanity all believed in God

Atheists are known for the malevolence and belligerence not intelligence .

Lies. So all the people killing and destroying Nigeria are atheist right? Well done.

2 Likes

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 1:24pm On Jul 17, 2017
olaztek:

Why will you "just swallow a belief"? If it is beyond human comprehension, then was that belief actually meant for humans? Does that make sense to you? This is one reason why some now lose faith in God thinking he doesnt even exist. WHY WILL YOU JUST SWALLOW A BELIEF. Sit back and think, does that make sense to you that God will make you believe something that is beyond human comprehension!
This is the aspect of religion that some cannot reconcile with.

Like some will say Trinity means God the father God the son and God the holy ghost and that these three are One and not three. When you ask how can 1+1+1 = 1 and not 3. They easily say it is a mystery! Foolish. If it is a mystery now that it has been revealed to you does it still remain a mystery? It is either the belief is unsubstatiable or it is against all rationale thinking spurious.

This is one great reason that everyone should make the effort to STUDY THE SCRIPTURES. Those are the utterances of the Source of Life and its teachings are True and verifiable.
Jesus said he would not go into teaching what he knows we will not comprehend. John chapter 3.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by bolinjkezzy(m): 1:25pm On Jul 17, 2017
EazyMoh:

OK
General blessings
1. Wealth
2. Health
3. Knowledge
4. offsprings
5. leadership/power
1. Being loved by God
2. Dying a Muslim
3. Being forgiven
I so much agree with your general blessings but your exclusively reserved blessing is a no no
1.God loves everybody, he created us right? then he has no reason to hate his creations
2.explain to me how dying a Muslim is a blessing? being a Muslim is a just you born to a Muslim family, by that you have a higher chance of dying a Muslim
3.I can't comment on that...cause I believe you can't sin god you only sin your fellow humans
4.Being a guidance to others is a just a natural thing to some and some its their work(guidance and counseling is a course in some university remember) how is that a blessing?
5.I don't believe in the after life
NOTE....am an ex Muslim but certainly not an atheist

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.