Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,525 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria (16314 Views)

Why Are Majority Of Atheist In Nigeria Of Yoruba Descent / Mark Zuckerberg Was NEVER An Atheist In The First Place . / Mark Zuckerberg Is Not An Atheist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 3:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

You have no evidence as such you can't provide any. Where is the evidence for the resurrection of the dead Jewish hippe? You have non apart from ancient folkore.
I never claimed that there is a part of any brain that invents God. A scientific study made that claim and I alluded to it. Provide evidence for your empty lies. Mr lie lie. You can't do without telling lies can you?

Tell me who will waste time to give you evidence?

See you after you were caught lying in the past. See how you tried to escape......
The same thing you "alluded to" is what you said should be "discarded" after u were busted.......
' Mscheww, yeye dey smell lipsrsealed

dalaman:

I was just playing your games and nothing more knowing very well that you do not believe in evolution. I don't have any God part in my brain, come and show we where it is. The scientific article was in response to yours. To show that you didn't believe it you said I should discard it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by dalaman: 4:04pm On Jul 18, 2017
felixomor:

Tell me who will waste time to give you evidence?

See you after you were caught lying in the past. See how you tried to escape......
The same thing you "alluded to" is what you said should be "discarded" after u were busted.......
' Mscheww, yeye dey smell lipsrsealed

You see. Now that you feel you have "evidence" you quickly brought it forward. When it comes to the Jesus mythology you cant bring any because there is none. You can't even read. I stated that I was just playing your games. The scientific paper talked about the part of the brain responsible for God. I never made that claim. You said I did show where I did or remain the Mr lie lie that you are.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2017
dalaman:

You see. Now that you feel you have "evidence" you quickly brought it forward. When it comes to the Jesus mythology you cant bring any because there is none. You can't even read. I stated that I was just playing your games. The scientific paper talked about the part of the brain responsible for God. I never made that claim. You said I did show where I did or remain the Mr lie lie that you are.

Well the evidence I brought says you are a liar who usually escapes when exposed......
A chameleon at that

Deal with that first.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 4:11pm On Jul 18, 2017
JackBizzle:

oh the lies. that 200 million figure is exaggerated
lies lies lies.

The King is not lying. Why are other countries becoming afraid of Atheists ?

In Egypt, Dar al-Ifta, a government wing that issues religious edicts, released a survey in December claiming Egypt was home to exactly 866 atheists — a number deemed "a dangerous development." Days later, a Cairo coffeehouse described as an atheists' cafe was closed, media reported.

Since 2011, at least 27 of the more than 40 Atheist defendants tried on charges of defamation have been convicted in court, according to the Egyptian Initiative for Personal Rights.

Source: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2015/02/01/egypt-atheists/22038645/

Evidence from several disciplines indicates that what you actually believe is not a decision you make for yourself. Your fundamental beliefs are decided by much deeper levels of consciousness, and some may well be more or less set in stone.

This line of thought has led to some scientists claiming that “atheism is psychologically impossible because of the way humans think,” says Graham Lawton, an avowed atheist himself, writing in the New Scientist. “They point to studies showing, for example, that even people who claim to be committed atheists tacitly hold religious beliefs, such as the existence of an immortal soul.”

If a loved one dies, even many anti-religious people usually feel a need for a farewell ritual, complete with readings from old books and intoned declarations that are not unlike prayers. In war situations, commanders frequently comment that atheist soldiers pray far more than they think they do.

Similarly, Charles Darwin, in a meeting with a campaigner for atheism in September 1881, distanced himself from the views of his Atheists guests, finding them too “aggressive”. In the latter years of his life, he offered his premises for the use of the local church minister and changed his family schedule to enable his children to attend services.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!! Are you denying the over 200 million deaths caused by atheists in just 100 years ? Or are just completely ignorant?

According to atheists , there is no good or evil . I've seen many atheists praise the communist governments for the killing of religious people.

Since you claim there is no good or evil , why are you complaining ?
The King is correct !! There should be no argument about this.

Why are many countries afraid of Atheists ?

Atheists living in 13 countries risk being condemned to death, just for their beliefs (or non-belief) according to a new, comprehensive report from the International Humanist and Ethical Union out on Tuesday. All 13 countries identified by the study are Muslim majority.

The countries that impose these penalties are Afghanistan, Iran, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritania, Nigeria, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Somalia, Sudan, United Arab Emirates and Yemen. With the exception of Pakistan, those countries all allow for capital punishment against apostasy, i.e., the renunciation of a particular religion. Pakistan, meanwhile, imposes the death penalty for blasphemy, which can obviously include disbelief in God.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Lmao !!! Are you denying the over 200 million deaths caused by atheists in just 100 years ? Or are just completely ignorant?

According to atheists , there is no good or evil . I've seen many atheists praise the communist governments for the killing of religious people.

About the same study : It also found much more widespread fear of atheists around the world.

"The results show that the overwhelming majority of countries refuse to respect the rights of atheists and freethinkers," the study explains, noting that laws in some countries prevent atheists from marrying, attending public school, participating as a citizen, holding public office, or just existing at all. The authors, citing a Gallup study, estimate that about 13 percent of the world's population is atheist, while 23 percent identify as simply "not religious."

Here we see the reason why Atheists fearfully invent new titles for Atheism, such as Agnostic, Humanist and many more.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 4:47pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The facts that the King is kindly sharing here motivated me to add info that will certainly STOP young unwary readers from being BAGGED by Atheists.

Psychiatrists have revealed in a documentary that since the beginning of the fake Psychiatric science, they have never healed one single patient. All their cruel methods failed, now they simply drug every patient.

This is shocking !! They have never healed one single Psychiatric patient.

They have never healed one single Psychiatric patient.

It is telling, when one considers that every Psychiatrist is an Atheist.

By exposing the dangers of Atheism we can help heal our nations.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 5:29pm On Jul 18, 2017
raphieMontella:

Charles Darwin.? Militant atheism?
Lol...
How do you expect me to take sciencewatch's thread seriously? Lol...
Also, I guess you didn't website of the thread

Your input on universities is totally irrelevant and has no business with the issue...not surprised tho...

I'm not sure you properly know what Militant atheism is sef...do you? .
I see you have mentioned me Sir, would it be in order for me to humbly include something that Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD said ?

He stated that, "Atheists who are very strident about their atheism are heavily prone to mental illness."

After a 22 yr long Medical Science study, the findings have been released to enlighten Atheists.
“There were 17,809 people in the study. It was a very large model as far as psychological experiments go.” Doctors said, "This came as quite a shock to us as we studied patient after patient."

"Atheism that is professed as a way of life by some individuals — a manifesto of sorts — was found to be a common component inherent to many people suffering from other forms of severe mental illness,” said Dr. Hans Zimmermann MD PhD
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by ScienceWatch: 7:34pm On Jul 18, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It becomes a bit easier to visualize what the King is saying when we quickly have a peep into the blatant greed of Modern Atheism's failed prophet Richard Dawkins.

Atheism's Richard Dawkins charges his followers up to $500,000 for the privilege of eating a meal with him ONCE PER YEAR.

The Richard Dawkins website offers followers the chance to join the ‘Reason Circle’, which, like Dante’s Hell, is arranged in concentric circles For $85 a month, Which equals 27,000Naira.

ON the next level up, You get discounts on his merchandise, and the chance to meet ‘Richard Dawkins Foundation for Reason and Science personalities’. Obviously that’s not enough to meet the Richard Dawkins himself. For that you pay $210 a month - that is 65,000Niara
— or $5,000 a year — that is 1.6million Niara for the chance to attend an event where he will speak.

When you compare this to the going rate for other charismatic preachers, it is extremely on the high side. The Pentecostal evangelist Morris Cerullo, for example, charges only $30 a month - that is 9,000Niara to become a member of ‘God’s Victorious Army’, which is bringing ‘healing and deliverance to the world’. And from Cerullo you get free DVDs, not just discounts.

In shocking contrast, SCOAN membership is free. A meal with TB Joshua is free. Entrance into the inner circle of miraculous healing is free.

But the 27,000Naira a month just touches the hem of rationality. After the neophyte passes through the successively more expensive ‘Darwin Circle’ and then the ‘Evolution Circle’, he attains the innermost circle,
where for 31.4million Niara a year or more he gets to have a private breakfast or lunch with Richard Dawkins, and a reserved table at an invitation-only circle event with ‘Richard’ as well as ‘all the benefits listed above’, so he still gets a discount on his Richard Dawkins T-shirt saying ‘Religion — together we can find a cure.’

The website suggests that donations of up to 157million Niara a year will be accepted for the privilege of eating with him once a year: at this level of contribution you become a member of something called ‘The Magic of Reality Circle’.

With this kind of thinking, murder is easy !!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 10:51am On Jul 19, 2017
felixomor:

Keep quiet.
You dont even know the definition of evidence.

Besides you are not even aware that there are even skeptic historians who now have sufficient evidence of the resurrection.

Anyway, you are the one who once begged to be shown "Jesus" in the koran.
I am not surprised.
Its that bad undecided

Lol sceptic historians that have sufficient evidence for the resurrection of Jesus? Lies...where is your evidence for that?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 11:25am On Jul 19, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lol sceptic historians that have sufficient evidence for the resurrection of Jesus? Lies...where is your evidence for that?

Wait, I will bring it for u cool

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 11:37am On Jul 19, 2017
Krystalzkris:
thanks.. I'd just avoid them and do my work. the woman threatened to revoke my acceptance letter
U need to learn How to use religion to your Advantage, me am an Atheist but when it comes to business i automatically become a Muslim or a Christian it helps a lot.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by JackBizzle: 1:09pm On Jul 19, 2017
felixomor:

Wait, I will bring it for u cool

Lol.....you got no proof
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by felixomor: 1:32pm On Jul 19, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lol.....you got no proof

Hmmmm...... Suit Yourself! cool
Gone are those days ....

1 Like

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Krystalzkris(f): 2:40pm On Jul 19, 2017
Deicide:

U need to learn How to use religion to your Advantage, me am an Atheist but when it comes to business i automatically become a Muslim or a Christian it helps a lot.
oh really
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by user6164: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2017
Investnow2017:

I disagree with you on your definition of faith. Faith is the evident demonstration of realities that are not seen. You believe in air and breeze, you know when your ceiling fan is turned on and when it is turned off even as you do not see the breeze.

So faith is not gullible it is reasonable and backed with facts and evidence.
Get any standard dictionary and check the definition of 'faith'. Faith has nothing to do with evidence or facts. It's kind of the opposite. It's when ppl lack facts and evidence to support their claims that they run to faith.
Just because I can't see air doesn't mean the presence of air cant be tested or demonstrated with reliable results over and over again. There are some gases that are colourless and odourless but they can be manufactured industrially and stored in cylinders and they have certain properties that would make scientists identify them.
Tell us how the ex-atheist found out there's a deity?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Investnow2017: 4:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
user6164:

Get any standard dictionary and check the definition of 'faith'. Faith has nothing to do with evidence or facts. It's kind of the opposite. It's when ppl lack facts and evidence to support their claims that they run to faith.
Just because I can't see air doesn't mean the presence of air cant be tested or demonstrated with reliable results over and over again. There are some gases that are colourless and odourless but they can be manufactured industrially and stored in cylinders and they have certain properties that would make scientists identify them.
Tell us how the ex-atheist found out there's a deity?

If you want to know the meaning of faith, you would be mistaken to have to resort to the dictionary. The Bible, which is God's inspired word, defines faith at Hebrews chapter 11:1. You will not get the meaning of faith as used in God's word from the dictionary.

It sounds simplistic, right?
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Challspace(m): 4:16pm On Jul 19, 2017
Investnow2017:

If you want to know the meaning of faith, you would be mistaken to have to resort to the dictionary. The Bible, which is God's inspired word, defines faith at Hebrews chapter 11:1. You will not get the meaning of faith as used in God's word from the dictionary.

It sounds simplistic, right?

Oh so bible is now a language dictionary? There is nothing we won't hear from you lot.
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Deicide: 12:12am On Jul 20, 2017
Krystalzkris:
oh really
grin Yeah
Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Niflheim(m): 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2017
@dalaman,

Christianity breeds irresponsiblility!!! Always blaming others equals never seeking solutions...................................and never seeking solutions leads to eating grass like goats!!!

Re: How The Religious Views Atheist In Nigeria by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2021
eleojo23:
If a strong atheist finally acknowledges that there is God, his fellow atheists will say "he was never an atheist!" and they will start throwing tantrums all over nairaland undecided

Very yrue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Help! I Am Praying In A Language I Don't Understand. / PHOTO: Image Of An Angel Appears In The Clouds In South Africa. / Are You Possessed By The Spirit Of The Dog?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.