Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,818 members, 7,817,381 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

I'm So Paranoid About Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm So Paranoid About Marriage (9277 Views)

Poll: Are you scared of getting married?

Yes: 21% (41 votes)
No: 32% (61 votes)
Sometimes: 42% (81 votes)
I'm never getting married: 3% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

I'm So Heart Broken Right Now / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2010
^^^ lol cheesy

STD kin, STD ni , . . pssssh! He prolly has one himself! cheesy
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by lyfe(m): 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2010
@ poster
I can really feel you, but that does not mean you should not get married. It is not just easy to find someone like yourself that shares the same views with you and sees these things as abomination.
I read this in yesterday's punch.
A couple with two kids both got married being a virgin and the husband was transferred to Abuja for work for a period of time. One day the man asked his wife if she had ever cheated on him. The woman was silent for minutes and eventually confessed that she cheated on him for about five months, and the guy screwing his wife was young and unmarried and when asked why she said he was saying sweet words, To cut the fat story thin, the guy forgave her and the prayed about it as a christian but the guy's problem is that he cannot just stop to think that one goat mercilessly screwed his wife, and discharged stuffs and touched her honey, Which seriously affects him at work,
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by frank317: 8:52pm On Feb 07, 2010
I like this thread, y? If u are not inteligent enuf u dont come hia. So d likes of mama-gee & amaka should respect themselves and not say a word. @ poster, i can c that u are very intelligent guy. U say the truth, evn though the truth hurts. Women dont know they give men they power 2 cheat wen they reject a man wen he is poor & accept him wen he is rich, wen they allow a man 2 take care of all their responsibilities, when they go in2 a r/ship because of what they can gain and not what they can give, wen they make themselves a burden. I no evry1 like riches but no 1 likes burden. Statisticaly they no rich men cheat more than poor men, yet they only desire rich men. Like u, i am scared of gettin married 2 a confused specie. They just dont know what they want. I cant stand 4 my mother and sisters because d feelin i hav 4 them is diffrent from what i hav 4 my babes and wife. Their boyfrends and husband wil tell better. But marriage is almost inevitable, i just hope i wont get ova paranoid wen i indulge in it.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by GL(f): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2010
frank3.16:

Like u, i am scared of gettin married 2 a confused specie.

But marriage is almost inevitable, i just hope i wont get ova paranoid wen i indulge in it.

you're also paranoid about marriage, yet you see it as an indulgence eh? marriage is not at all inevitable, it's a choice you have the right to make.

Ujujoan:

@ least I'm not paranoid!

Did you check the meaning of that word before you used it?

i wonder oh! paranoia = delusions and baseless suspicions.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Busybody2(f): 10:41pm On Feb 07, 2010
Once you get properly acquianted with pro01, you'd realise he has no problem whatsoever with English comprehension.

He is right to correctly diagnose and suss out himself that he is deluded on his only women cheat stance. As far as he is concerned, women are second-rate and second class citizens.

His delusion also doesn't stop there, he is also an ardent supporter of the school of thought that once a woman has been "bought" and married, she should be thankful she has a ring, is in a matrimonial home, she is someone's wife and should give thanks daily for this priviledge.

And perchance her hubby beats her or beats her or maltreats her, she is his property and should endure it and intensify her prayers for him, and learn how to worship him more and perfect how to use her hair and tears to wash his feet and the grounds he walks on cos her whole future is her marital home. And thats the woman's greatest achievement in life.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:01pm On Feb 07, 2010
yawn! who is next? only wish u pple would actually grow a pair of cojones and be wo(man) enough to be more than just talk and talk. blabla
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 1:56am On Feb 08, 2010
Wonder when women would start making sense. Rather than meet me half way, point for point, they purport to teach me english. They're too mentally indolent to read ANYTHING through and through; not the first and subsequent posts in this thread, and certainly not even their dictionary. Talking about delusions; duh. Certain words have multiple contexts; the second of 'paranoia' means "abnormal mistrust", which i agreed was a "big problem" in my initial post.

No wonder many (not all!) rely on bleeping their bosses to keep their jobs. Numbskulls.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 6:18am On Feb 08, 2010
^^^ Like you will even recognize 'sense' if you saw it? I can see you are trying to fancy up your initial post, but no matter how your try to put it, the fact still remains that your condition is abnormal and psychological in nature. So i still say you visit a 'kolo facility' cheesy

@ Busy_body

You are right, I noticed he's one of those men with a God complex. I wish he would do the whole of womanhood a favour and remain single for life!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Girl846(f): 7:54pm On Feb 08, 2010
@ poster,
look for a virgin wife to marry. HOPEFULLY, the strength she had to keep her virginity for all those years will be the same strength and resistance she will use to stay faithful to you.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2010
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 8:58pm On Feb 08, 2010
Oh, how i love this arguement. Its finally taking shape. Go girls! Drop it like its hot. But una get bad mouth sha.I sincerely like the "his mother cheats on his dad and his sisters cheat on their husbands" part. I wish he could throw more light on how this history runs in their family.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by DaMrThomas: 9:11pm On Feb 08, 2010
@poster: If you start getting so paranoid about Marriage, when will you ever get married? You just have to pray nothing of such happens to you? A man shouldn't get bothered over the issues of whether your wife is having an extra marital affair with another person. What is important is how to get your family on the line? One bitchy woman will want to Bleep around. Moreover, you have to satisfy your wife in bed very well, if you do not know how to, you had better go learn. Moreover, don't get too busy ,try and find some time to talk with your wife, gist with her Bleep her good, in this case , she wouldnt have time for any s**t
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by jennyz: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2010
Seems every girl you've dated has cheated on you.maybe you don't know how 2 take care of a woman. .you should take lessons.because if you don't,trust me,your wife will still cheat on you.better still,stay single.it will be the best 4 everyone.you don't sound like you deserve a good woman anyway.you will probably always be suspicious of her cos of ur PA-RA-NO-IA,
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by DaMrThomas: 11:33pm On Feb 08, 2010
Jenny as far as I am concerned, no lady should be trusted. Just do what u ve got to do as a man and dont bother yourself much about her whereabouts or you will get high B.P. In this computer age, we have to admit that the true love has gone, that is why its not good for a man to rely completely on a woman!! Some guys might go to the extent of telling their wives everything they have. Itz insane cuz if the fault does not come from your wife, it may come from you,and dont blame her if she burns all your document or possession, u caused it cuz you have let her know all your secret initially by telling her where they are!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by deluxecad(m): 11:42pm On Feb 08, 2010
@pro01: You're so much in tune with what a typical woman is. My dear, you cannot afford to quit eating food just because you'll stool it out later neither will you stop using the roads because of accidents. Those are necessary evils. What can you do? It applies to the men too, but the only difference is the denial and false piety women lace their lives with. The life of a woman is an ocean, you cannot fathom it. That's why the woman has the final say when it comes to the paternity of a child, though some might not even be sure because of the college of guys they do at the same time. I believe good ones still dey sha, just believing.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by deluxecad(m): 12:24am On Feb 09, 2010
Chai! This fear had gripped me long ago, I just managed to fight it off. I saw too much when I was in school even now, I'd just cringe and work up my defensive mechanisms so the paranoia thing doesn't have my best part. Inasmuch as we're alarmed, we're only but helpless, one has to pass on his genes. What do you think poster?
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 09, 2010
^^^
For sure bro, one just has to pass on his genes. But there are ways to do this without marrying and 'loving' one yeye love-peddler. The black-American concept of 'baby mama' sure makes sense, right? P. Diddy did it, so did so many others. They got one or two pretty things to bear their seed; without risking the great gamble of marriage. I'm seriously considering this option.

@ the dude who said you dont have to fear your wife cheating, if you take care of her and bleep her well. Ha ha ha, s'cuse me. How naive. The man who purports to know what women want is so deluded (even the women themselves know not want they want). Read my very first post well: women bleep for a multiplicity of reasons!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 09, 2010
pro01:

^^^
For sure bro, one just has to pass on his genes. But there are ways to do this without marrying and 'loving' one yeye love-peddler. The black-American concept of 'baby mama' sure makes sense, right? P. Diddy did it, so did so many others. They got one or two pretty things to bear their seed; without risking the great gamble of marriage. I'm seriously considering this option.

@ the dude who said you dont have to fear your wife cheating, if you take care of her and bleep her well. Ha ha ha, s'cuse me. How naive. The man who purports to know what women want is so deluded (even the women themselves know not want they want). Read my very first post well: women bleep for a multiplicity of reasons!

Dude, give it up already! It's been established that your condition is mental which is nothing a day at the 'kolo facility' won't take care of! grin

deluxecad:

Chai! This fear had gripped me long ago, I just managed to fight it off. I saw too much when I was in school even now, I'd just cringe and work up my defensive mechanisms so the paranoia thing doesn't have my best part. Inasmuch as we're alarmed, we're only but helpless, one has to pass on his genes. What do you think poster?

See. . . . Identifying your likes already! I suggest we move this little tete a' tete to Yaba left! grin
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Pharoh: 11:13am On Feb 09, 2010
Lets tone on the personal attacks please.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by ravenzord(m): 11:35am On Feb 09, 2010
@ Poster: I can relate to your feelings of paranoia when viewing marriage, I really haven't met any man who was very eager to get married. However, my reasons are different from yours, I'm more concerned with whether I won't get bored of marriage and break my vows,cos I have a lotta married friends who cheat on their wives and don't really feel remorseful about it. I noticed that in your OP you're going on and on about the woman's potential infidelity, does that mean you think you can never cheat on your wife?
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 09, 2010
Pharoh:

Lets tone on the personal attacks please.

How This thread is as personal as any post could get! He had the guts to accuse every woman of being irresponsible and you think we are being personal undecided
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Pharoh: 12:23pm On Feb 09, 2010
Ujujoan:

How This thread is as personal as any post could get! He had the guts to accuse every woman of being irresponsible and you think we are being personal undecided

But he has further explained that he actually meant some and not all women. . .but all the same he was wrong in that aspect and you ladies should take it easy. Two wrongs doesn't lead to a right answer. Make una respect the guy mama na at least abeg.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Fritz007(m): 12:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
verbal attacks  cry crywould lead us nowhere those who know what 2 say should do so bt pls make sense undecided undecided undecided embarassed
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by tizizzy(f): 12:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
come on there are good girls out there, u ain't just looking in the right places. u're probably not getting good ones cos of ur many sins committed against the opposite sex.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by estrella(f): 12:59pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Pro01,
I'm a  woman sir and I'll have you know that I am one of those women any man would want to take home to his mama any day and any time.you made a mistake by generalising. There are some women on this forum who are different from the picture of women you painted in your post. There are several good women out there who are also wondering where all the men went to and that is a fact. Not all women sell themselves short.Not all women dole out their valuables to the he goats that litter the corridors of our society.I should ask you,in your bid to find the women who will not make you a laughing stock behind your back,what are YOU doing to make sure she doesn't suffer the same humiliation? Y'all talk about good girls,yadi yadi yack, are you a good man sir? you attract what you are. If all you seem to be getting are the nymphs of the world, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what is it about you that attracts these women? If you come out clean, then you can rest assured the right woman will show up as long as you don't let her know within five minutes of meeting her that you expect her to cheat on you and break your heart!
we all live out people's expectations one way or the other,so if you want a good woman,change your expectations of every woman you meet and stop the stereotyping man!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by ravenzord(m): 1:06pm On Feb 09, 2010
estrella:

@Pro01,
I'm a woman sir and I'll have you know that I am one of those women any man would want to take home to his mama any day and any time.you made a mistake by generalising. There are some women on this forum who are different from the picture of women you painted in your post. There are several good women out there who are also wondering where all the men went to and that is a fact. Not all women sell themselves short.Not all women dole out their valuables to the he goats that litter the corridors of our society.I should ask you,in your bid to find the women who will not make you a laughing stock behind your back,what are YOU doing to make sure she doesn't suffer the same humiliation? Y'all talk about good girls,yadi yadi yack, are you a good man sir? you attract what you are. If all you seem to be getting are the nymphs of the world, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what is it about you that attracts these women? If you come out clean, then you can rest assured the right woman will show up as long as you don't let her know within five minutes of meeting her that you expect her to cheat on you and break your heart!
we all live out people's expectations one way or the other,so if you want a good woman,change your expectations of every woman you meet and stop the stereotyping man!

Not necessarily true, sometimes the best people attract the worst people as partners, especially when it gets to the time for marriage.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by latepa(m): 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2010
Guy na one thing i wan tell you or two maybe three, you can go on and on Searching for your Mugulity or a Gay or live single Forever but you can still do am SIDE with any girl you come across i can link you with hot babes that will keep you company for the rest of your small life. grin grin grin
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by lambalamb(m): 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2010
WELL I BELIEVED THEY ARE NOT BAD. AND IF YOU THINK THEY ARE, PRAY FOR THEM!
U KNOW WHAT I THINK? MEN ARE BAD, WOMEN ARE WICKED.

If any lady maltreat a guy is all abt vengeance and vice versa. my advice to u bro, no start wetin u no go fit finish oh!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by henrychmz: 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2010
@poster. I tell u my brother this problem has been there from the beginning. its being a problem the world has had to face from the beginning. As its being said GOD created MAN and RESTED but even since HE created the WOMAN Neither HIM(GOD) nor MAN has rested. The race of Life is a personal one its you and the Creator. A woman is being attached to your destiny weather you like it or not and when you get to her, you will get the Clikc. remember(whosoever finds a wife has found a GOOD thing) thats true. Think about it carefully dont let the Noise you hear out of life throw you upside down.
Remember(It was not Gods Plan for us to have these problems but the first woman and man brought it on Us but we've been save already "only those who know".)

ITs truly spiritual and you cannot understand it with your canal mind. you must also stay clean to get what is clean. Remeber God sees the heart and HE knows you.

I wish all the best, Remain blessed. smiley smiley smiley
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by connkg(m): 2:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
Pro01,

I feel I understand you. Looking through the vilifications here, I wouldn't rather post; but I'm glad I'm making an exception.
I advise people and only sent out the following a few days ago in reply to a 'feminist' question, rather similar to yours. Please use the parts that apply, editing it may take some meaning out.
It states my personal opinon.

Cheers.

"I have come to the conclusion that the ‘battle of the Sexes’ will best be understood if either sex takes the time to listen to the plenitude of escapades and exceptions of the other.
Not that unexpected, is it?
Good for the writer that she now “respects a few men”. Whatever.
Issue is many men as well “respect a few women”.
The question is ‘why?’
Maybe if the few good ones only met themselves, no one would be any wiser. I dunno.
I’ve shifted ground, trying now to stop demanding better. Most of what I get as an individual has never compared to what I give. I take it as such.
There’ve been good men, good men who also made mistakes.
The quality of their goodness was always magnified by the fact that they took responsibility for the failings of good women.
Think of any example, biblical or otherwise.
These few good men acted, took responsibility and bore the brunt of any decision. It’s even easy to blame just them up till today, as well.
We aim to be the perfect man, all of us good men.
We go through rejecting the notions of friends about women and girls, and raising our personal standards to have enough to give – to stand when the evil day comes.
I think the few good women have let themselves down. It is my opinion that they do nothing of the sort.
I recently came to the conclusion – after watching ‘friends’ of mine – that girls of 16-24 behave EXACTLY like men between 30-44.
Go figure.
The number of good ones of one gender is directly proportional to the number of good ones in the other gender.
I have passed that. I do not see defects or failings as excuses. Heaven forbid they become reasons.
Living the way I do is because of God. If I look at man (like many of the ‘few good ladies’ do), I will fail.
I am yet to see a good woman take responsibility for either hers or a good man’s failings. Even God didn’t do that.
Do not fail to see the pressure on good men and men in general.
As I am still learning, even in a budding relationship, the good woman wants all the attention and romance, believing it for a fact that “when she is married, she can then return the favour”. The good man is one who gives more and receives less, for inside the marriage, things must then also be ‘equal’. I stand to be corrected.
I write, not because I’m hurting, but because I’m interested in becoming better.
Unlike the woman in the story, I have decided that what I give is not as dependent on what I receive.
IF I want to give more, I can. Even then.
She’s on her own, I wish her the best; no regrets.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by sayso: 2:52pm On Feb 09, 2010
estrella:

@Pro01,
I'm a  woman sir and I'll have you know that I am one of those women any man would want to take home to his mama any day and any time.you made a mistake by generalising. There are some women on this forum who are different from the picture of women you painted in your post. There are several good women out there who are also wondering where all the men went to and that is a fact. Not all women sell themselves short.Not all women dole out their valuables to the he goats that litter the corridors of our society.I should ask you,in your bid to find the women who will not make you a laughing stock behind your back,what are YOU doing to make sure she doesn't suffer the same humiliation? Y'all talk about good girls,yadi yadi yack, are you a good man sir? you attract what you are. If all you seem to be getting are the nymphs of the world, you need to take a step back and ask yourself what is it about you that attracts these women? If you come out clean, then you can rest assured the right woman will show up as long as you don't let her know within five minutes of meeting her that you expect her to cheat on you and break your heart!

Thank you for that,at least a sign of good and respectful woman.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Machine007: 2:53pm On Feb 09, 2010
This attitude of cheating is taking the best out of me and the truth is that i dont trust n have never trust any woman. But for hw long thats the big QUESTION.

i see the marriage institute as cultism, were married couples knows all these n yet they keep quite.

If thats the case, i think i will survive it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Virgin Bride Gets Cake With A Broken Hymen For Bridal Shower [PHOTO] / Great News! Runsgirl Android App Now Available In Google Playstore. / Why Do Guys Send Dick Pics To Women (adults Only Content)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.