Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:56 AM

I'm So Paranoid About Marriage - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm So Paranoid About Marriage (9275 Views)

Poll: Are you scared of getting married?

Yes: 21% (41 votes)
No: 32% (61 votes)
Sometimes: 42% (81 votes)
I'm never getting married: 3% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

I'm So Heart Broken Right Now / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by sayso: 2:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
This thread has pointed out  the fact that most women I respect their post in NL are cheats before or during marriage,it is a pity.you cannot defend the reality.please do not marry a man and start bleeping another man,it is mind killing,pls women do not do it.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by numen(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2010
@Pro01
I feel you bro. Don't mind the hating. I guess its a free country though your point still stands. I would like to say that there is no 'perfect lady.' Just try and find someone who will not pretend to you. Someone who has the guts to show you completely the kinda person they are. So that you will be better informed in deciding whether its gonna be her or not.

Like a lady said in this thread, u just gotta try before you can find that person close to perfection. If i understand your post well, u don't wanna waste valuable time and resources on someone just for a goat(your word) to have her for free without breaking a sweat? Man there's no over-the-counter prescription for that wahala. Just pray that your partner is transparent(u can predict her to a reasonable extent.) Man/Woman relationship has never been a smooth sail and will never be. You just have to be a good Captain like Jack Sparrow to choose your crew and Ship and to properly navigate the stormy waters to your expected and hopefully rewarding destination. Cheers

One Love bro. Happy scouting.

@conn-kg

Its nice to know you ain't hurting cos u sure sounded like u were. Hardly is there anyone worth hurting for, Cheers
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by AAMAG: 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2010
mr mr, why do u sound so bitter about women, guys generally are up to no good most times, but u hardly read of a woman crying out her mind over the "man". From everything i have read, u dont need advise from anybody, cos u have already concluded on women and u're hateful of us.

so please deal with your woman problem or better still get a guy partner and ur problem is 99% solved.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by ameja(f): 3:24pm On Feb 09, 2010
Poster, i think the problem is not whether women globally are more likely to be good or bad. That's just lottery.

The real problem is that with this "paranoia" or how u call it, u r extremely likely to attract exactly the kind of woman u most fear. That's Law of attraction. But it can get even worse than that. U might also find a fair woman with the best intentions, but ur unfair jelousy is very likely to drive her crazy first and then commit exactly what u anticipate from her so ferociously. Because, u know, if u gonna be hanged anyway, at least let it be for a lamb, undecided

Just imagine how u would feel urself, should she accuse u of things u havent done, call u a cheat or treat u like one, presuming automatically that u have no integrity at all?
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by totorimi: 3:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
What the heck, this thread reveals the reality on ground. Yes men cheat we know because they are in charge but why would a woman mess around and still have the nerves to lay on same bed with me at night. Its like sleeping with your enemy on the same bed and you close ur eyes and trust her with ur life. It just does not make any sense to me. What are these things called women
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Machine007: 3:57pm On Feb 09, 2010
i dont believe the idea that being scare of the unknwn has to do with the kind of girls you get attracted to.

The only way out is to educated the married ones(female) to learn how to close their legs after marriage.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by oluking: 4:07pm On Feb 09, 2010
guys who the hell do lot think that you have the legitimate right to crucify any woman, take it or leave it.its a two way thing.sorry to say ,guys that degrade women in this manner are unadulrated losers.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Ojumiii(m): 6:58pm On Feb 09, 2010
Believe me some women are good to the core, i mean they will never cheat on you no matter what or under any condition
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 09, 2010
@ all those who 'see reason' and understand mx points.
Thanxs. One love.

@ some of the guys here who wanna behead me, and insist that women are 'good'.

There's nothing wrong in intentionally insulating yourself from grief, after all, "what you dont know won't hurt you". But just dont crucify me for refusing to join your boat of self-delusion. Its called 'denial' in psychoanalytic psychology. Secondly, i never said ALL women were bad; i only wonder where and how to find the good ones. And i must point out that "good" means nothing else but NEVER EVER letting another man see her privates. I dont expect perfection; i'd tolerate her other flaws (poor culinary skills, abysmal fashion sense, allergies etc etc). But cheating? Murder. Full stop.

@ those of you (predictably) shallow girls here,

I am compelled to wonder: how many women are capable of reasoning intelligently? No wonder 90% of those that are lawyers are solicitors rather than advocates. They soon realize that the Honourable Justices are only impressed by fine arguments, not shiny lip-gloss and high-heel shoes. 'Since morning' you've all been parroting the same weak inanities. Let me summarize/itemize all your (incoherent) arguments:

1. Men like me are mad, idiotic and foolish for daring to allege (or in fact, reveal) that most women have a tendency to cheat.

2. Men also cheat too. Its a 50-50 thing so they should quit being self-righteous, stop complaining, and live with it!

3. Women are mostly 'good'. However, the few that are 'bad', are made bad by men. In other words, a man's actions (or inactions) may provide justifiable excuses for a hitherto good (pious, born again, decent, disciplined) girl to shamelessly open up her 'holes' to another goat to pour his abominable filth into.

I really do not suffer fools gladly. I wont reply the above 3 points again because i've painstakingly deflated each of them explicitly in my previous posts in this thread. Don't wanna sound like a broken record. Let the intelligent and 'un'lazy ones among you bimbos read those posts again, in-between the lines.

Seems the only thing they can comprehend and analyze is their yeye low IQ 'home videos'.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^ So u r still talking undecided
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by v24m(f): 8:31pm On Feb 09, 2010
Bros you can talk oooo. Are you not tired.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by nezerst(f): 10:27pm On Feb 09, 2010
I'm sick and tired of this holier than thou talk about how bad women are.
I think its high time ladies stop dignifying this madness with a reply.
Its absolutely no ones fault that your mamas and sisters turned out the way they are.
N if u need a virgin Mary, step up and be the man Joseph was!!!!!!
Rubish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by r231(m): 10:34pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^^^^oh oh
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Oking1(m): 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2010
Bros you have a big problem o!but i think your underlying fear is psychological.i have this feeling that a woman in your life you once trust or respected cheated that is why you have this morbid fear of going thru the same thing.but nevertheless,if you take the statistics of married men and women who cheat that of men is higher(60 to 40%) (check this site http://www.womansavers.com/Cheating-Infidelity-statistics.asp). so how come the women are not complaining more? in this life,NOTHING is ever certain. but that does not mean that we should not do in life what needs to be done at each stage in life.If you refused to move forward in life cos of one fear or the other,u cant achieve anything(getting married is a stage in life you MUST reach) you just have to have faith and strong belief in God.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2010
nezerst:

I'm sick and tired of this holier than thou talk about how bad women are.
I think its high time ladies stop dignifying this madness with a reply.
Its absolutely no ones fault that your mamas and sisters turned out the way they are.
N if u need a virgin Mary, step up and be the man Joseph was!!!!!!
Rubish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You all see what I mean? How una take pass exams for school sef? Itiböribö.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by corrall(f): 11:42pm On Feb 09, 2010
O king:

Bros you have a big problem o!but i think your underlying fear is psychological.i have this feeling that a woman in your life you once trust or respected cheated that is why you have this morbid fear of going thru the same thing.but nevertheless,if you take the statistics of married men and women who cheat that of men is higher(60 to 40%) (check this site http://www.womansavers.com/Cheating-Infidelity-statistics.asp). so how come the women are not complaining more? in this life,NOTHING is ever certain. but that does not mean that we should not do in life what needs to be done at each stage in life.If you refused to move forward in life cos of one fear or the other,u cant achieve anything(getting married is a stage in life you MUST reach) you just have to have faith and strong belief in God.

This was the same thought that went through my mind also.

@OP did ur mum cheat? is that why you are so bitter? undecided
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 11:50pm On Feb 09, 2010
^^^ ask your mum who's your true father. I bet you look like his best friend. Twack.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by nezerst(f): 12:04am On Feb 10, 2010
pro01:

You all see what I mean? How una take pass exams for school sef? Itiböribö.
Iti nkegikwa! How u take know say I pass?
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by cold(m): 1:56am On Feb 10, 2010
Bachelor Carl Weisman got fed up of being classified as a playboy, a loser or a commitment-phobe so he set out to find out exactly why he and a growing number of eligible men were steering clear of marriage.

Lifestyle

Weisman, 49, conducted a survey of 1,533 heterosexual men to research a book aiming to give women an insight into why some smart, successful men opted to stay single -- and help lifelong bachelors understand why they are still the solo man at parties.

He concluded that most men were not afraid of marriage -- but they were afraid of a bad marriage.

"Men are 10 times more scared of marrying the wrong person than of never getting married at all," Weisman told Reuters in a telephone interview.

"This is the first generation of people who have grown up with bad divorces. People assume there is something wrong if you don't marry but these are men who have made a different choice and not given in to social pressures."

The release of his book "So Why Have You Never Been Married? - Ten Insights into Why He Hasn't Wed," comes amid a growing trend for more people to stay single, with less social or religious pressures on men -- and women -- to tie the knot.

Weisman said U.S. figures showed that in 1980 about 6 percent of men aged in their early 40s had never married but this number had now risen to 17 percent.

AFRAID TO MAKE MISTAKES

Weisman said his online survey found there are three groups of bachelors -- about 8 percent who never want to marry, 62 percent want to marry but of which half won't settle for anything less than perfection, and about 30 percent who are on the fence.

Four out of 10 bachelors did not want children compared to three out of 10 wanting to be a father. The rest were undecided.

But while 72 percent of respondents said they were not afraid of marriage, about half of them said the situation that scared them most was marrying the wrong person.

"It's so important to these men to get it right. My best advice to single women after bachelors is to be patient. If you're in a hurry to get married you'll be frustrated," he said.

Weisman also found that financial issues, both positive and negative, played a large part in men's fear of commitment.

"Those with little money said they would have nothing to offer a partner, with some suffering self-esteem issues and withdrawing from the dating pool," said Weisman, an engineer-turned-author with two books now published.

"While those who are financially sound were terrified what a bad divorce could do to them."

Weisman said his research blew away any idea that single men were unhappy.

"A compelling issue was how many of them had found contentment in a never-married life," he said. "They had created lives full of careers, friends and ambitions. It was not like they walk around all day worried about not being married."

For him, researching the book made him also look at himself -- and he ended up living with a girlfriend for the first time.

"Now we're looking at getting married. As I researched the book I found I was looking at men 10 years older than me and it was like looking into the future. If I didn't change, nothing would," he said.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by corrall(f): 6:51am On Feb 10, 2010
pro01:

^^^ ask your mum who's your true father. I bet you look like his best friend. Twack.

, lwkmd, now i am convinced, i bet u just found out who your real father is, na wa o, y she do like dat na? hmmm sorry o, tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by tEsLim(m): 7:46am On Feb 10, 2010
From my own perspective. one of the things I always tell my friends is that we are all human and I dont and never depend on anybody or expect them to always be there. Life itself is uncertain. My laptop is more reliable than any human. It takes command and executes them. Only when there are software flaw/bugs it crashes or misbehaves but still more reliable than most human I know.

And some people have been brainwashed by religious books, which are mass means of mind manipulation. Everyone got certain fear and nobody likes to be cheated. So first of all in most relationship I've always make it clear what type of man I'm , my principles and philosophy. For example I dont believe in marriage as an institution or something I have to do.

I love kids and like to be there for them like my dad was there for me and my sibblings. And I'm grateful for my baby mama. Since I can't get married the best any woman can be to me is being a babymama. I buy/build a house for her and my kids; make sure the bills her paid. Atleast anything thats got to do with the kids. And spend quality time with them thank God for my job. That lets me have a lot of excess time even during weekdays

In five years time when I'm ready again I plan to have another woman and maybe 2 kids with her. Someone I would care about too. I think I'll b ok with just two or 3 at most. I'm building a second house already I think mostly for the purpose. Please I'm no Muslim. I believe more in the doctrines of and lifestyle of Jesus. But this has nothing to do with my perception about family.

As long as the woman I'm with is happy, cos she knows in advance the type I'm. I've met few ladies who are trying to rush me into setting up another family but its not yet time. I have to screen who becomes my next darling and mother of my kids.

I hope this helps the poster. Nobody will nail you for your lifestyle if you know what you're doing. I've been pressured at the early stage to marry my baby mama. I believe marriage is just that ceremony people just wanna eat jollof rice and drink wines cheesy. I'm not in for that. Only that sometimes for benefits etc. I may go to court someday so she could have her surname changed. And I always tell women not to stay in a relationship they're not happy with. She has the right to leave.

I expect anything in LIFE. So I cant get hurt. Because its expected. If my woman cheats , I'll ask why she's doing it and try make some fix or if its irreconcilable then we call it quit. We are not ANGELS or ROBOTS.

I'm POLYGAMOUS no point deceiving myself marrying one woman and still cheating. I bring a woman I desire home simple. I got no time for cornering, hiding, lying. Everybody will know this is my new woman!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by naijacann: 9:45am On Feb 10, 2010
@POSTER

I TOTALLY SUPPORT YOUR STANCE AND ARGUMENTS.
AS FOR ME, 28 M WITH GOOD EDUCATION AND JOB, NO TO MARRIAGE!!!
MY MOM CAN COMPLAIN ALL SHE WANTS BUT I'VE JUST DECIDED THAT ITS
BETTER FOR ME TO REMAIN A SINGLE GUY THAN TO STAND THE TRAUMA OF
CATCHING MY WIFE CHEATING ON ME BECAUSE I FEAR SHE MIGHT ONE DAY CHEAT ON ME.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by henrychmz: 9:51am On Feb 10, 2010
@TESLIM
THIS YOUR LIFESYTLE GET AS I BE OOO
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by amyliajane(f): 10:05am On Feb 10, 2010
wow this is interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, different views
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by hackney(m): 10:30am On Feb 10, 2010
A man sleeping around is slightly different.
A woman sleeping around? . . imagine the act for one second,
She is the one that gets ravished and penetrated.
awwww. . . . . .

Imagine another man having 'gone' inside your wife.
disgusting.

its not as invasive for the men (physically speaking)
its more decent to go around dipping your finger into various mouths than having your gapping mouth dipped into.

Awwww, women.
grin cheesy grin
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by zeedee(f): 10:33am On Feb 10, 2010
I've had ONE boyfriend.  He was my 2nd, the first was a mistake.  While I've been with my boyfriend - 2 years- I've not been with anyone else.  I'm not a saint, I've had a few indiscretions (just making out) but that only happened because my boyfriend wasn't being true to me.

If it finally works out with him, I'll marry him (don't intend on cheating) but if it doesn't I've decided to SAVE MYSELF FOR MY HUSBAND.

@ poster, Not all girls are ho*s.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by sayso: 12:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
I want to ask a simple question to all the married women here,how do you feel when seeing your husband and remember that you just allowed another man to pull off your panties,touch your inner self,lick your breast that junior will surely feed on later,exchange saliva with him and even help him put his manhood inside your mouth.what do you feel when you see your husband after performing this very enjoying fantasy ?
Honest answers please,I know some of you will have to think back further than others,but pls do play catch up and answer.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^ You're even assuming they have conscience. They'd use that same mouth that another smelly goat poured slime into, to kiss their husbands/boyfriend, and say: "i love you darling".
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by lolupee(m): 2:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
Pro01. The answer to your questions and fear lies in a book. Will you buy the book and read it?
Its titled; 'Before you do' , by TD Jakes.
I'll say no more. HEre is the link, below

http://www.tdjakes.com/site/PageServer?pagename=ms3_homepage
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by v24m(f): 4:25pm On Feb 10, 2010
pro01:

^^^ You're even assuming they have conscience. They'd use that same mouth that another smelly goat poured slime into, to kiss their husbands/boyfriend, and say: "i love you darling".

@ Pro 01 na waooooo why are you like this are you saying that women now don't have a conscience,  its people like you that eat your words at the end of the day when you finally meet the , "so help us" Mary of ur dreams. Please listen carefully however you judge a woman here is how others will judge and look at your sisters, cousins who re girls and even your mum. The more you criticize without empathy the more you make way for more insults at your family. A word is enough for the wise.

The "smelly goat" could be you grin
The mouth to kiss husband/boyfriend might be yours undecided
The 'i love u darling am sooooo sure has been said to you" cool

Take it easy your life cant be worse than those in Haiti but life for them still goes on. PEACE
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by solakk: 4:37pm On Feb 10, 2010
I am not scared of getting married . I can only pray I do not find a girl that cheats on me,because the day I find out, she would be out of the door. its just principle,  no sentiments.

I guess my thots are founded by the word of GOD, if anyone in this forum still believes:

Matthew 5:32
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery.

cheers
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by ayettymama(f): 4:39pm On Feb 10, 2010
Its overrated

however maybe thats just the young me talkin

cos if not for that thing

i honestly still dont see the point of men at all!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Guys...what Do You Think Of Women With Tattoos? / Lolz! Market Girl Is In Love With Me / Man And His Married Lover Exposed After Their Sex Tape Leaked Online. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.