Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,802 members, 7,817,323 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

I'm So Paranoid About Marriage - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm So Paranoid About Marriage (9276 Views)

Poll: Are you scared of getting married?

Yes: 21% (41 votes)
No: 32% (61 votes)
Sometimes: 42% (81 votes)
I'm never getting married: 3% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

I'm So Heart Broken Right Now / I'm So Ashamed Of Guys Who Do This..... / Do I Have A Reason To Be Concerned/ Paranoid? Boyfriend In S. Africa For 2 Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by idifu(m): 5:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
i'm never scared of marriage
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 8:15pm On Feb 10, 2010
sayso:

I want to ask a simple question to all the married women here,how do you feel when seeing your husband and remember that you just allowed another man to pull off your panties,touch your inner self,lick your bosom that junior will surely feed on later,exchange saliva with him and even help him put his manhood inside your mouth.what do you feel when you see your husband after performing this very enjoying fantasy ?
Honest answers please,I know some of you will have to think back further than others,but pls do play catch up and answer.

So you think the act is less disgusting if it's committed by a man

Whenever I think of infidelity in my marriage, have a mental image of my husband, the man that swore to love me till death do us part, wooing another woman, enticing her with money he's supposed to use for his own family, begging her to take off her clothes, telling her how beutiful she is, kissing her with the same lips he kisses me, putting his dck inside her, holding her to his heart, running his hands through her body . . . shocked shocked

That alone is enough to drive any sane woman crazy . . and if you think it's bad when your wife does it to you, then stop for a second and think of how she feels when you do it to her!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 11:41pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^^
Still incapable of making wholesome sense i see. When did two wrongs start making a right? In any case, who married who? Who bears the other's financial responsibilities and sundry burdens. So because an African man got 'polygamous', you the wife would jump out too and suck any dck in sight! Come and ask for my hand in marriage, pay my 'groom price', and all the other stuff and maybe i'd then allow you the privilege of being the 'man'.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by ssumpta(f): 12:01am On Feb 11, 2010
Poster. Don't become cynical about marriage.
Just today, a married man hit on me, think of thousands of other men who are doin the same. It got me thinking, will this ever change? if not, then marriage is a sham.

But i remembered what i read in my bible yday, marriage is honourable. Its a pity many folks do not see it dat way.
If u've been guilty of sleeping with even more than one girl at a time, then ur not in a position to complain.
There are still good girls. I know, coz i am one of them, even though i've made mistakes. Its the truth. Be a good man, and God won't dissapoint you when you're looking for a wife. I bet you.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 11:41am On Feb 11, 2010
ssumpta:

Poster. Don't become cynical about marriage.
Just today, a married man hit on me, think of thousands of other men who are doin the same. It got me thinking, will this ever change? if not, then marriage is a sham.

But i remembered what i read in my bible yday, marriage is honourable.  Its a pity many folks do not see it dat way.
If u've been guilty of sleeping with even more than one girl at a time, then your not in a position to complain.
There are still good girls. I know, coz i am one of them, even though i've made mistakes. Its the truth. Be a good man, and God won't dissapoint you when you're looking for a wife. I bet you.
[b][/b]

Your point of view is refreshing for the most part. EXCEPT: "If u've been guilty of sleeping with even more than one girl at a time, then your not in a position to complain."
I still dont understand it when you girls purport to have 50/50 equal rights with men in all regards - including cheating. It is counter-intuitive! I've over-explained why this 'equality' thingie is preposterous in previous posts in this thread. Learn to live with the limitations of your gender; God made it so.

For the records however, I'm a good man who wouldnt cheat on my woman (if ever i find one worth committing to). I just fear that too many of them are too fickle to be trusted.
Maybe you are an exception (for now), but 'forever' is such a long time. . . . Can you hold out for so long?
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 11, 2010
pro01:

^^^
Still incapable of making wholesome sense i see. When did two wrongs start making a right? In any case, who married who? Who bears the other's financial responsibilities and sundry burdens. So because an African man got 'polygamous', you the wife would jump out too and suck any dck in sight! Come and ask for my hand in marriage, pay my 'groom price', and all the other stuff and maybe i'd then allow you the privilege of being the 'man'.

Double standard eh? Because you paid the Bride Price undecided

Okay, you can stop having nightmares about it! when you find the unfortunate being you want to make you wife, you can negotiate the price paying terms with her . . I'm sure she won't mind paying 'groom's price' for you, if that will make you sleep better at night! cool

Since you are so daft that you can't understand that what makes infidelity wrong is the fact that you lie and betray the person you so claim to love. People marry more than one wives, no big deal about that down here, but what's wrong is a man who is married to one woman sleeping with anything on skirt in the name of 'ploygamy' . . . and still has the audacity to cry foul if his wife cheats on him. And please no need to blab about 'two wrongs not making a right' . . that's no excuse to be a hypocrite!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 12:07pm On Feb 11, 2010
pro01:

[/b]

Your point of view is refreshing for the most part. EXCEPT: "If u've been guilty of sleeping with even more than one girl at a time, then your not in a position to complain."
I still dont understand it when you girls purport to have 50/50 equal rights with men in all regards - including cheating. It is counter-intuitive! I've over-explained why this 'equality' thingie is preposterous in previous posts in this thread. [b]Learn to live with the limitations of your gender;
God made it so.

For the records however, I'm a good man who wouldnt cheat on my woman (if ever i find one worth committing to). I just fear that too many of them are too fickle to be trusted.
Maybe you are an exception (for now), but 'forever' is such a long time. . . . Can you hold out for so long?

So why are you finding it so hard to step up to your responsibilities as a man Someone told you to 'take it like a man' in a previous post and you almost went hyper!

Somehow I find difficult to believe you are a good man, because as a good woman wink , I belive that there good men out there who wouldn't cheat on their wives, just like I wont cheat on my hubby! Makes me wonder why you can't do same. undecided Except of course because you think it's not possible, cos you know you can't do it! tongue cheesy
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by tithe(m): 12:37pm On Feb 11, 2010
@poster,

Favor is deceiful, and beauty is vain, but a woman that fears the lord, she shall be praised {Prov 31:30},. House and riches are the inheritance of fathers: and a prudent wife is from the LORD{Prov 19:14), Ask God for such a wife.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Poisson: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2010
hmmm pro abi wetin be ur name?e go hard u o!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Vavavoom(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2010
Man, a class apart and at war with himself.

Marriage will continue to be a conundrum of some sort with ideals from both sexes constituting the available divides.
Pr10O will find a woman someday who will make his paranioa about marriage a thing of the past, maybe Ujujoan<wry smile>

I think everybody has made their point(s), what however is astounding is both side of the divide want the same thing<faithful partners> but never seem to find any middle ground. Some men desire women who wouldn't sleep around but must be open to and grant the man that licence to roam and be promiscuous. The problem here is such a man must do such roaming with another woman; who sometimes in this game of chance maybe married. So it becomes a vicious circle of human philandering.

Gender supremacy is in question. In the fine prints of what has gone before I see phrases like gender equality, advocated subtly by women and outrightly rejected by men who consider themselves naturally superior(??). The position from the men stems from he who pays the piper dictates the tune but the women in an ever changing world, one which has empowered them to stand toe-to-toe with men are saying, 'no' to practices of the past.

While this is not strange as many a woman has found their voices it is the belief of this writer that each case be treated disticntly and that whoever (man/woman) goes out of their way to cheat while in a relationship has lost every moral justification to cry wolf when cheated upon. But if such a man/woman finds another who having knowledge of their promiscuity decides not to toe such path it is their luck not necessarily a RIGHT.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Petosh(m): 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2010
All her burdens are borne by her husband: she falls sick, the man pays the bills and runs helter skelter and bears the burden to ensure she's well. And then, she freely fcuks another goat who has zero responsibility over her many burdens and woes?

ha ha ha
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 6:33pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^ You are new here, do you really want to start this undecided
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Petosh(m): 7:10pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ujujoan
I'm new here really.I'm still trying to figure out how this stuff works.I can't help been amused by PR100(or something of the like)I'm a man.Unmarried.I find it hard to understand wot he's driving at.His logic is absolutely blinding tongue.notto by force now, if u can't trust a(ny) woman perhaps u should switch to men.doesn't it take 2 to tango?bros'm good women berekete out there!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Petosh(m): 7:30pm On Feb 11, 2010
from everything I've read here.its alright for a man to sleep around but not so for women.the reason?men pay bride price,are allowed to marry many wives so dq dv they can call the shots when it comes to exramarital affairs."its the way the world is"."we're been realistic"it sounds rather specious and its downright hypocritical.like all the arguments for slavery and apartheid.if it hurts a man that his wife cuckolded him.why shouldnt a woman feel just as bad.why say."women pls dont do it, it hurts us".but we can do it and say "ah well,that's how the world is".
pr100(hope am right)life is a risk.remember the chinese proverb;he who deliberates fully b4 taking a step in life will spend his whole life standing on one leg.take the plunge!be a man cheesy
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2010
@ Uju and others, allow the poster his right. Freedom of speech. Women do not just want to hear the truth. If he is touching you badly, look elsewhere.Thank God Rooney and Owen learnt from Parlour.I have been saying this, marriage is not for everyone. Women shld not marry celebrity men.Let Isaiah 4 start off. I thought uju is married already after if-not-rich-after-30-yrs thread. Hmm

No equality when some gender is still depending on the other for survival and recognition. At poster, u have what most men have,they keep 5 gurls and don't wanna pop the question and chicks run after guys with cash and hoping to keep them. At poster, you must have gotten 90 out 100 in ur UME.

At poster, finally marry who shares most of ur values (sparring partner) if you must marry or go into kind of arrangement to help u keep ur life going and don't place trust anyway-that is the shock-absorber for everyone in this shiiit
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 11, 2010
^^^
You're a soul broda jare. You know 'every'. The truth is always bitter but wise men dont shy away from it. I understand it when women rail against this view. But the men who mushily negate this hard fact are so pathetic.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by damilola15: 11:12am On Feb 12, 2010
I get scared of marriage when i hear or see people getting married.
If I ever decide not to, I should also get ready to be skinned alive.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by deluxecad(m): 12:53pm On Feb 12, 2010
@Pro01: Never at anytime attach strong emotions to any lady or u'd end up a wreck swinging from one low to another. As much as you cannot stop a wolf from howling, so can you not tame a woman out on sexual conquest. Sometimes I don't blame them, it's hard to alter nature without a supernatural intervention. God help us. Sorry you have to helplessly embrace this bitter reality.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by deluxecad(m): 12:55pm On Feb 12, 2010
Few of them are good and uncompromising, I was told, I wish to encounter such. How I pray and wish!
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Eaglebabe: 2:42pm On Feb 13, 2010
Whatever you like, be about marriage,how many men are even supporting their families.Come to Abuja,women are now marrying men financially.They carry the financial burden of the families.So what is this ranting all about.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by sizzlers(m): 4:33pm On Feb 13, 2010
that means u will enter monastry
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 7:23pm On Feb 13, 2010
Eaglebabe:

Whatever you like, be about marriage,how many men are even supporting their families.Come to Abuja,women are now marrying men financially.They carry the financial burden of the families.So what is this ranting all about.

Marrying men financially kö, marrying men spiritually níí. Cases like that are an aberration. Besides it aint new to see some women use money, made through bleeping one Alhaji or the other, to 'maintain' a gigolo! Woe betide any misfortunate man whose wife bears financial responsibility for the home. His fate is worse than a leper's.

sizzlers:

that means u will enter monastry

Sorry to disappoint you. I cant do without the delicious succulence of women (hmm, yum yum); only that i CANNOT COMMIT for reasons that are already well-known.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by aca77: 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2010
Whoops. I better adopt a child then. Ala Elton John, without the gay partner of course.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by adetoru(f): 11:15pm On Feb 15, 2010
If you're Paranoid about marriage remain single. Chikena!
Well said.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by tEsLim(m): 7:39am On Feb 16, 2010
Its not a sin if you dont get married. I repeat its not a sin. I dont have to adopt babies. Why are there baby mama's in the first place? You take care of your kids and baby mama. Naturally human are insatiable so dont ever think you can satisfy any woman or man. And I dont ever trust anybody not to fail me. So naturally I've never been surprised by anyone's actions because I never expected them not to f*ck up. I expect f*ckups, disappointments etc daily. Though it doesn't happen that frequently.

I think this started when I saw my so called good friend Fcking my girl back 10years ago. Since then I 've always expect sh*t. I expect it so much that i can almost simulate it if it doesn't want to happen.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 9:34am On Feb 16, 2010
^^^
I feel you bro. Big time. Its like the more you love these hoes the more likely they are to do all kinds of shiit. About your experience, your 'good' friend fkd up, but your woman was downright a friking biatch. She wasn't a kid; neither was she despoiled. So what d fckk?? I hate them all man. Serpentine sluts.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by astuto: 7:22am On Feb 20, 2010
Look guys, don't hate the women, you hear? they are just as scared of lasting commitment as we are.
But the truth is, be strong. It's a phase of life we all have to pass through to be considered 'whole' by the immediate and larger society.

Men cheat on women as much as women cheat on the men. See it as a weakness that the affected person (male or female) has, but which can be gotten out of with some effort.

For the girl or guy who can't live without being promiscuous, take the necessary steps to protect yourself- separate from the person, if u are already married, don't separate, but refrain from close sexual relations with the person. It's a pity, but yes, it's got to be done.

Marriage is a good thing. A very good thing at that. It is the abuse of the marriage that disgusts everyone.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by oyinda3(f): 7:35am On Feb 20, 2010

There are many reasons why a wife's cheating is extremely objectionable. But consider these two:

1. A man goes through the rigorous hassles of asking for her hand in marriage, blowing hard-earned money on a colourful wedding, renting a home, etc etc, only for another goat to bleep her mercilessly, for free, without going through all that hassle?

2. All her burdens are borne by her husband: she falls sick, the man pays the bills and runs helter skelter and bears the burden to ensure she's well. And then, she freely fcuks another goat who has zero responsibility over her many burdens and woes?

How can you be equal with someone to whom you relinquish all financial (and other) responsibilities? How can you be equal with someone whom you expect to 'take care' of you, 'pamper' you. 'spoil you' bla bla. When (esp. African) society evolves to the point where women would rise to the occasion and share all these 'responsibilities', only then can gender-equality begin to be a possibility.

then marry someone who is financially independent!!! i'm sure there are quite a few naija women who are working at good jobs and earning good money and paying their bills by themselves!!
maybe then u wouldn't give urself a heart attack if she ends up cheating then u can kick her out of ur life without feeling that u lost anything.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 20, 2010
^^^
I love u! Thats the a.s.s kicking and brutally honest response i've been craving. Not the shallow & clever by half inanities spouted by these girls who insist on eating their cake and having it. Can't believe a logical woman capable of objective reasoning exists in Naija; thats just who you are. You got the drift of this thread to the minutest dot! Can't fault you @ all. Oyin níí ó.
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by olugirl(f): 5:17pm On Feb 20, 2010
With the number of married men i had hitting on me while in 9ja, dont think will ever get married, cos if i even smell my husband cheating, i will do double!

i blv in marriage only when both parties honour it, but if some man can't or won't, i cant be bothered, luckily i have a great career going and hats why i like the UK, even my 55 yo boss has a boyfriend. grin
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by jcshols: 5:28pm On Feb 20, 2010
stupid guy wey start this post my word of advice 'NO BE BY FORCE TO MARRY'
Re: I'm So Paranoid About Marriage by prixxy(f): 8:38pm On Feb 21, 2010
@poster
I've got an advice for you plz plz plz do not ever get married cos it will be a complet wast of your time and the time any woman you might consider marrying,because with such views of women the marrage will not workout, you will constantly think she is cheating on you when she is not.

And Ive just got to say this, am really supprised to hear that a man is scared of marring because he thinks most women are cheats,because i believe it is really rear to find a married woman who cheats on her husband, but instead they are home makers, and they tend to want to keep their home together, even when the husband is unfaithful they forgive the man simply because they want to keep the marrage going, even in extream cases where violence is involved, i see women enduring all in the name of trying to keep the marrage and the family together, so i do not see women like these going about cheating.

Although i do believe they might be some bad eggs, but the OP is making it look like 90% of women are cheats which is really unfair and disrespectful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lolz! Market Girl Is In Love With Me / Miss Nairaland June 2012(Elimination Rnd 1) / Man And His Married Lover Exposed After Their Sex Tape Leaked Online. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.