Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,478 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:55 PM

Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? (22042 Views)

Zoology Vs Food Science: Which Has More Prospects? / Civil Engineering Vs Chemical Engineering / Petroleum Engineering Vs Mechanical Engineering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by stuffs4me(m): 7:22am On Jul 26, 2017
hy
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by difference5050: 7:22am On Jul 26, 2017
Chemical engineering
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by amakufrancis(m): 7:23am On Jul 26, 2017
PrinceMario:
1000 likes for this.
yes my guy
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by PrinceMario(m): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Calculations??

Unfortunately these ones are not regarded as engineering in terms of calculation.
If you ever want to discuss engineering and calculations.

Then you should be talking about Structural Engineering.
Did you have a university degree at all.
Even if you don't study engineering, you will know chemical engineering is all about heavy mathematics.

3 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by LOL247(f): 7:25am On Jul 26, 2017
qq
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 26, 2017
martineverest:
computer science....the logical reasoning in computer science is far more tasky than chemical engr......mechanical and electrical eng. Gulp powerful calculations
i have a brother studying computer science,i love the two degrees,am good in maths but not that super good ,,and he told me computer has more maths skill compared to chemical...chemical mainly all about chemistry....i had my OND last year@auchi polythecnic electrical/elcTroniCs eng....so wrote jamb this year putting chemical engineering uniport scored 271 ....SO NOW M REALLY CONFUSED!..if to consider a change of course,,
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by pandoras08(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2017
Omo! don't try chemical engineering o . their calculations na die! it can't be even compared to computer science. So weigh ur options carefully. But it's a lovely programme to study (chemical engineering ). Just my 2cents
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by wintersnow(m): 7:28am On Jul 26, 2017
Lolz this is the main reason I studied geography and envt mgt... I cannor come and kill myself becuz of calculation ni... grin find DY find DX wtf

4 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by adecz: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2017
If you are afraid of calculation & extreme
Additional (Further) Mathematics,
then you better keep away from both.

Go & settle for Biological Sciences or
Geography, make your head no come burst.

No talk say I no tell you.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by NwaAmaikpe: 7:29am On Jul 26, 2017
PrinceMario:
Did you have a university degree at all.
Even if you don't study engineering, you will know chemical engineering is all about heavy mathematics.

shocked

If you have a degree, then you don't deserve it,

Because you haven't been found worthy by me in learning and character.

Go back and learn proper English.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by bamasite(m): 7:30am On Jul 26, 2017
Chemical engineering has more!

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 26, 2017
zionmade:
Computer science seemingly has more calculations for those who think that chemical engineering is all about chemistry and chemicals.
Every single course in chemical has calculations. Difficult ones at that. By the time u start a solution by guessing two parameters and after spending 30mins in calculations and it doesn't converge, u will come back and guess again that's wen u will prefer packing ur lot with computer science
you are right my fellow. Some people believe chemical engineering is all about chemistry but they are wrong. There is no single course in chemical engineering without calculation. By the time you start doing transport phenomena and chemical engineering analysis you go hear am.

2 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by PrinceMario(m): 7:31am On Jul 26, 2017
Op, if you don't like mathematics please don't go near any engineering at all, talkless of chemical engineering.

As someone rightly said, you can spend hours working on guessed(assumed) numbers in which you might be wrong after all.

And the course you'll be doing till you graduate ain't just chemical engineering courses alone, you'd be doing a couple of courses from Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, AGE, Materials science at the rest. Alongside the chemistry courses from chemistry department.

Engineering is interwoven.

But if you mathematics is cool or you can improve on it... You'll excel in any engineering.
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by biblegirl: 7:32am On Jul 26, 2017
Physics has more calculation
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by icedsammy: 7:34am On Jul 26, 2017
The highest maths they can have is conversion from base 10 to base 2 or base 16.

Nonsense.

DON'T SAY THAT AGAIN SIR!
WHAT OF ARRAY?
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by PrinceMario(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked

Idiot! You know nothing about tertiary education system.
Get off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Dachris72(m): 7:34am On Jul 26, 2017
Computer Science has to do with a lot of calculation and logic than chemical engineering...
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2017
computer science in nigerian uni should just be called maths though engineering courses has more calculations....
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Fran6ik: 7:35am On Jul 26, 2017
Am a graduate of Chemical Engineering, when u do Engineering Mathematics every week, and reactions engr, thermodyn, transports, mass n energy transfer.. u will hate mathematics..
Chem engr is the application of mathematics itself with respect to chemistry and physics which is more complicated.

4 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by ademoladeji(m): 7:37am On Jul 26, 2017
Ahmed3rdjuly:

Computer science in Nigeria is 95% mathematics,logic gates, Boolean Algebra, 4% programming in 1962 languages such as cobol, pascal, fortran etc and 1% of history, types and uses of computers

Engineering in Nigeria is 99.9% mathematics. The remaining 0.1% is meant for all other core and elective courses. There's mathematical and statistical approach to every engineering problems where Fourier series, LaPlace transformation, and the likes play key role. Even all equations and formulas would still have mathematical modelling.

Chemical Engineering now has the combinations of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Advanced Physics and all you can think of of CHEMISTRY. These are 3 core applied science courses. Now add engineering wahala to it and tell me comp science is more of calculations.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 26, 2017
amakufrancis:
Rep chemical engineering in Fupre have a friend in computer science in same school
chemical engineering have more calculations
how sure are you
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by kevoh(m): 7:39am On Jul 26, 2017
I am still trying to get the goal of the question the OP posted. You are going to need a sound understanding of Mathematical concepts to do both Courses. Whether one has more calculations than the other does not really matter, so long your Mathematical knowledge is poor you will not do well.
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 26, 2017
NwaAmaikpe:

shocked
abeg make onah no quarell
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by nollystar(m): 7:42am On Jul 26, 2017
Cacawa2:
Lol

How can anybody even think computer science has maths.

Computer science is all about logic. The highest maths they can have is conversion from base 10 to base 2 or base 16.

Nonsense.

Who told u that? Am actually a computer science student nd I can tell u that the calculation involve in Com Science is far bigger than the scope of binary conversion. I hv faced calculus, differentiation nd integrations, matrix of all kind. in fact, we do virtually 75% of same courses with Maths&Statistics student

3 Likes

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by maxibrainz02(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2017
emmy4lov:
Ok... let's view it this way

Engineering vs science which has more calculations..?

My answer Engineering.

I don't know much about chemical engineering, but I studied Electrical Eng at HND level and I'm presently pursuing BSc in Computer science and the mathematical calculations/analysis in com. Science is nothing compared to what I faced in My Nd2/HND 1, HND2 was hell in the cell Match which had 4×5 matrix in it lipsrsealed and others that I can't even remember now, I'm in my 400level com science, and engineering is the baba of calculations.
my brother, there is nothing like 4 by 5 matrix, we can have 4 by 4... A matrix A can only be multiplied by matrix B, if the number of row of A is the same with number of column of B

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by jonbellion(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Well i read computer science so based on experience I'd say you don't need to be too sound in math to an extent. Though I believe Nigerian universities would have it more rough (seriously their prospectus is so 1982. Who programs in COBOL these days lipsrsealed) it would definitely not be as hard as engineering. But seriously bro you still have to know math at least well enough to pass cuz in my first year I had to do calculus as a perquisite. In later years the math classes are elective(though this also depends on the school)
Computer science has it's bits. You have to have a knowledge of math tho you don't have
to be extremely good at it because you wont do much of it in later years
So if you don't like too much calculations computer science would be the best bet. chemical engineering students have to do that shit till their last year and we don't give a shit about chemistry in CSC
I'd advise you to go for CSC. Petroleum is going to be as valuable as salt soon cheesy
Cc: KingEbukasBlog

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 7:49am On Jul 26, 2017
Thermodynamics is Messi,Algorithms is Iwobi..go decipher
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
nollystar:

Who told u that? Am actually a computer science student nd I can tell u that the calculation involve in Com Science is far bigger than the scope of binary conversion. I hv faced calculus, differentiation nd integrations, matrix of all kind. in fact, we do virtually 75% of same courses with Maths&Statistics student
I'm no talking of the borrowed courses people do in 100 and 200 levels.
I am talking about the core dept. Courses.
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by 9jamusicanalyst(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2017
nollystar:

Oga if I tell u to calculate the amount of Oxygen and carbon in a confined space and give a 2D simulation diagram of the relative gases in that room..do u think ur mere Dy/Dx will do d magic?
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by Nobody: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2017
The two are comparable.
One is an engineering course while the other is a course.
Computer history and is basically on data structures and programming. Most computer gurus didn't even read computer as first degree.

1 Like

Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by kayc0(f): 7:57am On Jul 26, 2017
Re: Chemical Engineering Vs Computer Science Which Has More Calculations??? by DonHummer(m): 7:58am On Jul 26, 2017
Omo don't let that word " chemical " deceive you.
Chemical Engineering is mainly mathematics, mathematics and mathematics seconded by physics then chemistry.
But chemical Engineering is one interesting course, it makes one more versatile compared to other courses

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

From MBBS To Botany, Please I Need Suggestion! / 100 Students Caught As UNILAG Begins Testing Students For Hard Drugs / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.