Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,592 members, 7,812,929 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine (2383 Views)

Just Saw This Romantic Pic Of What A Guy Did For His Girl With His School Fee / Crazy Things Girls Do To Get A Guy's Attention / Share The Crazy Things You Did While In Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:10pm On Feb 10, 2010
Olu collected his N7,000 pocket money, Bims has been the dream of his life and since its val period, he went and bought N6,500's worth of perfume. He dashed to the hostel to present Bim with the token, at least she would consider. Bim collected it, smashed it to the ground and issued a stern warning to Olu never to come near her again, Tears in , eyes, Olu cried late into the night, wake up next morning to beg for food, But you know what, 5 years later, Olu and Bim are married with a baby boy, Happy Val,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:11pm On Feb 10, 2010
It was SUG election and the campaign was intense. Dj was a political friend and he wanted to become Secretary of the union. We started one on one campaign. Going from one room to another. Then Dj entered into this room, actually we were in girls hostel, 30 minutes, one hour, one and half hour, two hour, two and half, three hours, I was furious. What sort of campaign that was going on that would take 3 hrs. Little did I know, But today Dj and the room owner in Ajasin hostel then are now happily married,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2010
We were writing exams, actually, it was our 400L last paper before I.T. and Br Ug came to the hostel to stay with me during the period. He decided to end it up with Ij on a cruel note. They had a fierce fight. Br manhandled Ij and as a good girl she came to report my friend to me. As I was trying to calm her down, Br came in and start another round, See More of fight. This time it was really a two Igbo fighting. The fight was a kind of final fight since the duo would not see each other again. She torn his shirt, threaten to use my knife to stab him and stab herself. It was indeed a brawl. She even torn my shirt. They deleted each other's number and call it quit. What was the genesis of their fight Valentine gift.

That was 5 years ago, today Br Ug and Ij live as husband and wife with a lovely baby boy
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:12pm On Feb 10, 2010
I asked Fmi for N50 to soak garri since it was 'agro' period. You know how it was when money run dry, concoction no more certain and you always look for the nearest place to put some stuff into belly. To my surprise, Fmi said he is more broke than I. I did not believe him though, cos he just came back from home. I went back to my room, lie flat on , See Moremy bed, Longe came to my rescue.
Thirty minutes later, Fmi came in, well dressed n request I follow him to see Tee. I obliged. Since it was valentine day, there we go. We saw Tee who was ready for us with her room mate. To cut the long story short, we made it to the best restaurant in town. There I was, eating fried rice and chicken with chilled wine. Guess who paid? Fmi of course. This is a guy who swore he was broke than I suddenly spending money as if it was going out of fashion.
3 hours later after wonderful evening meal, Fmi got the shock of his life, Tee was whisked to town by Jo to spend the Val night.
Lest I forgot, I left the restaurant with two take-aways. I no dey carry last. Pata pata na draw,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2010
Fld spent 8 years, I mean 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5,6,7,8 years 'toasting' Phatty. The question I kept asking him was; what was he telling her that took 8 years to understand?
You can imagine, coming and going every time singing the same chorus for 8 good years before you finally convince her! God!
The result is outstanding anyway and the end seems to justify the means,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:15pm On Feb 10, 2010
Ay Ad came back from work. Walked straight into his room without even saying hello. As a gentle man, I have learnt to mind my business and to respond when talked to. So I kept my cool. 30mins later, I checked on him and he seems busy writing. He must be writing a report, I thought.
5 hours later, he came out and said 'It is not easy to compose poem, See More oh. You know poem has to be original. It must express your true feeling about somebody.'
Haa haa, that was when I know what went wrong. So he spent 5 hours writing 7 lines of poem, yet he cannot express how he feels about Pretty Pat.
Two years ago, the duo spent honeymoon in one of the most beautiful city in the world.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2010
It was val and as well as Bum's birthday, Fash who always want to live a larger than life lifestyle on campus had promised a memorable birthday bash for his heartrob (trouble). 2 days to the d-day, nothing seems to happen, 1 day to go, nothing. 12 hours, no show. Then suddenly, a goat appeared miraculously. The goat was slaughtered. There was enough meat to eat, pepper soup to compliment and 'galala' dance.
2 days later, mama, an old lady who lives close to Fash's house noticed her big goat was missing.
The street 'detenthiefs' commenced investigation. And Fash was summon to explain where mysterious goat came from.
Then Mama took the case up, she reported to the school authority. Fash and Bum had to face school disciplinary panel.
Fash blamed Bum for ruining his life and Bum blamed Fash for dragging her into the mess, See More
Frankly speaking, who do you blame?
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
The journey between her school to her boyfriend's place is 4 hours. She never mind,all she wanted was to be with the love of her life. She even went to shop for him. A designer shirt, designer perfume, and a wrist watch. Walen collected it all and thanked her for her generousity and 'love'. That was 14th Feb., 2003. On the 15th Feb, 2003. She received the 'crudest' shock of her life. Walen quit the relationship.
It never seize to amaze me, why collect all these gifts and led the poor girl on, when you know you are breaking her heart the next day,
Funky has since moved on. And she is not Mrs Funky Ade,
As for Walen, one girl no dey meet another for im hand,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:17pm On Feb 10, 2010
Chris Rock once said, if your girlfriend shows up at your doorstep on Val day without a gift; no problem about that, she will be welcome warmly and even leave with a gift. But you dare not show up at your girlfriend's doorstep without a gift on Val day.
This must have been on Ay’s mind this lovely Val season. The problem is that he does not have the money for the gift. Then, an idea came. He went to Mommy’s jewelleries and brought out an expensive ear-ring, wrapped it up and went into Shd’s house. As he was presenting the earring to her, his phone rang. It was mommy. He picked it and mommy said, ‘I know I should not be asking you about this, do you by chance see my 12-carat gold earring?’ ‘Why are you asking me, how would I see it’, Ay replied. ‘Well, I am sorry, it’s just that I searched everywhere for it and could not find it’. Mommy apologised.
But little did Ay know that Shd will visit him two weeks later wearing same earring.
Poor girl, she met mommy, knelt down and greeted her warmly, Now mommy vowed that as long as she is alive, Ay will never marry Shd. ‘I can’t allow my son to marry a thief or anyone who will instigate him into doing evil.’ Will you blame her? Whose fault?
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:18pm On Feb 10, 2010
The card was a 2 feet, hand-made, designer card, laced with several designs and decoration. I don’t have record of cards cost, but I am sure, it will be among the most expensive. It cost Dj fortune, I mean like three months’ salary. The words were very simple.
Roses are blue
Violet are red
Oh sorry,
Roses are red, 
Violet are blue
What is your colour?
From Dj to Bosed with loads of love
But unknown to Dj, the artist made mistake, he wrote:
From Dj to Yetty with loads of love
Funny enough, Dj used his own hands ,to give Bosed the card in her office, in the presence of everybody. As meticulous as Dj is, he did not notice.
Unfortunately, Dj’s supervisor, whom Bosed heard was committing office romance with her fiancée, goes by the name Yetty. What love joins together, artist, card and valentine want to put asunder.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:19pm On Feb 10, 2010
As a big boy, Kay represents anytime, any day. So this Val will not be exceptional. He had budgeted for the evening. And the calculation to him was perfect. Ify is out of town, she was sent to God knows where by her office. To fill in the gap this Val night, Nkech, a long standing fantasy, will be right person. ‘I will blow this girl off’. He boasted to me. At exactly 9:30pm, he went to pick her up. The best restaurant in town was where she suggested. No wahala.
Today na today, you no go escape, that was the song going on in his mind.
As they settled down, Nkech, a real Port Harcourt girl, started ordering. The bill arrived after 3 hours. Wine; 18k, Food; 7.5k, dessert: 3K, Point and kill: 6k, Total: 35k,
It’s not a big deal. But Kay only has 15k in his pocket. He asked for the nearest ATM machine, but ATM was not working. This ATM can disappoint when least expected! He asked Nkech, she had only N1, 500 on her. He went to the manager who refused his plea. What is the solution? Drop your car ‘particulars’ for assurance. It sounded good and okay. He dropped his car ‘particulars’.
On his way home, Kasala busted. They met policemen. Officers requested for ‘particulars’. There was none to present. ‘Why are driving at 1:00am without ‘particulars’ if this is not a stolen car?’, officers requested to know. All excuses fell on deaf ears. To cut a short story long, oh sorry, long story short, Kay and Nkech had their Val night behind 'counter'
Unfortunately, it was Ify that came the next morning to bail Kay and Nkech out of the police net, afterall, she is a lawyer. Painfully, Kay had never since they started dating; spend 4k at a go on her, for her or even with her in their 2 years of relationship.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:20pm On Feb 10, 2010
Temi is a beautiful young lady. She was made Miss Campus in her early days in school, though that was controversial. She is not only beautiful; she is brilliant, funny and out-going. When she invited me to her room on this Val day, I knew she really needed a company. Everyone who knew me on campus knew, if it is going to make an headline news, I will be there.
On arrival, I met two guys who were seated and were staring at each other as though they were enemies. I need not to be told, they were rivals. One came with cake, the other with card and perfume. 10 minutes later, they left. I summoned courage, and asked for the cake to be demolished. Temi was nice, you know, she agreed. I started eating.
Less than 5 mins later, another came in, holding a card and wine! What a perfect evening! He left few minutes later, and I opened the wine. As I was pouring the wine into a cup, a knock came. It was another guy with cake, card and perfume. Waow! He left hurriedly.
10 minutes later, it was another knock, another mugu, this time around with flower; you know that stick artificial N80 flower, a card and juice. He decided to sit and have a chat with Temi. I was busy with devouring cake, drink non-alcohol drink and listening to Celine Dion.
Another knock on the door, a fresh mugu appeared on the scene, this time around with yet another cake and card.

I felt sorry for these young guys, I decided to leave but Temi begged I stay back. Why? Because, more people will still come. True to her word, three other gentlemugus came, with two cakes, a bottle of wine and perfume.
As I said earlier, Temi was a nice person, when I left 2 hours later; she gave me my Val gift, a cake and perfume. What kind of Val will I hope for again! What an irony, guys went to girl’s hostel with gifts; I left there with gifts, Who say campus journalism does not pay! In a way it does!
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:21pm On Feb 10, 2010
It takes courage to talk girls in those days, so we write letters. And few of us, who don’t give a damn about what those girls say or do, are always seeing as the real guy. Our steps are always different when we come into ‘Lesson’. I think you also attended ‘Lesson’. And because of the dilemma often created by speaking of English to impress girls, we have our crammed lines of words. Our letters are often the same, because most are ‘rank xeroxed’. As for me, I used to gather love cards given to Aunty Bade and Aunty Bola, read through the content and copy beautiful rhymes from them.
But of particular interest is this:
Dearest,
Doxology.
I picked my golden biro from the ocean of love to expatiate on the magnanimity of the affinity of my affection to you. You will agree with me that there are many fishes in the ocean, and the golden ones are infinitesimal. That is why when through providence, you are able to espy one; you will want to merchandise all the grandeur, magnanimousness and splendour of this world to hold on to her, See More
I must confess, your love consume my heart as conflagration consume magnificent edifice. You are the only sugar in my tea, the only salt in my meal. I promise that if you agree to marry me, I will take you the England to see the queen, we will spend countless night on the beautiful island of Bahamas, We will see Paris, and we will not die and our love will remain like that of Romeo and Juliet.
I will return my golden biro into the porch of love until you reply my letter.
Yours truly,
Why are behaving like hypocrites? Either you might have written this kind of letter or received one of such! Am I lying?
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
She was posted to Bauchi for her NYSC. He had wanted her to stay in Lag, afterall, there is third batch even if she miss the second batch. But she would want to go and finish the orientation and then re-deploy. All buttons pressed. All hands were on deck. The re-deployment worked. She was re-posted to Lagos on account of ill-health. To show how ,  much he loves her, Tayo wanted to be the one that will drive her to Lagos. She had complained about how strenuous it was getting to Bauchi from Lag. She will not have her go through the trouble again. They talked long into the night on the eve of his departure to Bauchi. They laughed. They joked. They teased each other.

Unfortunately, Tayo did not arrive Bauchi. His remains were deposited in the mortuary of UNIJOS. His car was completely wrecked. And we asked, God why?
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 10:22pm On Feb 10, 2010
She is a pastor and her fianceé is a businessman. Their wedding is just two weeks away. All arrangement made. This is going to be a glorious day for the duo. The who is who in Christendom will be in attendance. She rile in splendour. She is the centre of attraction. Then he called to say he needed to drive to nearby town to see a business partner. He was expecting that the business they did together would yield an extra to take care of the honeymoon to Dubai.
Seven hours later, he is not back, she started getting worried. His phone was not going through. Then her senior pastor walked in. Another church member entered. A family friend came in. Her brother entered. Everything seems unnatural. She was confused.
Then, they broke the news. IK was attacked along Aba-Port Harcourt expressway, robbed, shot and he died on the spot. Her dream shattered. Her life crumbs like a pack of card; or so it seems,
Life,  Love,  Happiness,  Betrayal,  Death,
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Pittbaby(f): 11:40pm On Feb 10, 2010
wow !!! You are truly a journalist, from funny to ridiculous to very sad and touching.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by parislomo(f): 9:39am On Feb 11, 2010
grin grin grin grin

ENJOY YOUR WORLD ALXMYR AND WISHING YOU A HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING!!
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 1:06am On Feb 12, 2010
parislomo:

grin grin grin grin

ENJOY YOUR WORLD ALXMYR AND WISHING YOU A HAPPY EVER AFTER ENDING!!

I wish you the same
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 1:19am On Feb 12, 2010
The stories shared on this thread was copied from my facebook profile which most of the friends involved called to acknowledge that period of their lives. Moreso, it brought some painful remembrance to some, which I will say I regretted. But for the fun of it and its memories, they want it mentioned and even discussed if need be.

www.facebook.com/alxmyr.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by mamagee3(f): 1:31am On Feb 12, 2010
Your friend is nuts, all those for Valentine's Day, that's senseless
What if tomorrow the relationship comes to a screeching halt, what happens next?
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by daylae(m): 1:33am On Feb 12, 2010
Vanderful!
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Pittbaby(f): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
What if tomorrow the relationship comes to a screeching halt, what happens next?

if you live you life by the rules of "what if" you will not live life
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by opokonwa(m): 3:20pm On Feb 12, 2010
Man you are one hell of a story teller cheesy
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 12:06am On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

I thank God that none of my friends can be classified as nut. They are generals in their own worth. Several of them in top management position even at tender ages.
So if you are using your circle of friends to judge mine, you are mistaken my dear sisiter.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by mamagee3(f): 12:34am On Feb 13, 2010
Blah Blah Blah, Couldn't you have edited the whole story instead of typing half a page of grammar.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by whiteroses(f): 12:39am On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Blah Blah Blah, Couldn't you have edited the whole story instead of typing half a page of grammar.
why are you always bitter

@poster cool story love the first one
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 1:37am On Feb 13, 2010
mama-gee:

Though I need not reply you, but I guess you made a mistake. The events here were series of events that happened to several of my friends which I am aware of. I did the story to recollect those memories. I did it originally on my facebook profile and if you notice I shortened the names mentioned.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:45am On Feb 13, 2010
@ topic, lol  man u dont know the half. this val matter get serious k-leg. back in the days in sec schl, man it was cwazy.!!!

boarding schl and waoh, man wat did we not see? hmmn, i think as at 1994 the record amount confirmed spent on val was 15 grand, in a boarding schl, only for some hausa boy decided to take umbrage at the competition for his gal and went home to return for post val day remix and spent 40k!!! 1994 o, sec schl kids!

then came the year when on vals nite the schl authorities arranged a raid and did it spectacularly! every member of staff and a few outsiders were involved and they suceeded in catching most of the valentines at it around the female hostel. well every love bird and awoof monger spent the night on the principals lawn and forfeited ALL the gifts. that was a special time for all school sons of the principal, that house was the bomb. exotic chops, cakes, confectionaries, wines name it

then my final sec year, when some boys used their brains and masterminded an absolute coup. prior to the val period, relations btw male and females were seriously censured, so boiz were always voicing discontent. val fell on a friday, and the following sat was enviromental inspection. so boiz cornered head boy and girl and convinced them to sell the idea of intra sex hostel inspection. pronto the mumu gals came in their droves to see the inner working of the male hostels and of course wink at their toasters, when boiz were informed that the visit could be returned, many were sceptical as they did no want to get into trouble. but the learned few made trhe trip across school and promptly acting on prior info from the same boiz who bought the val gifts yesterday, went and vigorosly inspected the lockers and hiding places common to students, lo and behold all manner of contraband were coming out!! and boiz were promptly striking deals to prevent forfeiture, or just sitting down and being "entertained" by the gals

by the time the gist got back to the male hostels it was too late but man for the few who made the trip, man eat drink and die was the watchword, plus all manner of foods, cakes, bought by hungry boiz who soak garri religiously!!!!!!!!

valentine!! hmmn
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 1:51am On Feb 13, 2010
^^^ Guy I feel you.
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:00am On Feb 13, 2010
the annoying part is these memories suddenly make me realise how much life has become boring! those were carefree days when we acted on spur of the moment whims!! sigh i had so much fun

now i dont even have a val and am seriously trying to look for a reason not to go to work on vals day!
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by semid4lyfe(m): 4:11am On Feb 13, 2010
4ller, u don turn asawo finish!
Re: The Crazy Things My Friends Did For Love: Happy Valentine by Alxmyr(m): 11:50pm On Feb 14, 2010
Olo mi, oni temi, ore mi, ololufe, oju kan; lada n ni, lola Oluwa, ko sohun ti o yawa,

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Console A Crying Lady On The Phone?? / Reactions If Your Lover Is A Kleptomaniac? / Am I Naive, In Love Or Outrightly Stupid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.