Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,939 members, 7,810,610 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:02 PM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77762 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by goldedprince: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
why is his son not fighting for biafra? very sensible kid. not that supid guy that says his name is cownu abi wetin he say be himm name sef?

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by JustMercy: 6:56pm On Aug 04, 2017
Honour God with your life today. Today will soon be history. Tomorrow you will leave here, you will go somewhere else. Your choice today will determine your destination tomorrow. That your new destination is between you and God-your creator, and Maker.

Jesus Christ can offer you a better and secured tomorrow. Repent, accept Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and saviour, today follow Him and you are guarantee a place with Him tomorrow.

Jesus loves you and me.

mmb:
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by oruma19: 6:57pm On Aug 04, 2017
mmb:
pple will Neva be wise. When other pples children were dying of kwashiorkor, see how good looking his own children were at that critical time. I pity Igbos. Folo nnamdi KANU at ur peril. Nigerian leaders are wiked.

11 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
rinzaugustine:
seun has lost nairaland by allowing kids typing with their mum's phone and without any purchasing power chant tribal and divisive songs on nairaland when they have zero percent knowledge of nigeria's history.I wonder any right thinking entrepreneur that will pay tangible money to advertise his/her products on nairaland

That is what shocks me the most.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Benekruku(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sagay212:
Lol..Kanu is about to do the same shi.t to these MF senseless ipods. As usual the knuckle heads will brag and say 'this is not 19 blah blah..this is 2017'..we are ready for them. They will never learn. I don't know how some people can be so stupidly heartless and wicked. Because you have no hope of making it in life, you want to intentionally create trouble and push millions of your tribesmen in misery so that all the successful ones can go back to square one like you. Amadioha fire ipods

Amen!
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Melodyz(m): 6:58pm On Aug 04, 2017
Jaideyone:
lol you obviously don't know what being summarily executed means. Olodo like you. You want to compare the death of two individuals no matter how powerful they are to the death of 2million people filled with potentials? That's the differençe between yorubas and drug mules like you. We know what matters most

Ur foolishness is overwhelming
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by hibee4uall(m): 6:59pm On Aug 04, 2017
Good people of nairaland, pls help a brother to pay his law school fees.No amount is small, you can contact him on 08184941410 for more enquiries and verification . THANKS & GOD BLESS YOU

Thanks to you people that have been felt concerned may God continue to bless you all
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Sanchez01: 7:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
Okoyiboz3:
The head on which coconut is broken never eats from that coconut.

3 Million lives never do. It's 50 years later and another set of millions must fall again.
I am a bit of an alarmist and a theorist. If you've seen the movie 'The Purge Anarchy', you would think the Igbos at some delegate power to one mad man to help purge their own, rest a while and wait another 50 years.

Kanu's style might not necessarily be similar to Ojukwu's but he would be the death of many and would again come back as a full fledged Nigerian after the purge is complete.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by IAmSkinny: 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
Na wao. History never lies. Check my signature for everything photography is all about.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by goldedprince: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:
The young boy is Emeka Odumegwu Jr. He is now the sole administrator of Nnewi Local Govt

For those who say that Ojukwu escaped with his family leaving all others, I ask you.

What would have been gained by Ojukwu staying back to be slaughtered when the war had virtually ended?
wow, he aint even a member of ipob. he is an administrator in nigeria. wow. wow. wow

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by janykute: 7:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.
Thank you my brother for explaining it to this not well informed bunch of people.My dad was present when it all happened.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by goldedprince: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
i wander who dey shine bianca congo now. shai. that totto go sweet o
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Sanchez01: 7:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
NubiLove:
He and Gowon could and should have handled things differently... the Biafra war had no winners.
I totally agree. The war could have been avoided but like most Igbos, Ojukwu let his emotions get the better side of him. Fine, the Aburi Accord failed because Gowon prolly never understood the demands of Ojukwu during their meeting until the Accord was explained to him in details, which eventually made him change his mind the moment they returned to Nigeria.

Sadly, Ojukwu could have stayed mum and endured, but he wasn't willing to do so because oil was discovered a year or so. At the end of the day, the purpose of the war was lost, he sacrificed young souls and fled, still under the sovereign authority of Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by maxiflexy(m): 7:10pm On Aug 04, 2017
chiagozien:
Sir we love you.you are the only head of state that went to war front when the battle is tough.we love you and the mission you started we must accomplish.
are you a biafran PIG or a Biafran IDIOT according to dilector grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Sirheny007(m): 7:11pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ojukwu is greater than any Yoruba man dead or alive. To have stood up to the Nigerian forces, declare the sovereign state of Biafra and fought a war for 30months is not an easy feat. Awolowo could not do it. Asslicking afonja..

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by ifeanyi83(m): 7:13pm On Aug 04, 2017
Still our people will not learn. These people do not care about us...Period!!!

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by chiagozien(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
maxiflexy:

are you a biafran PIG or a Biafran IDIOT according to dilector grin grin
zombie face front.after many years your brother fela sing about the life of your people"suffering & smiling and zombie"yet you people never change.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by codemaniacs: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
kk

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by alen4smith(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.
damage control!

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by eagleeye2: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
Ojukwu is dead and buried. But Rotimi Amaechi is still here with us.

Our mumu don ripe
"why-lost-39-million-rivers" Rotimi Amaechi.
Look for this thread on politics section.
Since MODs have refused to push it to the front page, I take it upon myself (before my ban) to advertise it free of charge.
https://www.nairaland.com/3964080/why-lost-39-million-rivers/1#59149122
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Praktikals(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2017
PassingShot:
So, this man even absconded with his own children while leaving other poor children behind to die of starvation. No wonder he was rejected in subsequent elections by the same people he led to the slaughter slab.

This is exactly what the mad man Kanu is attempting again with his hate speech and call to harm. Hopefully, Igbos with superior reasoning will prevent him from visiting calamity on the current generation of IPODs and innocent souls there.
pls tell them o. We dont want history to repeat it self ni o. The coward took his children to safety but see what he made others pass through.

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Okoyiboz3: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
Sanchez01:

I am a bit of an alarmist and a theorist. If you've seen the movie 'The Purge Anarchy', you would think the Igbos at some delegate power to one mad man to help purge their own, rest a while and wait another 50 years.

Kanu's style might not necessarily be similar to Ojukwu's but he would be the death of many and would again come back as a full fledged Nigerian after the purge is complete.

I don't understand the Igbo reasoning. It's as if there is a genetic pact that every half century, the population of Igbos must be controlled.

That's their business anyway. Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

9 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by ofuonyebi: 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
I think it is high time most of our "mumu" follow-follow

Nigerians or Igbos who survived the grave from the civil war

or those still being hypnotize by the errant Kanu should LEARN

from the selfish Leadership displayed here by Ojukwu.....i.e death is good for everyone else..

BUT not for him and his family....chai!

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by chichijas(m): 7:18pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

Who? you mean General yakubu Gowon the Biafran slayer the ever charismatic commander.

The last time i checked he was hail and hearty, while your scarecrow commander was buried six feet down.

It's not his fault Igbo's life span is shorter, as you can see his mate are still alive.

straw-man attack!
you are afraid and lack defensive mechanism, that why you came up with this STRAW-MAN ATTACK.
let the guy tell you who he is talking about.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by KemjikaEme: 7:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
This forum once used to be a huge inspiration and rich source of information but has slowly emerged as a platform where all sorts of Anti Igbo news and sentiments are dumped and celebrated by bigots and tribalists.

I've started avoiding this forum because it's nothing less than a moronic forum for lampooning a certain ethnic group who's only sin is her desire for self determination. It's safe to Say that the creator of Nairaland and it's stakeholders are party to this embarrasing display of ethnic slur and tribalism.

Bashing Igbos on daily basis has become a favourite pastime of youths that should otherwise look for ways of becoming better citizens of the world. No day goes by without 2 to 4 anti Igbo post geared at casting aspersions on Igbos.
This picture has been posted before, what's then is the essence of reposting it again?
I weep for this Nation! Why would one in his right senses agree to stay in a Country where the only interesting activity that binds her citizens is a mockery of Igbos.
Pathetic!
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by ayobarmy(m): 7:20pm On Aug 04, 2017
Honestly I don't like commenting on anything that has to do with this Biafra issue,..... but the question I keep asking every Igbo man or woman that's still talking about Biafra today and calling Ojukwu their Hero Is "What exactly did he do for them to be called a Hero"..... #justwondering

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos) / Owerri Prison Break In Pictures / Captain Abdulkarim Bala Na'Allah Assassinated By Gunmen (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.