Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,904 members, 7,810,482 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) (77755 Views)

Deposed Emir Sanusi On Exile In Loko, Nasarawa Village / Muhammad Ali Met Gowon In Nigeria In 1971 (Throwback Video) / "I Will Not Go On Exile" – Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by potent5(m): 7:21pm On Aug 04, 2017
ottohan:
u call dat coward a great mahn....
Yes. Only a great and wise man would know that discretion is the better part of Valor.

So many men have died, not from bravery, but idiocy.

People like Ironsi, Abiola, Awolowo, etc. all died because they thought they were being brave. You catch my drift?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:22pm On Aug 04, 2017
chichijas:

straw-man attack!
you are afraid and lack defensive mechanism, that why you came up with this STRAW-MAN ATTACK.
let the guy tell you who he is talking about.

I don't know who else fought ojukwu i am being plain honest.

It was Gowon that gave the command he was the head of state as of then.

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by suremanpatriot: 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:
Run away soldier bad commander, coward!!!
wht sort of rubbish talk is this, you ppl are all ignoramus. Ironsi would been alive if he was as wise as Ojukwu.
wht of ibb why didn't he stay after annulment,do u call DT cowardice also?
if you aren't skilld in art of warfare u beta keep mute,because war is not for bloody civilians blabbing.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by oluwaahmed: 7:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
Dear Lord,
I thank u 4 givin our biafra leaders d idea of advisin ojukwu 2 flee wit his family. Tho it may seem cowardly 2 sme cowards, u also knw dat it's d wise dat lives 2 fight anoda day. Wat wld hav bcomm of d ibo race had d zoo captured ojukwu & publicly executed him wit cheers & joyful glees
Ow wld d biafrans hav mouth 2 face afonja wen dey laff @ Hw dey quelled our rebllion and murdered our leader like a cow durin sallah. 10Q Chukwu okike, u dint allow ur pple 2 be ridiculed 2 d exten of bein a scum of d earth & a slave.
4giv ur children like joe yorubakwe, he has already bn mentally defeated in d Biafra war.
We knw in due time u wld deliver ur children cos d lords anger doesn't last 4eva.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:
The young boy is Emeka Odumegwu Jr. He is now the sole administrator of Nnewi Local Govt

For those who say that Ojukwu escaped with his family leaving all others, I ask you.

What would have been gained by Ojukwu staying back to be slaughtered when the war had virtually ended?

The war ended after he fled...

Ans. To earlier part...

The same way ur kind says Nnamdi kalu will be matyred if he is killed by the present government.... grin (it seems it's time to call ur bluffs and kill this kalu once and for all) anyway don't u also feel ojukwu would have been matyred too.

Him being Slaughtered and dying for the cause would have sparked that igbo blood to have d spirit of the 300 men... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by hilroy: 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
Nnamdi Cownu will do worst than this guy.

I can bet anything with anyone. When the scene gets hot, Cownu will run with his tail between his legs and sacrifice another millions of life that should have been used for something productive.

Just an example, the bastard albino is not even saying anything about the Ipob members that were jailed with him despite making mouth initially that he doesn't want bail until ipob members that were in prison with him are granted bail.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by LordKushmann(m): 7:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
wingman:
Ignorant fools will continue ranting over what they do not know or understand. Do you all think that as shrewd as Igbos are they will easily forgive and elevate Ojukwu to the status of a legend if he truly ran away?
The worst fate and humiliation that would have befallen Igbos would be for Nigeria to capture or kill Ojukwu. The man was practically bundled into the plane in Ulli airstrip because he never wanted to leave. Just as declaration of Biafra was the collective will of Igbos, so too was Ojukwu 's departure for Ivory coast.
You ignorant kids can continue writing all the rubbish you want cause you do not know or understand what the man represents to Igbos.

Odogwu I ga-adị. a nna gị mụrụ gị.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by baddosky1: 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
UR OWN ATE OTAPIAPIA AND DIED A HUMILIATING DEATH. EWU

After this monkey's death, the sale of Otapiapia skyrocketed because of it's efficacy. grin grin

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Praktikals(m): 7:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
awesomely:

"I'm a soldier that loves to fight, If you don't wanna be a witness then walk away."
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by abbeyty(m): 7:30pm On Aug 04, 2017
People don't even pay attention to the picture of ivory cost as at 1971. It looked beautiful

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by ipobbigot7: 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Coward leader of biafuro.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by chichijas(m): 7:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

I don't know who else fought ojukwu i am being plain honest.

It was Gowon that gave the command he was the head of state as of then.

you are being plain dishonest. the guy never are allude to any notion to do with gowon.

he made a statement that requires more interrogation to make sure that you are not moving out of line with his thinking.

i suggest he is referring to awolowo
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
hilroy:
Nnamdi Cownu will do worst than this guy.

I can bet anything with anyone. When the scene gets hot, Cownu will run with his tail between his legs and sacrifice another millions of life that should have been used for something productive.

Just an example, the bastard albino is not even saying anything about the Ipob members that were jailed with him despite making mouth initially that he doesn't want bail until ipob members that were in prison with him are granted bail.

Him resisting bail, after it being granted...

Patriotic son of the barren soil

It's so funny grin

I want die of laugh today

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:35pm On Aug 04, 2017
abbeyty:
People don't even pay attention to the picture of ivory cost as at 1971. It looked beautiful

I just tire...

Is dat abidjan or yammousokro
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by ceeceeuwa: 7:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
PassingShot:

Yet he was rejected at the polls on three occasions by the same Igbos who elevated him to status of a legend.

Kontinu.
Knock out!

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2017
baddosky1:

After this monkey's death, the sale of Otapiapia skyrocketed because of it's efficacy. grin grin

Ur monkey shey grin

His son is collecting royal entitlements in Nnewi from his father's genocide....

Let's know if his son is not interested in dis new biafra...
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by zoedew: 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

Who? you mean General yakubu Gowon the Biafran slayer the ever charismatic commander.

The last time i checked he was hail and hearty, while your scarecrow commander was buried six feet down.

It's not his fault Igbo's life span is shorter, as you can see his mate are still alive.

Don't you get! His sense of reasoning having been beclouded by ethnic bigotry and tendency to hate speech assumed you were Yoruba and set up Awolowo as a suicide.

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Godfullsam(m): 7:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
ngeneukwuewuGOAT:
UR OWN ATE OTAPIAPIA AND DIED A HUMILIATING DEATH. EWU

Chief Awolowo was a great man. He introduced free education and many great things to Nigeria and the yorubas in particular.

Ojukwu introduced biafra and millions of igbos lost their llives.
Up till today, ndigbos are still searching for biafra they couldn't get it because they lack reasonable and responsible leaders like awolowo.

Awolowo died a natural death. Autopsy comfirmed it, only the children of hatred like you are propagating the wrong information that he died of poison.

Buy the way, you are a PIG AND AN IDIOT.

Kanu said so.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by IgboTyphoon: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
Eze Igbo Gburu Gburu 1 may you continue to Rest In Peace. We remain ever grateful to you for your gallant efforts marshaling Biafran forces against the vandals and their superpower supporters.

Just know that we have kept the Biafran flag still flying high. The haters will eventually fail
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by mrskillz: 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
When jungle mature, you ran. You couldnt pay the golden price that could have earned you far more dignity. You however stood up for ur people when most needed. I salute you Sir. Rest in peace Sir ChukwuEmeka Odumegwu Ojukwu.

Col. ADEKUNLE FAJUYI comes to mind though

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Thegamingorca(m): 7:39pm On Aug 04, 2017
oluwaahmed:
Dear Lord,
I thank u 4 givin our biafra leaders d idea of advisin ojukwu 2 flee wit his family. Tho it may seem cowardly 2 sme cowards, u also knw dat it's d wise dat lives 2 fight anoda day. Wat wld hav bcomm of d ibo race had d zoo captured ojukwu & publicly executed him wit cheers & joyful glees
Ow wld d biafrans hav mouth 2 face afonja wen dey laff @ Hw dey quelled our rebllion and murdered our leader like a cow durin sallah. 10Q Chukwu okike, u dint allow ur pple 2 be ridiculed 2 d exten of bein a scum of d earth & a slave.
4giv ur children like joe yorubakwe, he has already bn mentally defeated in d Biafra war.
We knw in due time u wld deliver ur children cos d lords anger doesn't last 4eva.

Did he fight another day?

Is his son, in nnewi interested in biafra?

4 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Sanchez01: 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
codemaniacs:

the f:ulanis were the winners of the war... why are you guys so ignorant Ojukwu never let emotions get the better side of him because he was under orders from the kolonialists... what type of person would have oil, fertile land and millions of graduates that are needed to boost an economy and still go to war... the civil war was just a ploy for the entire southern Nigeria to lose control over their resources...

the b:iafran currency was called b:iafran POUND... which is enough indication that b:iafra had kolonial backing but ignorant people like you guys can't read between the lines... the kolonialists have always wanted to get rid of the y:orubas and since b:iafra couldn't achieve that they made the country use a unitary system to subjugate the entire south Nigeria..
Your theory is totally wrong. The colonialists were the Brits and they threw their weight behind Nigeria during the war. Besides, it seems you prolly never understood what led to the war.

At the time, the resources in the present day South South was under the control of the then Old Eastern region which Ojukwu happened to be the governor. The then system allowed for Nigeria to control all resources regardless of where they are located. Oloibiri Oil field was discovered in 1956 but Nigeria did not join oil producing countries until 1958.

Ojukwu and many Igbos felt marginalised back then in Fed civil service and sought to pull out of Nigeria which at the time was heavily dominated by Northerners.

After the Aburi Accord broke down, an obvious Ojukwu who was clearly not prepared for war declared the Old Eastern Region the Republic of Biafra. The implication was obvious as you cannot declare a sovereign state within another; an act of treason.

Ojukwu prolly felt the then Old Eastern region would fare better in a different country devoid of Northerners but played the bigger fool for bringing war to his own with little or no preparation. At the end of the day, five bullets per soldier was all the new Biafra could afford. Food supplied were well stashed and shared among Biafran generals after the Nigerian force had cut of the supply from PH.

Sadly, the then Biafra could afford war mercenaries from Belgium and a handful of other countries while its children starved to death. At the very end, he fled, leaving Effiong as the C-I-C who later surrendered.

Oh, just so you know, Britain and the United States fought against Biafra, contrary to your assertion.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Icon79(m): 7:40pm On Aug 04, 2017
With all due respect to the children of Afonja, there is more bravery in General Chukwuemaka Odumegwu Ojukwu's pinky finger than in all the Yoruba leader's combined. It is a well known fact that the Yoruba's including their so called crying Generals are the most cowardly people in Nigeria.

That's an undisputed fact.

O pari
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by RoyalUc(m): 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
attackgat:

You are making a mistake, Hittler fought a war of agression to create a German empire. When Germany was about to lose the war, he shot himself. Hittler had no other choice. There was no country he could have gone to and the world would not have been looking for him. Mussolini was captured and killed as he tried to escape. These men did not give their life ti anything, death was their way out of a tight situation

Ojukwu on the other hand flew into exile, was warmly recieved. While in exile, he became an international business man and travelled all over Europe and America a free man except in Nigeria

Effiong had nothing to fear, he called for a cease fire to armed struggle. He was just no 2 man and and not hated as much as Ojukwu. Effiong contacted Obasunjo and told him they were ready to throw in the towel and that was it. If Ojukwu had done that, he would have faced firing squad.

Onwuatuegwu was just someone who refused to accept that the war was over. He should have melted into the bushes and reappared when the coast was clear just like other Biafran commanders did. But he had other plans.

Heroes fight for their cause, but if that cause is facing certain defeat, there is no point throwing ones life away if it will make no difference.

In my opinion then, Onwuatuegwu is the legend and hero of Biafra.

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by andyanders: 7:41pm On Aug 04, 2017
fk001:

That is what Nnamdi Kanu must face if he happens to pass death.
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Jaideyone(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Yungknyyght:

You are a he-goat...I'm igbo and I don't regard ojukwu as a great person,all he did was for his personal interest..you don't have to insult a whole tribe cus you are trying to make a silly point
mor0n and you were ib coma when your fellow drug mules mentioned Abiola right?

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
zoedew:

Don't you get! His sense of reasoning having been beclouded by ethnic bigotry and tendency to hate speech assumed you were Yoruba and set up Awolowo as a suicide.
Leave them that's how they are, they always think Yoruba are their number one enemies, they don't know they are the enemy of themselves

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Jaideyone(m): 7:43pm On Aug 04, 2017
Melodyz:

Ur foolishness is overwhelming
get lost drug mule

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
chichijas:

you are being plain dishonest. the guy never are allude to any notion to do with gowon.

he made a statement that requires more interrogation to make sure that you are not moving out of line with his thinking.

i suggest he is referring to awolowo

ok now i code, but what bring Awolowo into the picture

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by baddosky1: 7:45pm On Aug 04, 2017
Thegamingorca:

Ur monkey shey grin

His son is collecting royal entitlements in Nnewi from his father's genocide....

Let's know if his son is not interested in dis new biafra...

what concerns awo's son with nnewi? undecided are you alright?

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
KemjikaEme:
This forum once used to be a huge inspiration and rich source of information but has slowly emerged as a platform where all sorts of Anti Igbo news and sentiments are dumped and celebrated by bigots and tribalists.

I've started avoiding this forum because it's nothing less than a moronic forum for lampooning a certain ethnic group who's only sin is her desire for self determination. It's safe to Say that the creator of Nairaland and it's stakeholders are party to this embarrasing display of ethnic slur and tribalism.

Bashing Igbos on daily basis has become a favourite pastime of youths that should otherwise look for ways of becoming better citizens of the world. No day goes by without 2 to 4 anti Igbo post geared at casting aspersions on Igbos.
This picture has been posted before, what's then is the essence of reposting it again?
I weep for this Nation! Why would one in his right senses agree to stay in a Country where the only interesting activity that binds her citizens is a mockery of Igbos.
Pathetic!

Hmmm... I can sense the emotion in this writeup.... Nairaland has lost it... Nairaland has been taken over by toddlers who no nothing bout history..
I'm Yoruba and truth be told the hatred against our Igbo brothers is sickening.... U have got a lot of Igbo friends we don't hate each but when I come on faceless fora as this I'm shocked at the hatred that goes on here...
God bless u my brother...
Re: Ojukwu With His Children While On Exile In Ivory Coast 1971 (Throwback Photo) by fk001(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2017
suremanpatriot:

wht sort of rubbish talk is this, you ppl are all ignoramus. Ironsi would been alive if he was as wise as Ojukwu.
wht of ibb why didn't he stay after annulment,do u call DT cowardice also?
if you aren't skilld in art of warfare u beta keep mute,because war is not for bloody civilians blabbing.

So you are still defending that fool, despite the fact he was responsible for the killing of millions of your grandparents

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Dog Joins Peter Obi Rally To Ward Off Bats In Lagos (Pictured) / Nigeria Police Accused Of Photoshopping This Picture / Designer Emeka Opara Measures Tinubu's Dress Size (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.