Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,926 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (379326 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 8:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
Yeeeeeeh!...So happy for u bro...congrats!

Thank.you

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
pretty16:

Wow. Are u for real? You sure say I no go opt out at this rate? I no wait again ooo. Will tell my mom to opt out..
Madam opt out shaparly...No time. It appears F1 gonna get stuck for d rest of d year. We can't wait to celebrate with u too...

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 8:38pm On Jun 01, 2018
jwinters:
Also how did you get approval from DHS? Did you write them separately?

I'm yet to get a written approval from dhs. Yes I wrote to them separately. Was told on the phone I'll get a response soon.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
pretty16:

Aye me ooo. I am opting out ooo. My PD is July 21st and I was originally on F2B. They changed me to F1 in Feb 2017. OMG what do I do now? So confused.
U are still asking what u gonna do?...Lol...Tj28 got his IL even when they already passed his PD in F2B.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
Congrats...Good news everywhere...for ur BC,...Go to 12-14 Babs animashaun street, Surulere Opposite rita lori hotel. But firstly, U need to get declaration of age at high court Ikeja, Then you take d declaration of age to Surulere with 2passport photo to get ur birth certificate. It takes 2weeks max to be ready for collection...1k5 for declaration and 5k for birth cert (depends on how urgent u want it)...Call dis number when u get to high court...08087..208934(Mr. David) and dis at Surulere 080236..28644(Mrs. Bayekusi)...They will help u out...Good luck

Thanks so much bro for ur well detailed explanations... Really appreciate.

Will work on this

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:46pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Will work on this
U welcome Bro...

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:55pm On Jun 01, 2018
tj28:

I'm yet to get a written approval from dhs. Yes I wrote to them separately. Was told on the phone I'll get a response soon.
But wait o, with d look of things, since u are yet to get approval from DHS and considering d fact that u have just 17days for ur PD to be current under F1, I think u actually got ur IL due to fact that d next bulletin is gonna Fall on or move pass ur PD under F1...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 9:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
But wait o, with d look of things, since u are yet to get approval from DHS and considering d fact that u have just 17days for ur PD to be current under F1, I think u actually got ur IL due to fact that d next bulletin is gonna Fall on or move pass ur PD...

I dont think so. Nvc already told me a few days ago when I called that my category is now f2b and visa number was available. They were only waiting for interview slots from lagos.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:12pm On Jun 01, 2018
tj28:

I dont think so. Nvc already told me a few days ago when I called that my category is now f2b and visa number was available. They were only waiting for interview slots from lagos.
Wow!...U were lucky...u opted out when they were waiting for slot. So they kuku include ur case and gave u a slot when they finally got it. Congrats once more.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 9:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
Wow!...U were lucky...u opted out when they were waiting for slot. So they kuku include ur case and gave u a slot when they finally got it. Congrats once more.

Thank you very much. I pray everything else go smooth. Think it through, make your decision and go for it. Let me know if I can help in anyway.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
U are still asking what u gonna do?...Lol...Tj28 got his IL even when they already passed his PD in F2B.

You don't have to tell me twice. I am opting out my brother. I cannot shout. My case is already current with the next bulletin coming out under F2B. This ain't funny at all. I for jejely dey my F2B ooo. I for don receive my IL today ooo. Fear of the Unknown Na him put person for this situation.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2018
pretty16:

You don't have to tell me twice. I am opting out my brother. I cannot shout. My case is already current with the next bulletin coming out under F2B. This ain't funny at all. I for jejely dey my F2B ooo. I for don receive my IL today ooo. Fear of the Unknown Na him put person for this situation.
Yeah that's life...fear of the unknown...u don't know what's next.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:39pm On Jun 01, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Will work on this
Lest I forget...U need a valid ID at Surulere (photocopy of either Driver's licence, Intl passport, national ID).

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:40pm On Jun 01, 2018
Oladeep:
Yeah that's life...fear of the unknown...u don't know what next.

I should have listened to my mum when she wanted to write them 2months ago. Well no wahala. God is in control. Never too late to write.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:47pm On Jun 01, 2018
pretty16:

I should have listened to my mum when she wanted to write them 2months ago. Well no wahala. God is in control. Never too late to write.
Madam, even if u had written to them in d last two months, It won't still change anything considering d fact that they have not Reached ur PD in F2B even till now. I believe now is d right time for u so don't dull...do d needful asap.

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2018
My dear, go on and have a shot at opting out. It's your right. You shouldn't be disadvantaged because your mum became a citizen; it should be an advantage. You can sort this out in less than 2weeks. Write to NVC and get their approval. After that you will write the DHS office in Ghana. They will request for your passport data page and a letter written and signed by you indicating that you are not married and have never been married. Normally approval comes within 5days. That's all. If the consulate doesn't invite you when your date PD is current simply mail the NVC and DHS approval letters to them and that's all.
There is no risk associated with this process; at worst it will be turned down (this is very rare).
Best wishes.
By the way, I have being in the US since 19th May.

pretty16:

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 12:15am On Jun 02, 2018
Stancima:
My dear, go on and have a shot at opting out. It's your right. You shouldn't be disadvantaged because your mum became a citizen; it should be an advantage. You can sort this out in less than 2weeks. Write to NVC and get their approval. After that you will write the DHS office in Ghana. They will request for your passport data page and a letter written and signed by you indicating that you are not married and have never been married. Normally approval comes within 5days. That's all. If the consulate doesn't invite you when your date PD is current simply mail the NVC and DHS approval letters to them and that's all.
There is no risk associated with this process; at worst it will be turned down (this is very rare).
Best wishes.

Oh wow! Nice one Stancima. POE must have been a breeze right? Why did you say DHS Ghana?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 12:56am On Jun 02, 2018
Stancima:
Best wishes.

Thank God for journey mercies...Welcome to America.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 1:24am On Jun 02, 2018
Where's Seun9090?...She needs to opt out too. Her PD is May...She will definitely get a slot next month if she does.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 2:42am On Jun 02, 2018
The Ghana office is in charge of West Africa.
No problems at all at the POE.

pretty16:

Oh wow! Nice one Stancima. POE must have been a breeze right? Why did you say DHS Ghana?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 2:42am On Jun 02, 2018
Thanks bro.

Oladeep:
Thank God for journey mercies...Welcome to America.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by jwinters: 4:37am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
Madam, even if u had written to them in d last two months, It won't still change anything considering d fact that they have not Reached ur PD in F2B even till now. I believe now is d right time for u so don't dull...do d needful asap.
So you have to reach your priority date in F2b before you can write NVC to opt from F1
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 5:12am On Jun 02, 2018
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 6:42am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
I thought u said earlier that they have passed her PD.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 7:41am On Jun 02, 2018
seun9090:

Oladeep, am here oh, seriously have been here thinking trying to make a decision.
Congrats tj28.

Thank you. Is your priority date current now under f2b category? I was worried also but the approval from nvc came in 12days. I am yet to get the response from dhs Ghana but I should before my interview on the 3rd.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 8:54am On Jun 02, 2018
jwinters:

So you have to reach your priority date in F2b before you can write NVC to opt from F1
Nope...It is advisable one should opt out before ones PD gets current. Pretty16 PD is July and F2B is still in June, so there's probability that if she had opted out 2 months ago she still won't get an IL up till now. so I believe now is a perfect timing for her and d next VB might probably make her current under F2B.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:00am On Jun 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

I thought u said earlier that they have passed her PD.
Nah they have not. Her PD is July...I was referring to Tj28 and Seun9090.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:05am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:

Are u for real? Didn't you see Fayose4presdent got his interview letter yesterday and his PD is 24th of July. My own Na 21st of the same month which means this bulletin coming out will see F2B move by 6weeks if not more. So if I had written and it got approved I would have also received my I.L yesterday.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 9:10am On Jun 02, 2018
pretty16:

Are u for real? Didn't you see Fayose4presdent got his interview letter yesterday and his PD is 24th of July. My own Na 21st of the same month which means this bulletin coming out will see F2B move by 6weeks if not more. So if I had written and it got approved I would have also received my I.L yesterday.
Read his comment well...July 24 is his interview date not his PD.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:17am On Jun 02, 2018
tj28:

Thank you. Is your priority date current now under f2b category? I was worried also but the approval from nvc came in 12days. I am yet to get the response from dhs Ghana but I should before my interview on the 3rd.

Pls what's the format and email for writing the DHS in Ghana?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 9:19am On Jun 02, 2018
Stancima:
The Ghana office is in charge of West Africa.
No problems at all at the POE.

At Stancima pls what's the format and email to write to the Ghana DHS ?and do I have to wait for NVC approval to come first before writing them?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
Nah they have not. Her PD is July...I was referring to Tj28 and Seun9090.
Nope.. U said long time ago. But it's OK.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.