Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,734 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. (379276 Views)

Nvc Processing / Case Complete At NVC For IR1/CR1 Immigrant Visa / Photo Of Overspeeding Car That Flew Into The 2nd Floor Of A Building In The U.S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (179) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:11am On Jun 02, 2018
@Fayose4Presdent pls what's your Priority Date?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:31am On Jun 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Nope.. U said long time ago. But it's OK.
I didn't and if u insist, please kindly quote where I did...
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 11:08am On Jun 02, 2018
pretty16:

Pls what's the format and email for writing the DHS in Ghana?
[quote author=pretty16 post=68105243]

The letter will be written by you (the beneficiary) addressed to the field office director.

Mention you're the principal beneficiary and your case was filed under f2b category but was later converted to f1 upon naturalization of your petitioner.

Mention that the bulletin is not favorable to you as f1 has not moved in months and f2b is close to your priority. So you want to opt out of f1 and back to f2b. You want to do that in line with the provision made under section 6 of cspa.

I quoted this section 6 of the cspa
CSPA
“If your LPR parent filed a Form I-130 for you as an unmarried son or daughter (second preference classification) and then your parent became a U.S. citizen, you normally would automatically convert to a first preference classification as the unmarried son or daughter of a U.S. citizen (F1). However, you may choose to opt out of the automatic conversion and stay in second preference classification (F2B) if the waiting time for the second preference visa is shorter than the waiting time for the first preference visa. You may check the Visa Bulletin to see if opting out of automatic conversion may result in a shorter waiting time for you.”

Attach the following
1. Notice of Action: the one the reflects you were originally F2b Category
2. Certificate of Naturalization of Sponsor
3. Biographic page of my passport

Name of Principal Applicant –
Principal Applicant's Date of Birth –
Name of Petitioner –
Petitioner's Date of Birth –
USCIS Receipt Number-
NVC Case Number –
Email address -

Details of Ghana dhs

Fatou Sidibe, Field Office Director

Email (preferable for case-specific inquiries)

uscis.accra@uscis.dhs.gov

Please do not include attachments or images in your email unless we have requested them from you.

Phone

(233-302) 741-000 extension 1730 (from within Ghana)
011 (233-302) 741-000 extension 1730 (from the United States)

Fax

(233) 302 741-455 (from within Ghana)
011 (233) 302 741-455 (from the United States)

Mailing Address from the United States

Field Office Director
Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
American Embassy
Department of State
2020 Accra Place
Washington, D.C. 20521-2020

Mailing Address from Outside the United States

Field Office Director
American Embassy
P.O. Box 194
24 Fourth Circular Road
East Cantonments
Accra, Ghana

Express Mail Address

Field Office Director
American Embassy
24 Fourth Circular Road
East Cantonments
Accra, Ghana

6 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 11:15am On Jun 02, 2018
I sent my letter through post because they don't open attachments in email. And then I emailed. I didn't wait for response from nvc. I sent the letter before nvc approved. I used the express mail address. And I called to confirm they got it.
Maybe @stacima has other ideas.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 11:15am On Jun 02, 2018
Stancima:
The Ghana office is in charge of West Africa.
No problems at all at the POE.

@ Stancima am I suppose to write them or my mom. My mom has already written NVC. Then are we suppose to wait to hear from NVC first before writing DHS.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 11:19am On Jun 02, 2018
pretty16:
@Fayose4Presdent pls what's your Priority Date?

Ist June 2017......

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 11:20am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
Read his comment well...July 24 is his interview date not his PD.

U right Bro

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jun 02, 2018
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 11:30am On Jun 02, 2018
seun9090:

The current June bulletin for f2b has passed my pd by over one month and I have a sibling who is vehemently refusing to opt out.
I can't decide to opt out alone.

Oh ok. You might want to convince. Like @stancima wrote, I don't think you have anything to lose. Its either they approve or not. It doesn't slow down your process in anyway. That's my opinion though
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2018
seun9090:

The current June bulletin for f2b has passed my pd by over one month and I have a sibling who is vehemently refusing to opt out.
I can't decide to opt out alone.
With d look of things, I will advise u to opt out and see how it goes. I believe u would get any available slot if u successfully opted out since ur PD is overdue already under d new category. 6 weeks might drag through d remaining fiscal year and take u to 2019 but if u aren't in a hurry to travel, u might as well be patient. Just follow ur instinct sha!

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 11:53am On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
I didn't and if u insist, please kindly quote where I did...
Let it slide..
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:58am On Jun 02, 2018
Elfmannisback:

Let it slide..
Ok Bro!
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Ist June 2017......

Oh ok. Oladeep was right. I thought it was July 24th, not knowing that's your interview date. The current bulletin is June 22 2011. Wonder if F2B moved this month, will have to find out. Any case we just wrote NVC. Will write DHS too. U guys should wish me luck. Na me remain ooo.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 2:43pm On Jun 02, 2018
seun9090:

My brother, why won't I be in a hurry?
I just asked for copies of documents from my oga at the top, like the copy of naturalisation of sponsor, everything has previously been done on our behalf, all we get is mails. And have been asked to stay put and since my oga at the top has spoken have got no choice than to wait until F1 decides to come through for me.
Thanks bro, All the best in your interview
In this case, d situation is understandable...Patience is virtue. Ur time will surely come

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2018
pretty16:

Oh ok. Oladeep was right. I thought it was July 24th, not knowing that's your interview date. The current bulletin is June 22 2011. Wonder if F2B moved this month, will have to find out. Any case we just wrote NVC. Will write DHS too. U guys should wish me luck. Na me remain ooo.
We can't wait to celebrate with u as d pioneer of dis thread...Good luck

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 2:53pm On Jun 02, 2018
Oladeep:
We can't wait to celebrate with u as d pioneer of dis thread...Good luck

Thank you so much Oladeep. God is in control.

3 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2018
[quote author

4 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2018
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 5:27pm On Jun 02, 2018
seun9090:

All the best sis

Thank you Seun9090
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Stancima(m): 5:24am On Jun 06, 2018
Sorry my reply is belated.
I initiated my opt out and followed it up to completion without my mother's involvement. I also used a single application to effect the opt out for my siblings. All I did was to get a consent letter from them stating that I had their permission to opt them out as well.
You don't need to write the DHS until you get a response from the NVC. The process was simple and straightforward in my own case and I presume it's same for most applications.

pretty16:

@ Stancima am I suppose to write them or my mom. My mom has already written NVC. Then are we suppose to wait to hear from NVC first before writing DHS.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:36am On Jun 06, 2018
Ok. Did u get a response from NVC that you have been converted to F2B or did they first write that they have received your letter and it's under review.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 6:38am On Jun 06, 2018
tj28:

Oh ok. You might want to convince. Like @stancima wrote, I don't think you have anything to lose. Its either they approve or not. It doesn't slow down your process in anyway. That's my opinion though

@tj28, Did u get a response from NVC that you have been converted to F2B or did they first write that they have received your letter and it's under review.
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by tj28: 8:58am On Jun 06, 2018
The only email I got from nvc concerning opt out was that I should get in touch with dhs and indicate the benefit of opt out bla bla. At the footer of the email my category had changed to f2b. I never got anything like under review
However I didn't write a letter. I used
https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php
There's option of opt out where you have "your question"
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by pretty16(f): 10:42am On Jun 06, 2018
tj28:
The only email I got from nvc concerning opt out was that I should get in touch with dhs and indicate the benefit of opt out bla bla. At the footer of the email my category had changed to f2b. I never got anything like under review
However I didn't write a letter. I used
https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php
There's option of opt out where you have "your question"

Oh ok. Thanks for the quick reply.

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2018
Medicals done...Used Qlife and paid 78125..

Pls for those that has passed this stage, Is the follow up immunization said to cost 19k very much important before the interview date?

1 Like

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 10:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Pls for those that has passed this stage, Is the follow up immunization said to cost 19k very much important before the interview date?
Not important I think, they already gave u the ones they know are necessary and u have been charged accordingly. The last one is optional , If u like u can go back there to get d last one before ur departure.

2 Likes

Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:26am On Jun 09, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Have u gone for ur NPC birth cert?
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 11:30am On Jun 09, 2018
Oladeep:
Not important I think, they already gave u the ones they know are necessary and u have been charged accordingly. The last one is optional , If u like u can go back there to get d last one before ur departure.

OK thanks
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Fayose4Presdent: 11:35am On Jun 09, 2018
Oladeep:
Have u gone for ur NPC birth cert?

Not yet Bro.. Will do that anytime this coming week
Re: At The NVC Processing Stage Of The U. S Family Based Preference Category. by Oladeep: 11:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Fayose4Presdent:

Not yet Bro.. Will do that anytime this coming week
Alright...U still have plenty time sha.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (179) (Reply)

Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23 / DV 2014 Winners Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.