Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Welcome To My House - Properties (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45497 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:59pm On May 17, 2010
yea yeas all in ths house say yeah yeah. the big pumpin is in the house. after too soo many po po po por champgne. enuf star , shepe, in the system anyway today bin busy left lagos yesterday night at 11pm, got to manchester today at 8:20 dashed home from the airport, dropped my bags and straight off to work and then just got home, demolished a largse size pizza from dominoes and hollandia youghurt as i carry 3cartoon come and also 3 giant bottles of groundnut bad belle people make i bottle break but mba i no gree i pack am put for inside plate. lol

well my trip was fu, saw a few people and wasnt able to see some, saw some but only for less than 5mins i do apologise. i will dedicate my july visit to your guys.

first few weks in lagos. all my neighbours happy, uncle jide, bro jide right from gate ooo. lol. dispensed all the goodies i brought for all the kids in the compound including the adults. thanks to asda. lol.

bought petrol but first 2weeks nepa was fantaboulousiticallymiraculosulykudosful that is to say light was great, no dey blink at all and even f it does just by the time you count 1-2 them don bring am back, very full current BUT 3rd week dem show pepper no be small, light no dey even show at all, just flashing ti and take it again. spent much on fuel and wasnt happy.

gave mu aboki money to busy soap and wash my clothes for me as i cant waer 1 cloth twice, the girl never returns my change so i have learnt anything you send aboki message always give them approximate money especially since i am friendly with all.

yes also beware of drunk drivers in lagos. i was in pako busstop in bariga before unilag gate, on sunday this drunk idiot waited for me to make uturn after which he just ran into the back of my neighbours hyundai sonata of which say the bumper na plastic as it was me driving and lagos boy, the guy just siddon inside mottor, i take slap remove am from driviers seat. to cut long story short i collect 8k from the guy that night, mopol for my guy bank collect , boys wey intervene collect, everybody drink beer, person wey get motor collect share me sef pocket the rest. hmm na wao see as we just share 8k and th bumper for the car na 30k of which very scare, well next day panel beater was able to patch it up. lol. welcome to lagos. either you bash or be bashed.

water erm er erm it was good throughout . no complaints.

road na wao i couldnt beliee the road each compound agrd t pay 30k which is 5k per flat the landlords are now trying to make a u turn saying 5k per compound whih is not even enough to start work. . well my landlord na correct guy, blasted all f them from the oldest to the youngest. lol. so we still dey manage our old road like dat.

police dem dey fear me.

lastma hmmm bad news, very idiotic people collected 2500 from me just becos i make mistake around oregun trying to get to ojota but was on the wrong lane by the traffic light hence i caysed build up of trafic. dem guy na craze.

henhen before i forget. gave my keys to my aboki only for me to come back and find out that the key to my sliding door has been removed from the bunch of keys, sarpmsharp i go buy padlock and chain to de secure my buglary proof. ole barawo. and also one of the teenager son of my neighbours do mistake carry my only and one better jeans wey i get inside their house come talk say hum think say na im papa get the jeans.
also one of the the female neighbours is geting married today so the flat beside me is now 5irls and no longer six. lol.

final jist. landlord wife wen i was going yesterday say uncle jide are you going i said yes she said eyaaa i thougt me and you would have gone to the neighbours wedding ooo. . i tell am say make she no allow oga landlord hear ooo,make he for no increase my rent for trespassing. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:44pm On May 17, 2010
i hope this post wont disappear(we are in the era o magic)

hurray,
WTMH is back and better

talking about the pros and cons of living with the landlord.is there any pros living with ur L.L,i dont think so,they are just like any other tenant thats my only pros for them but the cons after my some gist with my collegues is that their gates are closed earlier than you can imagine often time they want your wife to sweep/clean the compound not minding her kind of profession(efry woman supose b housewife).finally,you play exactly by their rules and regulations.
How do you tackle this(masky suppose gist us on how to do this,he has tasted both world).Politely ask him to spell out his DOs and DONTs and politely reject those that are not going to be ok with you.Imagine a L.L telling you not to pray in the mid nite as long as you stay in his house on the guise that xtians are hypocrites(this actually happend to a friend).
Bros wish you blisful stay in lagos.

Axey
how the rain for area?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:54pm On May 17, 2010
@kingboy

hmmm na wao i don make like 2 post but dey just dey dissapear. jare. rain ke i don land come back my base for manchester jare. as the hustle continues. oooo. me i no dey worry at all sef very soon all man go begin use flying boat or canoe. lol. ow the weekend.
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 8:55pm On May 17, 2010
Hello my people. Been a while now that I was last here. Masky, Ice, Ijoseda, Axeman, Kingboy, all others, I throway salute. You guys have been awesome. I can see you've been keeping things rolling here.

The issue of landlords and landladies stole my attention. You know, staying in the same house with them could be a blessing as well as a curse. It depends on how 'lucky' you are. My family and I stayed with our landlady in our former house, and I tell you, it was hell. The woman practically manipulated and controllled everyone around her, from her children to her tenants, and even other people around. She refused to allow us hold house fellowship in our part of the duplex, cos, according to her, 'it disturbed her system'. She forced herself into the house of those living in the BQ, physically assaulting the occupant, cos, again according to her, the woman's prayers were too dangerous, and as such, she wasn't comfortable. She laid rules as she liked, and of course, was the only one who could break those same rules as she pleased. When we eventually moved out, it was the biggest of relief.

On the other hand, where we live now, there's been peace. Another landlady here, but one with the fear of God. Very nice, and above all, she minds her business. We really feel blessed and pray that we would be not be tyrants to our own tenants in the near future.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:03am On May 18, 2010
na wa for disappearing posts o!

@K2: my mama pikin no dey come last - patapata e go draw. we dey soji well well na. na for night the tin hook me. who i bin wan call for that time of the night. at least make i see whether dem don steal my cutout (it's happened before). by the way, half current still yapa (masky, come carry the pikins wey una witches born, and no carry the time i pursue them commot for our transformer!)

@axey: pele. chei. eligible sisters in your compound don dey reduce. eeya. good to know ur journey back went well (i'm referring to the disappeared post).

Bisowo:

The issue of landlords and landladies stole my attention. You know, staying in the same house with them could be a blessing as well as a curse. It depends on how 'lucky' you are. My family and I stayed with our landlady in our former house, and I tell you, it was hell. The woman practically manipulated and controllled everyone around her, from her children to her tenants, and even other people around. She refused to allow us hold house fellowship in our part of the duplex, cos, according to her, 'it disturbed her system'. She forced herself into the house of those living in the BQ, physically assaulting the occupant, cos, again according to her, the woman's prayers were too dangerous, and as such, she wasn't comfortable. She laid rules as she liked, and of course, was the only one who could break those same rules as she pleased. When we eventually moved out, it was the biggest of relief.

ROFLMAO!! Iya Aje!! grin grin. Why she no fire retaliatory prayer? Me sef join for the relief say una don pack commot.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 11:46am On May 18, 2010
yea yeas all in ths house say yeah yeah. the big pumpin is in the house. after too soo many po po po por champgne. enuf star , shepe, in the system anyway today bin busy left lagos yesterday night at 11pm, got to manchester today at 8:20 dashed home from the airport, dropped my bags and straight off to work and then just got home, demolished a largse size pizza from dominoes and hollandia youghurt as i carry 3cartoon come and also 3 giant bottles of groundnut bad belle people make i bottle break but mba i no gree i pack am put for inside plate. lol

well my trip was fu, saw a few people and wasnt able to see some, saw some but only for less than 5mins i do apologise. i will dedicate my july visit to your guys.

first few weks in lagos. all my neighbours happy, uncle jide, bro jide right from gate ooo. lol. dispensed all the goodies i brought for all the kids in the compound including the adults. thanks to asda. lol.

bought petrol but first 2weeks nepa was fantaboulousiticallymiraculosulykudosful that is to say light was great, no dey blink at all and even f it does just by the time you count 1-2 them don bring am back, very full current BUT 3rd week dem show pepper no be small, light no dey even show at all, just flashing ti and take it again. spent much on fuel and wasnt happy.

gave mu aboki money to busy soap and wash my clothes for me as i cant waer 1 cloth twice, the girl never returns my change so i have learnt anything you send aboki message always give them approximate money especially since i am friendly with all.

yes also beware of drunk drivers in lagos. i was in pako busstop in bariga before unilag gate, on sunday this drunk idiot waited for me to make uturn after which he just ran into the back of my neighbours hyundai sonata of which say the bumper na plastic as it was me driving and lagos boy, the guy just siddon inside mottor, i take slap remove am from driviers seat. to cut long story short i collect 8k from the guy that night, mopol for my guy bank collect , boys wey intervene collect, everybody drink beer, person wey get motor collect share me sef pocket the rest. hmm na wao see as we just share 8k and th bumper for the car na 30k of which very scare, well next day panel beater was able to patch it up. lol. welcome to lagos. either you bash or be bashed.

water erm er erm it was good throughout . no complaints.

road na wao i couldnt beliee the road each compound agrd t pay 30k which is 5k per flat the landlords are now trying to make a u turn saying 5k per compound whih is not even enough to start work. . well my landlord na correct guy, blasted all f them from the oldest to the youngest. lol. so we still dey manage our old road like dat.

police dem dey fear me.

lastma hmmm bad news, very idiotic people collected 2500 from me just becos i make mistake around oregun trying to get to ojota but was on the wrong lane by the traffic light hence i caysed build up of trafic. dem guy na craze.

henhen before i forget. gave my keys to my aboki only for me to come back and find out that the key to my sliding door has been removed from the bunch of keys, sarpmsharp i go buy padlock and chain to de secure my buglary proof. ole barawo. and also one of the teenager son of my neighbours do mistake carry my only and one better jeans wey i get inside their house come talk say hum think say na im papa get the jeans.
also one of the the female neighbours is geting married today so the flat beside me is now 5irls and no longer six. lol.

final jist. landlord wife wen i was going yesterday say uncle jide are you going i said yes she said eyaaa i thougt me and you would have gone to the neighbours wedding ooo. . i tell am say make she no allow oga landlord hear ooo,make he for no increase my rent for trespassing. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 11:47am On May 18, 2010
i don repost my journey details and hopefully it wont dissapear again oo.

@icey
abi oo wetin i for do na. anyway sha they are still remaining a few so hopefully they wont be getting married sooner. lol.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 11:50am On May 18, 2010
@axeybaba,
how mama charlie na?
chei, the woman no wan give charlie chance. na wa o! thank God for journey mercies back to your base. cheers bro!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 12:59pm On May 18, 2010
ijoseda:

@axeybaba,
how mama charlie na?
chei, the woman no wan give charlie chance. na wa o! thank God for journey mercies back to your base. cheers bro!

iya charlie bawooo. me and mama charlie no family at all ooo, infact na make things just arrange well for me make me and jonathan dey relate ooo. abeg. back to my usual boring routine of work and home jare. anyway sha go enter naija again by july sha. i hear say u don arrange new place, which side for lagos abi na still gbagada u still go ?
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 2:00pm On May 18, 2010
@axey

wetin mama charlie do you na?

got a place in gbagada o, its a nice place sha. one of the estates. moving to lagos in july too. chop the life bro!
Re: Welcome To My House by member65: 3:03pm On May 18, 2010
@Axeman, Na Jonathan dey reign now. Hopefully somebodi fit connect person. My land wey dem don sit on for 2yrs now for Abuja nothing show.hopefully dem never reallocate am to another person make money no enter bush o.
Ebele Jonathan, use yua mighty power and removal the enemies on my land by faya by force. ise
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 5:51pm On May 18, 2010
axey
u comot for area and u no tell man,anyway tell iya charlie say i throw way salute oooo.

ijoseda
congrats on your new apartment,i hope say madam like am oooo,cos na dem get house

bisowo
all i have to say is hmmmmmm"some tenants do have them"
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:41pm On May 18, 2010
guys
how do parent study without their wards disturbing,
helppppppppp, im writing an exam next week and still not ready
Re: Welcome To My House by K2: 7:49pm On May 18, 2010
@Kingboy, Some suggestions: plan your time, let hubby help out with the kids(hopefully you've helped hubby out in the past), feed them and put them to bed early. Your routine, the age of the kids, would help us give more precise solutions.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 10:12pm On May 18, 2010
@ijoseda.

congrats ooo, na gbagda phase1 abi 2 abi na atunrase estate or medina estate ? these past few weeks they has been go slow before you get to anthony oo, but nevertheless am sure u will enjoy the area, congrats again.

@kingboy

no be so jare my work don dey give me serious wahala say make i produce sick note after the 8th day so man gast to run back put things back in order ooo but i go dey country again by july so we go definately hook up then.

as per the kids, put small valium 5 inside hollandia youghur. believe me it works like magic. lol grin

no say na for my mouth you hear am sha ooo. lol

@masky

masky baba the only confirmed landlord who lives amongst the midst of highly placed, sophisticated member of WTMH. .
i jst dey greet you oo but neverteless i no frget the hhouse lauching parrie wey u wan arrange for ya people ooo.
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 7:57am On May 19, 2010
valium keeeeeee,u wan kil mi,no way,

i have decided to stay back for some hours in the office at least it worked wella yesterday

All
have a blezd day in 9ja,the state,u.k.japan,israel,australia,
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 2:40pm On May 19, 2010
Hi all
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:11pm On May 19, 2010
FunmyKemmy:

Hi all

hello and welcome to WTMH. hope you have fun and find it interesting on here as we have all done and currently doing. do enjoy whats left of your week. regards.
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:02pm On May 20, 2010
Thanks axeman85.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 20, 2010
@ funmykemmy: Welcome to WTMH. Oya give us gist. we dey wait cheesy

@ lawyer/moderator/spambot: abeg help us unblock abi na un-ban axeman o! whatever offence he committed wasn't intentional i'm sure cry cry
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 5:42pm On May 20, 2010
@icey

thanks jare i had to go to the top to get unbanned from the Nairalander himself. grin
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:56am On May 21, 2010
no mind masky. masky wan escape wetin im suppose do.

welcome back o jare! e be like say this mr spambot suppose be chief security officer for US - to fish out all those confirmed, suspected and imagined terrorists tongue
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 11:09am On May 21, 2010
@icey

thanks jare my sister. no mind masky jare. anyway sure say all of una dey look 4ward to the weekend. anyway make una enjoy am well well. happy jimoh to all the muslim bro and sis in the house.
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 5:20pm On May 21, 2010

Thank you.

Gist

No water, electricity in my area.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:37pm On May 21, 2010
FunmyKemmy:

Thank you.

Gist

No water, electricity in my area.

henhen this jist is incomplete, which area do you live, how is your landlord or if you are a landlord or landlady urself. . we are waiting. traffic situation, neighbours.e.t.c
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 7:36pm On May 22, 2010
Guess you are all having a very good weekend as for me wekend is very megarly dulling, wish say i dey naija ooooo. anyway sha. happy weekend to all of una ooo.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 3:55am On May 24, 2010
Hi all,wlcm 2 d nu week.its goin 2 b a good one.hope d wknd was cool,
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 9:16am On May 24, 2010
A big amen to your prayer maskuraid.

Wishing you all a fun-filled day.
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:31am On May 24, 2010
FunmyKemmy:

A big amen to your prayer maskuraid.

Wishing you all a fun-filled day.

Amen to maskys prayer also BUT wait ooo funmykemmy your jist is incomplete oooo. we are waiting for the full info ooo.
regards to all on WTMH
Re: Welcome To My House by FunmyKemmy(f): 12:11pm On May 24, 2010
Alright, keep awaiting the full story.
Re: Welcome To My House by blacksta(m): 5:40pm On May 24, 2010
I see that this thread is mostly about people's accommodation woes in Nigeria - Are those living outside Nigeria allowed to post on this thread, unfortunately i doubt if many would have any accommodation woes such as broken pumps, Transformers and Mai guards disappearing after the first month lol.

Await a response
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 7:54pm On May 24, 2010
of course u are. it doesn't have to be all woes (it just so happens that the stories are mostly woeful grin grin). so just share whatever bro. u're welcome wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) ... (29) (Reply)

5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Boy who died In building Collapse Told His Mum He Didn’t Want To Go To School / Eko Atlantic Growth Continues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.