Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Welcome To My House - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Welcome To My House (45452 Views)

DIY Construction Of My House In PH. / The Lessons I Learnt While Building My House / The Finishing Of My House (Oluwa Champion) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:45am On Mar 05, 2010
@ ice

penthouses r closer to heaven so d breeze must be wow(i don't knw y churches have not taken note of dis fact grin),

as for d maiguard just play him for a fool b4 april, tell him yaradie wants to see all his fiiful,flenty flenty pipe hundred naira for any aboki dat shows up, he 'll disappear in a jiffy like ewedu lubricated amala down an ibadan man's thorat. grin grin

enjoy
Re: Welcome To My House by Bisowo(f): 11:43am On Mar 05, 2010
@ maskuraid: i live in the pent house, and there's gr8 ventilation, so the breeze is like WOW! grin grin unfortunately even that isn't enough for me sometimes, so i have to use dusting powder at night b4 i sleep.
enough igbadun for you this weekend. i feel you jare cool cool

@ Ice. You're enjoying o. Our apartment is downstairs, and here's one more reason why I hate this situation. The heat! Worse still there's no cross-ventilation in the living room. The bedrooms are a bit more bearable. I simply use DAMATOL powder, as that's way more effective than dusting powder, tho these days, with the advent of my precious inventer, I could do without.

iceblue:

oga lawyer tank you o! glad u enjoy the thread smiley smiley

@ maskuraid: i live in the pent house, and there's gr8 ventilation, so the breeze is like WOW! grin grin unfortunately even that isn't enough for me sometimes, so i have to use dusting powder at night b4 i sleep.
enough igbadun for you this weekend. i feel you jare cool cool

just when i was really beginning to enjoy our 3-month young mai-guard, the one who late last yr 'trafulled to see his fiiful' returned. not happy. this returnee's one lazy bum. infact your gist of them disappearing never to return gave me hope that the current one would stay a while longer.

My take on this is, pls don't take him back! Just tell him you'll call him whenever you need him. I tell you, these boys are silly! I'm even surprised at this lapse, cos they always seem to know stuff going on with their members. I bet they have a leader (al capone style), who directs all their activities, including regulating their employment status. I once saw one of our own former maiguard, who had told us he was 'trafuling' just days earlier, carrying people on okada .
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 05, 2010
i don't have a say bisowo. the caretaker or agent does the hiring/firing. maybe his venture into okada business didn't work out. who knows?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 2:04pm On Mar 05, 2010
abokis r probably diversifyin their economy, if d okada thingy doesnt work out, hello 'maiguarding' grin grin
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 6:23pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ all

nice peaceful weekend to y'all, do only those things u'd be able to 'share',

see ya, cool cool cool
Re: Welcome To My House by marvel10: 10:06am On Mar 07, 2010
Thanks, guys, about the day to day issues that you encounter. I am glad to have found info on inverters with agent's contact details. I am looking for a BQ/Chalet in GRA Ikeja, Shonibare Estate. I loathe the Island but feel that I might have better options for primary schoolds so my ad included Apapa, VI and Ikoyi. It would be nice to find information about top primary and nursery schools circa 09. I know about Grange in Ikeja and Coronas on the Island. Inverter would help me with light. No one is writing about Solar Power - is that now out of fashion? Can't that take care of bulbs?
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 6:37pm On Mar 07, 2010
@iceblue

well its a good area but in regards to the road when it rains , well there is no problem as the road is sloppy the rain basically washes down without holding up on the road. although its an exercise walking up up when going out as i dont have a car yet so have to walk up to get bike to main road. i dont always look forward to it but for now it has to be done.

water well thats the next step ooo since i am not in naija for now so not worrying but will definately be buying gorodome when next am home to store water so that the aboki gateman wont be keeping my change after fetching water for me. lol

my own aboi said he is from cameron but the guy sharp pass anything, every morning na so sos oga am fery fery to the exten that he was telling my neighbour that the tips he gets from me everyday sef is more than his salary. he speaks, english, hausa, and pidgin and always wants to learn new things. he can talk for the whole ogba. lol. by the way his name is ABACHA!!!!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 6:38pm On Mar 07, 2010
alo spoke to my neighbour on phone yesterday he said light has been worse since i left as before there used to be small light once in a while with very low current but now no light at all. am sure my generator will miss me no more 24hrs running. lol
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:15am On Mar 08, 2010
welcome 2 d nu week pples,

hope ur wknd was bam, as for me,i'm lookin forward to d next one, grin grin

nice day,
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:15am On Mar 08, 2010
axeman85:

alo spoke to my neighbour on phone yesterday he said light has been worse since i left as before there used to be small light once in a while with very low current but now no light at all. am sure my generator will miss me no more 24hrs running. lol

the low current situation was me this weekend!! and then the light went. maskuraid!! i hope u guys didn't perform exorcism on ur transformer and send the witches my way?!
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 9:31am On Mar 08, 2010
iceblue:

the low current situation was me this weekend!! and then the light went. maskuraid!! i hope u guys didn't perform exorcism on your transformer and send the witches my way?!

e yaa sorry ooo, i can understand because during my trip home then it was soo bad that when they bring the light its very full and i jump up and switch on the ac then gradually in less than 5mins the light has dropped to the very low that even to se with ligh is a problem, had to go and buy stabilizer for everythng in the house including microwaze sabilizer sef, ups, just of light issue, i just pray it gets better by the time am back bhome again. anyway i go buy tiger or small 15k gen wey i go dey use take sleep for night when the big one is off. 

@maskuraid

i like your style jare. good to hear your weekend was bam, mine sef just dey as e be as i dont do much apart from come home after work on saturday and watch movies throughout till monday afternoon 12pm then set out for my daily busineesss and skool activities. looking forward to the next weekend and next 6months as well.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 10:55am On Mar 08, 2010
@axeman

welcome to d club, after all man shall not live by work alone, wink

@ice

wat can i say, 'invasion of d transformer witches pt 1', u need to fight fire wit fire.contact me for details on combatin 'em, only for a nominal fee wink wink wink
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 4:50pm On Mar 08, 2010
no thanks. i'm sure they'll leave when they see there's no light to spoil grin grin.

where are our lekki people? how una dey prepare for rain? and how are you coping with the construction work at 1st roundabout? correct me if i'm wrong, but the work's been going on for at least a year now, what a bummer! cry cry
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 5:59pm On Mar 08, 2010
@iceblue

lekki ba wooo. dont even talk about that place again, while i was in naija in feb, i decided to go to a friends bach eve in badore and it was a night mare blieve me the length of time, we spent in traffic we would hav been to ibadan and back to lagos. it was horrendous. and even coming back nko, left the place i was in badore like 7am and didnt get to obalende till like 11/12am, only to find out that it was that useless bridge abi na toll gate dey cause traffic, imagine what traffic there will be when the bloddy thing is completed.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:10am On Mar 09, 2010
mornin pple

, sombodi berra flip d switch so we can have some rain,children are slowly bein roasted by this heat (unconfirmed n'paper reports o)lol.

if u live for lekki na ur fault grin,in d interim buy a boat!! m sure all dem lekki pples r moving to IGD real soon. aint no floodin strong enof cool cool cool.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 9:27am On Mar 11, 2010
somebody help!!!!!!!!!!

where's all ma pples? is it dt d rapture came and i was d 'only' righteous person? dd monday's 'flood' sweep everyone away leavin me d sole survivor up in here

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 10:17am On Mar 12, 2010
fabolous friday,

so glad ur r here again,

saturday(progress report, mayb a wedding)

but m still thrilled today's friday.

appi wknd pples cool cool
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 3:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
House i now have me water flowing in my apartment,the repairs took foreva but alas its working.the wahala of filling the entire house with water is gone.

Thank God is friday(TGIF),nothing much is happening with me except that i will be home baby sitting, wifey will be attending some political issues wetin man go do,

maskuraid, you are doing good, ice blue thanks for starting this thread.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2010
@kingboy

u finally confirmed m not d last person alive grin grin i was startin to go bonkers,HATE HOME ALONE

glad to hear u now have water,good to know we naija men can also be good on d homefront.

enjoy.

who knows where icey has gone son of man needs a chill wink wink
Re: Welcome To My House by axeman85(m): 8:53pm On Mar 13, 2010
@maskuraid only you no dey oo jare

my landlord sef just call me yesterday that landlord association want to repair the road in abi na on our street and each compound is 30k, so i have to pay 5k all these money wey person no plan but anyway sha at least dem go rake am repair the road so make i no complain much. smiley
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 15, 2010
my peoples no vex o! the work be as e get last week. my deadlines no gree me see road sef.

the rain was nice. it felt like the a/c was on (even tho there was no light grin )

@ kingboy: nothing do us. thanks for keeping it going wink

axeman85:

@maskuraid only you no dey oo jare

my landlord sef just call me yesterday that landlord association want to repair the road in abi na on our street and each compound is 30k, so i have to pay 5k all these money wey person no plan but anyway sha at least dem go rake am repair the road so make i no complain much. smiley

oh shucks. i like the idea, i just worry that all they're going to do is patch the road, or put some substandard surface filling/covering. the kind of money it takes to make good roads, they can't just do a collection for it.

my water tank got washed during the weekend (for a fee of course - N1000), somebody say halleluya!, but my bathroom water pipe is stil blocked. i know, i dey procrastinate too much. lemme call madam asap and ask for her plumber's number right now. no putting it off again!
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 10:04am On Mar 15, 2010
call ms. caretaker: done. yay! she says she'll find someone for me.

how was all your weekends? mine was too short.
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 1:50pm On Mar 15, 2010
weekend was short,as usual grin grin

great week!
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 6:06pm On Mar 15, 2010
masquerade, i feel you weekend was not short but was transformed to 24hrs.saturday was busy tending to 3 boys you can imagine daddy my brother this and that anyways wifey made up for the hard work while on sunday iwa sin church all through and woke up this morning and gues what its morning of another working week.

House do have a great working week
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 7:03am On Mar 16, 2010
@kingboy,

pele,anoda one will soon be around d corner wink

@all

my soak away seems to be givin signs of imminent explosion,whose responsibility is it to pay for d evacuation?mine or my landlord's
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:27am On Mar 16, 2010
we all signed a 'contract' before they gave the keys to the house, no? i think that this week, we should all wipe the dust off em and find out exactly what it says about such repairs. my guess, dear maskuraid, is that they will make you pay to have it evacuated (maybe not in so many words, but but the time it's becoming a health hazard, you'll be forced to deal with it yourself, and they're hoping that is what will happen).

i'm going to re-take a look at mine when i get home this evening - so help me God! I'll be sharing some of the owner vs. tenant responsibilities in there. hopefully i'll find a few loopholes i can exploit too.

Loved last night's rain. Finally brought my blanket out of storage. the rainy season seems to have started - unofficially. hope the kids in your neighbourhood are slowly returning to normal now?

marvel10:

Thanks, guys, about the day to day issues that you encounter. I am glad to have found info on inverters with agent's contact details. I am looking for a BQ/Chalet in GRA Ikeja, Shonibare Estate. I loathe the Island but feel that I might have better options for primary schoolds so my ad included Apapa, VI and Ikoyi. It would be nice to find information about top primary and nursery schools circa 09. I know about Grange in Ikeja and Coronas on the Island. Inverter would help me with light. No one is writing about Solar Power - is that now out of fashion? Can't that take care of bulbs?

so sorry this is eons late marvel10. very unlike me. my thoughts on getting a place: first up, your consideration should be where you work.

Apapa: perish the thought, unless you enjoy swimming, tanker-infested, logic-defying hold ups and mosquitoes.
VI: way better, if you can find a place not too close to the sea. the roads however aren't all as 'all that' as you'd imagine.
Ikoyi: same as VI, but only slightly worse. some areas are really cool sha.
Ikeja: nice. good luck with getting a place in shonibare estate (that has gotta be really hard). i like its proximity to maryland-ikorodu road so if you work on the island for example, it's comparatively easy to get to work ( ikorodu rd-western avenue-eko bridge-marina-VI)

Solar power isn't out of fashion. the ony prob we have with it is its affordability. but hey, if you can afford it, go for it by all means. the other problem of course is the amount of surface area you'd need to generate the amount of electricity sufficient for powering your equipment. have you seen the solar powered light bulbs around the secretariat in alausa? if it takes that much to power one bulb each, try to fathom how much you'd need to power say a fridge or a/c. i stand to be corrected though, and if anyone has space-realisitic solar options, pls do share.
Re: Welcome To My House by Nobody: 8:32am On Mar 16, 2010
oh and there are good primary schools in all those places you're considering. just ask people who live around there. what does circa 09 mean?
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 11:14am On Mar 16, 2010
@ice

i can't even rmba if my rent contract went into any specifics as per mega repairs like dat evacuation.cost wise its gonna be crazy cos no one is sharin it.i hope d landlord decides to go d 'siddon look' way sha.it means i'll simply buy gas masks for me and mine and count down d days until i move to my other place grin grin moral of d story is for son of man to look critically b4 signing from now onwards.

d rain was welcome.if not for one thing my father gave me a long time ago,i'd have bn soaked to my skin wink nofing do me sha,jump and pass.

@marvel
if u ave d luxury of decidin where u wanna live(i'm assumin money's no object),place of work shld b ur primary consideration.all other things will surely fall into place.note however dat dis is 'weird' advice comin from a guy who works on d island and lives in igando.NUFF SAID cool cool
Re: Welcome To My House by kingboy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 16, 2010
masquarede
i have hung/thrown my boot away i guess we are done with 3 boys and a girl by HIS grace sha

I read my agreement and it states that all internal repairs must be done by me and all external repairs like painting ,cracks,tenanment rate,roof leakage etc. But it is written in double bold black' the evacuation of septic '.

the thing is that when you call on them and they play the waiting game on you you will do it by force by fire(my take on this is you do the repairs/evacuation hold on to the invoice and wait until the day you are paying the rent)
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 1:42pm On Mar 16, 2010
@kingboy

as per thrown boots away,never say never o wink winkthese things happen.thanks for d heads up on d evacuation issue,we'll just see how dt plays out.
Re: Welcome To My House by ijoseda(m): 2:01pm On Mar 17, 2010
, chei i'm already in love with this thread. my current abode is in Port harcout city. i've been transfered to lagos. i'm to resume in july. is it too early to start looking for an accomodation now?
N.B i'll send in updates form PH too, with love cool
Re: Welcome To My House by maskuraid(m): 4:35pm On Mar 17, 2010
@ijoseda

welcome to lagos,there's alws room for one more hustler grin grin grin

situation reports say p/h is more expensive and recently more 'afghanistic' than lagos.is dt why u r bailin? shocked shocked

nothin do u sha,just make sure u bring some of the petro dollars for us here. wink

welcome to lagos bro!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

Nigerian Homes Made Of Plastic Bottles And Mud / 5 Cheapest Cities To Live In Nigeria / Price Of Pop Ceiling Material In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.