Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,943 members, 7,952,803 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:09 AM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21613 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 10:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
0hsisi:

many girls here will finish first degree,do masters,enter med school,start residency still no man has asked her nne how much? grin

It is not America and Sauron has it right down pat. Many of these girls have attitude problems. any girl i meet who is over 27 and still single - there must be some serious reason no guy has come to her yet.
I know an igbo girl here, she's going to be 30 in March . . . a full surgeon YET nobody, not even an unserious bedmate. It didnt take me too long to figure out why . . .

- she's not fine (lets call a spade a spade abeg)
- she's lazy when it comes to household skills . . . i cant marry a woman whose house is more untidy than mine and who expects me to cook for her because she's busy at work all the time.
- She's too pushy, we just met less than 2 weeks and suddenly she wants to be all clingy and already warning off other chics.

Women are their own worst enemies . . . there are times i wondered if i shld just have kept this chic at least to warm the bed and spend her money but i've gotten to the stage where games no longer interest me. Besides i have my sanity to protect and there are younger finer chics to invest in.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 12:07am On Feb 19, 2010
oyinda.:

lol
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/07/fashion/07campus.html

in the future, women will be the ones asking men out. most of the american couples i know, the girl asked the guy out. and we know they are usually ahead of us, trend wise wink

cant wait for that time to come, i have my list of what she will buy me sef, PS4, 120" OLED samsung TV to name a few grin grin

0hsisi:

Hmm
This America has done our girls many things
very few eligible men
I better train my girls to target and lock down a man when they're in their 3rd year in the university highest grin
many overgrown girls in this US of A
the thing fears me  grin
many girls here will finish first degree,do masters,enter med school,start residency still no man has asked her nne how much? grin

and whose fault is it? they think they are in america and are above all but when they strike 40, they start seeing the mirror clearly. remember, in the first place a man does want to get married if he can keep getting some, so when they are waiting for that knight in shinning armor to show up, they will keep donating their kongo to be shinned by these shoe markers lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 12:16am On Feb 19, 2010
U cant just blame the male folks,God has made us smarter and made the ladies with fish brains. When a lady blatantly refuse to read the writing on the wall what do u expect the guy to do ?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 12:19am On Feb 19, 2010
Rooneyboy:

U cant just blame the male folks,God has made us smarter and made the ladies with fish brains. When a lady blatantly refuse to read the writing on the wall what do u expect the guy to do ?

translate? undecided undecided undecided i kid! i kid! i kid! grin grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by H2O2: 12:27am On Feb 19, 2010
Na wa ooooo shocked
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 12:35am On Feb 19, 2010
i'm really loving this thread. . .at least its a bit diff from the usual all-naija-men-are-going-to-hell type we've gotten used to!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 12:56am On Feb 19, 2010
netotse:

i'm really loving this thread. . .at least its a bit diff from the usual all-naija-men-are-going-to-hell type we've gotten used to!

lmafo! i have to agree with u bro, i came with my sword and shield to defend nigerian men but it wasnt the usual bloodbath grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by H2O2: 1:26am On Feb 19, 2010
lol grin it's not yet degenerated into the battle of the sexes.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by lordkrato(m): 1:32am On Feb 19, 2010
U know,i have come up with the growth chart of the AVERAGE i repeat oooo AVERAGE Nigerian men.

16-20 , Entering University.Still warming up, battles with the fact that his female age mate isn't his age mate.

21-25, Finishing Uni.Younger Babes are just Fun for him and He is Beginning to Feel the Power of Control, Meanwhile his Female agemate is getting to be a fast pro veteran in the aristo business.for those that are not,a serious boyfriend is their target/They are beginning to lower their standards with regards to the rich quys,

25-30, A lot here happens.The Guy is now making real money if he makes it early and Chicks of all ages swarm over him.Confusion enters as his ringtone changes from "I Need A Girl" to "Danger" cos Wahala dey, Here every Guy should be careful. Always know what you want.Whether a Wife u need now or a nice bedmate.A lot of guys confuse good bedmatics and get married then are out in the market again, wink wink wink wink wink wink

Hey, back to my lovely females, Time is catching up with them.The Mother that warned her against boys now asks if she has a boyfriend.If she replies Shyly then wahala o ti kpo ju.Theman Hunt then begins.Some career ladies keep on telling them selves or listening to the stories of their friends that they don't need a guy till she wakes up to find herself unmarried and her "compatriots" happily married, keeping her off so as to prevent "Husband Snatching." sad sad sad sad
31-35, for a guy he starts getting very serious about settling down,for a girl, it just overtime, Here is when the 5-month courtship b4 marriage exist, Sometimes it includes introduction and wedding planning. undecided undecided undecided
Funny as this world is.There is a time for everything, The time to sow and time to harvest, Be warned. Always search for that"Girl/Guy"on  time as they say there is no time to check the time cos it has passed. cool cool cool cool
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 1:35am On Feb 19, 2010
lord krato:

U know,i have come up with the growth chart of the AVERAGE i repeat oooo AVERAGE Nigerian men.

16-20 , Entering University.Still warming up, battles with the fact that his female age mate isn't his age mate.

21-25, Finishing Uni.Younger Babes are just Fun for him and He is Beginning to Feel the Power of Control, Meanwhile his Female agemate is getting to be a fast pro veteran in the aristo business.for those that are not,a serious boyfriend is their target/They are beginning to lower their standards with regards to the rich quys,

25-30, A lot here happens.The Guy is now making real money if he makes it early and Chicks of all ages swarm over him.Confusion enters as his ringtone changes from "I Need A Girl" to "Danger" cos Wahala dey, Here every Guy should be careful. Always know what you want.Whether a Wife u need now or a nice bedmate.A lot of guys confuse good bedmatics and get married then are out in the market again, wink wink wink wink wink wink

Hey, back to my lovely females, Time is catching up with them.The Mother that warned her against boys now asks if she has a boyfriend.If she replies Shyly then wahala o ti kpo ju.Theman Hunt then begins.Some career ladies keep on telling them selves or listening to the stories of their friends that they don't need a guy till she wakes up to find herself unmarried and her "compatriots" happily married, keeping her off so as to prevent "Husband Snatching." sad sad sad sad
31-35, for a guy he starts getting very serious about settling down,for a girl, it just overtime, Here is when the 5-month courtship b4 marriage exist, Sometimes it includes introduction and wedding planning. undecided undecided undecided
Funny as this world is.There is a time for everything, The time to sow and time to harvest, Be warned. Always search for that"Girl/Guy"on  time as they say there is no time to check the time cos it has passed. cool cool cool cool

nicely done
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by lordkrato(m): 1:45am On Feb 19, 2010
na2day?:

nicely done

Bro.am all about telling the truth man,
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 1:46am On Feb 19, 2010
lord krato:

Bro.am all about telling the truth man,

but they cant handle the truth grin grin grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 2:29am On Feb 19, 2010
lord krato:

this post is on point, even though it makes me fear for some females i know,
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by amebono1: 3:56pm On Feb 19, 2010
0hsisi:

Jehovah!
you were a teen bride?
Jenny nwa nma
did you know what you wanted as a teenager?
The man no even gree you test other waters kai!
anyway sha, I'll rather my child married as an 18 or 19 year old than present me with[b] an unfortunate belle[/b]

well I read that omotola Jalade's hubby married her that early too and they're both happy.
there's no guarantee that marriage is better when the woman is in her late 20's or 30's

my mums thoughts too grin,naa i've always known what i wanted, early marriage was a thing for me, i desired it with a great passion even when i was little, and i guess God honoured my prayer, i am against 16 or 15 yrs old getting married, but once my daughter turns 18 ,shes free to get married

It was one decision i did not regret for one day, osisi you know ehn, if you meet the right person you will know, when you meet your partner there is this strong force, i really dont know how to explain, but im sure you felt same when you met your own husband, na that force drag me inside, infact i was so scared of my dad so tey when i arrive naija, i talk say i go sleep for hotel room grin grin cos i wasnt ready to face the man, but today the man dey enjoy the benefits of a being a father inlaw grin,infact i dey complain sef say i think my dad loves him better than me undecided seriously them fit talk for fone for hours and i end up talking with my father for a few mins undecided

Ive got the best family my sister and only one nairalander has been opportuned to meet them cool
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by kachiside: 4:42pm On Feb 19, 2010
All these talks about meeting their friends and mum and family members are a lies. No be those his friends will be laughing behind your back when they know fully well that he has strings of girl friends.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 12:13am On Feb 20, 2010
!amebo no1:

my mums thoughts too grin,naa i've always known what i wanted, early marriage was a thing for me, i desired it with a great passion even when i was little, and i guess God honoured my prayer, i am against 16 or 15 yrs old getting married, but once my daughter turns 18 ,shes free to get married

It was one decision i did not regret for one day, osisi you know ehn, if you meet the right person you will know, when you meet your partner there is this strong force, i really dont know how to explain, but im sure you felt same when you met your own husband, na that force drag me inside, infact i was so scared of my dad so tey when i arrive naija, i talk say i go sleep for hotel room grin grin cos i wasnt ready to face the man, but today the man dey enjoy the benefits of a being a father inlaw grin,infact i dey complain sef say i think my dad loves him better than me undecided seriously them fit talk for fone for hours and i end up talking with my father for a few mins undecided

Ive got the best family my sister and only one nairalander has been opportuned to meet them cool

Gbam!
I totally get ya ma dear
wasn't I about to walk down the altar with another fiance before my true hubby showed up and swept me off my feet grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by concritic: 12:25am On Feb 20, 2010
wow, so much bitterness in this thread. do grow up ladies and deal with it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by amebono1: 2:10pm On Feb 20, 2010
Osisi so you break another man heart? tongue how the man cope naaa

Yeah cos when you meet your partner, you will know youve met the right person and they can be stubborn, even if you are in a relationship and tell them upfront "hey ive got a man" the words dey enter one ear they come out from another grin grin , infact na then them go rush you tire i'm a witness lipsrsealed grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OBLONG(m): 2:15pm On Feb 21, 2010
above all, what goes around comes around---- play a girl from today till tomorrow, encourage your friends to take advantage of women---- in the next life when you are all blessed with daughters, you shall TRULY enjoy the fruit of your labors. grin grin

If you can
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Kunbee: 1:30am On Feb 22, 2010
Ver nice
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by platinumnk(f): 1:38am On Feb 22, 2010
Bookmarked for later reading

But its not by force to marry a Nigerian grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 1:47am On Feb 22, 2010
platinumnk:

Bookmarked for later reading

But its not by force to marry a Nigerian grin

did anyone say so?
don't let those uncircumcized philistines white boys deceive you grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by platinumnk(f): 2:00am On Feb 22, 2010
0hsisi:

did anyone say so?
don't let those uncircumcized philistines white boys deceive you grin

lol i was being funny sweets grin
But its sads u have to study so u can be prepared for all the games they play undecided

My thing, be patient, dont push, an focus on being the flyest b!tch there is and marrying is the LAST thing that comes to mind cheesy
them philistines . . . yummy cheesy who said they are all uncimcusized wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OBLONG(m): 2:02am On Feb 22, 2010
^^^^ unfortunately, thinking like this will mak you single for a while.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OBLONG(m): 2:03am On Feb 22, 2010
unfortunately, the number of bad nigerian men outweigh the good but there are still GOOD men out there.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by platinumnk(f): 2:24am On Feb 22, 2010
OBLONG:

^^^^ unfortunately, thinking like this will mak you single for a while.

single as in umarried? Im not worried about that, I'll accept a propsal one day grin
I run from propsals not to them   cheesy
Im not some silly Arrow looking for a house and 2 babies, I have an empire to build cool
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by OBLONG(m): 2:44am On Feb 22, 2010
^^^^ u're my kind of woman kiss kiss kiss
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Rooneyboy(m): 1:49pm On Feb 22, 2010
platinumnk:

single as in umarried? Im not worried about that, I'll accept a propsal one day grin
I run from propsals not to them   cheesy
Im not some silly Arrow looking for a house and 2 babies, I have an empire to build cool
nothing do u babe, keep building till perhaps when u r 45.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by platinumnk(f): 3:47pm On Feb 22, 2010
OBLONG:

^^^^ u're my kind of woman kiss kiss kiss

kiss kiss kiss
Rooneyboy:

nothing do u babe, keep building till perhaps when u r 45.
LOL 45 . . age doesnt scare me, I actually have other priorities shocked grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 1:54am On Feb 23, 2010
platinumnk:

kiss kiss kissLOL 45 . . age doesnt scare me, I actually have other priorities shocked grin

take your time jor
and make sure to get the right one
the number of lunatics out there is astounding
The number of men with loose nuts dey uncountable grin
I hope you're not a nurse grin ,Nigerian men in the USA have been known to use their wife's meat for peppersoup
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by na2day2(m): 6:16am On Feb 23, 2010
0hsisi:

take your time jor
and make sure to get the right one
the number of lunatics out there is astounding
The number of men with loose nuts dey uncountable grin
I hope you're not a nurse grin ,Nigerian men in the USA have been known to use their wife's meat for peppersoup

why are u reading my mind? angry angry angry
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 6:17am On Feb 23, 2010
na2day?:

why are u reading my mind? angry angry angry

These men all look like na2day. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

So Gigantic: The Girl With The Biggest Ukwu In Africa [photos] / Why Do Ladies Go To The Toilet And Urinate Immediately After Sex / "My Uncle Realized He Had Been Paying House Rent To His Wife For 10 Years"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.