Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,208 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage (21434 Views)

Dress Code When You're Dating Someone? / 7 Ways To Know If The Man You're Dating Will Eventually Marry You. / Tips To Make The Man You're Dating Commit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:26pm On Feb 16, 2010
David is that why you're always here
looking for cooks grin
girls beware.
are they sending you these things by FEDEX abi them dey deliver am personally
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

He has you playing house already
doing his cooking, laundry, errands but no one in his immediate family knows who you are.
You've never been to his family functions,hmm time to think
If indeed you want marriage and all you are is a maid service with bed privileges, that may be all you're worth to him.

Story. . . . . . . .
A man can take his babe to his family and nothing will happen.
There's no rule that governs men when it comes to relationships.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:33pm On Feb 16, 2010
googles:

[size=13pt]yes marriage is sooo overrated do you check the statistics of divorce cases we have all over the world now ??
hmm hmm i dont think so,pple dont take their time they just rush into the institution just to join the mr and mrs bandwagon
and as for you attacking my personality that was uncalled for just to set your crooked record straight am not ready for marriage
so am not talking outta bitterness orprejudice am just stating the obvious in the society
the last line of your post was just totally uncalled for  smiley [/size]

I apologize for the earlier comment, it wasnt intended to offend and has been retracted.  kiss
Back to the issue, i dont think we can use divorce statistics to say marriage is over-rated. those who are unmarried are not any happier than those who married and got divorced. the skyrocketing divorce rate has more to do with the fact that many marry for the wrong reasons today. those who have made a success of their marriages are a strong testimony to the fact that we were designed not to be alone.

0hsisi:

David is that why you're always here
looking for cooks grin
girls beware.
are they sending you these things by FEDEX abi them dey deliver am personally

there are enough real life cooks here. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Please who is the girl
is she into women grin grin grin
I need her for myself wink wink
I need the new google nexus phone

Sorry, this one is "taken". grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
women have really suffered
chai
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

Story. . . . . . . .
A man can take his babe to his family and nothing will happen.
There's no rule that governs men when it comes to relationships.

Hannibal,have you taken any of these your YIM gals to your mommy?
obviously not
but I bet you,the day you meet the one,you can't wait to show her to mommy.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

Hannibal,have you taken any of these your YIM gals to your mommy?
obviously not
but I bet you,the day you meet the one,you can't wait to show her to mommy.

I have taken all of em to ma momma, of course. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by 0hsisi: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

I have taken all of em to ma momma, of course. grin

I don't mean to mama Calabar grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 8:47pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

women have really suffered
chai

they are not complaining abi. biko dont spoil market for us.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Sauron1: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2010
0hsisi:

I don't mean to mama Calabar grin

I thunk u meant Mamaput. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by TOPE20001(f): 9:34pm On Feb 16, 2010
LMao. There are always words written on the wall but most women tend to ignore. Like david said a man that really cares abt u will rtn your calls or txt within an hr no matter how busy he might be. Altho i am fussy abt meeting his family esp if they live in naija but atleast he must be willing to introduce you to few of his friends. I think us women need to smarten up when it comes to these men. I also agree with what chika said if a man really loves n wants to be with he wud excited and even tell all his friends abt u. His friends will knw abt u even before u meet them. Yea, i have been stupid too in the past but trust me something will open ur eyes n if your eyes do open pls do not ignore it. Its good to talk to ppl abt ur relationship esp if u dont understand it urself, other ppl will see what u refuse to see. Infact this is why i dont blame some women that dont put all their eggs in one basket. Lol. Life is a biatch.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 10:31pm On Feb 16, 2010
TOPE2000!:

LMao. There are always words written on the wall but most women tend to ignore. Like david said a man that really cares abt u will rtn your calls or txt within an hr no matter how busy he might be. Altho i am fussy abt meeting his family esp if they live in naija but atleast he must be willing to introduce you to few of his friends. I think us women need to smarten up when it comes to these men. I also agree with what chika said if a man really loves n wants to be with he wud excited and even tell all his friends abt u. His friends will knw abt u even before u meet them. Yea, i have been silly too in the past but trust me something will open your eyes n if your eyes do open pls do not ignore it. Its good to talk to ppl abt your relationship esp if u dont understand it urself, other ppl will see what u refuse to see. Infact this is why i dont blame some women that dont put all their eggs in one basket. Lol. Life is a biatch.

So very true.

With experience one learns.

@Ohsis
Where are you getting this lists sef cheesy
sebi you don dey marry.

But thanks sha. . . . All these sweettalking men on my campus embarassed
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 10:37pm On Feb 16, 2010
i'm around. . .*majestically walking to the first page to see what this thread is all abt*
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 17, 2010
I like how the topic is specific on the Nigerian man. tongue
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by ebonyz: 12:36am On Feb 17, 2010
If a man truly loves love and wants to marry, as a lady i guess u will know. The way a man treats u says alot. i broke up with my ex bf because he asked me to marry him but actually wanted to get married because he wanted his papers sorted and i almost fell for it, so even when a nigerian asked you to marry him, make sure its for the rite reasons, now i just lie to guys that ask me out that my paper isnt out yet, if he truly want me, he would stay. My friends have also found themselves in same position, these will start with questions like lets travel and ofcos your answer will determine your status. Women have to be careful nowadays. shine ur eyes wella.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 12:36am On Feb 17, 2010
stillwater:

I like how the topic is specific on the Nigerian man. tongue
enu e bi specific!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 17, 2010
ebonyz:

If a man truly loves love and wants to marry, as a lady i guess u will know. The way a man treats u says alot. i broke up with my ex bf because he asked me to marry him but actually wanted to get married because he wanted his papers sorted and i almost fell for it, so even when a nigerian asked you to marry him, make sure its for the rite reasons, now i just lie to guys that ask me out that my paper isnt out yet, if he truly want me, he would stay. My friends have also found themselves in same position, these will start with questions like lets travel and ofcos your answer will determine your status. Women have to be careful nowadays. shine your eyes wella.
As if things are not already complicated. God help the sisters in diaspora. sad
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by ebonyz: 12:41am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Are you telling me. not all marriage proposals are REAL nowadays. Only God can help us women.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:43am On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

enu e bi specific

Enu e bi opolo.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 12:44am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

see ur mouth. . . u ppl shld just waka pass when u see naija men jo. . .shior tongue

on sisters in dia, there's a really cool article by this ghanian chick amma-somthing titled 'letter to african men in the diaspora' have u read it?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:45am On Feb 17, 2010
ebonyz:

Are you telling me. not all marriage proposals are REAL nowadays. Only God can help us women.
My dear God is in control o!!
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:46am On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

see your mouth. . . u ppl shld just waka pass when u see naija men jo. . .shior tongue

on sisters in dia, there's a really cool article by this ghanian chick amma-somthing titled 'letter to african men in the diaspora' have u read it?
I think I have read it, quite a depressing read cry cry cry A damn shame.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:47am On Feb 17, 2010
i feel sorry for women. grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:50am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

i feel sorry for women. grin
You will one day have a daughter, rather than smirk about and feel superior because you are a man, try and support or help. Im sure you will not like goons doing all this to your precious daughter. wink
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:56am On Feb 17, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

You will one day have a daughter, rather than smirk about and feel superior because you are a man, try and support or help. Im sure you will not like goons doing all this to your precious daughter. wink

I pray to one day have 2 daughters. But by God's grace i hope to teach them well . . . they will learn that opening their legs does not buy a man's love especially one that doesnt deserve it. They will learn that sometimes having no bf is more honorable than falling into the arms of an idiot just because everyone is doing it, i will let them know that most men in their teenage yrs (including urs truly) are selfish, wicked and insensitive people out to gratify our own flesh at the expense of her own emotions.

Hopefully when they are old enough, they will learn to be patient and wait for the right guy.

Most of all, they will live with me till they marry! smiley
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

I pray to one day have 2 daughters. But by God's grace i hope to teach them well . . . they will learn that opening their legs does not buy a man's love especially one that doesnt deserve it. They will learn that sometimes having no bf is more honorable than falling into the arms of an idiot just because everyone is doing it, i will let them know that most men in their teenage yrs (including urs truly) are selfish, wicked and insensitive people out to gratify our own flesh at the expense of her own emotions.

Hopefully when they are old enough, they will learn to be patient and wait for the right guy.

Most of all, they will live with me till they marry! smiley

Hahah, why?
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 12:58am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

i feel sorry for women.  grin
Bah. . .leave them to their pity-parties jo. . .besides if u were really sorry, u'd discharge your cooks

Ebonyeyes:

I think I have read it, quite a depressing read cry cry cry A damn shame.
its by N. amma twum-baah there was also one written to the men, i didnt find it depressing. . .lol

stillwater:

Enu e bi opolo.
so i now have to find a princess that'll be willing to kiss me in exchange for me asking her to marry me grin
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:00am On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

Bah. . .leave them to their pity-parties jo. . .besides if u were really sorry, u'd discharge your cooks

Will you replace them?

stillwater:

Hahah, why?

For protection.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by ebonyz: 1:03am On Feb 17, 2010
I am loving this topic. I think other women shud talk abt their experiences too. Its a real eye opener to us women.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 17, 2010
netotse:

so i now have to find a princess that'll be willing to kiss me in exchange for me asking her to marry me grin

A mumu princess. cheesy

davidylan:

For protection.

Which protection? What really matters is what you have instilled in her, not the unnecessary caging.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by Nobody: 1:08am On Feb 17, 2010
@ topic

I guess any man who wants to get married shouldn't waste his time with me then.
Re: How To Know The Nigerian Man You're Dating Is Not Ready For Marriage by netotse(m): 1:08am On Feb 17, 2010
davidylan:

Will you replace them?

For protection.

sebi u were the one feeling sorry for them now. . .

ebonyz:

I am loving this topic. I think other women shud talk abt their experiences too. Its a real eye opener to us women.
i'm tired of girls acting like it's only men that know how to play dirty. . .why on sat i was literally trying to convince a colleague(former) that is supposedly engaged that me and she doing the nasty wouldn't help her get over me. . .i'm still insulting myself for taking the high road then some ppl will now come and be taccing us about us being shady. . .ta!

stillwater:

A mumu princess. cheesy

player hater(can u say that in yoruba?)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nairaland Get Together Party (Easter Version) / 6 Reasons Why I Prefer Online Hook Up for a purposeful romance. / A Valentine's day Message Most Nigerian Girls Won't Appreciate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.