Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (74583 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by iluvpomo(m): 7:09am On Aug 27, 2017
There were four bets of $1 million each for Mayweather (modest payback of only $200K). Obviously Mayweather was the huge favorite.
Sauce:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-mayweather-mcgregor-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-4-1-million-1503789362-htmlstory.html
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:10am On Aug 27, 2017
LordOfNaira:

Ignorance. Where were you when both fighters were being weighed? Boxers are always officially weighed before a fight so Mayweather and McGregor are fairly matched.

As for the sport, McGregor is a mixed martial artist so he must know some boxing tricks and he is way younger than Mayweather. So, it was not really an unfair match.

It would be an unfair match if Anthony Joshua was paired against Mayweather. Boxing does not work that way. Mayweather is obviously more skillful than Joshua but Joshua has too much advantage of height, weight and reach so it would be unfair to Mayweather.

Lastly, my friend, you need to just stop displaying your ignorance. It is obvious that you know nothing about boxing.

In what ways Floyd is more skillful than AJ? Don't just compare an incomparable.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Tolourxkelv(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2017
Eyan Mayweather Part two coming soon

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by bamasite(m): 7:11am On Aug 27, 2017
chubbygal:

I saw this very write up on naija. Com , so how come abi na the same person ?
But the quoted post said face not BEAT. Na you no understand wetin them write cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:12am On Aug 27, 2017
eagleonearth:
what the hell are you talking about baby? Manny resigned but may weather accepted the rematch.

Accepted what? Floyd would never do that... Manny is still calling for him.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Sanchez01: 7:13am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:
If this overhyped boxer is that good, he should accept manny's rematch or better still challenge horn instead of going for an amateur.

If Floyd goes in to octagon with this Gregor, I swear his funeral would have been fixed by now.

Just hate the loudmouthed gambler, he came outta retirement just because he almost gone broke.
He cannot. He is but a merc boxer. I don't really understand why this win is being celebrated. We're talking about an MMA fighter who trolled into boxing and many see this as a big win. Worst still, added to his wins.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Thisnut(m): 7:13am On Aug 27, 2017
Nairaboi:
All those shouting Mayweather, and Anthony Joshua are from different boxing category should also know that MacGregor is a UFC fighter. A different category from Mayweather too, but was man enough to face Mayweather. So it Mayweather think he got ball he should be bold enough to call Anthony Joshua out and see if them no go beat craze commot for him body.
shut up! He should have known that before bumping his gum. Maywether has a small head, his fist is bigger than Maywether's head . maywether will not last 2 rounds blah blah blah rubbish! if you can't face the heat, don't go close to the fire.

Maywether will destroy Anthony Joshua on the same weight. Joshua is good but not as smart as Floyd.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by ominid1: 7:13am On Aug 27, 2017
that he lasted 10 rounds is no small feat.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:15am On Aug 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

He cannot. He is but a merc boxer. I don't really understand why this win is being celebrated. We're talking about an MMA fighter who trolled into boxing and many see this as a big win. Worst still, added to his wins.

This is not a fight but business transactions... Mcgregor also confirmed it
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 27, 2017
I thought Mayweather had retired from boxing . . .
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Bamz(m): 7:16am On Aug 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

There's no rule that says you must challenge people who are clearly in a category superior to yours. McGregor did it, so it was just his own personal choice. If Mayweather decides not to do it, there's no rule that says he must.

It's not part of wisdom to engage in a battle you'll most likely lose. So, its just normal to remain king in a lower category rather than a mediocre entity in a category higher than yours. So, leave the guy alone, let him continue to rule the category he belongs to. Comments like yours only reek of pure hate.

Don't mind the lad. Its his type that will tell Messi to go to England to prove himself. cheesy
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Deback2018: 7:17am On Aug 27, 2017
DanTrizy:
After all the noise this Mc Gregor made hehe, that's how I'll disgrace all this my Liverpool friends today, Liverpool 2-3 Arsenal!!!
arsenal fans u never seem to amuse me

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by teamsynergy: 7:18am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

This is not a fight but business transactions... Mcgregor also confirmed it

call it anything u want...if floydhad lost, the big mouth mcgregor would have bin shouting up and down...

even though Floyd is retired and in his 40s, still Gregor got the beating... he should return to his mixed martial arena

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Thisnut:
shut up! He should have known that before bumping his gum. Maywether has a small head, his fist is bigger than Maywether's head . maywether will not last 2 rounds blah blah blah rubbish! if you can't face the heat, don't go close to the fire.

Maywether will destroy Anthony Joshua on the same weight. Joshua is good but not as smart as Floyd.

What's your definition of smartness? Did you even know how many KO's Joshua recorded? Don't even go there, a real fighter is different from jamboree and ceremony fighter.

He's only fighting for money, he has no passion for boxing.

You ask yourself why he had never fought outside USA

2 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Akuamia247: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
This is pure fixed match and scam
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

There's no rule that says you must challenge people who are clearly in a category superior to yours. McGregor did it, so it was just his own personal choice. If Mayweather decides not to do it, there's no rule that says he must.

It's not part of wisdom to engage in a battle you'll most likely lose. So, its just normal to remain king in a lower category rather than a mediocre entity in a category higher than yours. So, leave the guy alone, let him continue to rule the category he belongs to. Comments like yours only reek of pure hate.
i don't understand plz educate me is may weather not in the heavy wight championship
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Jobless nairalanders be making noise, floyd and gregor be smiling to the bank while i just had my own cashout as well. Mayweather, much Love!!!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by jelel6: 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

In what ways Floyd is more skillful than AJ? Don't just compare an incomparable.

Floyd is 10 times more skillful than Anthony. that's if you know anything about boxing though. when Anthony has achieve 20% of what Floyd has achieved, then you have an argument. till then, you have none.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Lewaluv(f): 7:19am On Aug 27, 2017
Yasss my nigga Mayweather won. D white boi kept trying to body slam him d whole time. It was uncomfortable to watch him keep reverting back to ufc fighting style. Lol at d ref trying to chastise him throughout the fight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by LordOfNaira: 7:20am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

AJ is not a skillful fighter. He does not even know how to avoid easy punches. Klitchsko could have beaten him in that last fight. As for Mayweather, it is more difficult to land a punch on him, even when he is against the ropes.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:20am On Aug 27, 2017
Waiting for Mayweather vs Joshua
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:21am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:
If this overhyped boxer is that good, he should accept manny's rematch or better still challenge horn instead of going for an amateur.

If Floyd goes in to octagon with this Gregor, I swear his funeral would have been fixed by now.

Just hate the loudmouthed gambler, he came outta retirement just because he almost gone broke.

u watch the match lol..
Floyd was too good in defense..
McGregor tire and he was even punching wrongly . punching the back lmao , frustrated by Floyd
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by teamsynergy: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Hizzy:
i don't understand plz educate me is may weather not in the heavy wight championship

nope, he is in welterweight category.... he doesn't have the body mass and fist power for heavy weight
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by blackaxe78: 7:21am On Aug 27, 2017
Topology:

Have you had breakfast?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by teamsynergy: 7:22am On Aug 27, 2017
Topology:

u go wait tire....

they don't belong to same category
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by MICHEALADEX(m): 7:22am On Aug 27, 2017
DaBillionnaire:
Finishing

BTW, I heard d match ws fixed, na true

Ask bash Ali...olodo
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Flashh: 7:24am On Aug 27, 2017
This is Mayweather's game (boxing). You can't come beat him in his game, he own it. Even despite his old age.

4 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by wintersnow(m): 7:24am On Aug 27, 2017
If this wan dey drag my gf with me , I go just jerjerly leave am o
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:25am On Aug 27, 2017
jelel6:

Floyd is 10 times more skillful than Anthony. that's if you know anything about boxing though. when Anthony has achieve 20% of what Floyd has achieved, then you have an argument. till then, you have none.

Say something else. Ibf, wba and Ibo tittles in heavyweight category with 19 fights and 19kos.

Bros abeg no go there.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:25am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

lmao broke ke, don't believe the media .. that's how they said 50cent is broke lmao. the fact is that d match is to make money n dt all.. McGregor came with all d tools e gat but Mayweather was extra defensive lol..The ref was fair because Gregor was throwing so many wrong punches
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Dexema(m): 7:26am On Aug 27, 2017
Sanchez01:

Just exactly what is going through my mind, I hate that the match was unnecessarily hyped as 5he greatest in combat history and the fact that they were trying so hard to make a competition out of it by making it about McGregors age rather than the fact that may is a f*cking undefeated boxing champ.

Anyway they achieved to things, beating rocky's record and making some extra money for mays lavish lifestyle.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by WiseFool2(m): 7:27am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

Oga relax. Mcgregor called him out. How the hell would you think a boxing champ. of his standing would challenge someone who isn't into conventional boxing? Mcgregor called him out and he had to answer the 'call'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ahmed Musa & IG User Who Said He Shouldn't Have Sang A Christian Song As Muslim / Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018 / Ronaldo Shakes Messi's Girlfriend, Neymar Gives Him An Epic Look..(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.