Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,975 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:38 PM

Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) (74586 Views)

Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / More Than 100 Doctors Say Mayweather-mcgregor Fight Should Not Have Been Allowed / Floyd Mayweather Beats Conor McGregor In 10th Round As Referee Stops Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by e13sina(m): 7:28am On Aug 27, 2017
Beta setup!
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by perdollar(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2017
shakyum12:
mcgregor relly tried for surviving upto the 10th round, remember he wasnt trained for that. if mayweather think he's more powerful he should go the martial boxing something and fight mcgregor. This reminds me of Man U Vs Liecester city, I knew the match was goin to be tough but u cant come and beat the REDS at home and go scot free. So I been just give winning as well as mayweather's fight
ur comparison make sense for ur brain brother mi?

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by perdollar(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2017
shakyum12:
mcgregor relly tried for surviving upto the 10th round, remember he wasnt trained for that. if mayweather think he's more powerful he should go the martial boxing something and fight mcgregor. This reminds me of Man U Vs Liecester city, I knew the match was goin to be tough but u cant come and beat the REDS at home and go scot free. So I been just give winning as well as mayweather's fight
ur comparison make sense for ur brain brother mi?
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by obstead200(m): 7:29am On Aug 27, 2017
Nairaboi:
All those shouting Mayweather, and Anthony Joshua are from different boxing category should also know that MacGregor is a UFC fighter. A different category from Mayweather too, but was man enough to face Mayweather. So it Mayweather think he got ball he should be bold enough to call Anthony Joshua out and see if them no go beat craze commot for him body.
I won't encourage Anthony Joshua to fight mayweather. The money man matches are usually fixed and strictly business. Joshua no need any type of hanky panky in his career just yet
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by laliga01: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2017
LCMedia:
Floyd Mayweather overcame Conor McGregor with 10th-round stoppage at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.

McGregor piled the pressure on Mayweather early on in the first round, taking the fight to the American.

But Mayweather shifted through the gears and took control from the fourth round as McGregor tired.

Money Man unleashed a barrage which left McGregor helpless on the ropes - and the referee stopped tie.

See more pics from the the fight in Las Vegas below.

https://www.loadedcamp.net/forum/16062-floyd-mayweather-wins-as-he-knocks-out-conor-mcgregor-in-the-10th-round

I think mcgregor had a decent fight.
Lasting up to the 10th round is commendable, I didn't see that coming. Thought max, he will surpass the 6th round.
His defence was weak, that's one of money man's advantage.
He couldn't land power punches cos money man defence was spot on.
All those mcgregor ginger is part of the hype, it encourages the stake holders and the gamblers.
TMT is one of the best management team you could ever have.
Money man was well guided through his career to become the undefeated and undisputed champion ahead long standing rocky mashiano's 49-0 undefeated
I think it was a decent match.
Money man don't have much reasons to over celebrate, all the odds favoured him.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2017
paradigmshift:

u watch the match lol..
Floyd was too good in defense..
McGregor tire and he was even punching wrongly . punching the back lmao , frustrated by Floyd

Read my post again, i never said he was fit to stand Floyd inside ring, he's an amateur when when it comes to ring boxing but if it were octagon, Floyd would never escape 2 round
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Brunel(m): 7:30am On Aug 27, 2017
Roon9:
This loud mouth Floyd!
Heard the least ticket for the match would set a brother back a whopping $1335. That's almost 500k Nigerian.
Biko even the fight between David and Goliath was free
And even in that match, somebody's head was separated from the body grin cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by lastmessenger: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2017
apoti:
Woke up to early to watch the fight - it was a boring as hell.

Just good for the fighters as they are both smiling to the bank, tedious for the fans as the fight didn't live up the hype.

McGregor tried for holding up to the 10th round though
I tell you man that's the most useless fight ever. I regret wasting my data to stream that poo.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by blackaxe78: 7:30am On Aug 27, 2017
obstead200:
I won't encourage Anthony Joshua to fight mayweather. The money man matches are usually fixed and strictly business. Joshua no need any type of hanky panky in his career just yet

What re you saying?

50 bouts were fixed?

Common, You can do better!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by perdollar(m): 7:32am On Aug 27, 2017
DanTrizy:
After all the noise this Mc Gregor made hehe, that's how I'll disgrace all this my Liverpool friends today, Liverpool 2-3 Arsenal!!!
thank u guy. we r gunners we make dem goners!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Flashh: 7:32am On Aug 27, 2017
Giyerte:
The big men already staked money on him to win and they will all give him his share.

BOXING IS STRICTLY FIXED.
xgada:
Overhyped match just to clear Rocky's record. America I hail thee.

But, if McGregor had won, boxing isn't fixed, right?

These people and their funny comments.

6 Likes

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2017
WiseFool2:

Oga relax. Mcgregor called him out. How the hell would you think a boxing champ. of his standing would challenge someone who isn't into conventional boxing? Mcgregor called him out and he had to answer the 'call'.

Limo... He had to answer an amteur's call while he was busy rejecting real boxer's challenge.

You justify my point. He's nothing but a guy man
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Crazytrump(m): 7:33am On Aug 27, 2017
Mayweather speaks and retires again “[Conor]’s a tough competitor - we gave the fans what they wanted to see. “He’s a lot better than I thought he was ... he used different angles. But I was the better man ... It was our gameplan to take our time and take him out down the stretch. That was my last fight. Tonight I chose the right dance partner. Conor you were a great dance partner tonight.”
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:34am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

Read my post again, i never said he was fit to stand Floyd inside ring, he's an amateur when when it comes to ring boxing but if it were octagon, Floyd would never escape 2 round
but nobody forced him to the ring. the guy called out Mayweather for long lol. he just want to make money that all and u know Mayweather is the money man .
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:35am On Aug 27, 2017
Crazytrump:
Mayweather speaks and retires again “[Conor]’s a tough competitor - we gave the fans what they wanted to see. “He’s a lot better than I thought he was ... he used different angles. But I was the better man ... It was our gameplan to take our time and take him out down the stretch. That was my last fight. Tonight I chose the right dance partner. Conor you were a great dance partner tonight.”

Little money soonest spending... He still coming out again. Na thief im be
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Kingbuhari(m): 7:36am On Aug 27, 2017
the ref shouldn't have stop the fight I want maywhether to kick him in that his big anaconda, I hope he won't ask for a rematch... this Mcgroggery is a piece of shit , he dance in the ring like crazy monkey in the circuit box , next time he should go and challenge Antony Joshua ... Onye Ala
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by GeneralOjukwu: 7:36am On Aug 27, 2017
xgada:
Overhyped match just to clear Rocky's record. America I hail thee.

Overhyped and fixed.

There's no way McGregor would have survived 2 minutes with a professional boxer.

There's also no way Mayweather would have survived 2 minutes in the Octagon.

Different areas of specialty....they both intentionally dragged the fight for show.

Infact, McGregor has a greater edge in the Octagon because kicks would let you get faster to a puncher.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by clemzy05: 7:37am On Aug 27, 2017
They are not in the same category bruh
Nairaboi:
All those shouting Mayweather, and Anthony Joshua are from different boxing category should also know that MacGregor is a UFC fighter. A different category from Mayweather too, but was man enough to face Mayweather. So it Mayweather think he got ball he should be bold enough to call Anthony Joshua out and see if them no go beat craze commot for him body.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:38am On Aug 27, 2017
paradigmshift:

but nobody forced him to the ring. the guy called out Mayweather for long lol. he just want to make money that all and u know Mayweather is the money man .

You guys should stop saying he called out him.... Floyd arranged for the fight and Gregor guy saw it as an avenue to make money.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Thisnut(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

What's your definition of smartness? Did you even know how many KO's Joshua recorded? Don't even go there, a real fighter is different from jamboree and ceremony fighter.

He's only fighting for money, he has no passion for boxing.

You ask yourself why he had never fought outside USA
maywether has 27 ko and tko. Since 2005 Maywether been more of a defensive fighter , only had like 3 or 4 ko/tko since then. It's not really by ko or tko, it about the wins. Let's see if Joshua can up the 19 win to 50 without a lost. Boxing outside the U.S. is for kids and it's peanuts. Maywether would not take a punch , except there is 30 billion in his akant.

Go and sleep again, too early to be drunk.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Crazytrump(m): 7:39am On Aug 27, 2017
He go come out of retirement again if Messi fit challenge am not when all the odds are against him...
cyril83:

Little money soonest spending... He still coming out again. Na thief im be
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:

In what ways Floyd is more skillful than AJ? Don't just compare an incomparable.

Mayweather is skillful than AJ , AJ no get composition at all. Floyd is extremely good in defense. no be by body size o lmao.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by UncleJudax(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2017
Roon9:
This loud mouth Floyd!
Heard the least ticket for the match would set a brother back a whopping $1335. That's almost 500k Nigerian.
Biko even the fight between David and Goliath was free
Why would you spend in dollar, when you probably earn in naira?
The ticket/show wasn't for you!

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Jointhemiltons2(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2017
cyril83:
If this overhyped boxer is that good, he should accept manny's rematch or better still challenge horn instead of going for an amateur.

If Floyd goes in to octagon with this Gregor, I swear his funeral would have been fixed by now.

Just hate the loudmouthed gambler, he came outta retirement just because he almost gone broke... He will still go back to retirement and come back again.

Na thief im be.
Lol first off it was Gregor who called for the fight.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by maxiflexy(m): 7:42am On Aug 27, 2017
congrats bro the undefeated champion, McGregor was just a pile of noise making sh.it
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Kingbuhari(m): 7:44am On Aug 27, 2017
MG is a piece of shit ... lemme suggests what about

Mayweather Vs Antony Joshua

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Ahmed99: 7:44am On Aug 27, 2017
GenBuhari:
not a surprise .

b) make post to challenge agitation to breakup Nigeria,
c) like and share posts of other DANite and others from detribalised Nigerians .
d) automatically added to list of Danites detribalised and anti-breakup peeps
e) follow all listed Danites

illuminated93, Addy003, 9japrof, EmeeNaka, Ikhilor, GQman, neocortex, TheHistorian, Shaytun, sirjerry, WORDWORLD, amanda2013, wetinconsignme, freshest4live, ameri9ja, Okoroawusa, onward4life, Almaheed, genbuhari, thoth, Axeman2, lonelydora, LoveMachine, ugosample, darkckUSA, mrdashing10, henitan24, caseless, amah91, obaamah, Rett0, ediss, maximunimpact, anonynymous, maxiflexy, reel14

Please copy this block of text and save it on your PC and then paste it to bottom of your posts.
Join our email list by emailing: wetinconsignme@asia.com as soon as you can manage to .
If you want to become a Danite, then you are already one, simply quote me to add to our list.
add up
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:45am On Aug 27, 2017
Thisnut:
maywether has 27 ko and tko. Since 2005 Maywether been more of a defensive fighter , only had like 3 or 4 ko/tko since then. It's not really by ko or tko, it about the wins. Let's see if Joshua can up the 19 win to 50 without a lost. Boxing outside the U.S. is for kids and it's peanuts. Maywether would not take a punch , except there is 30 billion in his akant.

leave that guy lol.
Mayweather is too smart n defensive.

1 Like

Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 27, 2017
Nairaboi:

Maywheather and Joshua are in different weight categories.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by cyril83(m): 7:46am On Aug 27, 2017
Thisnut:

You should wait till then before using word smart for him.

Lol at peanut... What do you have to say about AJ/wladmir fight at Wembley? Say something else
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by paradigmshift(m): 7:48am On Aug 27, 2017
ubebong:
Mayweather is good, but won't dare McGregor in a UFC fight.. He wouldn't last a round there.. I Tink McGregor is so bold by challenging a champion like Mayweather in his field of fight n lasting 10rounds. Omoh, d guy try...
which yeye boldness lmao.
he needed money abeg.
he was the one that called out Mayweather n beside he talks too much ..see as e dey Puch Mayweather back haha, Mayweather go laf die wen e reach house.
Re: Floyd Mayweather Wins As He Knocks Out Conor Mcgregor In The 10th Round (Pics) by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 27, 2017
webincomeplus:

There's no rule that says you must challenge people who are clearly in a category superior to yours. McGregor did it, so it was just his own personal choice. If Mayweather decides not to do it, there's no rule that says he must.

It's not part of wisdom to engage in a battle you'll most likely lose. So, its just normal to remain king in a lower category rather than a mediocre entity in a category higher than yours. So, leave the guy alone, let him continue to rule the category he belongs to. Comments like yours only reek of pure hate.

Its not really about superiority; Mayweather and Joshua belong to different weight classes. Joshua is bigger and taller, so it won't make any sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Brazil Vs Belgium: World Cup (1 - 2) On 6th July 2018 / Ronaldo Shakes Messi's Girlfriend, Neymar Gives Him An Epic Look..(photo) / Peter Waweru, AFCON Referee Running Techniques Goes Viral (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.