Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,553 members, 7,812,770 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (1994 Views)

Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / Why Do Christians Go To Church On Sunday And Not The Sabbath(Saturday) Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

Can't you see pass the deception?
You have chosen the wrong God.
Jesus has no connection to the creator of the universe..there is no historical evidence for his existence..none at all..
I just don't know how to stress it again ..

Jesus sent his disciples out to PREACH and TEACH people in their neighbourhood how to distinguish between true and false religion, but you and i have no business so who exactly sent you to correct me on the choice of my God? cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

@Your first paragraph, the Jews Jesus met in Judea and any references to Jews consists of only TWO of the TWELVES Tribes that make up the Israelites.

The Tribe of Judah assimilated the smaller Benjamites while the other TEN were taken into Captivity by the Assyrians and deported from their Territories and are seemingly "Lost". We Muslims know ehte they are and who they are till now! If you want to know, I will show you from your Bible.

That Division came just after Solomon death when the other TEN Tribes broke away and form a separate Kingdom in Samaria. Despite being Kins, you will see that that eninity persisted till the time of Jesus because the Jews of Judea never reckoned with the Israelites of Samaria.

This is to correct your wrong notion ooo before you start bidding GOODBYE to the World. Lol

I am sure you won't get this kind of exposition from your Kingdom hall.

Mumu Muslim man.
How many tribes did Moses acknowledged as Israelites 12 or 13? smiley
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Mumu Muslim man.
How many tribes did Moses acknowledged as Israelites 12 or 13? smiley

Mugu Jehovah Madness man 12 Tribes.
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Mugu Jehovah Madness man 12 Tribes.

Bible nah our own book, i won't argue with you over that worthless Qu'ran book but Bible it belongs to JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Ọmọ it's 13 not 12 smiley
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
TenQ:

Which day is Sabbath was the Question!
I've answered: Sabbath is not just one day. It means DAY of REST or in modern language PUBLIC HOLIDAY ! Are the four classes of Sabbath I mentioned a Fabrication? If not,

I ask, do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?
Jam 2:10:
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

So, again I ask:
Do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?

If you don't, I have a word for you

Mat 7:5:
"You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye."

Preach the Sabbath only AFTER you have kept the whole law of the Sabbath my dear!

See, a very simple question, and you are trying to confuse it with deceptive talk in order to win an argument.
Simple:
If, from creation, Saturday was ordained Sabbath, why do we observe if on Sundays??
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
TenQ:

Which day is Sabbath was the Question!
I've answered: Sabbath is not just one day. It means DAY of REST or in modern language PUBLIC HOLIDAY ! Are the four classes of Sabbath I mentioned a Fabrication? If not,

I ask, do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?
Jam 2:10:
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

So, again I ask:
Do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?

If you don't, I have a word for you

Mat 7:5:
"You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye."

Preach the Sabbath only AFTER you have kept the whole law of the Sabbath my dear!

More deceptive, circular talk.
Simple:
From creation God ordained one day as day of rest. If that day is Saturday, why do we observe it on Sundays??
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 5:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
More deceptive, circular talk.
Simple:
From creation God ordained one day as day of rest. If that day is Saturday, why do we observe it on Sundays??
Where is it written that God did that which you claim from creation? undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:37pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Bible nah our own book, i won't argue with you over that worthless Qu'ran book but Bible it belongs to JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES.

Olodo want to run away after commiting an own Goal.

I am a Muslim, I will School you in Bible Studies and what it contains.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel came to be from the Twelve Children of Jacob who was surnames Israel.

The same way Daniel said Four Kingdoms but your Cult teaches FIVE KINGDOM when you smuggled Anglo-American Kingdom in. Lol

I will say again, I will school you and wean you of the babbles you have been feed with

Oya go and count the Number of Jacob children.

And why have your sidekicks been silent lately?

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
What God gave Moses was Constitutional Law for the Nation of Israel, a Nation which He constituted of the people of Israel in the Land of Canaan comprising of about 613 total statutes, commandments, ritual ceremonies(including holy days-holidays-to be observed) - not just the first 10 commandments which those of you who have never in fact taken time for yourselves to read through the Law are aware of. undecided

God made it abundantly clear to all that that Constitution serves only those who are of the blood of Israel in the land of Canaan - foreigners who live amongst them in the land benefit in some ways .I.e. the dogs benefit from the crumbs that fall from the table - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20

Since we insist on keeping the "rest" commandment, why do we do it on Sunday instead of the Saturday 4 which it was ordained?
That was the question
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 5:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jesus sent his disciples out to PREACH and TEACH people in their neighbourhood how to distinguish between true and false religion, but you and i have no business so who exactly sent you to correct me on the choice of my God? cheesy

This is a public forum.

We are here to educate ourselves and learn..

It is up to you if you are headstrong...

Your choice....

But know that because of your idolatry and those who follow a false god.
The creator is punishing us with bad leaders who don't care for us..
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:40pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Olodo want to run away after commiting an own Goal.

I am a Muslim, I will School you in Bible Studies and what it contains.

The Twelve Tribes of Israel came to be from the Twelve Children of Jacob who was surnames Israel.

The same way Daniel said Four Kingdoms but your Cult teaches FIVE KINGDOM when you smuggled Anglo-American Kingdom in. Lol

I will say again, I will school you and wean you of the babbles you have been feed with

Oya go and count the Number of Jacob children.

And why have your sidekicks been silent lately?

I don't know what exactly this stupid Muslim man called lukuluku69 wants with me, i told him to stop quoting me he will not only to come mentioning me even though i've told him to stop it.

Now if you're interested in learning here are the THIRTEEN tribes Moses acknowledged as Israelites:

Reuʹben
Simʹe·on
Leʹvi
Judah
Isʹsa·char
Zebʹu·lun
Benjamin
Dan
Naphʹta·li
Gad
Ashʹer
Manasseh
Ephraim

The last two are the sons of Joseph that Jacob adopted as his own sons and told the Israelites to forever acknowledge as his own sons instead of Joseph's! Genesis 48:1-22

That's why Ephraim and Manasseh were taken as separate tribes and each given his portion of inheritance as part of the Sons of Israel.

So when the Bible said ten were separated in the North as Samaritans Ephraim and Manasseh were counted among the ten while THREE remained in the south:
Judah
Benjamin
Levi
The Levites weren't given any inheritance {Deuteronomy 14:27} this tribe remain in the temple as priests and scribes, that's why only two were mentioned but the Levites who officiates in the temple are another tribe of the sons of Israel! Numbers 1:50-53 compare to Nehemiah 13:10

Please stop mentioning me if you feel like arguing do it with others i'm not interested in chatting with you! smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Where is it written that God did that which you claim from creation? undecided

See below.

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Jacob, through his two wives and his two concubines had 12 biological sons; Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali,Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin.

Sebi you can count abi you need one of your sidekicks to count for you? cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. Since we insist on keeping the "rest" commandment,

2. why do we do it on Sunday instead of the Saturday 4 which it was ordained? That was question
1. But the "rest" commandment which you pretend to keep is that given by God only to those who are of the blood of Jacob and living in the nation of Israel, so what you do ---- whether you do it on a Saturday or Sunday
- is completely removed from that commanded by God for the fact that you are not of the blood of Israel nor do you live in the land of Canaan among the Israelites. undecided

2. The simple answer is that, depending on the whims and will of men who you have placed as gods over you, you follow the days your religious leaders have ordained for you rather than obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

This is a public forum.
We are here to educate ourselves and learn..
It is up to you if you are headstrong...
Your choice....
But know that because of your idolatry and those who follow a false god.
The creator is punishing us with bad leaders who don't care for us..

You are a complete dunce!

In the days of my ancestors they worship all kinds of gods and bow to images of all sort yet life was sweeter than this.

So if want to know why those in government are becoming more and more wicked only Jesus can help you out but since you don't want to acknowledge him then i can't help your ministry! wink
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I don't know what exactly this stupid Muslim man called lukuluku69 wants with me, i told him to stop quoting me he will not only to come mentioning me even though i've told him to stop it.

Now if you're interested in learning here are the THIRTEEN tribes Moses acknowledged as Israelites:

Reuʹben
Simʹe·on
Leʹvi
Judah
Isʹsa·char
Zebʹu·lun
Benjamin
Dan
Naphʹta·li
Gad
Ashʹer
Manasseh
Ephraim

The last two are the sons of Joseph that Jacob adopted as his own sons and told the Israelites to forever acknowledge as his own sons instead of Joseph's! Genesis 48:1-22

That's why Ephraim and Manasseh were taken as separate tribes and each given his portion of inheritance as part of the Sons of Israel.

So when the Bible said ten were separated in the North as Samaritans Ephraim and Manasseh were counted among the ten while THREE remained in the south:
Judah
Benjamin
Levi
The Levites weren't given any inheritance {Deuteronomy 14:27} this tribe remain in the temple as priests and scribes, that's why only two were mentioned but the Levites who officiates in the temple are another tribe of the sons of Israel! Numbers 1:50-53 compare to Nehemiah 13:10

Please stop mentioning me if you feel like arguing do it with others i'm not interested in chatting with you! smiley

Mugu Jehovah Madness man, you count Joseph as ONE and not his two Kids.

Joesph was Jacob's son and Joseph's TWO sons were Joseph's son

I will mention and call out LIES and wrong Notions. Simple. If you like wave bye bye to the world na your palava be that

I can see that my exposition which put a lie to what you post here is making you feel uncomfortable. That means you are responding to treatment and that is cool with me cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Jacob, through his two wives and his two concubines had 12 biological sons; Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali,Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin.

Sebi you can count abi you need one of your sidekicks to count for you? cheesy

MaxInDHouse:

[1]Reuʹben
[2]Simʹe·on
[3]Leʹvi
[4]Judah
[5]Isʹsa·char
[6]Zebʹu·lun
[7]Benjamin
[8]Dan
[9]Naphʹta·li
[10]Gad
[11]Ashʹer
[12]Manasseh
[13]Ephraim

Judah
Benjamin
Levi

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But the "rest" commandment which you pretend to keep is that given by God only to those who are of the blood of Jacob and living in the nation of Israel, so what you do ---- whether you do it on a Saturday or Sunday
- is completely removed from that commanded by God for the fact that you are not of the blood of Israel nor do you live in the land of Canaan among the Israelites. undecided

2. The simple answer is that, depending on the whims and will of men who you have placed as gods over you, you follow the days your religious leaders have ordained for you rather than obey the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ. undecided

1) God made a specific day holy. He did not say it was holy only for Israel

2) Now you are approaching the truth. Go back a little further in history and find out why it had to be Sunday (including for converted Jews) instead of the Saturday that was ordained holy.
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Mugu Jehovah Madness man, you can Joseph as ONE and not his two Kids.

Joesph was Jacob's son and Joseph's TWO sons were Joseph's son

I will mention and call out LIES and wrong Notions. Simple. If you like wave bye bye to the world na your palava be that

I can see that my exposition which put a lie to what you post here is making you feel uncomfortable. That means you are responding to treatment and that is cool with me cheesy

Moses is the mediator God used to establish the sons of Israel as one nation.

Ọmọ he acknowledged 13 tribes not 12 that's what i said perhaps you don't know why none of the commentators argued it because you're a Muslim this is far beyond your grasp! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 5:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

See, a very simple question, and you are trying to confuse it with deceptive talk in order to win an argument.
Simple:
If, from creation, Saturday was ordained Sabbath, why do we observe if on Sundays??

Saturday is a day of rest that God ordained for the Jews.

Sunday is a day of worship for Christians..
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 5:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
See below.
He made a day holy because He rested on that from His creation Work. It is not written that He specified any of what that means to men at the time. The Law He gave to Adam did not specify the observance of a Holy day so how can you state that it was ordained by God from creation? To whom and for what purpose? undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 5:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Are. You done counting?

The above is where you get the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

Ten were Lost when they went idolatrous and taken into captivity and deported by the Assyrians.

The Tribe of Judah being the most powerful assimilated the smaller Benjamites forming what is now known as The Jews ( an Alias from the name Judah: Yahuda)

If you will not be shouting like a YabaLeft patient, I can wean you but like all inmates, they never believed anything is wrong with them. cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 5:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

Saturday is a day of rest that God ordained for the Jews.

Sunday is a day of worship for Christians..

Question is, why?
And why did/do converted jews keep Sunday instead of Saturday?

See quote below, did God make it holy only for Jews?

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 5:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

You are a complete dunce!

In the days of my ancestors they worship all kinds of gods and bow to images of all sort yet life was sweeter than this.

So if want to know why those in government are becoming more and more wicked only Jesus can help you out but since you don't want to acknowledge him then i can't help your ministry! wink

So since they worshipped local idols

You decided to worship a foreign one..

Very funny
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Moses is the mediator God used to establish the sons of Israel as one nation.

Ọmọ he acknowledged 13 tribes not 12 that's what i said perhaps you don't know why none of the commentators argued it because you're a Muslim this is far beyond your grasp! smiley

Moses acknowledged 12.

Stop babbling.

If you count Joseph TWO SONS then you will get 14 and not 13.

Seriously are you this slow?

Jacob, through his two wives and his two concubines had 12 biological sons; Reuben, Simeon, Levi, Judah, Dan, Naphtali,Gad, Asher, Issachar, Zebulun, Joseph and Benjamin

Up there you have 12, if Moses take Joseph TWO SONS as separate Tribes, he should acknowledge 14 and not 13.

undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 6:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1) God made a specific day holy. He did not say it was holy only for Israel

2) Now you are approaching the truth. Go back a little further in history and find out why it had to be Sunday (including for converted Jews) instead of the Saturday that was ordained holy.
1. Please, let's not now attempt to rewrite scripture. undecided

There is no record of Adam, or Noah, Abraham or even Jacob, observing a Sabbath. undecided

2. There is no need for that since that which is not according to God's very own commandment - in His Law - is of the delusions of men. So observing a day of Sabbath when God has commanded no such from you then pretending you do it in honor of God is what Jesus Christ taught amounts to worshipping God in vain. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Are. You done counting?

The above is where you get the Twelve Tribes of Israel.

Ten were Lost when they went idolatrous and taken into captivity and deported by the Assyrians.

The Tribe of Judah being the most powerful assimilated the smaller Benjamites forming what is now known as The Jews ( an Alias from the name Judah: Yahuda)

If you will not be shouting like a YabaLeft patient, I can wean you but like all inmates, they never believed anything is wrong with them. cheesy cheesy

I know you will still run after me some other time for more knowledge about the Bible just know that i'm not the one depriving you of sound knowledge rather it's your ego with that worthless Qu'ran of yours. If you want wisdom drop it and come learn but if not it's not my fault at least you've learned one more thing from my comment today:

Moses acknowledged THIRTEEN TRIBES not twelve as your people in Islam told you.

Farewell smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Question is, why?
And why did/do converted jews keep Sunday instead of Saturday?

See quote below, did God make it holy only for Jews?

Jews keep Saturday..not Sunday.

Christians keep Sunday as day of worship but also keep Saturday as day of rest.
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 6:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
He made a day holy because He rested on that from His creation Work. It is not written that He specified any of what that means to men at the time. The Law He gave to Adam did not specify the observance of a Holy day so how can you state that it was ordained by God from creation? To whom and for what purpose? undecided
If a particular day has been ordained holy right from creation and Israelites are told to also keep that specific day holy, why would you, a spiritual Jew, choose another day to observe it? On what logic? That is the question
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 6:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Please, let's not now attempt to rewrite scripture. undecided

There is no record of Adam, or Noah, Abraham or even Jacob, observing a Sabbath. undecided

2. There is no need for that since that which is not according to God's very own commandment - in His Law - is of the delusions of men. So observing a day of Sabbath when God has commanded no such from you then pretending you do it in honor of God is what Jesus Christ taught amounts to worshipping God in vain. undecided

They lived b4 the commandment. We, spiritual jews, are living after the commandments. On what basis do we choose another day instead of the day ordained holy from creation?!
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

So since they worshipped local idols
You decided to worship a foreign one..
Very funny

That's why i told you "i choose my own God not what some people worshiped as ancestors, if a God doesn't have the qualities that attracts me then such a god is worthless to me!

So you can't choose my God for me i know the God that's best for me! wink

2 Likes

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 6:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

Jews keep Saturday..not Sunday.

Christians keep Sunday as day of worship but also keep Saturday as day of rest.

Both wrong.
Biological Jews who are Christians keep Sunday.
Christians don't keep Saturday as day if rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Canaanland Is A Bad Name For Winners Chapel / Jesus Christ Is God Almighty :ask Me Anything!! / Jesus Is The Almighty, Not Angel Michael, Pls Don't Be Deceived

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.