Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,604 members, 7,812,978 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:00 AM

Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? (2004 Views)

Is Sabbath Saturday Or Sunday? Are We Obligated To Observe It? / What Is The Recommended Day To Rest (Saturday Or Sunday?) / Why Do Christians Go To Church On Sunday And Not The Sabbath(Saturday) Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. If a particular day has been ordained holy right from creation and Israelites are told to also keep that specific day holy, why would you, a spiritual Jew, choose another day to observe it? On what logic? That is the question
▪︎Spiritual Jew? What in the world does that mean? undecided

▪︎ Jesus Christ, who is Law and Constitution in the Kingdom of God, the one who you claim to be your saviour, gave to you a different laws regarding rest. Isn't it even more illogical to claim you trust in Jesus Christ yet ignoring His very laws all so you can follow instead a law given to another people in another land? undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 6:10pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. They lived b4 the commandment.

2. We, spiritual jews, are living after the commandments. On what basis do we choose another day instead of the day ordained holy from creation?!
1. Wait a minute .. you claimed the Sabbath was ordained since creation. Now you claim Adam, Cain, Noah, Abraham, Jacob etc. , all lived before the commandment meaning the Sabbath was not in fact ordained as you claim from creation. undecided

2. Who exactly made whom spiritual jews? undecided

Do you even understand who the Jews are and what God said of them even from the beginning? Deuteronomy 9 vs 6. Why would anyone want to volunteer to be a Jew abeg? undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 6:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know you will still run after me some other time for more knowledge about the Bible just know that i'm not the one depriving you of sound knowledge rather it's your ego with that worthless Qu'ran of yours. If you want wisdom drop it and come learn but if not it's not my fault at least you've learned one more thing from my comment today:

Moses acknowledged THIRTEEN TRIBES not twelve as your people in Islam told you.

Farewell smiley

You are even slower that my estimate of you.

I called you out for your lies Mr. Having Wrong Expectations grin grin

As long as you are dropping them, I will call you out but you can actually side stepped it by ignoring it but people reading know who is lying and who is not. They know who is wrong and who is correcting.

And if one single soul can see the Light, then my Day is made.

Adios until the next clanger cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 6:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Both wrong.
Biological Jews who are Christians keep Sunday.
Christians don't keep Saturday as day if rest

What does that mean?
Never heard of it before..
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 7:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
▪︎Spiritual Jew? What in the world does that mean? undecided

▪︎ Jesus Christ, who is Law and Constitution in the Kingdom of God, the one who you claim to be your saviour, gave to you a different laws regarding rest. Isn't it even more illogical to claim you trust in Jesus Christ yet ignoring His very laws all so you can follow instead a law given to another people in another land? undecided

See below

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 7:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. Wait a minute .. you claimed the Sabbath was ordained since creation. Now you claim Adam, Cain, Noah, Abraham, Jacob etc. , all lived before the commandment meaning the Sabbath was not in fact ordained as you claim from creation. undecided

2. Who exactly made whom spiritual jews? undecided

Do you even understand who the Jews are and what God said of them even from the beginning? Deuteronomy 9 vs 6. Why would anyone want to volunteer to be a Jew abeg? undecided

1. Read carefully. I said Saturday was ordained holy right from creation

2. See screenshot above or just use your own common sense, it becomes pbvious
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
sonmvayina:

What does that mean?
Never heard of it before..

I means blood descendants of Jacob. See my screensbots above
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 7:38pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
See below
A major problem with the claim you make there is that the audience of the statements, in all 3 cases, even Paul's assertions, were Jews. So? undecided

And Jesus Christ never called His followers to become Jews - those who are of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a land/kingdom that is of this world. Instead He called His followers out of the Kingdoms and lands of this world, into the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world. undecided

Meaning there is more to what John and Paul said that you are obviously missing in your leap to claim it applies to the gentiles. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 7:44pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. Read carefully. I said Saturday was ordained holy right from creation

2. See screenshot above or just use your own common sense, it becomes pbvious
1. To ordain means to make Law, right? And according to you, the Sabbath didn't become law for men until God specified it so in His Old Law of Moses, the National Constitution which God gave only to the people of Israel - Deuteronomy 30 vs 15 - 20 . God intentionally excluded those of gentile nations from that agreement by restricting the very jurisdiction of the Law by place and people . And God's Law specifies that it is against God to are, remove or change that which He decreed in His Law. undecided

2. God's Word is beyond the use of my own commonsense aka opinion in this. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
A major problem with the claim you make there is that the audience of the statements, in all 3 cases, even Paul's assertions, were Jews. So? undecided

And Jesus Christ never called His followers to become Jews - those who are of the Nation of Israel in the Land of Canaan, a land/kingdom that is of this world. Instead He called His followers out of the Kingdoms and lands of this world, into the Kingdom of God, a Kingdom not of this world. undecided

Meaning there is more to what John and Paul said that you are obviously missing in your leap to claim it applies to the gentiles. undecided

According to the scriptures only the bloodline of Judah, Benjamin and Levi are JEWS, these are the three tribes left under Rehoboam after the other ten tribes revolted against the heir to Solomon's throne.

When Jesus walked the earth he concentrated on this three tribes and told his disciples not to carry along the ten tribes {Matthew 10:6} Why? Because God's word foretold that salvation will come through the JEWS! John 4:22 compare to Zechariah 8:23

But after three and a half years of Jesus' ministry the natural Jews didn't respond positively only few became Christians that's why Jesus used a parable to tell them that God will pick people from other nations and make them JEWS so as to complete the needed figure that's going to rule with the Christ in heaven! Matthew 22:1-14 compare to Matthew 3:9 and Romans 2:25-29

So when talking about JEWS today the world recognize natural Jews who don't know Christ but God acknowledges only the spiritual JEWS who believe in the ransom sacrifice of His only begotten Son Christ Jesus! Matthew 17:5 smiley

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Lukuluku69(m): 8:31pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I know you will still run after me some other time for more knowledge about the Bible just know that i'm not the one depriving you of sound knowledge rather it's your ego with that worthless Qu'ran of yours. If you want wisdom drop it and come learn but if not it's not my fault at least you've learned one more thing from my comment today:

Moses acknowledged THIRTEEN TRIBES not twelve as your people in Islam told you.

Farewell smiley

Mugu the Babbler of the Jehovah madness Cult read what Jesus said in the Bible:

"And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel."
-- Matthew 19:28

KJV Holy Bible https://bibliacomigo.page/fkaXzSMgjgzPnRTj6

I know you will believe what your elders say than what Jesus said.

Sebi na we Muslim they lie, Jesus dey lie too?

Moses acknowledge 13 abi your ignorant elders told you 13?

That is Jesus up there. He chooses 12 reflecting the number of Tribes and he said as much himself or do you know the scripture more than your Lord and Savior?

I told you before and I am telling you again, come let me wean you, the poo you have been fed with can't take you anywhere. It will make you ridiculous in front of people with knowledge.

Oponu sombori wink cheesy cheesy
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:

There you are, using your common sense, after saying it is beyond your common sense!

What should "Jews" do to be saved"
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. There you are, using your common sense, after saying it is beyond your common sense!
2. What should "Jews" do to be saved"
1. But none of what I have stated so far is personal opinion. undecided

2. What exactly are the Jews saved from? undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 8:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
According to the scriptures only the bloodline of Judah, Benjamin and Levi are JEWS, these are the three tribes left under Rehoboam after the other ten tribes revolted against the heir to Solomon's throne.

When Jesus walked the earth he concentrated on this three tribes and told his disciples not to carry along the ten tribes {Matthew 10:6} Why? Because God's word foretold that salvation will come through the JEWS! John 4:22 compare to Zechariah 8:23

But after three and a half years of Jesus' ministry the natural Jews didn't respond positively only few became Christians that's why Jesus used a parable to tell them that God will pick people from other nations and make them JEWS so as to complete the needed figure that's going to rule with the Christ in heaven! Matthew 22:1-14 compare to Matthew 3:9 and Romans 2:25-29

So when talking about JEWS today the world recognize natural Jews who don't know Christ but God acknowledges only the spiritual JEWS who believe in the ransom sacrifice of His only begotten Son Christ Jesus! Matthew 17:5 smiley
Rubbish! undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 9:14pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. But none of what I have stated so far is personal opinion. undecided

2. What exactly are the Jews saved from? undecided

1. This is not true. Paul and John were clear as to what they said.
Your OPINION based on common sense is that there is more. Even saying that Saturday is 7th day is opinion

2. From their sins
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 9:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. This is not true. Paul and John as to what they said.
Your OPINION based on common sense is that there is more. Even saying that Saturday is 7th day

2. From their sins
1. I am afraid it isn't what they said at all but your personal interpretation of what they each said that is the problem here. Again, the audience in each case where primarily jews making your assertion that Gentiles are made spiritual Jews by them of the meaning. undecided

More importantly, the one through whom we claim salvation , Jesus Christ, called us to a different Law and a different Land, completely a different jurisdiction from the Law that defines the Jews - those with the blood or Jacob coursing through their veins. So? undecided

2. But, Jesus Christ called even the Jews all to abandon the Old Way(the Old Law) to following instead His New Law which is for a Kingdom that is not of this world, then surely, you can see that they are not simply saved from being sinners under the Old Law but from the Old Law and its curses on them as sinners of God's Law. What this means is that the Jews were ransomed or bought or redeemed from the Old Law by Jesus Christ. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by kkins25(m): 10:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
we still argue this in 2022?

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid it isn't what they said at all but your personal interpretation of what they each said that is the problem here. Again, the audience in each case where primarily jews making your assertion that Gentiles are made spiritual Jews by them of the meaning. undecided

More importantly, the one through whom we claim salvation , Jesus Christ, called us to a different Law and a different Land, completely a different jurisdiction from the Law that defines the Jews - those with the blood or Jacob coursing through their veins. So? undecided

2. But, Jesus Christ called even the Jews all to abandon the Old Way(the Old Law) to following instead His New Law which is for a Kingdom that is not of this world, then surely, you can see that they are not simply saved from being sinners under the Old Law but from the Old Law and its curses on them as sinners of God's Law. What this means is that the Jews were ransomed or bought or redeemed from the Old Law by Jesus Christ. undecided

1. Paul was talking to gentiles.
There are different interpretations (opinions) of what he said, yours being one

2. So Jews are saved through Christ exactly same as Gentiles?
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 10:58pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. Paul was talking to gentiles.
There are different interpretations (opinions) of what he said, yours being one

2. So Jews are saved through Christ exactly same as Gentiles?
1. I am afraid this is wrong! Paul's letters were written primarily to a Jewish audience. He indicates this from the first chapter of His letters and for good reason. undecided

As for John's rebuke of the Pharisees in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11, surely you are aware John was referring to them and not the people when He called them brood of vipers aka Sons of batches. undecided

2. Jews are saved from something different from that which Gentiles are saved from. Gentiles are saved from God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by TenQ: 11:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
PoliteActivist:

More deceptive, circular talk.
Simple:
From creation God ordained one day as day of rest. If that day is Saturday, why do we observe it on Sundays??
Which day is Sabbath was the Question!
I've answered: Sabbath is not just one day. It means DAY of REST or in modern language PUBLIC HOLIDAY ! Are the four classes of Sabbath I mentioned a Fabrication? If not,

I ask, do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?
Jam 2:10:
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

So, again I ask:
Do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?

If you don't, I have a word for you

Mat 7:5:
"You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye."

Preach the Sabbath only AFTER you have kept the whole law of the Sabbath my dear!

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by TenQ: 11:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The Bible specifically said "Holy Day"!

And Not holiday.
I also agree with you on this!
It is first a Holy Day before its a Holiday!

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:30pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Rubbish! undecided

Of course it will sound like rubbish as you have no congregation of worshipers with whom you agree on doctrines but you're here setting your own doctrine even though a female you just feel like teaching others anyway while you made yourself unteachable! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 11:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
So basically what you are saying is that the reason I see it for the bullsheet that it is has to do with the fact that I don't have pastors and mogs - along with their many gullible followers/minions -, to fill my head with this sort of bullsheet in the first place? undecided

ROFLMAO
grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 11:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
TenQ:

Which day is Sabbath was the Question!
I've answered: Sabbath is not just one day. It means DAY of REST or in modern language PUBLIC HOLIDAY ! Are the four classes of Sabbath I mentioned a Fabrication? If not,

I ask, do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?
"For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all."

So, again I ask:
Do you keep the WHOLE of the Sabbath law?

If you don't, I have a word for you

Mat 7:5:
"You hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of your own eye; and then shall you see clearly to cast out the mote out of your brother's eye."

Preach the Sabbath only AFTER you have kept the whole law of the Sabbath my dear!

NOBODY keeps the whole of the 613 laws. So what does that mean?
Remember, if you break the smallest one you've broken them all
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 12:07am On Nov 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:
1. NOBODY keeps the whole of the 613 laws. So what does that mean?
2. Remember, if you break the smallest one you've broken them all
1. How do you know this for a fact? undecided

Are you insinuating that when God commanded, " Be ye Holy/Perfect, even as your God is Holy/Perfect", God gave the people of Israel an impossible commandment to obey? undecided

Are you saying that none of God's prophets were Holy, and none of the righteous men of Old, even those mentioned by Jesus Christ, were indeed righteous? undecided

2. Same with the Law, Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God. You break one law, you have broken the Entire Law, yet Jesus Christ requires His followers to be perfect even as the Father is perfect/Holy. So are you insinuating Jesus Christ gave His followers an impossible commandment to obeyundecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by TenQ: 12:12am On Nov 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by sonmvayina(m): 2:10am On Nov 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Where did you get this idea from?
So if I disobey my mum, it means I have had se.x with another man's wife...

Why are you thinking with your ass?
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 3:12am On Nov 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. How do you know this for a fact? undecided

Are you insinuating that when God commanded, " Be ye Holy/Perfect, even as your God is Holy/Perfect", God gave the people of Israel an impossible commandment to obey? undecided

Are you saying that none of God's prophets were Holy, and none of the righteous men of Old, even those mentioned by Jesus Christ, were indeed righteous? undecided

2. Same with the Law, Jesus Christ in the Kingdom of God. You break one law, you have broken the Entire Law, yet Jesus Christ requires His followers to be perfect even as the Father is perfect/Holy. So are you insinuating Jesus Christ gave His followers an impossible commandment to obeyundecided

You are the one saying it and you are right. That's why you are saved through grace, not by obeying laws
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 3:13am On Nov 24, 2022
sonmvayina:

Where did you get this idea from?
So if I disobey my mum, it means I have had se.x with another man's wife...

Why are you thinking with your ass?

Please tell her/him

TenQ:

1 Like

Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by Kobojunkie: 3:22am On Nov 24, 2022
PoliteActivist:
You are the one saying it and you are right. That's why you are saved through grace, not by obeying laws
Who is saved through grace? undecided

You are only saved from Death - perishing in grave - by the eternal life(grace) which Jesus Christ gifts everyone who chooses to become of the Kingdom of God but grace does not save one afterwards from eternal damnation since even all those who will end up in eternal damnation- those who entered into the Kingdom of God through the Broad Gate which leads to destruction (Hell fire) - all of them born-again were also saved by grace - John 3 vs 1 - 8 & John 3 vs 16 - 21 & Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14 & Luke 13 vs 22 - 20. Everyone of those who will end up in eternal damnation also possess eternal life(grace) to spend in damnation. undecided

The salvation Jesus Christ gives to us is two fold and according to Him, only those who stand faithful- living in continuous submission and obedience of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ - until the end, will be saved by Jesus Christ- Matthew 24 vs 12 - 13 & Mark 13 vs 13 undecided
Re: Which Day Is Sabbath? Saturday Or Sunday? by PoliteActivist: 3:23am On Nov 24, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. I am afraid this is wrong! Paul's letters were written primarily to a Jewish audience. He indicates this from the first chapter of His letters and for good reason. undecided

As for John's rebuke of the Pharisees in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11, surely you are aware John was referring to them and not the people when He called them brood of vipers aka Sons of batches. undecided

2. Jews are saved from something different from that which Gentiles are saved from. Gentiles are saved from God's curse on mankind in Genesis 3 vs 16 - 22. undecided

I am mystified as to how you don't know the Paul's writings were mainly to churches he established amongst gentiles. See below

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Type Of World Would Be The Ideal World? / The Mistakes Of Constantine That Birthed The Trinity Doctrine, Paganism With Chr / Trinity Is Not Biblical

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.