Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,604 members, 7,823,619 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

401kk's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 401kk's Profile / 401kk's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

Jokes Etc / Re: Dean Vs His University Students; Interesting by 401kk: 8:45am On May 31, 2012
This is the joke of the month!
Business / Re: Earn $500 As Sign Up Bonus Alone! by 401kk: 9:52am On May 30, 2012
Stop spreading scam sites please.
Investment / Re: Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Sued By Shareholders Over IPO by 401kk: 10:29am On May 25, 2012
maclatunji:

Facebook may be losing out in the United States but it looks set to make some progress in Africa and Nigeria because of population would be on top of that list. It is just a matter of time before Facebook opens a Nigeria office. Too bad that Google saw the light ahead of them and is aggressively grabbing market share in Nigeria.

So tell me exactly how facebook will make money (real money) if it focuses on the nigerian market?
Politics / Re: Best Governor And Fastest Developing States In Nigeria? by 401kk: 8:55am On May 25, 2012
Abagworo: If we mean projects, housing, education, health, electricity, and city expansion then Rivers carries the day by far.
Stop talking nonsense.

@OP
Akwa Ibom. The governor is performing above the average nigerian standard.

2 Likes

Music/Radio / Re: Ice Prince.Wizkid & Sarkodie Nominated For BET Awards 2012 by 401kk: 8:48am On May 25, 2012
Who else but wizzzy? . . . I love ma baby thats ma baby. . . That song was the best naija song last year
Romance / Re: Even Pretty Girls Cry At Night by 401kk: 10:58pm On May 24, 2012
Why are they crying at night, dem be bush baby?

2 Likes

Investment / Re: Facebook Founder Mark Zuckerberg Sued By Shareholders Over IPO by 401kk: 10:38pm On May 24, 2012
Internet based business make money basically from three different ways. It's either
1. You sell stuff (Amazon)
2. You provide an essential service (paypal)
3. You provide a platform for companies/businesses to advertise their products on (Google, Facebook, Yahoo etc)

Facebook is a social media and they make money from ads (80 percent of fb revenue). They don't provide an essential service like google (search). Most facebook users are not valuable (business wise), linkedin has more valuable and serious users than facebook. I really don't know how facebook intends to generate billions of dollars in revenues given that
1. They don't and can't sell to their users
2. They don't provide an essential service
3. They can't charge their users for the service they provide

Divesting seems to be the only solution, but I think they'll be capable of knocking off the big guns (Amazon, Google, ebay, craiglist etc)
Google own a huge chunk of the internet market right now. If google sneezes alot businesses will freeze. Facebook should learn to take caution next time
Business / Re: As Promised My Forex Library by 401kk: 10:01am On May 20, 2012
Thanks for the indicators. May you remain blessed
Adverts / Re: Sites That Pay You! by 401kk: 7:59am On May 20, 2012
STEKENT: Welldone bros i like your spirit of selfless service. Thanks

There is love in sharing.

Here's a full list of adsense revenue sharing sites.

http://www.affiliatenetworksite.com/misc/ein.pdf
Web Market / Re: Scrapebox Aaa List by 401kk: 11:38pm On May 19, 2012
^
I do. Pm me if you're in need
Business / Re: I Want To Add Yahoo Ads To My Site So I Can Start Earning Some Money by 401kk: 11:37pm On May 19, 2012
Become a yahoo affiliate through cj. Thats the easiest method
Adverts / Re: $1000 A Month, Anybody With Good Internet Business by 401kk: 11:36pm On May 19, 2012
UncleJJ: I saw a post, like this on another thread cant remember which one.

ohhh - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-771187.0.html#msg9243874

However, will tell you the same thing i told that dude - i can teach you two methods: CPA and Article writing for associatedcontent.com

Below, i have attached - a summary of one of my CPA accounts, The other, dude said - he aint got a laptop; since you got one and a modem.

Your in a better position to learn.

You can reach me - jayjayatairu@gmail.com .

Hey, I'll love to know how you were accepted by adscendmedia. I tried applying last year but it was turned down. Thanks in advance
Business / Re: Start Your Profitable Internet Business Without Commiting A Dime by 401kk: 4:32pm On May 19, 2012
I won't advise anyone to start a business on the internet without committing cash. That smacks of unseriousness, it shows you don't value the business(you can't even call it a business).
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 1:01pm On May 19, 2012
courage89:

They have other means of monetizing besides selling database. Currently, they make money from add, content text, and from gamers. They have room to grow to generate revenue. The question still remains, can they unlock those other potential? How are they going to fend off competition, RenRen and others?

They can diversify by buying other technology company. They can buy operating system companies, and build organically to compete head on with MS, Google, Apple. They can buy manufacturing company, and integrate the company with Facebook competitive advantage. They can venture into cloud computing and integrate the company with their core competency. My point is; they have options, they have the people and the money. What else do you need.
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 12:56pm On May 19, 2012
auwal87: All I can tell you guys is LinkedIn gain over 100% in its first IPO day, from $45 to around $100. Imagine how many millions people made in just a single day, since thousands were able to buy at the opening rate of $45. Now Facebook is earning much more than LinkedIn, and is worth much more than LinkedIn, so if you compare it to LinkedIn alone, you will at least predict Facebook shares to raise to at least nothing less than $200 per share in the first week. This week has been a very hard week for the NASDAQ and the moment they bounce back, you will see FB shooting up like crazy. If you bought your FB shares today and you are wondering why it closed with a gain of just 23 cents, don't worry and wait for the opening next week, you will be surprised!
PS: I am not a stock expert, nor a wall street trader, just an opinion.

LinkedIn make the bulk of their earnings from paid subscriptions and their user database consists of mostly serious minded business executives etc. Since LinkedIn is a paid subscription site, it they deal with less spam issues unlike facebook. The spamming culture on facebook is becoming something else and this could make serious users lose interest. Same thing happened to myspace. Facebook won't the expectations of investors, pride comes before a fall.
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 8:46pm On May 18, 2012
courage89:
What still remains a "code" to be cracked is how they're going to monetize their 901 million people.
Keep in mind, if they don't crack the code. They can always diversify. When you have cash, you can do anything.

My conclusion, FACEBOOK IS HERE TO STAY. The next question is when are they going to be profitable?

They only way they can monetise their user database is if they sell it(thats the only way I can think of).
How can they diversify or where will they diversify to?
Facebook is already a profitable company, but after the IPO, they need to be more profitable to meet the expectations of investors. If they can't, things might get messy
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 8:37pm On May 18, 2012
courage89:

Facebook is here to stay, that i can tell you.
What still remains a "code" to be cracked is how they're going to monetize their 901 million people.
Keep in mind, if they don't crack the code. They can always diversify. When you have cash, you can do anything.

My conclusion, FACEBOOK IS HERE TO STAY. The next question is when are they going to be profitable?

Of course facebook as a social networking site is here to stay. But they made the biggest mistake in going public. They have given G+ the best opportunity to leverage.
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 8:09pm On May 18, 2012
Facebook will soon be gone
Investment / Re: Facebook Shares Opens At $42 As Trading Begins by 401kk: 8:07pm On May 18, 2012
Greed always kill even the best business principles. Facebook will have to answer investors when they don't meet expected quarters. Thats when companies get desperate and crazy shìt happens. .lol
Business / Re: #400,000:00 To Invest,what Can He Do With It.? by 401kk: 6:39pm On May 18, 2012
Forex is the way to go.
Adverts / Re: Is There Still Nigerian & Can A Nigerian Run Verified Paypal Acct From Nigeria? by 401kk: 6:36pm On May 18, 2012
Its possible, but not without its own problems.
Adverts / Re: Sites That Pay You! by 401kk: 1:12am On May 18, 2012
More
Adverts / Re: Sites That Pay You! by 401kk: 1:19pm On May 17, 2012
Bright Hub (writing)

https://secure.brighthub.com/tools/writerregistration/
$15 up front plus residuals

more to come
Adverts / Re: Sites That Pay You! by 401kk: 1:16pm On May 17, 2012
more....

Review Me (blogging)
https://www.reviewme.com/create_account.php?blogger=true
$20.00-$200.00 per review

Pay You To Blog (Blogging)
http://www.payu2blog.com/blogger-signup.htm
$5 per post plus contest bonuses

Blogsvertise (blogging)
http://www.blogsvertise.com/reg/index.php
$4-$25 per post

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.