Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,738 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

401kk's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 401kk's Profile / 401kk's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 17 pages)

Culture / Re: Nigeria Most Influential Monarch by 401kk: 9:17am On Dec 17, 2012
ezeagu:

Imo has ozo and nze title, Northern Delta has ozo and nze title. Some cultural practices were influenced or came from Nri a long time ago, most especially religion.

That's not a FACT.
Culture / Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by 401kk: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2012
Onlytruth:

If we were still practicing that original Igbo marriage , the issue of same sex marriage would NEVER even arise because the very nature of that marriage makes it impossible for the issue to arise.
In the new culture we adopted, the issue is there, and it is discriminatory to not accord same sex couples similar regard and protection.

I think you're totally missing some important points.
Homosexuality (the idea or practice of a person being involved in a sexual or romantic relationship with a person of the same sex) is an ABOMINATION in Igbo land. Yes, Igbo culture has evolved over the years to fit in with adopted culture but that does not necessarily mean we've lost all inherited traditions, moral codes etc.
Culture / Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by 401kk: 8:42am On Dec 17, 2012
Onlytruth, I urge you read Elechi Amadi's "The Concubine". It will enrich your perspectives and views concerning marriage and relationships in Igboland.
Entertainment / Re: Daniel Wilson Finally Marries, Shows Off His 3 Adorable Kids by 401kk: 11:48pm On Dec 16, 2012
slimyem: shut up there!
Is this meaningful lyrics?

Is that the only song he sang?
Politics / Re: Aregbesola Prohibits Chieftaincy Titles For Osun Officials by 401kk: 11:46pm On Dec 16, 2012
What a stupìd policy. So what if it was on merit of hardwork?
Politics / Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by 401kk: 11:34pm On Dec 16, 2012
shymexx:

Zik being a true nationalist is the biggest lie ever told... I used to be a big fan of the man when I was into Pan-Africanism, being that he was the only famous "Pan-Africanist" from Nigeria... However, after reading more about the guy - personally, I think he single-handedly destroyed the little hope Nigeria had at independence...

He was more of an opportunist and a snake, trust me... I can post some of the things he did on this thread if you want... This man even betrayed his own people during the war just to save himself and his investments in Lagos... Zik was a fraud!

I don't rate snakes, I'm sorry..

What is nationalism? How is Zik not a nationalist? Zik fought for Independence in Africa; he was against colonialism; he was not a myopic tribalist.
He wasn't called Zik of Africa for nothing. He is the most revered Nigerian today (Yes).

1 Like

Politics / Re: Did Nigerian Intelligence Kill Azazi by 401kk: 8:21pm On Dec 16, 2012
You don't need intelligence to kill a profile personality in Nigeria.
Politics / Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by 401kk: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
J12:

Nigeria's problem is complicated, very very complicated.
The genesis of the problem can be traced back to 1966 (Year of the first coup and first holistic change of governmental system).
The cancer/problem escalated tremendously over the next five/six years and here we are. It has eaten deep into our political, cultural, economic and religious systems.
The damage is irreparable and we are past redemption. We just have keep living like this till God knows when.
Politics / Re: In Your Own Views, What Actually Is Nigeria's Problem? by 401kk: 8:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
J12:

Nigeria's problem is complicated, very very complicated.
The genesis of the problem can be traced back to 1966 (Year of the first coup and first holistic change of governmental system).
The cancer/problem escalated tremendously over the next five/six years and here we are. It has eaten deep into our political, cultural, economic and religious systems.
The damage is irreparable and we are past redemption. We just have keep living like this till God knows when.

Of all the posts in this thread, yours struck me as the most truthful. Those years 1966- 1973 were the defining moments in our post independent life, events that occured during those years are the reason why we're here. Had it been the status quo was maintained i.e no coup, no Ironsi's unitary government, no kano massacre, no civil war, no state creation by Gowon . . . We would have been the light of Africa by now given that system and structure of government then was suitable to our complexity, the leaders we had then were extremely visionary and selfless and to cap it all, we were a nubile and nascent country.
Events (and consequences) of those dark years have triggered a severe deterioration in almost facets of our national lives that there's almost no way outta the mess. Only a new identity can save us.
Politics / Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by 401kk: 7:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
Odunnu: Womaniser is relative. What is your definition?

Ok. Sorry
Culture / Re: My Perspective On Same Sex "Marriage". by 401kk: 7:09pm On Dec 16, 2012
You made a wrong statement when you said that marriage(ALL) in Igboland is not based on love. Thats an absolute statement which is wrong.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by 401kk: 7:02pm On Dec 16, 2012
Odunnu:
None. Your insinuation too is unfounded, baseless and holds no water

Hahaha. Your stance on Sullivans womanising ways reeks of hypocrisy. So you want to tell me that, you, Odunnu, a long time resident of 042 will deny Sullivan is a womaniser?
Politics / Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by 401kk: 6:52pm On Dec 16, 2012
Odunnu:
I just couldnt ignore this your holier than thou attitude.
I wish His Excellency Sullivan is an AIDs victim. I mean, If I were to make a choice between what he is suffering now and AIDs, i'll gladly embrace AIDs.
By the way, how do you know he is promiscous? Rumours, propaganda, more rumours. Just learn to keep quiet in matters you know nothing about.

How many Kia Picanto wey you get?
Culture / Re: Nigeria Most Influential Monarch by 401kk: 5:41pm On Dec 16, 2012
ezeagu:

I know a lot of posters here will like to get angry, but the Eze Nri is actually quite influential since he was the one that gave Col. Ojukwu a title. Around 2/5 of Igboland is influenced by him and the kingdom is the oldest in Nigeria, and most of eastern Nigeria has felt dome impact in the past by the kingdom.
His influence ends in Anambra and perhaps, some part of enugu. He has no influence over Ndi Imo, Abia na Ebonyi. His kingdom being the oldest in Igbo land doesn't give him influence over other Igbo .
Entertainment / Re: Daniel Wilson Finally Marries, Shows Off His 3 Adorable Kids by 401kk: 5:33pm On Dec 16, 2012
babyosisi: It looks like I have found a wife for my little man
What a cute girl
Beautiful children they have

What if your little man is not into females?

@OP
Nice pic.

1 Like

Politics / Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by 401kk: 10:23am On Dec 16, 2012
cryptic:
Bros How u take know now?Lol
Sullivan is pôrn star, everybody in the state knows. He even got his wife's sister pregnant.
Celebrities / Re: NaetoC Beats-up Blogger At DJ Neptune's Wedding In Lagos by 401kk: 10:16am On Dec 16, 2012
If to say na me wey Naeto C do this kind thing ehn? Chai! Make I no talk again.
Fashion / Re: Pictures Of Agbani Darego At The Rivers Carnival 2012 by 401kk: 10:12am On Dec 16, 2012
She's just there and she needs to eat too. The other pictures aren't pictures taken in a carnival.

2 Likes

Culture / Re: Nigeria Most Influential Monarch by 401kk: 10:06am On Dec 16, 2012
Igbo amaghi eze - Igbo doesn't know kingship. No Igbo king deserves to be called influential, the Obi of Onitsha, Asagba of Asaba, Eze Gbakagbaka of Ikwerre et al are not as influentual as their western and northern counterparts. The history and age of the throne can't be over three hundred years old in comparison with their western and northern counterparts. The size of their kingdom is not as large as that of their western and northern counterparts.

The influence of a monarch depends on three basic factors.
1. The age of the throne
2. The size of the kingdom
3. The power of the kingdom

going by these factors, my list of influential monarchs will be
1. The Ooni
2. Emir of Kano
3. The Sultan
4. The Oba of Benin
5. The Shehu of Borno
6. The Aalafin

can't remember the others
Politics / Re: Enugu Governor, Chime Is Dead - Punch by 401kk: 8:49am On Dec 16, 2012
His womanising is legendary, perhaps he fùcked the wrong pùssy.
Foreign Affairs / Re: Face Of Adam Lanza Connecticut Elementary School Gunman by 401kk: 8:16am On Dec 16, 2012
segend: This is why people should not be allowed to carry guns in nigeria, I think it would be worse, if guns were allowed here. With our Aluu mentality, it would be terrible. Except if the aim is to reduce our population. I once heard of a naval officer that shot an okada rider because he hit his car, and u hear of regular tales of people pouring acid on someone, or the way people fight and abuse each other in traffic or when hit. I think we have more mentally unstable people.

And you're probably one of the mentally unstable Nigerians.

1 Like

Foreign Affairs / Re: Face Of Adam Lanza Connecticut Elementary School Gunman by 401kk: 8:11am On Dec 16, 2012
murphylee08:

Nancy Lanza divorced Adam’s father, Peter, in 2008. Peter Lanza, now a vice president of taxes for GE Energy Financial Services, agreed to annual alimony payments that started at $240,000 and would have reached $298,800 in 2015.

Geez. This is crazier than the murders.
Family / Re: Couple Celebrates 80th Wedding Anniversary, Shares Secrets To Lasting Marriage by 401kk: 9:22am On Nov 21, 2012
Feminists won't like this news.

1 Like

Jokes Etc / Funny Signatures On Nairaland by 401kk: 10:30am On Nov 18, 2012
ijebu garri no dey do advert,but e still dey sell pass indomie,moral of story#Inoneedshout

grin grin

1 Like

Romance / Re: Do You Ever Plan On Being In A Permanent Relationship? by 401kk: 5:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
candieangel12:
Thank you for your advice. But dont worry, I must find a man that looks as good. smiley

What if you dont?
Romance / Re: Guys, Would You Prefer To Be Friend Zoned Than Be Rejected Outrightly? by 401kk: 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2012
LMAO. Thats wickit
J12: Outright rejection.

Being friend zoned is similar to telling to a girl:
"You’re pretty cool, I suppose, but you’re not that pretty. I definitely am not physically turned by you. To be honest, you’re just that not exciting and I can do better than you. Why do I even want to keep you around? Well, I don’t know. Your friend Cynthia is totally hot. I do want to have sex with her. You have a few other friends that are cute, too. Plus, as a guy, it does make me look a little cooler and more attractive if I have several female hanger-ons. Ugh, but again, just thinking about your naked body makes me ill.”

Romance / Re: Guys, Would You Prefer To Be Friend Zoned Than Be Rejected Outrightly? by 401kk: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
wildorchid: Some guys like being friend zoned.

Why do you say so?
Romance / Re: Guys, Would You Prefer To Be Friend Zoned Than Be Rejected Outrightly? by 401kk: 4:56pm On Nov 16, 2012
k2039: I prefer to be enemy zoned than friend zoned.

Outright rejection is better for me.

hmmm
Romance / Guys, Would You Prefer To Be Friend Zoned Than Be Rejected Outrightly? by 401kk: 2:45pm On Nov 16, 2012
Which is better - A girl you are interested in having a relationship with says it'll be better if you both are friends than lovers
Or
She rejects you totally?
Romance / Do You Ever Plan On Being In A Permanent Relationship? by 401kk: 1:04pm On Nov 14, 2012
Be honest, do you ever plan on being in a permanent, committed, monogamous relationship with someone of the opposite sex, and share the rest of your remaining existence with them?
Family / Re: From The Son Of A Feminist by 401kk: 12:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
debrief08:
She didnt get an award for believing men are evil she got an award for promoting womens rights which are also human rights.
What you intend to do with this post is almost the same as what she was guilty of generalization because of someone who was obviously extreme did harm to her son.
She was guilty also of the same thing she intended to fight, gender discrimination, instead of promoting fairness she promoted unfairness to another s3x. You seem to want to put all women who believe in womens rights in the same catergory as her, she was extreme and had an unhealthy obsession, others have balanced their views well to accommodate others

I'm sorry, do you know this woman? I bet you don't.

You also buttressed what the point the man was trying to make, that feminists are guilty of what they're fighting for and for every problem they intend to solve, they create two more instead.
Family / Re: From The Son Of A Feminist by 401kk: 11:45am On Nov 10, 2012
debrief08:
Her professional life was different from her personal life, people can be so put together in their professional lives and broken and unstable in their personal lives.
People who we celebrate outside for their achievements can be monsters and terrors to their loved ones at home. Award winning celebrities have been discovered to be ra-pists, child abus3rs and spouse beaters, that someone is put together outside doesnt make them sane

She's very sane. She has a belief, that all men are evil - she actually got an award for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (of 17 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.