Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,426 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

401kk's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 401kk's Profile / 401kk's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

Travel / Re: Air Nigeria Grounded For Safety Checks by 401kk: 11:13am On Jun 13, 2012
Noise makers. This will last for just a few minutes, and the culture of mediocrity continues.
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Re: Pictures Of Nairalanders - Please Post Yours by 401kk: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2012
[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/727519[/img]
Are you really this beautiful? Do you have a boyfriend?

5 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2012
logicboy:

Backwards according the the human development index. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index

It is their standard, not ours. We are not obliged to live up to them.

Murder. America. How many innocent Iraqis were murdered? Did George Bush or his soldiers go to trial for war crimes? What if abortion is murder? Is it legal isn some countries?

So you're basically that commiting murder is moral in the United States? Why don't you go to Texas, kill Bush and see how it goes?
The United S. was at war, thats a different scenario.

Poltical lobbying. Is it entirely illegal to pat law makers to push bills that favour your company?

Huh?

Stealing. Is fair trade and international trade not stealing? Are Western countries not expoliting African countries in a perfectly legal way for their natural resources?

You seem lost and you're trying to complicate simple issues you seem not to understand. Try and be reasonable please.

[/quote]
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 10:26am On Jun 13, 2012
logicboy:

And you wonder why these societies are backwards.

Morality is subjective

Backwards according to whose standards?

If morality is subjective, name a society, nation or culture where it is morally right to commit murder, ràpe young children, steal and rob.?
Politics / Re: Implement Senate’s Resolution Immortalising Abiola – Tinubu ! by 401kk: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2012
Afam is right. I really don't understand the reason behind the sudden Abiola immortalization furore.
People like H. Macaulay who deserve more than being pictured on an obsolete coin are never being considered and have been erased from national history, while we let sentiments and emotions govern our national life.
Business / Re: Who Is Richer Between Seun Osewa, Nairaland And Linda Ikeji, by 401kk: 9:59am On Jun 13, 2012
Frontpage pls
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 9:53am On Jun 13, 2012
In some (if not most) traditional african societies, it is immoral to not have a belief in supreme beings.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 9:45am On Jun 13, 2012
@2good

Is murder, rape, robbery and theft immoral?
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 9:43am On Jun 13, 2012
2good:

Is Atheism/ Agnosticism immoral?

In some cultures/societies. Yes
Celebrities / Re: Nigerian Celebrities And Red Carpet Dressing by 401kk: 8:09am On Jun 13, 2012
Be a celebrity and stop criticising them. You're not better of
Religion / Re: Can Nigeria Be Better Off, If Our Leaders Swears By Our Ancient Deities by 401kk: 7:55am On Jun 13, 2012
Is your idea based on the premise that nigerians fear these deities more than the foreign ones?

Do you (to a spiritual/religious certainty) believe that these deities exist and work (like a supposed supernatural)?

Do you know how to they operate?
Religion / Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by 401kk: 12:37am On Jun 13, 2012
Religious leaders have no constitutional authority, so you are not mandated to abide their teachings or follow them.
Christianity is not the only religion being practised in Nigeria, we also have muslims who arguably are half the country's population.
It seems you have a problem with the christain faith, not religious leaders and your post is full of trash.

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Angry Nigerian Builds Nuclear Weapon, Threatens To Blow Up National Assembly by 401kk: 7:55pm On Jun 12, 2012
They need to face a life threatening call for once in their lives.

1 Like

Politics / Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 401kk: 7:52pm On Jun 12, 2012
alj harem:

Nope it is actually people like you that see evil and allows it to continue.

If your father/loved one steals from Nigerian which inevitably would cause the death of others. Would you allow them to go and arrest them ? Sir you are wicked.

Evil things occur when good people see it happening and do nothing about it. This is a common saying.

If Hitler's sister had stabbed him to death 10 million Jews would not have been dead

If Babangida had kill Abacha earlier, most of those people would not have been dead.

You really don't know people like the OP, i've met heartless, irrational people like him. He mentality is akin to that of Hitler and co. They're a very disgusting set of people.
Business / Re: Facebook Money by 401kk: 2:11pm On Jun 12, 2012
Why don't you put it down here and get more credit?
Politics / Re: Farouk Lawan: Femi Otedola's $500K Bribe Was To Expose Him by 401kk: 10:45am On Jun 12, 2012
^ what do rats like you gain from posting these logs on threads?

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 10:34am On Jun 12, 2012
2good:

No morality is subjective and based on culture and religious inclination. Who defines the general standard of morality?

Morality is objective to a certain standard. There are certain moral codes that are acceptable across all human societies regardless of their religion like; killing, stealing, adultery and some sort of sexual behaviour (like bestiality, necrophillia), respect for marriage and family, respect for senior citizens. . .
Subjective morality is determined by a peoples religion and total culture like polygamy, respect for the opposite sex, certain sexual behaviour like homosexualism, nudity and exhibitionism, . . . Etc.

When a Nigerian go to western countries, all they complain about are irrelevant things like how the women dress during summer, lack of respect for elders, etc.
Subjective morality

but in Nigeria, you have the following problems nobody is looking at:
1. Extreme curruption of the highest order which is the reason why poverty and suffering is rife.

All humans are disposed and susceptible to corruption and greed. Alot of nigerians(majority) are not happy with the level of corruption in the country

2. Level of female prostitution both officially and unofficially is to the extreme because of lack of jobs.

The nigerian public frowns on prostitution and it is not extremely high.

3. The police and military personnel are Lord of the general public.
This has nothing to do with morality.

4. Street urchins popularly called area boys are part of the normal process of living in major cities and they make like unbearable for people.
5. Extortion by government officials when you deal with them e.g Police, Customs, immigration, local government offices etc.
6. Children are abused by parent in the name of training.
7. Extreme tribalism and hatred for people of other tribes.
8. Extreme discrimation in the name of religious bigotry. People refuse to live together and even marry just because Mr/Mrs A is a Christian while Mr/Mrs B is a Muslim, etc.
9. You pay estimated bill to PHCN when you dont get light for the whole month otherwise they will disconnect your wire from the electric source.
10.Pastors taking advantage of gullibility of people.
11.Women refusing to divorce their husband despite being regularly battered by her husbands because of cultural pressure against divorce.
12.Women forced to marry the brother of their late husband because of culture.
13.Girls in the villages and rural areas taken advantage of by old men and nothing is done because it is a normal cultural practice with no one to fight for them .
The list goes on and on

Nigeria is generally a sick country. The problem Nigerians have is using outdated religious and cultural teachings and indoctrination to define what is moral forgetting that every human being want to have some level of freedom in life(without causing harm to others at thesame time)

bla bla bla
Sports / Re: Christian Obodo: I Outran My Captors And No Police Operation Rescued Me by 401kk: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2012
Lol. I remember when my elder sister was kidnapped, she had to escape from the trunk of a moving vehicle while they crossing speed bumps.
It's always an advantage to be smart and security conscious. Obodo really impressed me, although his abductors were not the smartest kidnappers, most "kidnappees" will wait in the jungle and cry for the police to come to their aid.
Politics / Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 401kk: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2012
PointB:

@Ogugua,
maybe this will help you further, consider us as "Anambra Association in California', not 'Nigerian Association in California'. It's as simple as that.

More like it my man. I really don't understand why she's even in a ethnic association when according to her "nigeria is corrupt from head to toe". Why can't she scoff at her anambra and neeni association in california, telling them that they're wasting their time since "nigeria is corrupt from head to toe".
The girl is simply enjoying the cheap accolades she garnering for her unrealistic comments on real issues. She should enjoy it while it lasts
Politics / Re: Are You From Anambra State? by 401kk: 9:12am On Jun 12, 2012
Who made upthe statistics and "facts" mr rufai used in criticising the government?
Because I'm wary of any statistic that claims that anambra is a "rural state". In Nigeria, I don't trust any statistical report because they overtly twisted to suit the political egos and needs of the "statisticians". Also, to collect and organise statistical data in nigeria is an extremely difficult task.

It is easy to criticize from doctored statistics that looks "pleasing to the eye", while you are totally oblivious and ignorant of facts that matter. If el rufai wants to criticize, he should go to anambra state first and criticise from what he sees on ground. That is what true criticism is in naija.
Obi is one of the few governors who will be able to a full account of his government after he leaves office. He is not as bad as people here make of him, he's not the worst performing governor in the south east. I wonder where that would leave Mr martin elechi of ebonyi state.
Politics / Re: Igbos Cannot Produce The Next President Of Nigeria by 401kk: 1:56am On Jun 12, 2012
You don't need to a "political leader" in order to be a president. Yar'adua wasn't same with Goodluck. What you need is good smart politicking and money(ask Abiola). That said, it will be easier for an Igbo man to become the president than a "full blown" northerner - an igbo man has more chances.

I also admire Tinubu's political intuition, the only Igbo who had that sort of political skill was orji uzor kalu. But he was too greedy, he messed his state up and messed himself up in the process.

2015 will be a year of the unexpected:
Will Nigeria still be one by then?
Will there be any major change in our governmental system?
Will there be a revolution?
Politics / Re: Gunmen Attacking Boarding Students In FGC-Kano. by 401kk: 1:40am On Jun 12, 2012
So sad that I'm a nigerian.
Politics / Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 401kk: 1:37am On Jun 12, 2012
ogugua88:

I agree with this last bit. I don't know what "The Igbo Cause" is. Nigeria is a mess in its entirety. I don't know how they find time or opportunity to focus on "The Igbo Cause". It's embarrassing that there are people who are still calling themselves Biafrans, who are still fighting for a(n) Biafran/Igbo cause, who can't put their vendettas aside to deal with a much bigger problem. They may think Igbos are the best tribe or have their own agenda, but they still come from Nigeria, one of the most unstable, feared nations not only in the continent, but in the world. Some priorities need to be straightened.

This is some real asinine talk.

3 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 1:33am On Jun 12, 2012
Morality and ethics are a bit subjective and vary culturally. The ten commandments (not all) in bible are very objective and are the rudimentary moral code across many societies and culture regardless of their regilious beliefs.
We can all agree that everywhere in the world, it is immoral/a crime to kill, steal, commit adultery etc. . . Using this as a yardstick to juxtapose both countries, I think (my opinion) the United states is more immoral as a country than Nigeria.
Politics / Re: If My Father Steals I Will Jail Him. by 401kk: 1:15am On Jun 12, 2012
People like the OP make very bad leaders. Totalitarian, marchiavellian, inflexible and undiplomatic.
Anybody who wishes to see his loved one go through pain and anguish is an animal.
Sports / Re: Nat. Assembly To Honour Mikel Obi - Worth It? by 401kk: 1:08am On Jun 12, 2012
Not a bad idea.
Business / Re: Dangote Opens Obajana Cement Plant In Kogi by 401kk: 1:04am On Jun 12, 2012
I don't know why Jonathan is licking this man's ass this much. What will be the benefit of a cement institute or whateva? Will that reduce the expensive price we pay for cement? Why is dangote extorting nigerians?
Business / Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by 401kk: 4:15pm On Jun 02, 2012
I think it will be better if you start offline first before getting an online presence. Although it will be more expensive, you'll be able to build a solid customer base and gain reputation faster. The main reason i'm saying this is due to the fact that Nigerians don't patronise online shops that much. Only a micro fraction of the Nigerian public shop online.
You're also going into fashion, which performs much better offline.
Business / Re: To Invest In Lingerie Website - Good Or Bad Idea? by 401kk: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2012
Just a website only? I don't think its a good idea.
Autos / Re: . . . by 401kk: 8:58pm On Jun 01, 2012
I'll give you 1.2 million for this mini-van. I need it seriously. . 08060482660

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.