Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,601 members, 7,823,610 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:21 PM

401kk's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 401kk's Profile / 401kk's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 7:02pm On Jun 15, 2012
all4naija: Maybe, it would be better to say that certain things take time to find out or to be known.

Its all the same thing. Since the existence and nonexistence of God is unprovable, it is reasonable to be an agnostic for the time being.
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 6:51pm On Jun 15, 2012
queensmith:

lol, no i don't (but why are most men in prison eh?!)

Too much TESTOSTERONE. lol

queensmith:
I think it's down to nurture than nature. Men are encouraged to think out of the box and women aren't. It's nothing to do with men being more logical, women haven't been given enough of a chance, at the end of the day it isn't women that created religion, in the bible women are even told not to speak, the qoran tells them they are worth half of a man. So religion is probably not even the choice of a woman, yet we have been subjected to it anyway, the same men who 'logically' created it it are now turning around to 'logically' deny it, who is to say if women were in charge from the very start religion will even exist?

naa. I don't agree with you.
We are now in the 21ist century, women are now being encouraged (more than we men) to think out of the box. Still, women are more religious than men. Being more religious implies that they adhere to an established, popular, spirituality with a hierarchical structure and an authority figure in place. Women are more prone to follow this; women are by nature, and by necessity, followers. Thats also why we have more female groupies btw
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 6:25pm On Jun 15, 2012
2good:

Thought you are a religious freak!!

I'm not. I maintain the stance that certain things cannot be known. That means I'm agnostic
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 6:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
queensmith:

you are very bad, but i'm going to be equally as bad and paste this;

Rodney Stark, a professor of sociology and comparative religion at the University of Washington, flips the question around: Why are men less religious? Far more males than females have an underdeveloped ability to inhibit their impulses, especially those involving immediate gratification and thrills. The upshot is that some men are shortsighted and don't think ahead, Stark said, and so "going to prison or going to hell just doesn't matter to these men

LMAO!! This is really funny, and the most phucked up thesis I've ever seen in my life.

Queensmith do you believe him?
Religion / Re: The Mother Of Us All by 401kk: 5:29pm On Jun 15, 2012
How is eve my mother, is she even black?

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is It A Sin To Burn A Bible? by 401kk: 5:22pm On Jun 15, 2012
What is a "sin"?
Politics / Re: $3million bribery: Farouk Lawan in police custody by 401kk: 5:07pm On Jun 15, 2012
Can't he be sentenced to life? That will surely serve as a deterrent to his ilk.
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 5:01pm On Jun 15, 2012
queensmith:

You obviously have some sort of dyslexia, how many men here have said they will marry an atheist, nonsense.

Take the census yourself, I don't have the time. It is also well known that women are more religious (theistic) than men. Men are also a majority in the atheist population.
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 4:48pm On Jun 15, 2012
Most men wouldn't mind marrying an atheist in the first place because they're more open minded and logical than women. You can see that from the thread
Religion / Re: Will You Marry An Atheist? by 401kk: 4:18pm On Jun 15, 2012
As an agnostic, I absolutely see nothing wrong in marrying a reasonable and matured-minded christian or atheist. Beliefs shouldn't cause acrimony in a relationship.
Politics / Re: Campaign Against Your Rep Member by 401kk: 2:14pm On Jun 15, 2012
Good thinking, wrong country.
Politics / Re: Okonjo-iweala Warns Nigerians To Prepare For Economic Recession by 401kk: 2:09pm On Jun 15, 2012
Beaf: If the states and LG's were not reliant on oil awuf, there would be no recession.

They have been constitutionally positioned to be perpetually reliant on the federal government. They're not to be blamed for that, rather they should be blamed for their gross inefficiency and maladministration, just like the FG.
The way we go on about oil in Nigeria, you would think the average person was an invalid with an IQ at fish level; too useless to produce anything, work, invent or be useful to society.

That's the problem! Nigerians are not educated.

The way we go on and on about oil, any foreigner would think the country consists of a pack of indolent who think that states and LG's only function as conduit pipes for awuf from Abuja.
True

I feel deep shame each time discussions like this one come up, because it is proof that Nigeria has no future.

We all do my brother.
Let us be in recession forever if that is what will get us thinking. A man who does not work should not eat.

Amen
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 2:40am On Jun 15, 2012
LOL.
I never knew I was talking to some ignorant atheists. Goodbye
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 7:53pm On Jun 14, 2012
2good:

Anyone who think morality is based on Christianity or Jesus Christ is also not sound.

Morality has always been based on religion. Where do you think morals come from?
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 2:58pm On Jun 14, 2012
SNCOQ3:

Just to butrress your point:

“War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.”
-John Stuart Mill

“when law and morality contradict each other, the citizen has the cruel alternative of either losing his moral sense or losing his respect for the law.”
-Frederic Bastiat

“one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws.”
-Martin Luther King Jr

401kk, please note the allusion to objective morality in the respective quote.

Anybody who believes that morality is totally subjective is not sound. If morality is subjective, that also means that the holocaust and other crimes against humanity can be justified?
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Re: Pictures Of Nairalanders - Please Post Yours by 401kk: 11:37pm On Jun 13, 2012
Tashaluv is so beautiful.

2 Likes

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 11:33pm On Jun 13, 2012
Ptolomeus:
Are you sure?
The most of the time a war starts with a lie, with the excuse of war are violat.ed, tortured, killed innocents.
What do we justify?
You've read about the latest U.S. war campaigns?
Allow me to disagree.

Some wars are justifiable, instances are when a group of people are being oppressed/killed unjustly and fighting back is the only option.
Death, rápe, starvation etc are sacrifices we make while at war.
Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 11:26pm On Jun 13, 2012
logicboy:

Does it really matter who tells the truth? The truth remains true despite the messenger. For your information, the HDI was formed by an Indian and Pakistani.

Furthermore, whatever standard you use, Nigeria is a backwards country. Our literacy levels are behind many countries. What about electricity? Does the average Nigerian have constant access to the internet? No.

You just said that killing an enemy in an unjustified war is not murder. You are foolish.

Exchange? Selling natural resources to foreign entities and pocketing the money in one person's account instead of putting it for the benefit of the state or people is exchange?

Do you call cheating "exchange"? Where foriegn entities are allowed to buy as much cocoa but they would not allow us to sell the same amount in finished products like chocolate to their countries?

You are very ignorant

You are a dumb and senseless kid.
Dating And Meet-up Zone / Re: Pictures Of Nairalanders - Please Post Yours by 401kk: 9:59pm On Jun 13, 2012
Most Beautiful ladies on the thread (top three)-
tashaluv, virgo, ogugua.

Most handsome guys (top three) - 2buff, moonraker, j12.

More pic pls

2 Likes

Politics / Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Parliamentary Office - Constitutional Conference in Progress... by 401kk: 4:32pm On Jun 13, 2012
ndu_chucks: You people should take a chill pill, relax, regroup, and learn from your mistakes, instead of shamelessly continuing to defend it. In furtherance of this ya relaxation, please read this, for lack of a better term, Igbo haiku.

CASHLESS ECONOMY

An Ijaw man invited friends for his mother’s burial
after lowering the coffin, they put yam. Rice, meat e.t.c. into the grave.

A Hausa man smiled & said. “According to our tradition, the dead go on a long journey & need all the food items they can get”

The Hausa man dropped, N200,000 inside and said, “When za food finish, buy more”. Not to be outdone, the Yoruba friend dropped N150,000 and said, add this in case Yahaya’s contributions are not enough.

The Igboman, Nwabuzo, smiled and brought out his check book and wrote a cheque of N400,000, drooped it in the coffin & took N350,000 notes change, then said, “Nwanne, withdraw when you reach dia o, its going to be a dangerous journey, we don’t know how many robbers are out there, so its better to go cashless.

Igbo Kwezenu!!! cheesy

Old joke made up by uche ogbuagu over 8 years ago. it is now boring
Politics / Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by 401kk: 4:10pm On Jun 13, 2012
~Bluetooth:

shut up,Diplomacy is not about beauty contest.

Thunder fire you! She is more intelligent than 99 percent of the women in your state.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Religious Leaders Are The Real ENEMIES Of Nigeria. by 401kk: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2012
acidtalk:

I heard you are an usher in your church.
Your fear is that if the truth is spoken and people get to realize the truth, that directly means your church will go bankrupt which leaves you totally pennyless as no more 'tips' again from members of your church on sundays.

Were have you heard a muslim leader buying a jet, or owning a mosque. Most of them barely even do have exotic cars, and those that do, they personally use their funds to run them and cater for themselves.

Must People like you always drag sentiments to every discussion.

Now run to bed and go drown in your foo*l*ishness.

You are a senile monkey!

1. Religious leaders don't force you to listen to what they say, pay for their jets or to obey and adhere to their teachings. You do so out of your own volition
2. You are a fool to you say religious leaders are the real enemies of Nigeria.

You are just so stupid
Politics / Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by 401kk: 3:39pm On Jun 13, 2012
Bianca is more intelligent than everybody hating her in this thread.

1 Like

Religion / Re: Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? by 401kk: 3:31pm On Jun 13, 2012
logicboy:

I should have known that you're ignorant. West Africa is clearly backwards in human development and yet, you try to argue against evidence? What are the education levels, income levels and life expectancy for the average West African? As a Nigerian, is the poverty and illiteracy that you see in Nigeria a step forward or backwards?

You prove my point by saying that the Iraq war is justified. There are two whole groups that are against the Iraq war and call it genocide. Most Arab nations and liberals. Whose morality is right? What was the justification if the Iraq war again?

If you dont understand the failure of fair trade and the exploitative nature of international trade between the West and Africa, then shut up. Dont argue out of ignorance.

1. You are a fat foool: The HDI was created by the europeans to gauge their standard of living compared to other continents and races. They are judging your ignorant life according to their standard.

2. You are mad: It is immoral to commit murder anywhere in the world regardless of religion and culture. In cases of wars (whether justified or not), killing (not murder) can be justified because your opponents are enemies.

3. You brain needs to be fumigated if you call an exchange stealing.
Politics / Re: Bianca Ojukwu Appointed Ambassador To Spain by 401kk: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2012
She is so beautiful...

2 Likes

Family / Re: Deleted Post by 401kk: 1:29pm On Jun 13, 2012
queensmith:

it's not the only reason, they've been raised with 'its a mens world' mentality. Believing men can do what they like and get away with it and all they need to do is be married to be happy. Thats why alot of them don't even focus on having proper careers and never have enough to sustain themselves.

Why are you so angry at the world?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (of 17 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.