Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,450 members, 7,812,377 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:27 PM

What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba (13508 Views)

Meeting Between Yoruba And Ibo Leaders In 1989 / "Igbo In The North Must Dissociate From Kanu, Biafra" - Dasuki / What I Have Learnt From Kanu As A Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
petsam11:

Dude! At the bolded, you just messed up like seriously I must confess! You claim to be a Son of the Soil in Yorubaland if I am not mistaken, "Omolabi" (not sure of I got the spelling. But like seriously, you just proved that you are selfish and self-centered. Do you even know that you are among the people in Yorubaland helping outsiders to succeed in "divide and rule"? Do you know that what you said is a typical example of "divide and rule" amongst your own brothers? How can you say that?
It's just like saying Ogun people handle your Wahala make the Osun people, Ekiti people and Kwara people handle theirs. Seriously speaking from your comment you were not reasonable at all (I am not insulting you but telling you the bitter truth).
You should know that Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is from Abia State but for the fact that he knows what election boycott (first in) Anambra State will help him achieve in the Biafra struggle he pushed for it. That is love for his people whether you like it or not "an Igboman is an Igboman" regardless of any state he comes from. Even some of the ones that are saying that they are not Igbo (because of brainwash) yet bear Igbo names and surnames, share the same culture, the same traditional dress code, etc. Within them the truth is that they know they are IGBO. But like they say it is one thing to identify your problem and yet another to acknowledge it is your problem. They all know they are Igbo. That's why I like what the OP said, he is not saying away from the truth. He said the truth and you what to stylishly shut him. Just like what one person said in page 1, you were trying to abuse IPOB with your half truth but you are the main person doing what you are accusing them of doing. Trying to force someone to believe in what you say.

That is why Mazi Nnamdi Kanu will tell people that this whole state creation was created to divide brothers from the rest of their family. Imagine you asking the OP to if he is from Kwara that he should protest if not he should keep quiet. So let's assume he is from Ogun so that means he shouldn't care about his brothers in Kwara if they don't have anybody to speak for them? What foes around comes around o! If you don't know that use what is hopping to this FG to know. People that have speech brought to power are now looking for means to stop hate speech... it doesn't work that way. Garbage in Garbage out! You plant maize (one seed) you harvest a bigger maize.

Have you ever imagined living in the boundary of any state? Like Mazi Kanu gave an example to the Ikwerre people that visited him. He used his house which is in one end of his father's palace and his father's house which is in the other end of the palace. He said tomorrow, FG might come and divide the to houses using the demarcation between the two houses. They will call this own (Kanu) house e.g "Kanu State" and call his father's house "Okwu State" they put them in to different regions. Then they will tell him that his father's side is different from him and that he should not talk to him because they are not related. And when his father want to visit him, he will be called a non-indegene. He can no longer go to his father's compound to eat from his mother's put because people from their now see him as a non-indegene. In that case what do you make of that? Put your self in that shoe. Do you think it is right? You can only say yes if you want to behave like does who see themselves as not being Igbo even when everything about them smells Igbo which can not be washed away. It's just like being Black and bleaching... Even after bleaching if you give birth tomorrow, your children will still (pure BLACK! Their is no two ways about it. Like Kanu said when some people told him to go protest no election in Abia. He said that before Abia was created, he was from Imo State, before Imo was created he was from Anambra (East central state), etc. So you can't tell him not to go about his business where his brothers are.
So this should tell you that they ear of Divide and Rule is over! Era of "I am from Ekiti you are from Lagos mind your business!" is now over!
Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has made the decades of the spell of brainwash, lies divide and rule to start clearing with great speed across all regions. He is making people reconcile and reunite with their brothers in other regions which was the way some people used to chop is dry! And you will always see them calling themselves One but they would want you to always see yourselves are 10 different people instead of One strong entity divided tactically because of state brouhaha!
So in conclusion, I support the OP for this courage on saying the truth about Mazi Nnamdi Kanu and Igbo's. Of you are observant you will know that regions that never had mouth before now are now telling us that "we will be on our own o if Wahala blast" Even Abuja people come dey tell us say "Abuja will be a different country if Wahala blast!"
So Igbo man na Igbo man anywhere even if he is from southeast, south-souths or middlebelt! And Yoruba man na Yoruba man anywhere even if he is from Southwest, Middlebelt, etc!
Sonsogo (Thank You)!! Udo Diri Gi (Peace Unto You)!

Get some sense is kwara south west?
What's wrong with u people for crying out loud...
Na by force to turn kwara to south west shuuuu

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by MasterKim: 12:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
captleonerd:
Awo made them lose the war

- he stopped giving them food. the food meant for the women and the children were eaten by the rebels

- he changed the currency after the looted central bank ore.

those two actions dealt the fatal blow to their dream of drgging the war for so long and getting a stalemate grin now you know why they hate yorubas
What else would have awo done to save his region? Does he have to look while d igbos ravaga through Yoruba land in d name of coming to Lagos.
Again, why didn't d igbos withdraw their bank funds before leaving?, how did ojukwu and other elites get dere own fund nd d rest couldn't?
The banks located in d East, what happened to d cash dere? did they send it back to Nigeria or did they return in after d war?

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nukualofa: 12:34pm On Aug 31, 2017
profmiganigal:

We were trying to integrate ourselves back to a country we nearly left........ to know if things can work 4 good but now hell no.....

is Biafra or death......

we need that country
Can't you get out from this thread. Stop bringing igbos to disrepute. Someone is advising his kinsmen and you just come here to display yours tupidity.

Stop disgracing IPOB. YOU act like onye iberibe

6 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by franklingud(m): 1:11pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

i will keep on insulting ibo nothing you can do about it
Dunce like you.

I didn't say I will do you anything, I said ur useless ancestors will give you manual reset from beyond.

tongue

6 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 1:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kingsolex1:

Why are you lacking common sense like this ?
Don't you know geographically Kwara! & Kogi west is western Nigeria
The people speak Yoruba
You have read education devised by Fulani
Does it makes sense for igbomina to be split across kwara and Osun lol
I see your really ignorant
Kwara and Kogi are part of western Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Michael004: 1:35pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

Uncle i am proud omo yoruba and im not comparing
i am only stating the truth
why has tinubu suddenly gone quiet
the tinubu under gej that was talking every week
me saying i like how igbo have risen up to the occasion is not a sign of weakness its saying the truth
when i saw the village women protesting for freedom i was super impressed
when i saw the people chanting in front of kanus house i was impressed
i repeat yoruba land has not witnessed that cause known of our leaders even tinubu can command such in sw
its the passion for freedom i admire
the yorubas need to be more assertive in the scheme of things
im not here to bash yorubas
only to say the truth
yorubas are not agititating for freedom of their kiths in kogi and kwara
yorubas are not agitating for 13% derivation of our taxes
yorubas are not agitating for 44 lgs in lagos to match kano
today niger delta is securing oil jobs for its people
abeg see customs and sea ports in yoruba land na hausa full am
the same hausa wont give you chance in north
i have woken up
i will still abuse the ibo on this forum
but to see the truth and keep quiet is that i will not do
not everything must be handled diplomatically or peacfully especially in nigeria
brute force works
from obj presidency
13% derivation
fight for independence
end of military rule
none were done peacefully

even when biafra gets independence na when yoruba go begin chase independence
bitter truth
but big congrats to my brethen accross the niger
i am impressed
I wonder o. This is why i followed adeyinka grandson.

5 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by kernel505: 1:53pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kingsolex1:

you might be a Yoruba but its clear with your post you are not a son of the soil!

records straight....
the west has its own share of illiterates...
but mind u they are smart enough to stop licking the tail of a small kid feeding them fairy tales..
if you doubt me create a story and try brainwashing ur immediate family + relations!
you will then discover the average Yoruba man is very enlightened...

don't ever speak I'll of a race (Yoruba) by comparing them with gullible iPod again except u want ur ancestors to regret having u in their lineage..

Your reasoning is too poor for a man, insulting a man's opinion is the height.

How educated is the Yorubas? Give me 5 Yoruba names to match the following Igbo names.
1. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2.Chinue Achebe
3. Ngozi Okonjo
4. Chukwuma Soludo
5. Aruna Oteh
6. Phillip Emegwalim
7. Emeka Anyaoku
8. Cyprian Emeka Uzoh
9. Peter Nwangwu

For 13years non-stop, no Western state has beaten Eastern state to top in any O Level or A Level exams.

8 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Flaghouse1: 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

The people speak Yoruba

@Markfemi,

Some of these people you are arguing with did not do social studies in their primary school on, some of them are this indomie generation,
How would they know Kogi was part of Kwara and benue state in those good old days

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by sgtponzihater1(m): 1:59pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:
Whether you like it or not
kanu has made everyone discuss nigeria especially the structure that is modern day slavery
whether you like it or not kanu has done a great job in mobilizing his people to state their frustrations
something niger delta and south west has not done
truth is we are all not happy with status quo and kanu has the guts to say the truth

half of my people saying no to biafra or one nigeria will be the first to want out should biafra be a reality cause i can bet my ass yoruba wont stay in a nation where north is absolute majority infact if we could turn back the hands of time we would have declared our own republic 1968.

i may find some of his contents annoying
but he has said the bitter truth
i also want to congratulate the ibo nation on the succesful mobilization for what they believe in
i see the women agititating for freedom and i am impressed
yoruba nation has not gotten someone to do such a thing since the days of awolowo

congrats to kanu who is not afraid to say the truth
congrats to ibo nation for staying resolute

yorubas have led the fight to end democracy
ibo should lead the fight to disintegrate or restructure

una well done
that does not mean i will not still abuse una here o

Arrant nonsense, typical Afonja

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by petsam11(m): 2:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kingsolex1:

So you don't know that there are Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi just like there are Igbos in both south-south and middlebelt?. Dude please, go and do some research and do it properly. Mbok!
I won't still insult you back, I am far better than that!

6 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by petsam11(m): 2:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

The people speak Yoruba

OP thank you please, just advice him do go do his homework properly.
Again, I must comment you for this topic. Nothing pass say you see truth you talk am. Please, also watch the video that I sentthat guy in page 5 you will like it. The guy na Yoruba man and he stays in Scotland. Every reasonable Yoruba man suppose support that guy. He is an embodiment of wisdom and tact!
Thanks!

5 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by petsam11(m): 2:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
hornyofife:

Nnamdi Kanu once replied people who wanted to play state creation/division card with him and were telling him to start his protest and election boycott in his state..and his reply was simple

he is from abia now and was old enough to know when Abia state was created from Imo state, so he asked the crowd which state he was from before Abia state was created, they all shouted Imo state.

He then went further and asked before the creation of Imo state, which state his was from, and the crowd all screamed Anambra state, at that point the crowd cheered him.....So he told the crowd to tell those playing state division card that he is from Anambra state and said later one idiot will create Umuahia state out of Abia state and someone will tell him to go back to Umuahia to do his protest, that he is from Umuahia state... That was the most intelligent answer and reply to people who fall for state creation...We are all one people before state creation

State creation was to divide us and creat state identity

Yes bro! That response was the bomb! Dived and rule don dey end with speed and the creators of the divide and rule platform are now happy because the spell that they cast on people is now clearing with high speed!

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by chubbyswit(m): 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Basic123:
ehn ehn,you are now talkinggrin

You even claimed "you hate igbo",out of your desperation to deceive us that you are a yoruba.No yoruba man will just hate igbo,we have many of them in SOUTHWEST as friends,are they not human being,are you both not from Adam and Eve?.....That doesn't mean when our beloved kanu and follower spit rubbish against our tribe that we shouldn't fire backgrin
you are a stupid fellow, c how you denied your own kit and kin just because his ideology is different from yours'. #spits#

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by slendxy: 3:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
A beautiful that would have served as a discuss for southerners have been reduced to mere bigotry.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Basic123: 4:02pm On Aug 31, 2017
chubbyswit:
you are a stupid fellow, c how you denied your own kit and kin just because his ideology is different from yours'. #spits#
....someone that said "he hate igbo" for what? and still wants to divide yorubas along religious line can never be my kit and kin.You can adopt him as your kit and kincheesy

Mind you,you dont have to tell someone that he is stupid to pass your message.Learn how to do that

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:10pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

are you high on weed?
Don't mind him. I salute your courage. You spoke the truth!

BTW, how long have you and Zenmaster been married? grin

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 31, 2017
petsam11:

So you don't know that there are Yorubas in Kwara and Kogi just like there are Igbos in both south-south and middlebelt?. Dude please, go and do some research and do it properly. Mbok!

If there are Igbo's in Benue does that make Benue south east?
If there are Yoruba speaking part of Kofi does that make Kofi south west?
Get some sense boy..
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by bkool7(m): 4:28pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

Uncle i am proud omo yoruba and im not comparing
i am only stating the truth
why has tinubu suddenly gone quiet
the tinubu under gej that was talking every week
me saying i like how igbo have risen up to the occasion is not a sign of weakness its saying the truth
when i saw the village women protesting for freedom i was super impressed
when i saw the people chanting in front of kanus house i was impressed
i repeat yoruba land has not witnessed that cause known of our leaders even tinubu can command such in sw
its the passion for freedom i admire
the yorubas need to be more assertive in the scheme of things
im not here to bash yorubas
only to say the truth
yorubas are not agititating for freedom of their kiths in kogi and kwara
yorubas are not agitating for 13% derivation of our taxes
yorubas are not agitating for 44 lgs in lagos to match kano
today niger delta is securing oil jobs for its people
abeg see customs and sea ports in yoruba land na hausa full am
the same hausa wont give you chance in north
i have woken up
i will still abuse the ibo on this forum
but to see the truth and keep quiet is that i will not do
not everything must be handled diplomatically or peacfully especially in nigeria
brute force works
from obj presidency
13% derivation
fight for independence
end of military rule
none were done peacefully

even when biafra gets independence na when yoruba go begin chase independence
bitter truth
but big congrats to my brethen accross the niger
i am impressed

You talk like a kid that start observing politics from 1999.
Tinubu is a politician. Do you see any politician in the east agitating. When it comes to fighting for the common man dont mention Tinubu at all , because he's part of the prob.

The west has had its own share of agitation when it felt cheated in the 90s with people like Fala and Beko Kuti, Abiola, Tai Solanrin , Gani Fawehinmi , Nadeco and co.

If the Yoruba are ever going to agitate , its going to be against our own political parasitic leaders, not that we'll be asking to bulkanized Nig just because we lost out politically at the fed level .
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by paBuhari(m): 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
I endorse this thread! cheesy cheesy Nnamdi Kanu will lead the way to freedom. cool

4 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
Don't mind him. I salute your courage. You spoke the truth!

BTW, how long have you and Zenmaster been married? grin
Markfemi2 is my male love interest kiss kiss grin

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by markfemisgay: 4:36pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:
kanu has made everyone discuss nigeria especially the structure that is modern day slavery
whether you like it or not kanu has done a great job in mobilizing his people to state their frustrations
truth is we are all not happy with status quo and kanu has the guts to say the truth

half of my people saying no to biafra or one nigeria will be the first to want out should biafra be a reality cause i can bet my ass yoruba wont stay in a nation where north is absolute majority infact if we could turn back the hands of time we would have declared our own republic 1968.

i also want to congratulate the ibo nation on the succesful mobilization for what they believe in
yoruba nation has not gotten someone to do such a thing since the days of awolowo

una well done
i have forgiven you now you can go and sin no more.

1 Like

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:42pm On Aug 31, 2017
zenmaster:

Markfemi2 is my male love interest kiss kiss grin
You can say that again grin
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by HoluwarTohbar(f): 4:45pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kingsolex1:

Get some sense boy..
To answer your question, NO! But do you also know that these people are regarded as minorities by the majority and treated as second class in those places?

A shinning example is when a Yoruba Muslim is treated as not Muslim enough by the Hausa Fulani Muslim majority you'd agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by petsam11(m): 4:49pm On Aug 31, 2017
Kingsolex1:

Get some sense boy..

At this juncture I will stop replying you! Go and do your research and as a matter of fact I never said it makes Kogi Southwest... understand my point correctly!
No more response from me to you!
Peace Be Unto You!

6 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 31, 2017
kernel505:

Your reasoning is too poor for a man, insulting a man's opinion is the height.

How educated is the Yorubas? Give me 5 Yoruba names to match the following Igbo names.
1. Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
2.Chinue Achebe
3. Ngozi Okonjo
4. Chukwuma Soludo
5. Aruna Oteh
6. Phillip Emegwalim
7. Emeka Anyaoku
8. Cyprian Emeka Uzoh
9. Peter Nwangwu

For 13years non-stop, no Western state has beaten Eastern state to top in any O Level or A Level exams.

I wish there was a noble laureate among the aforementioned
Too bad..

2 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 31, 2017
petsam11:

Question whether in after belt or over belt does that make them easterners? Or westerners?
Speak with logic plz
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 31, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
To answer your question, NO! But do you also know that these people are regarded as minorities by the majority and treated as second class in those places?

A shinning example is when a Yoruba Muslim is treated as not Muslim enough by the Hausa Fulani Muslim majority you'd agree with me.

Now u bringing religion into the discourse...
Next is Yoruba Muslim and yoruba Christian...
Look the mistake happened the moment our fore fathers both awo, zik etc blindly struggled for the independence with the pretence of working together...
They sold everyone out...
Correcting such error is almost an elephant task..
If the country decides or remain ah don't care...
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by mideactive: 5:06pm On Aug 31, 2017
Markfemi2:

una well done

Nigeria is simply not working,too much inequalities..

3 Likes

Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Nobody: 5:08pm On Aug 31, 2017
petsam11:

At this juncture I will stop replying you! Go and do your research and as a matter of fact I never said it makes Kogi Southwest... understand my point correctly!
No more response from me to you!
Peace Be Unto You!
..yawns...
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by Markfemi2: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
HoluwarTohbar:
You can say that again grin

What do you and zenmaster want from me ?
Two of you having sexing in festac
I pity you 14 years
Re: What I Have Learnt From Kanu And Ibo As A Yoruba by wristbangle: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2017
My own view about the current structure of Nigeria is rubbish as no citizen except the elites can boast of enjoying dividend of democracy due to corruption.

I don't blame those agitating for a new country probably it would give them the needed freedom, well it's their right to seek for it. Just that P and I buffoon should stop using uncouth language on we yorubas, without this, I am okay with his merry circus bands of rising sun.

What the country urgently need now is restructuring which will seat up lazy ass governors to look inwards against waiting to be spoon feed by FG.

A case example is USA and look at where they are today. Every state is blessed in Nigeria and I don't know why some useless legislooters will kick against it perhaps free money will not flow like before.

We already have some states setting the pace like kebbi, anambra, Lagos, Ogun, Oyo, Kano, Akwa Ibom, rivers. Restructuring is like semi secession which would make sense but then also an avenue to steal more money by state governments which leave me with the option on some ocassion to agreeing with markfemi2 that secession is better sef.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election / Kaduna Train Attack: Bandits Collaborated With Boko Haram - FG / Zamfara Businessman And PDP Chieftain, Danguruf Dumps Atiku For Tinubu

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.