Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,688 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:01 PM

The Word For Today - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Word For Today (30550 Views)

Lifeway Christian Center: The Word For Today! Thursday, 12/10/2017 / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 / The Word For Today, Tuesday, 29th August, 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:37am On Sep 03, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

DOING RIGHT BY YOUR CHILDREN

Tuesday, 3rd September, 2019

'Teach your children right from wrong, and when they are grown they will still do right.' Proverbs 22:6 CEV

Parents who smoke can pass on some of the toxins to their children through the air they're breathing. Unintentionally they can pollute their children with their own vices. And it's the same when we pass on things like bitterness, guilt and insecurity them. That's why we need God's help; only he can bring healing to the root of our problem and break the cycle.

No one else can teach faith to your children like you. The foundation must be laid by you and built on by them. And don't just teach them your doctrine; expose them to your faith. Tell them who brought you through the tough places. That way, when they encounter their own tough places they'll be armed with more than a set of religious rules; they'll have confidence in God for themselves. And stop beating yourself up over past mistakes; there are things all of us wish we'd done differently. The truth is that God can alter the effects of your past and prevent tragedy in your future. He's the God of restoration who makes 'all things new' (Revelation 21:5 NKJV). He can bring right out of wrong, good out of bad, and enable you to pour his wisdom and love into your children.

This is your chance of a lifetime - seize it! Let go of yesterday and take hold of tomorrow. Your children are your tomorrow; they're being shaped by you. Give them a taste of the things of God when they're little, and when they grow up the world will never satisfy them.

Soulfood: Ezek 27:25-36 Ezek 28 Ezek 29 Ezek 30:1-26 Matt 23:1-12 Ps 112 Pro 20:1-4.

Credit: Grace So Amazing Foundation

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:37am On Sep 06, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU ARE BEING OBSERVED

Friday, 6th September, 2019

'A man who excels in his work... will stand before kings.' Proverbs 22:29 NKJV

He started out working hard as a labourer for a railway company. When he was given an opportunity to work in the shipping office for a few days, he jumped at it. During that time his supervisor asked him for some vital facts and figures. 'Have them on my desk when I get back in three days,' he said. The young man didn't know anything about book keeping but he worked three days and nights without sleep, and when the supervisor returned he had the facts and figures ready for him. This won the respect and admiration of his supervisor, and as soon as a permanent position opened up he recommended the young man for the job. Over time the young man was promoted many times, and each time he was applauded for his thoroughness and trustworthiness. Eventually, he ended up as vice president of the Ralston Purina Company in St Louis, Missouri, one of the world's largest manufacturers of pet food.

The Bible says, 'Do you see a man who excels in his work? He will stand before kings; he will not stand before unknown men' (Proverbs 22:29 NKJV). In The Message, Eugene Peterson paraphrases it this way: 'Observe people who are good at their work - skilled workers are always in demand and admired; they don't take a back seat to anyone.'

Whether you realise it or not, you are being watched on the job. Your character, your work ethic and your attitude are being observed. And you will be rewarded not only according to the tasks you complete, but for your attitude and the way in which you complete them!

Soulfood: Ezek 37:1-28 Ezek 38 Ezek 39 Ezek 40:1-9 Matt 24:1-14 Ps 78:9-16 Pro 20:11-14.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:36am On Sep 07, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

A MOVEABLE ALTAR

Saturday, 7th September, 2019

'Make the altar out of boards and leave the inside hollow.' Exodus 27:8 NCV

The altar in the tabernacle was a place where sacrifices were offered in worship to God. And God had definite ideas about how it was to be built: 'Make the altar out of boards and leave the inside hollow' (Exodus 27:8 NCV). A stone or metal structure would have been heavy to transport, whereas a hollow wooden altar could be carried on poles and travel along with the Israelites.

The image of a moveable altar is a reminder that while you should be part of a local church, you're not restricted to worshipping God in a particular location. You can do it anywhere by 'continually offer[ing] up a sacrifice of praise' (Hebrews 13:15 NAS). At home, on the job, in the supermarket, at the gym, in the classroom, your everyday activities can become a 'spiritual sacrifice acceptable to God' (1 Peter 2:5 NAS). By sharing a word of encouragement, helping someone in need, or making a professional decision based on integrity instead of what's popular, you're honouring God.

Jesus said, 'Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in Heaven' (Matthew 5:16 NIV). One author says: 'The Lord is my boss. He gives me reviews, critiques, promotions and demotions. He provides my benefit plan and my health insurance. He can transfer me...change my responsibilities...develop all my goals and objectives. I report to him alone...While my tasks change, my essential job doesn't. I'm instructed to do his work and be his hands and feet in whatever position he assigns me.'

Soulfood: Ezek 40:10-49 Ezek 41 Ezek 42:1-20 Matt 24:15-25 Ps 78:17-31 Pro 20:15-19.

Courtesy: Grace So Amazing Foundation

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:39am On Sep 11, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

REMEMBER THE OVERLOOKED AND FORGOTTEN

Wednesday, 11th September, 2019

'Plead the case of the widow.' Isaiah 1:17 NIV

In New Testament times, society had no welfare system. That's why the apostle James wrote, 'Religion that God...accepts...is...to look after orphans and widows' (James 1:27 NIV). This could be the kind of ministry you've been looking for! The only qualification you need is the memory of how it feels to 'be left out' and the compassion to 'do something about it'.

The following poignant letter, 'The Story of Widowhood', was written by a lady whose husband died. 'First numbness, then busyness. A million things to settle. Endless death certificates and things to sign. Friends are so considerate; caring support from relatives. You keep busy. But at night you pound the empty side of the bed in grief. Finally you close your eyes, throw his toothbrush into the garbage, and toss out the old work shoes you brought home from the hospital in a plastic bag. You empty the closet and give all his things away. It's heartache like you wouldn't believe. Every suit in his closet reminds you of a special place or time you shared together. A year has passed; you're still in one piece. Then the blow! Your friends celebrate a birthday - all couples. You're not included because you'd be a "fifth wheel". Some wives may even consider you a threat. Please remember us. Don't treat us like excess baggage. We've been handed a rotten break, and we need friends. Signed, Forgotten.'

Think of the difference you could make today in somebody's life by being willing to seek out those who society so often overlooks and forgets.

Soulfood: 2 Cor 1-4 Matt 25:1-13 Ps 78:56-64 Pro 20:25.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:28am On Sep 12, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 1

Thursday, 12th September, 2019

'"Who are you?" ...Jesus replied, "The one I have always claimed to be."' John 8:25 NLT

Jesus was constantly under pressure. There were gruelling demands on his time. He rarely had personal privacy and he was constantly interrupted. People repeatedly misunderstood, criticised and ridiculed him. He was under enormous stress, yet he remained at peace under pressure. How did he do it? He based his life on eight sound principles of stress management. So for the next week let's look at them and see what we can learn.

Know who you are. '"Who are you?" they demanded. Jesus replied, "The one I have always claimed to be"' (John 8:25 NLT). If you don't know who you are, others might try to tell you who they think you are. If you don't know who you are, you'll subconsciously let other people pressure you into believing you're somebody you're not. A lot of stress comes from our hiding behind masks, living double lives, being unreal with others, and trying to be somebody we're not. Insecurity always produces pressure in our lives; when we're insecure we feel coerced into performing and conforming. We set unrealistic standards for ourselves, and even though we work, work, work, we still can't meet them.

So what should you do? _Hlk14866129You must know who you are, and whose you are! You're a redeemed child of God, put on this earth not by accident but for a purpose. You are deeply loved and fully accepted by God. He has a plan for your life; therefore you are significant. To overcome stress, you must know who you are; and until you deal decisively with this issue, you'll be plagued by it._Hlk14866129

Soulfood: 2 Cor 5-8 Matt 25:14-21 Ps 78:65-72 Pro 20:26-30.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:42am On Sep 13, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 2

Friday, 13th September, 2019

'I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.' John 5:30 NIV

Know who you are trying to please. Jesus didn't try to please everybody, so isn't it foolish for you to try to do something even God doesn't do? It was a settled issue with Jesus: 'I'm going to please God, full stop!' And God replied, 'This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased' (Matthew 3:17 NKJV).

When you lose sight of who you're trying to please, you'll always cave in to three things: Criticism, because you're overly concerned about what others think of you. Competition, because you're afraid somebody will get ahead of you. Conflict, because you're threatened by anyone who disagrees with you. Jesus said, 'Seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things [overcoming the stress of criticism, competition and conflict], shall be added to you' (Matthew 6:33 NKJV). By focusing on God's will, you simplify your life! You'll always be doing the right thing, the thing that pleases him, regardless of what anybody else thinks. We love to blame stress on other people and on our obligations: 'You made me do...I have to...I've got to.' Actually, there are few things in life apart from our jobs that we must do. So what we're really saying is, 'I choose to [fill in your obligation here] because I don't want to handle the consequences.' Rarely does anybody make us do anything, so we can't blame other people for our stress.

When we feel pressured, we're choosing to let others put us there. The fact is, we're not victims unless we allow ourselves to be pressured by outside demands.

Soulfood: 2 Cor 9:1-15 2 Cor 10 2 Cor 11:1-15 Matt 25:22-30 Ps 24 Pro 21:1-2.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:15am On Sep 14, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 3

Saturday, 14th September, 2019

'I know where I came from and where I am going.' John 8:14 NIV

Know what you want to accomplish. Jesus said, 'I know where I came from and where I am going' (John 8:14 NIV). Can you say that too? Unless you plan your life and establish priorities, you'll be pressured by other people to do what they think is important. Every day you either live by priorities or you live by pressures. There's no other option. Either you decide what's important in your life or you let other people decide for you.

It's easy to operate under the tyranny of the urgent, to come to the end of your day and wonder, 'Have I accomplished anything at all? I used up a lot of energy and did a lot of things, but did I achieve anything important?' Busyness is not necessarily productivity. You may be spinning in circles but not accomplishing anything of real value. Preparation causes you to be at ease. Or to put it another way, preparation prevents pressure, whereas procrastination produces pressure. Good organisation and good preparation reduce stress because you know who you are, who you're trying to please, and what you want to accomplish. Having clearly defined goals simplifies life.

So spend a few minutes at the beginning of every day talking with God in prayer. Then look at your schedule for the day and decide: 'Is this really the way I want to spend a day of my life? Am I willing to exchange the next twenty-four valuable hours for these activities?' The right answer to those two questions will lower your stress level by helping you prioritise.

Soulfood: 2 Cor 11:16-33 2 Cor 12 2 Cor 13:1-14 Matt 25:31-40 Ps 19 Pro 21:3.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:08pm On Sep 15, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 4

Sunday, 15th September, 2019

'I must proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God... that is why I was sent.' Luke 4:43 NIV

Focus on one thing at a time. Are you being pulled in different directions? People constantly tried to do this to Jesus and distract him from his goal in life. The Bible says, 'At daybreak, Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them' (Luke 4:42 NIV). Jesus was about to leave and they tried to make him stay. Here's how he responded: 'I must proclaim the good news of the Kingdom...to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent' (Luke 4:43 NIV).

Jesus refused to be distracted by less important matters. Indeed, he was a master at this. Everybody tried to interrupt him. Everyone had a Plan B for his life. But in essence he responded, 'No, I must keep moving towards my goal.' And he kept right on doing what he knew God had told him to do. He was determined. He was persistent. He was focused.

So when you have a dozen different things to do, pick the most important one and stick with it until it's complete. Then pick the second most important and do the same thing, until you've completed the list. When we diffuse our efforts, we're ineffective; when we concentrate our efforts, we're more successful. Diffused light produces a hazy glow, whereas light that's concentrated produces fire. Jesus didn't let interruptions prevent him from concentrating on his goal. He didn't let others make him tense or stressed or irritated. And he is your example!

Soulfood: Gen 24:1-51 2 Cor 6:14-18 2 Cor 7:1.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:04am On Sep 16, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 5

Monday, 16th September, 2019

'He appointed twelve...that he might send them out.' Mark 3:14 NIV

Don't try to do it all yourself. One of the reasons we get stressed out is because we think that everything depends on us. Not Jesus. He enlisted, trained and empowered twelve others so they could share the load. He delegated his work. He got other people involved.

So why don't we do that? Two reasons: (1) Perfectionism. We think, 'If I want a job well done, I'll do it myself.' That's a nice idea, but often it doesn't work well because there are just too many things to be done. We simply don't have the time and talent to do everything ourselves. It's really an egotistical attitude that says, 'Nobody, but nobody, can do it the way I can!' Do you think Jesus could've done a better job than his disciples? Of course, but even knowing that, he still let them do the work. Why? Because we need to let other people make some of the mistakes in order for them to learn, the same way the disciples learned. Don't rob others of an education. (2) Insecurity. 'What if I turn this responsibility over to someone else and they do a better job than I do?' That possibility is threatening to many of us. But you won't feel threatened if you know who you are, who you're trying to please, what you want to accomplish, and the one thing you need to focus on.

In order to be effective, you must get other people involved, because you can't focus on more than one thing at a time and do it well.

Soulfood: S of Sol 1-4 Matt 25:41-46 Ps 3 Pro 21:4-8.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:39am On Sep 17, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 6

Tuesday, 17th September, 2019

'Very early in the morning...Jesus...prayed.' Mark 1:35 NIV

Make prayer your daily habit. Prayer is the great stress-reliever. Jesus began his day with prayer. He often stopped throughout the day to pray, and he ended each day with prayer. Now, if Jesus made time for prayer as busy as he was, how much more do you need to do it! Time alone with God can be a decompression chamber for life's stresses. We talk to God in prayer, tell him what's on our minds, and let him talk to us as we read the Bible. Then we look at our schedule, evaluate our priorities and wait for instructions. If we lived that way, the pharmaceutical industry would go broke because we wouldn't need a fraction of the tranquillisers they market!

Many of our problems come from our inability to sit still. We just don't know how to be quiet. God says, 'Be still, and know that I am God' (Psalm 46:10 NKJV). And one reason we don't know God more personally is because we can't be still. We're too busy to be quiet and just think. Someone said, 'It seems to be an ironic habit of man that when he loses his way he doubles his speed.' The story's told of a World War II Air Force pilot who flew over the Pacific. When he radioed the tower and the controller asked for his location, he replied, 'I don't know - but I'm making record time!' A lot of us are like that, speeding through life without knowing where we're headed.

We need to start our morning with prayer like Jesus did, and stop throughout the day to pray again and recharge our spiritual batteries.

Soulfood: S of Sol 5-8 Matt 26:1-16 Ps 39 Pro 21:9-13.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:49am On Sep 18, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 7

Wednesday, 18th September, 2019

'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.' Mark 6:31 NIV

Take time out to enjoy life. Jesus did that. 'Because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest"' (Mark 6:31 NIV). Jesus not only took time for relaxation and recreation, he told those who'd been working hard without relief, 'You deserve a break today. Let's get some rest...take time off.' So they got into a boat, rode to the other side of the lake, and went out into the desert. Jesus was able to handle stress because he knew when to relax.

Rest and recreation in life aren't optional, and they're not 'unspiritual'. Rest is so important that God included it in the Ten Commandments. The Sabbath was made for mankind because God knows our physical, emotional and spiritual constitutions demand regular periodic breaks. Jesus survived stress because he enjoyed life. J.B. Phillips's paraphrase puts it like this: 'The Son of Man came, enjoying life' (Matthew 11:19 PHPS). And Paul tells us that God has richly provided 'everything for our enjoyment' (1 Timothy 6:17 NIV). Balance is the key to stress management.

Today if you feel burned out, check two things: (1) Are you drawing daily on God's grace, or are you depending on yourself? (2) Do you regularly set aside time for rest and recreation? The word 'recreation' means 'restore, refresh or create anew'. Are you getting the picture? If you burn out, what use will you be to God's kingdom, to your family or to yourself?

Soulfood: 1 Sam 1-3 Matt 26:17-29 Ps 34 Pro 21:14-16.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 5:50am On Sep 19, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

OVERCOMING STRESS 8

Thursday, 19th September, 2019

'I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28 CEV

If the load you're carrying is too heavy for you to bear, Jesus didn't give it to you. Others may have, or you may have taken it upon yourself, but Jesus had no part in it. 'If you are tired from carrying heavy burdens, come to me and I will give you rest. Take the yoke I give you. Put it on your shoulders and learn from me. I am gentle and humble, and you will find rest. This yoke is easy to bear, and this burden is light' (Matthew 11:28-30 CEV).

The final stress management principle Jesus taught us is: give your stress to him. You'll never enjoy complete peace of mind until you develop a relationship with the Prince of Peace. Note, Jesus didn't say, 'Come to me and I'll give you more guilt, more burdens, more stress and more worries,' even though that's what a lot of religious people seem to teach! Some churches create pressure instead of relieving it. But Jesus said, 'I want to give you rest. I'm the stress-reliever. When you get in harmony with me, I'll give you inner strength.' Only Jesus can transform your lifestyle from stressful to satisfied. The greatest source of stress comes from trying to live our lives apart from the God who made us, trying to go our own way and be our own god.

What do you need? If you've never committed your life to Christ, you need a transformation. Give him your life with all its stresses and say, 'Lord, please give me a new life. Replace the pressure I feel with the peace you offer. Help me to follow your principles of stress management.'

Soulfood: 1 Sam 4-7 Matt 26:30-46 Ps 52 Pro 21:17.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:45am On Sep 20, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

ESTABLISH YOUR CORE CONVICTIONS

Friday, 20th September, 2019

'Daniel resolved not to defile himself with the royal food and wine.' Daniel 1:8 NIV

What was Daniel's problem? What was wrong with eating the best food in the country? Most people lived on a meagre diet. Daniel was going to have the opportunity to eat, literally, like a king. Why the hard line? When you dig down into the cultural realities of the situation, more seems to be at stake. A Babylonian feast was always eaten in honour of the gods. So whenever you sat down to a meal, it wasn't just dining that you participated in, but an act of worship. This food had previously been sacrificed to a pagan god. For a Jewish teenager who took his faith in God seriously, participation would mean compromising who he was called to be. By eating their meal, he would be worshipping their god. And for Daniel, that was a bridge too far. It was about compromising his character, and that he would not do.

You don't discover your convictions when the pressure is on; you decide them in advance. It's during the good times that you determine what you will or won't do during the hard times. The psalmist said: 'How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word. I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you' (Psalm 119:9-11 NIV).

Victorious Christian living is encapsulated in these three statements: (1) 'By living according to your word.' (2) 'I seek you with all my heart.' (3) 'I have hidden your word in my heart.'

Soulfood: 1 Sam 8-10 Matt 26:47-68 Ps 54 Pro 21:18-21.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:51am On Sep 21, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE

Saturday, 21st September, 2019

'A great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries.' 1 Corinthians 16:9 NKJV

One day, the Chamber of Commerce in a small town invited a successful businessman to come and speak. The local economy was bad and they were discouraged, so his job was to motivate them. He took a large piece of white paper and made a red dot in the centre of it. 'What do you see?' he asked the audience. One person replied, 'I see a red dot.' The speaker said, 'Fine, but what else do you see?' Others chimed in, 'A red dot.' The speaker asked, 'Don't you see anything else besides the dot?' The audience responded with a resounding 'no!' The speaker said, 'You've overlooked the most important thing; you've missed seeing the sheet of paper!' Then he went on to explain that in life we are often distracted by small, dot-like failures and experiences. They keep us from seeing the blessings and successes that are more important than the disappointments that try to monopolise our attention and drain our energy.

Paul wrote, 'A great and effective door has opened to me, and there are many adversaries' (1 Corinthians 16:9 NKJV). Opportunity and obstacles - they go together like macaroni and cheese or fish and chips. Now, Paul didn't deny the reality of the opposition he faced; he just chose to focus on the opportunity it presented. The poet wrote, 'Two men looked through prison bars. One saw mud, the other stars.'

What are you looking at? Are you so preoccupied with what is that you've lost sight of what can be? If so, you need to step back and ask God to help you see the bigger picture.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 11-13 Matt 26:69 - 27:10 Ps 13 Pro 21:22-27.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:33pm On Sep 22, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

BE ONE OF THE 10 PER CENT

Sunday, 22nd September, 2019

'Didn't I heal ten men? Where are the other nine?' Luke 17:17 NLT

One day Jesus healed ten men of leprosy, which at the time was a death sentence because there was no known cure for it. Amazingly, only one of them remembered to come back and thank him.

What's the story with the other nine? Were they too busy to be thankful? Surely they felt grateful, yet they didn't take time express it. Did they just get caught up in other things and forget? Were they too cautious to be thankful? Maybe they thought their healing wouldn't last, so they wanted to give it time before announcing it. Or maybe they were concerned that Jesus wanted something in return that they were either unwilling or unable to give. Were they too self-centred to be thankful? In some ways, the sick life was a simpler life. Now they had to get a job, take responsibility and play a role in society. Were they too arrogant to be thankful? Maybe they thought that given enough time, they would have recovered by themselves. Plus, to be grateful is to admit to being needy. Who wants to show weakness when you have an image to protect?

If this story is any indication, nine out of ten of us have a problem with gratitude - at least when it comes to expressing it. Don't be like that. Be one of the 10 per cent! In three back-to-back psalms - 105, 106, and 107 - David repeats similar words: 'Give thanks to the Lord; for he is good! For his mercy endures forever.' Don't let a day pass without remembering God's goodness to you and thanking him for it.

Soulfood: Gen 1 Gen 2:1-3 John 1:1-18.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:45am On Sep 23, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU WILL GET THROUGH THIS

Monday, 23rd September, 2019

'He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.' Job 8:21 NIV

Sometimes when your heart has been broken, the healing comes first and the answers come later. But when you think about it, wouldn't you rather walk with God in the darkness than walk alone in the light? It's doubtful Job ever fully comprehended all the losses he experienced in life, or why. But there came a time when he was able to look back and say with confidence, 'He will yet fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy' (Job 8:21 NIV). And that's God's promise to you too!

Theologian E. Stanley Jones said, 'Anything less than God will let you down.' For every predicament you face in life, God has sufficient grace to carry you through. For every need, he has a supply. For every problem, he has an answer. For every hurt, he has a cure. After recalling everything God had brought him through, Jeremiah concluded, 'There is nothing too hard for you' (Jeremiah 32:17 NKJV). God looks for opportunities to show you what he can do on your behalf when you put your trust in him. David said, 'According to your mercy remember me' (Psalm 25:7 NKJV).

Aren't you glad God's goodness and mercy are based on his character and not yours? Corrie ten Boom said, 'If you want to be depressed, look within. If you want to be defeated, look back. If you want to be distracted, look around. But if you want to be delivered, look up.' So the word for you today is: by God's grace, you will get through this.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 14-15 Matt 27:11-31 Ps 91 Pro 21:28-31.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:04am On Sep 24, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SOLD OUT TO GOD

Tuesday, 24th September, 2019

'I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ.' Philippians 3:8 CEV

Before you discover your God-given purpose in life, you'll often experience a series of adversities that cause you to relinquish what's temporal and grasp what's eternal. For Paul it meant the loss of every earthly possession. For others it can mean the heat of battle in a divorce court. When the person you thought was 'everything' walks away, suddenly you're stripped down to what you had before.

Look at Job; his home was a shambles, his marriage seemed a joke and his children were dead. That's when he discovered you can be stripped of the temporal, but not the eternal; stripped of your wealth, friends, and fame, but not of your character and your faith in God - those things survive the strippings of life. The Bible says, 'Then Job...fell to the ground and worshipped' (Job 1:20 NKJV). True worship is born in the fire of sacrifice. When you can lay upon the altar something you thought you had to have because you realise it was God's all along - that's worship.

Look at Abraham's altar. God didn't want the slain body of Isaac; he wanted to know if there was anything Abraham loved more than him. That's it - reaching the place where you can pray: 'Lord, here are my grudges and unforgiveness, my need to impress, my time, talent and treasure, anything I'm wrapped up in that hinders me from being completely yours. You'll never have to take these things from me, for I gladly give you all it takes to be what you want me to be.' Can you pray that prayer today? It's not easy, but it'll change your life.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 16-17 Matt 27:32-44 Ps 68:1-18 Pro 22:1-5.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:07am On Sep 25, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LEADERSHIP PRESSURES

Wednesday, 25th September, 2019

'I have the constant worry of...the churches.' 2 Corinthians 11:28 TLB

Preachers prepare sermons, teachers plan lessons, accountants crunch numbers and mechanics fix engines. But there's no institution of higher learning that can fully prepare you for the pressures of leadership. That only comes through on-the-job training. Paul lists the pressures of leadership along with being whipped, beaten, stoned, betrayed and shipwrecked. It's one of the reasons why more than 21 per cent of pastors say they wouldn't go into ministry if they had their time over.

As author Zig Ziglar said, 'It's lonely at the top.' If you're a leader in any area of life - and most of us are whether we realise it or not - the buck not only stops at your door, but you can't move it with a bulldozer. As a leader, you will hear little when things go according to plan, but when they don't go well, watch out. Leaders draw criticism as surely as a picnic draws flies. Influencing others always comes at a price. A leader will pay the cost in time, thought and trust. The instalments look like daily risk taking, visionary thinking, diligent working and problem solving. But the biggest cost is dealing with people, especially those who may wear the same uniform but aren't on the same team. Paul refers to it this way: 'In danger from false brothers' (2 Corinthians 11:26 NIV).

If you're experiencing leadership issues today, here's what God said to Moses: 'Stand near me...As my glorious presence passes by, I will hide you in the crevice of the rock and cover you with my hand' (Exodus 33:21-22 NLT). What's the answer to the pressures of leadership? A consciousness of God's presence in your life.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 18 1 Sam 19 1 Sam 20:1-20:29 Matt 27:45-56 Ps 68:19-35 Pro 22:6.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:43am On Sep 26, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

TAKE TIME TO REST

Thursday, 26th September, 2019

'"Let's go to a quiet place and get some rest."' Mark 6:31 CEV

There's an ancient legend that says the apostle John had a partridge he enjoyed feeding and tending. One day, a hunter visited him and was astonished to see him playing with the bird. 'I'm surprised to see you engaged in such amusement when there are great matters related to the Gospel with which you could be busy.' John replied, 'Do you always keep your bow bent?' The hunter said, 'No, that would render it useless. I loosen the string unless I am hunting.' The apostle nodded and said, 'Me too; I unbend my mind for the same reason.'

Guess who said, 'Let's get away from the crowds for a while and rest.' Jesus, the most-in-demand person who ever lived. Why did he say it? The Bible tells us, 'There were so many people coming and going that Jesus and his apostles didn't even have time to eat' (Mark 6:31 NLT). And Jesus is our example. One summer, a pastor announced he wasn't going to take a holiday, since the devil never goes on holiday. Some of his congregation laughed; others thought he was very 'spiritual'. One man went home, however, to see if Jesus had the same attitude. He found that in his three years of active ministry, Jesus had ten periods when he got away from the crowds, in addition to his nightly rest and Sabbath day rest. Next Sunday, he asked his pastor, 'Are you following the devil's example or the Lord's example?'

Recreation is just that: re-creation, a time to renew your energy and nurture your most valuable relationships. So, take time to rest.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 20:30-42 1 Sam 21 1 Sam 23:1-29 Matt 27:57-66 Ps 60 Pro 22:7-11.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 7:17am On Sep 27, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PULL DOWN THAT STRONGHOLD

Friday, 27th September, 2019

'The weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds.' 2 Corinthians 10:4 NKJV

The story of Joseph the prisoner becoming Joseph the prime minister teaches us that we can rise above the circumstances, overcome the challenges and live in the fullness of our God-given potential. His journey was a long one, and yours may be too. But if you don't take the first step, you'll remain stuck where you are.

Sometimes your 'stronghold' was established early in life. Family pain is the deepest pain, because it's inflicted so early and involves people who should have been trustworthy. You were too young to process the mistreatment. You didn't know how to defend yourself. Your dad, mum, uncle, big brother - they towered over you, usually in size, always in rank. When they judged you falsely, you believed them. All this time you were operating on faulty data: 'You're stupid...slow...dumb like your father...fat like your mother...' Decades later those voices of defeat still echo in your subconscious. But they don't have to!

'For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal but mighty in God for pulling down strongholds' (2 Corinthians 10:4 NKJV). Use the 'reject and repeat' strategy and you'll win the victory in your thinking. When negative, fearful, guilt-ridden, inferior, condemning thoughts arise, reject them and begin to repeat what God says about you in his Word. As God's Word comes to life within you, your old thoughts will begin to die and lose their control over you. Today pull down that stronghold and let your healing begin.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 24-26 Matt 28:1-10 Ps 51 Pro 22:12-16.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 6:22am On Sep 28, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

LIVING SUCCESSFULLY

Saturday, 28th September, 2019

'Accept...authority...humble yourselves...Give all your worries...to God.' 1 Peter 5:5-7 NLT

Somebody quipped, 'The trouble with success is that the formula is the same as the one for a nervous breakdown.' The Bible gives us the real formula for successful living. It encompasses three areas: authority, attitude and assurance. 'Accept the authority of the elders...humble yourselves under the mighty power of God...Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you' (1 Peter 5:5-7 NLT).

Let's look at each of the three areas: (1) Submit yourself to those who are wise. Listen to their counsel, become accountable, accept reproof, take suggestions, respect experience and follow a worthy example. Only when you can take advice will you be qualified to give it. Only when you respect and submit to leadership will you be qualified to lead others. (2) Humble yourself. In Scripture the 'Hand' of God symbolises two things: His discipline and His deliverance. When you humble yourself before Him, you're accepting His discipline as being for your good. You're also acknowledging His willingness to answer your cry for help and deliver you by whatever means He chooses. (3) Throw yourself on God's mercy and care. Trouble and disappointment will surely come, and when they do you need to throw yourself on the Lord. The situation may be too big for you, but it's never too big for Him. Does that mean there's no place for planning, goal-setting and hard work? No, it just means you're willing to do things God's way, which is always best.

Soulfood: 1 Sam 27-31 Matt 28:11-20 Ps 63 Pro 22:17-23.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 1:07pm On Sep 29, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PROTECT THE 'NEW SHOOTS'

Sunday, 29th September, 2019

'There is hope for a tree.' Job 14:7 NIV

It takes God's wisdom to find a mate who can fit where you are and go where you're going. If you choose to use only your own wisdom, you might not make the best choice. And when a family shatters, the wounds can last a lifetime even though the war is over. Please hear this: never use your children as ammunition to hurt one another! Ammunition doesn't just destroy the target, it also gets destroyed in the process. Your monologue of bitterness may be true, but it can destroy your child's ability to build healthy relationships of their own. After all, if they can't trust a parent, who can they trust? Even if you can't save the relationship, save them.

Job says, 'There is hope for a tree: if it is cut down, it will sprout again, and its new shoots will not fail' (Job 14:7 NIV). How wonderful - new shoots born out of a dead tree! There is life after death! He's the God of second chances and new beginnings. Just because your dreams didn't come true doesn't mean your children's dreams won't. If the only thing that comes from your relationship is a healthy, well-adjusted child, you're still a winner! Solomon says without a vision we perish (see Proverbs 29:18). And your children are your vision. They speak of your future, so give them extra love and stability. Teach them what God says about life. Work at it for their sakes. If the 'new shoots' are lost along with the tree, all those years are wasted.

So, protect the 'new shoots'.

Soulfood: Ezek 37:1-14 Matt 27:50-53 1 Thes 4:13-18.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

SERVING 'JESUS-STYLE'

Monday, 30th September, 2019

'We serve God whether people...despise...or praise us.' 2 Corinthians 6:8 NLT

Kelli B. Trujillo writes: '"I'm not your servant!" I half-grunted, half-spoke to one of my kids as I got on my hands and knees to pick up pasta he'd decided to deposit on the floor...Then a thought struck me: I sure hope Jesus didn't hear me say that! Unfortunately, this attitude towards servanthood extends beyond cleaning the floor. Most of the time, serving others just rubs me the wrong way. If it's some extra-meaningful project where you can practically hear the soundtrack of inspirational, feel-good music...and experience a rush about how great you are...it's not difficult. But what about the service Jesus talked about...that involves getting no credit...and waging a battle against your selfish impulses?'

Harry E. Fosdick said, 'No steam drives anything until it's confined. No Niagara is turned into power until it's tunnelled. No life grows great until it's focused, dedicated and disciplined.' Serving 'Jesus-style' means saying, 'I no longer live, but Christ lives in me' (Galatians 2:20 NIV). Paul was jailed, whipped, stoned, shipwrecked and robbed, yet he said: 'We serve God whether people honour...despise...slander...or praise us. We are honest, but they call us impostors. We are ignored, even though we are well known. We live close to death, but we are still alive. We have been beaten, but we have not been killed. Our hearts ache, but we always have joy. We are poor, but we give spiritual riches to others' (2 Corinthians 6:8-10 NLT).

The Bible says Jesus 'for the joy set before him he endured the cross...and sat down at the right hand...of God' (Hebrews 12:2 NIV). And that same Spirit enables you to serve others by drawing on his strength.

Soulfood: Num 29:1-6 Matt 24 Rev 11:15-19 1 Cor 15:50-58.

Courtesy: Great So Amazing Foundation
Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

GOD WANTS TO TELL YOU SOMETHING

Tuesday, 1st October, 2019

'God called to him from the...bush.' Exodus 3:4 NLT

Never judge a person's potential by what they appear to be right now. Moses, one of history's greatest leaders, was tending sheep when God called him. There's not a corporate head hunter who would have hired him. But don't judge him yet - he's just between jobs. God is about to talk to him and change his life. If you're tired of listening to everybody else's opinions, get alone with God. He will show you things that can change your future (see Jeremiah 33:3).

At age 65, after running a restaurant for several years, Colonel Sanders found himself penniless. All he had was a Social Security cheque of $150 (equivalent) a month, a recipe for fried chicken and a vision he refused to give up on. As a result he built the Kentucky Fried Chicken franchise, became a multimillionaire and a devoted Christian philanthropist. The point is: it's not over until God says it's over! Moses nearly burned out trying to do things his own way. Then God showed up in a fire that Moses neither started nor maintained. In essence God said, 'Look at this burning bush; it's going to be you. In my strength you'll stand before Pharaoh. The Red Sea will give way before the power that's at work in you. I'll give you manna in the wilderness. I'll strengthen and sustain you all the way to your destiny.'

Whatever you're doing today, stop! Get alone with God and say, 'I will now turn aside and listen to you,' (see Exodus 3:3). Once you've heard what he wants to tell you, your life will never be the same.

Soulfood: Eph 1 Eph 2 Eph 3 Eph 4:1-16 John 1:1-13 Ps 92 Pro 22:24-25.

2 Likes

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:26pm On Oct 02, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

HEARTFELT PRAYER

Wednesday, 2nd October, 2019

'When you pray, don't babble on and on.' Matthew 6:7 NLT

Here's what Jesus taught about prayer: 'When you pray, don't babble on and on as the Gentiles do. They think their prayers are answered merely by repeating their words again and again' (Matthew 6:7 NLT). He gave us two specific instructions. First: 'Shut the door behind you, and pray to your Father in private' (Matthew 6:6 NLT). Second: 'Your Father knows exactly what you need...before you ask him' (Matthew 6:8 NLT).

Heartfelt prayer isn't meant for human ears. In The Message, Eugene Peterson paraphrases it this way: 'Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play.' In heartfelt prayer, the Holy Spirit brings to the surface things you've carefully hidden from others, and even yourself. Like a mirror, he confronts you with the truth and demands that you confess 'underhanded methods' (2 Corinthians 4:2 NLT). Once you've done that, you can leave God's presence cleansed, corrected, confident and clear as to his will. Nothing fuels heartfelt prayer like real need. It causes both the prominent and obscure to acknowledge, 'Lord, without you I can do nothing. Indeed, anything I could accomplish without you would mean nothing!' This is the place of naked prayer. Hannah was there when she cried to God for a child. She was so passionate that Eli the high priest thought she was drunk (see 1 Samuel 1:13). But God heard her cry. That day, Samuel was conceived in her heart, and shortly thereafter he was conceived in her womb.

So don't leave the place of prayer until you conceive, until the embryo of God's purpose for your life starts to take form within you, and your vision is born.

Soulfood: Eph 4:17-32 Eph 5 Eph 6:1-24 John 1:14-28 Ps 29 Pro 22:26-29.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

RESPONDING TO GOSSIP 1

Thursday, 3rd October, 2019

'It is reported...and Geshem says it is true.' Nehemiah 6:6 NIV

The only way to avoid criticism is to say nothing, do nothing and be nothing. When you attempt anything of value or significance, people are going to talk about you.

Nehemiah's enemies tried to stop him from rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem by using gossip and innuendo: 'It is reported among the nations - and Geshem says it is true...Moreover, according to these reports you are about to become their king and have even appointed prophets to make this proclamation about you in Jerusalem: "There is a king in Judah!"' (Nehemiah 6:6-7 NIV). Notice, no source was given of the accusations against Nehemiah. 'It is reported.' Always be prepared when someone comes to you and says something like this: 'I heard...' or 'somebody said...' or 'the word on the street is...' Never receive a criticism from someone who is bringing it on behalf of someone else, someone they won't even name or someone who won't say it to your face. Not even slander could keep Nehemiah from the work he was doing. Note how he responded: 'I sent him this reply: "Nothing like what you are saying is happening; you are just making it up out of your head"' (v. 8 NIV). In other words: 'I don't care what you think, or say, or like. I'm going to keep building this wall until the job is done.'

And that must be your attitude too. Most of the time your friends don't need an explanation, and your enemies wouldn't believe one if you held them at gunpoint. So stay focused and get the job done.

Soulfood: 2 Sam 1 2 Sam 2 2 Sam 3:1-21 John 1:29-42 Ps 131 Pro 23:1-3.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

RESPONDING TO GOSSIP 2

Friday, 4th October, 2019

'Those who...do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless.' James 1:26 NIV

When someone gossips about you, keep this in mind: people tend to accuse in others what they excuse in themselves. The story's told about a husband who suspected his wife of losing her hearing. One night he positioned himself across the room from her as she sat in her favourite chair with her back to him. Very softly he said, 'Can you hear me?' When she didn't answer he moved a little closer and repeated very softly, 'Can you hear me?' Still no answer. Then he moved closer and said, 'Can you hear me?' Still no answer. Finally he got up behind her chair and said right into her ear, 'Can you hear me?' She looked him in the eye and said, 'For the fourth time, yes!' Psychologists call this 'projection'. We tend to project our fears, feelings and problems onto others. But you must not let people do this to you.

Lady Astor, a member of Parliament, was a constant thorn in the side of Winston Churchill, always criticising him. One day the two of them got into a heated conversation and she said, 'Winston, I don't like your politics, and I don't like your moustache.' He looked at her and said, 'Madam, I see no earthly reason why you should ever come into contact with either one.'

Jesus' critics accused him of being demon-possessed. Paul's critics called him a madman, a fool, and a babbler. And you must not expect different treatment at the hands of the same crowd. So the word for you today is: stay focused and don't get distracted.

Soulfood: 2 Sam 3:22-39 2 Sam 4 2 Sam 5 2 Sam 6 2 Sam 7:1-17 John 1:43-51 Ps 23 Pro 23:4-5.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 12:15pm On Oct 05, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

FRIENDS 'IN THE WOODS'

Saturday 5th October, 2019

'Jonathan...went to David in the woods.' 1 Samuel 23:16 NKJV

The first African American to play major league baseball in the USA was Jackie Robinson. While trying to break through baseball's colour barrier, he faced insults and abuse in just about every stadium. He told journalist Ed Reid this story: during one game, fellow team mate Pee Wee Reese was being verbally abused for playing with Robinson. He says, 'Pee Wee kind of sensed the hopeless, dead feeling in me and came over and stood beside me for a while. He didn't say a word but he looked over at the chaps who were yelling at me through him and just stared. He was standing by me... Slowly the jibes died down like... and then there was nothing but quiet from them. It was wonderful the way this little guy did it. I will never forget it.'

Jesus knew Peter would 'strike out' and deny him, yet he extended grace to Peter even before it happened. Here's what he told him: 'When you have come back to me, help the others' (Luke 22:32 CEV). When God restores you, you'll want to reach out to others with his love. It will be as natural to you as breathing. You'll live by the Scripture: 'Strengthen those who have tired hands, and encourage those who have weak knees. Say to those with fearful hearts, "Be strong...for your God...is coming to save you"' (Isaiah 35:3-4 NLT).

In Scripture, 'Jonathan...went to David in the woods and strengthened his hand in God' (1 Samuel 23:16 NKJV). When you feel lost 'in the woods', you need a Jonathan. That's when you prove the truth of the old adage: 'In prosperity our friends know us, but in adversity we know our friends.' They're the people we turn to in times of trouble. So if you think you'll ever need such a friend, be one!

Soulfood: 2 Sam 7:18-29 2 Sam 8 2 Sam 9 2 Sam 10 2 Sam 11:1-27 John 2:1-11 Ps 110 Pro 23:6-9.

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:50am On Oct 07, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

ARE YOU A 'ME FIRST' PERSON?

Sunday, 6th October, 2019

'In humility value others above yourselves.' Philippians 2:3 NIV

If you're a 'me first' person, here are some verses of Scripture designed to keep you on your toes, and your knees! 'Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, not looking to your own interests but...to the interests of the others. In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus' (Philippians 2:3-5 NIV). That's how Jesus treated people, and you have been called to do likewise. Is doing this easy or convenient? No, it runs contrary to everything in our self-centred natures. And because you were gracious yesterday is no guarantee you'll treat people the same way today.

Grace is like a garment; you have to put it on each morning and wear it all day. 'How can I live like that?' you ask. By drawing daily on God's grace, and deciding to put others first. By looking for ways to support and encourage them. Everybody you meet is fighting a battle of some kind, and you may be the one person that crosses their path who is able to speak a word of encouragement to them (see Proverbs 16:24 NLT). Don't let them down.

Humility is an attitude that determines ahead of time: 'I care about the people around me. I don't always have to be first. I'm going to help somebody else win for a change.' Humility prays, 'Lord, teach me to curb my competitive nature and turn that energy into loving and lifting others. Show me how you did it, and help me to do it too.'

Soulfood: Est 4:9-17 Est 5:1-3 Heb 4:7-16.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 11:56am On Oct 07, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

PRAY AND POST A GUARD

Monday, 7th October, 2019

'We prayed...and posted a guard.' Nehemiah 4:9 NIV

God's sovereignty doesn't negate our responsibility. Just the opposite. It empowers it. When we trust God, we think more clearly and react more decisively. Like Nehemiah, who said, 'We prayed to our God and posted a guard day and night to meet this threat' (Nehemiah 4:9 NIV). Note the words: 'We prayed...and posted a guard.' Nehemiah did two things. He trusted God for success, and acted on what God had told him to do.

Prayer invites God to do what you cannot do. Paul wrote, 'Pray without ceasing' (1 Thessalonians 5:17 NKJV). Why? Because God comes by invitation. Until you've sought God's guidance you're at the mercy of your own thoughts, and everybody else's. When you don't know what you don't know, you're in a dangerous place. Why settle for human knowledge when you can have divine input? God says, 'Call to me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know' (Jeremiah 33:3 NKJV). And when God reveals his will to you, don't delay and don't debate - do it!

Before God gives you his next set of instructions, he wants to know that you have obeyed his last set of instructions. Why? Because he cannot bless you beyond your last act of disobedience. So stop and take an inventory. If you've done the wrong thing, repent, make a course correction, and get back on the right path as quickly as possible. 'But this is what I commanded them, saying, "Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you"' (Jeremiah 7:23 NKJV).

Soulfood: 2 Sam 12 2 Sam 13 2 Sam 14:1-20 John 2:12-25 Ps 89: 1-14 Pro 23:10-14.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

WORSHIP IS SERVING

Tuesday, 8th October, 2019

'Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord.' Psalm 134:1 NKJV

The last verse of the last psalm in the Bible says, 'Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord' (Psalm 150:6 NKJV). That means as long as you are alive you are called to worship God. But some of us are more wired to be worshippers in the church, while others are more wired to be workers. While all of us are called to worship God, some of us are more inclined to do it through works while others are more inclined to do it through worship. And with God, both count as acts of service. The psalmist said, 'Bless the Lord, all you servants of the Lord, who by night stand in the house of the Lord! Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the Lord' (Psalm 134:1-2 NKJV). Note the words 'servants of the Lord'. How were they serving him? Through worship.

The Westminster Confession of Faith says, 'The chief end of man is that he might glorify God.' And there are many ways to do it: 'Whoever offers praise glorifies me' (Psalm 50:23 NKJV). Worship acts like a thermostat; it creates a climate in which God's presence can be experienced and enjoyed. David said: 'Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name! Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits' (Psalm 103:1-2 NKJV). What a benefits package! Forgiveness, healing, deliverance and protection. How do we receive these benefits? Through worship.

When we bless the Lord, he blesses us. So when you worship, you're serving God.

Soulfood: 2 Sam 14:21-33 2 Sam 15 2 Sam 16 2 Sam 17:1-13 John 3:1-21 Ps 89:15-37 Pro 23:15-18.

1 Like

Re: The Word For Today by Moneyfem: 10:33am On Oct 09, 2019
THE WORD FOR TODAY

YOU CAN START AGAIN

Wednesday, 9th October, 2019

'Though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again.' Proverbs 24:16 NIV

On the night of December 9, 1914, Edison Industries was destroyed by fire. The loss exceeded two million dollars, along with the majority of Thomas Edison's work. He was insured only for $238 because the buildings were constructed of concrete, which was thought to make a building fireproof. At 67-seven years of age, the great inventor watched his life's work go up in flames. The next morning after firefighters had finally brought the inferno under control, he surveyed his charred dreams and crushed hopes. As he looked at the scene, he said, 'There is great value in disaster. All our mistakes are burned up. Thank God we can start anew.' Three weeks after the fire, Edison produced one of his greatest inventions: the first phonograph. Try to imagine the world of music and entertainment without it!

The Bible says, 'For though the righteous fall seven times, they rise again, but the wicked stumble when calamity strikes' (Proverbs 24:16 NIV). With God on your side, you can begin again because the power to do it resides within you. It's the same power that raised Christ from the dead (see Romans 8:11). Paul prayed for believers at Ephesus: 'That out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being' (Ephesians 3:16 NIV). Where is your strength? 'In your inner being.' He continues: 'Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us' (Ephesians 3:20 NIV).

So the word for you today is - you can start again.

Soulfood: Lev 16 Lev 23:26-32 Heb 9:1-14 Heb 13:11-16.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (26) (Reply)

Prophet Valentine Alloysiu: Atiku Will Win Presidency, INEC Will Announce Buhari / NBM Of Africa Donates N2m To Victims Of Owo Catholic Church Attack (Pics, Video) / Christmas Is An Abomination & A Blasphemous Pegan Festival - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.