Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,742 members, 7,955,830 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:24 PM

My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women (23923 Views)

My View On Nairaland As A Home For Diffrent Cultures... / African Culture, Nigeria -my View (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Go Down)

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by elderbros(m): 11:04pm On Feb 23, 2010
nairalanders, una dey fall ma hand, abeg stroke ds poster
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 11:06pm On Feb 23, 2010
whats the difference between Jamo and Yardie

when an overgrown teenager that does not know what it takes to be a Nigerian is talking, i think the right thing to do is to ignore.

@21 u know everything about Nigerian women what a Joke. go back home and grow up maybe your elders will teach u not to generalize on people u do not understand

Monkey
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by chic2pimp(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2010
Rastamann:

Jamo women dey 'pon top a ting', dem a dey sexy, nuff rispect to dem. Poverty and greed no allow naija women see road.
And Jamaica is a rich country, right? undecided
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bgees(m): 12:29am On Feb 24, 2010
Rastamann:

Jamo women dey 'pon top a ting', dem a dey sexy, nuff rispect to dem. Poverty and greed no allow naija women see road.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

see as d guy mix pidgin with raga.

jamo + akata = double wahala grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by furacao(m): 12:35am On Feb 24, 2010
Jamo women in the UK are nothing to write home about. Very little morals. They do not get married but live with boyfriend, even when they are older and have children. One of my co workers is 48 and is always telling us how she and her son's girlfriend will  be making dinner and breakfast in the house. The ones on the buses with green and pink weave and long nails, shouting on their pay-as-you-go T mobile phones just embarass other Black people here. The funny thing about a lot of them is that they look down on Africans because of our accent. TBut they hate that a lot of Nigerians are in middle management and have two or three degrees unlike them who finished at GCSE level (SSCE equivalent). ln my office, in the City, there are four black men, three Nigerians and one Ghanaian, but many African and Caribbean women. No Caribbean man anywhere.
The women love us but the men hate us and feel better than us, reminds me of Malcolm X's analogy of the field negro and the house negro!!!! tongue
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by agabaI23(m): 1:15am On Feb 24, 2010
furacao:

Jamo women in the UK are nothing to write home about. Very little morals. They do not get married but live with boyfriend, even when they are older and have children. One of my co workers is 48 and is always telling us how she and her son's girlfriend will be making dinner and breakfast in the house. The ones on the buses with green and pink weave and long nails, shouting on their pay-as-you-go T mobile phones just embarass other Black people here. The funny thing about a lot of them is that they look down on Africans because of our accent. TBut they hate that a lot of Nigerians are in middle management and have two or three degrees unlike them who finished at GCSE level (SSCE equivalent). ln my office, in the City, there are four black men, three Nigerians and one Ghanaian, but many African and Caribbean women. No Caribbean man anywhere.
The women love us but the men hate us and feel better than us, reminds me of Malcolm X's analogy of the field negro and the house negro!!!! tongue
You are talking about one office. You have to stop makinga sweeping statement my dear. I know loads of jamo guys that are gamefully employed and even running their own legit businesses.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by furacao(m): 2:02am On Feb 24, 2010
One office? It's a reflection of many offices, trust me. l know what l am saying. Obviously, not every last one of them, but the majority of them are like that.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Abekeade08(f): 2:18am On Feb 24, 2010
@Poster,

I agreed with you until you started vilifying Nigerian women. I have a great perspective on this issue as i am half naija/half trini. My dear girl, Men in general will tell you anything to get in between your legs, so please don't bring that here as proof that naija women are loud and all such rubbish. Naija men might date every other race in the world, but when its time for marriage they usually pick girls from the motherland.

On another note, don't take NL seriously, or else you will get hypertension for faceless goats behind a computer screen.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bee444: 2:48am On Feb 24, 2010
furacao:

Jamo women in the UK are nothing to write home about. Very little morals. They do not get married but live with boyfriend, even when they are older and have children. One of my co workers is 48 and is always telling us how she and her son's girlfriend will  be making dinner and breakfast in the house. The ones on the buses with green and pink weave and long nails, shouting on their pay-as-you-go T mobile phones just embarass other Black people here. The funny thing about a lot of them is that they look down on Africans because of our accent. TBut they hate that a lot of Nigerians are in middle management and have two or three degrees unlike them who finished at GCSE level (SSCE equivalent). ln my office, in the City, there are four black men, three Nigerians and one Ghanaian, but many African and Caribbean women. No Caribbean man anywhere.

You've actually done your home work and you're bang on the point. However, make sure you at least involve a lot of them instead of using a single co-worker of yours.

Nevertheless, I believe morals is lacking in their settings and they seldom use common sense. They're the worst of the worst when it comes to immorality. 80% of them don't get married. They've replaced husband with partner and boyfriend. 70% of them are single parents. They lack manners and are very aggressive. Most of their guys make their livings in selling drugs. Just 10% of them attends college or University.

There are more than 18 Millions Nigerians in school at all levels. That is more than the total human population of South Africa, Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, Morocco, Tanzania and the school population of France, Britain and Spain.

Nigerians have often lost their patience, but not their way, or faith, the one that reminds them that clouds may often overrun the skies; they cannot control it; that beyond the eclipse, light awaits.

With one of the highest literacy rates in Africa, Nigerians are their own harshest critics, loudly establishing organs to make sure they are heard.

Whenever Nigerians are talking, Jamaicans should just keep quiet.  Nigerian girls are the most God fearing people on the planet (according to world survey).

In 2003, Nigerians were reported to be the happiest people in a scientific survey carried out in 65 nations in 1999–2001.[90] The research was reported by one of the world's top science magazines, New Scientist, and was picked up by a number of news outlets. The report considered that the country's family life and culture were more important than its problems and material wealth in determining happiness. Enough said
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by modsrmoron(m): 3:23am On Feb 24, 2010
U people make me sick. It is u same people that constantly defend your country when it is labeled a country full of fraudsters and yet you choose to insult jamaicans. marriage might be a way of life in nigeria but u can't say having boyfriends at a certain age is immoral. Just because it is not familiar to your culture does not mean it is immoral.

1 Like

Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bee444: 3:34am On Feb 24, 2010
modsrmoron:

U people make me sick. It is u same people that constantly defend your country when it is labeled a country full of fraudsters and yet you choose to insult jamaicans. marriage might be a way of life in nigeria but u can't say having boyfriends at a certain age is immoral. Just because it is not familiar to your culture does not mean it is immoral. 

Read my post again, I never said having boyfriend is immoral. I said immorality is high with  Jamaican women (the one's that are of marriage age)They preferred having boyfriend or partner (whatever you call them) to getting married and having a husband. Get that straight!

While I can somewhat defend Most Nigerians, the few bad eggs amongst them need to be exposed. I'm talking about the fraudstars and the Internet scammers. They've given Nigerian names and that still affect them to this day.

Nigerian men occupy some of the biggest post in International spectrum and can boast of thousands of medical and engineering students and professionals.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by smile4kenn(m): 3:59am On Feb 24, 2010
this is getting serious
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 4:02am On Feb 24, 2010
The accuser is guilty of the same offence as the accused
You just did the same thing gurl
And seriously i dont think u wanna get down with em naija babes, my cents lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by kazman14: 4:10am On Feb 24, 2010
I'm a Nigerian living in Caribbean. Overhere it is believed that descendant of Africa in Barbados are mostly from Ghana due to their easy nature while the Africans descendants in Jamaica were from Nigeria due to their aggressive manner of behavior. So whatever being said about Jamaica women apply to Nigerian women too.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by modsrmoron(m): 4:10am On Feb 24, 2010
What exactly is marriage age? Because a mother has a boyfriend or a partner she is now immoral? Let's be reasonable here. Your cultural beliefs can't be shared with everyone. Immorality is not the right word to label such women. While most of your arguements are agreed upon u choose to generalize with jamaicans but now play d partiality card with ur fellow country men. Brother have u met all jamaican men to finally conclude that they are all lowlives?
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by kazman14: 4:15am On Feb 24, 2010
I'm a Nigerian living in Caribbean. Overhere it is believed that descendant of Africa in Barbados are mostly from Ghana due to their easy nature while the Africans descendants in Jamaica were from Nigeria due to their aggressive manner of behavior. So whatever being said about Jamaica women apply to Nigerian women too.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bee444: 4:27am On Feb 24, 2010
modsrmoron:

What exactly is marriage age? Because a mother has a boyfriend or a partner she is now immoral? Let's be reasonable here. Your cultural beliefs can't be shared with everyone. Immorality is not the right word to label such women. While most of your arguements are agreed upon u choose to generalize with jamaicans but now play d partiality card with your fellow country men. Brother have u met all jamaican men to finally conclude that they are all lowlives?

Brother, I am in no way at war with you or totally against Jamaicans. While you agree with most of my arguments, you're still mis-quoting what i've tabled down. I never said all Jamaican men, I said[b] most jamaican men[/b].

By the way, who told you i'm from Nigeria? Your conclusion should not be based on what i've said about Nigerians, Maybe I just happen to know a bit of history about them. All my arguments are based on facts and figures supported by evidence(s).
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by kazman14: 4:37am On Feb 24, 2010
From experience i can tell you one gud thing about Jamaican both sexes male or female are honest. Apart from their ganjerism permit my word they are very honestand sincere people, their Yes is their are No is their No. They dont shy os telling the truth they will say just as it is. On their bahavior i think it depends on their level of education and exposures. Some of their educated men tend to be good behave than their semi or illiterate men. Overall, i think it will be unfair to be stereotyping people base on ur individual experience with other individual we all are human being and human beings have their unique personalities.

One love. Respect!
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by modsrmoron(m): 4:39am On Feb 24, 2010
Brother neither have I come to grind axe with u. All d facts u have displayed here have only been concluded merely on the limited scope travelled by your experience. And all that can be argued on a friendly dialogue as we having now." Most jamaicans" is still generalization and I believe its unfair.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bee444: 4:40am On Feb 24, 2010
kazman14:

While you're bang on point with some of your findings, I totally disagree with the above highlighted words or sentences.

How many percentage of Nigerian women do you see smoke weed or ganja like their Jamaican counterpart? What about the issue of having children out of wed-lock? Single parenting? Education? Moral? God-fearing?

If you're truely a Nigerian, by now my bros, you suppose know better o.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by bee444: 4:44am On Feb 24, 2010
kazman14:

From experience i can tell you one gud thing about Jamaican both sexes male or female are honest. Apart from their ganjerism permit my word they are very honestand sincere people, their Yes is their are No is their No. They dont shy os telling the truth they will say just as it is. On their bahavior i think it depends on their level of education and exposures. Some of their educated men tend to be good behave than their semi or illiterate men. Overall, i think it will be unfair to be stereotyping people base on your individual experience with other individual we all are human being and human beings have their unique personalities.

One love. Respect!

I totally agree with you this time my brother.

One love.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by oyinda3(f): 5:18am On Feb 24, 2010
very silly topic
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by madlady(f): 5:47am On Feb 24, 2010
oyinda.:

very silly topic

Could not agree with you more, and why it was put on the front page, the lord only knows

As for those who say that my country people are immoral or amorally, in some cases yes but remember the way blacks live when abroad can be total different from the way they live when back  in the motherland.

I have never smoked weed sold drugs or any of the other silly stone throwing issues spoken about hear.
I am not a single mother lived on benefit or worn a tat just like most of the Nigerans on this site are not 419 ppls

I thank most of you hear for not taking this thread too seriously the women most of all.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 6:07am On Feb 24, 2010
Who are all these 'blaboats'
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by illusion2: 6:56am On Feb 24, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

Well first and foremost let me introduce myself before I rant. Yes I am a newbie here. I actually found about this site while looking up relations between Africans (from the continent) and African descendants. Unfortunately I came across BULL. I've read posts about "why are nigerian men dating jamaican women?", "why dont nigerian men in the UK get along with Jamaican women?" I've seen some of the most pathetic posts about "Jamo women smoke weed (90 percent of them)", "Jamo women wear blue. black, lime green, yellow, blonde weave", "Jamo women will cut off your male anatomy" etc. Complete, utter RUBBISH. Let me just say I come here with NO disrespect intended, as I am a black woman therefore of the African vine that you all born on the land or to parents who were. I have dated African men and I adore them. I will also have you all know I am the product of a Jamaican mother and an African American father. What I read burned my soul because I was raised by a Jamaican women with so much dignity, respect and pride that it has rubbed off on me. The disrespect is MAJOR! I could not believe a people who claim to be the "super powers of Africa" and intelligent would say such vile, and disgusting stereotypical junk that has plaqued ALL black people. I do NOT appreciate the slander what so ever. I have NEVER worn blonde, lime green, pink, purple, blue, yellow etc weave, I do not find it cute nor will I ever. As for SOME of my Jamaican sisters? to each his own. Every orchard has its spoiled apples, Africans should know this first hand as African ppl are by far the most stereotyped humans on the planet.

Futhermore this issue between some of you rude and envious Nigerian women and Jamaican women is childish and pitiful. If a Nigerian MAN, not child, not boy but MAN, should decide that he will like to wed, bed or even get to know a Caribbean/Jamaican woman, so be it. This anomousity is rediculous. To the fool who claimed that 90 percent of my sisters smoked weed let me ask you this there are nearly 3.5 million Jamaican ppl on my island, to every man there is about 4 women, so let me ask you this "you really want me to believe that you have actually spoken to/met millions of Jamaican women to be sure that 90 percent of us smoke weed?" you are but a fool. You are ignorant and should be ashamed of yourself. Nigerian women who dislike us GET OVER YOURSELVES! Every African man I have dated has exclaimed/declared they will nolonger date African women because apparently you all are "dramatic and over the top not to mention loud". Sure SOME of you may be but I am woman enough to know that some do not speak for all, futhermore I am also woman enough to tell them that African woman birthed you so you cannot turn your back on them. I am a fair person and a proud college bound HARD WORKING Jamaican woman. If you want to know why is it Nigerian/African men like us, ask yourselves "what is wrong with us to make them stray?"; that statement alone by now has spawned fire inside of some of you because you are biased but I could careless.

The reason Africa and other black nations cannot thrive is foolishness such as this. This ethnocentric, tribalistic crap has despoiled us of years and chances of elevation generation after generation! Is My Jamaican blood enough to make me not a good choice for an African man? or is it my character that should be questioned? Ask yourself that. Someone said "isnt there other Caribbean women? why Jamos?" I guess as if to say we are the bottom of the pit and should be overlooked. Let me explain this clear so that I am not to repeat myself: Jamaican women are WOMEN. We are not extraterrestial beings we are not inbetween the sexes we are WOMEN; and like ALL women we range from mild mannered to extreme ignorance. Like ALL women you have (excuse my language) "Ladies" and "b.tches" (again pls excuse me). If you go to Trinidad same story. Barbados? same story. Colombia? Same. America? Same. Africa? You fill in the blank. We are more than worth it after all we are also of African descent which regardless of how you all feel connects us. The only division between us that should be evident is the Atlantic Ocean nothing more. Grow up and educate yourselves on the tribes that make up Jamaica: Igbo and Yoruba are among the many f.y.i.

To my Nigerian brothers and sisters who understand me, bless up and respect. I look forward to conversing with you all and getting to know Nigerian culture and history to all else grow up!, AND FAST.
@MzDarkSkin, Are you this passionate in bed ? undecided . . . . . , **I wonder,I just wonder *****
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by jumobi1(m): 7:38am On Feb 24, 2010
nuff respect to the Jamaican lady. Me wan propose to you. lol
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by reka(m): 8:06am On Feb 24, 2010
Damnnnnn!!! That's all have got to say. grin
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by Nobody: 8:33am On Feb 24, 2010
MY grandma at 108 yrs still sexy and pretty, From NAIJA, DO u want her?

@poster, CRAB Topic, Naija gurls always want something far from love, I prefare ma whity and Caribean babe's, Akata hmm somehow Naija no interest lol just for smash, lol kidding ya, Hey naija chicken's
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by belelikfin(m): 8:56am On Feb 24, 2010
Black is beautiful.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by dustydee: 9:07am On Feb 24, 2010
:-x
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by na2day2(m): 9:12am On Feb 24, 2010
Abekeade08:

@Poster,

I agreed with you until you started vilifying Nigerian women. I have a great perspective on this issue as i am half naija/half trini. My dear girl, Men in general will tell you anything to get in between your legs, so please don't bring that here as proof that naija women are loud and all such rubbish. Naija men might date every other race in the world, but when its time for marriage they usually pick girls from the motherland.

On another note, don't take NL seriously, or else you will get hypertension for faceless goats behind a computer screen.

i see i trained u well  wink wink

@ OP

get a life! u talked against stereotyping and u just did the same thing.
Re: My View: Nigerian vs Carribbean Women by idifu(m): 9:52am On Feb 24, 2010
dat was real

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13)

Ooni Ogunwusi's Grandmother, Mariani, Dies At The Age Of I04 / 7 Key Moments Of Sanusi Outside The Throne / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.