Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. (29027 Views)

'My Girlfriend Sheds Tears Whenever I Am Leaving Home For Work' - Man (Video) / Zambian Pastor Has Died Leaving Behind 32 Wives, 520 Children, And 1,300 Grandch / See How Slay Queen Got Back At Bf Who Abandoned Her For Greener Pastures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Josh44s(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
I was on this position a year ago but I choose to Marry my heartthrob and stay. Today things are working out well each passing day for us. Marrying her is one of my dream come true. Op sit down and think well before you decide to travel abroad leaving her to scavengers to feast on.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by sotall(m): 12:01pm On Sep 05, 2017
I am gonna learn from this

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Erhun10z: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Your Brother's Advice Is Right, But You Cant Leave Your Bae, The Last Time I Checked, MSc Was Not Up To 2years, Run The Stuff And Run To Marry Your Bae, Or Hustle To Take Her To Canada Too.. But The Choice Is Yours, You Cant Leave Your Bae, Finding A Wife Material These Days Is Like Finding Lil Wayne In The Mosque

9 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by digoster(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
May visa reach ur hand first
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
SuperSuave:
I don't know you or your girl but one thing I know is change is constant, be it attitudinal or something else and no one should be trusted 100% as long as they're human.

It will do the both of you real good if you guys can just handle the heartbreak of breaking up before you travel than unsettling yourself over there while your girl makes out with another man (probably as back up plan) or she being faithful to you while you exploit over there.

If you decide to still be in the relationship, your love for each other will definitely wax cold as time goes on I believe due to the distance barrier. You'll be tempted to go after other beauties while she will be constantly disturbed by various suitors too which will make her indecisive as age is no longer on her side I believe.

The ball is in your court bro, I wish you best of luck in your endeavor. cool
A tough one. Their love may persevere.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by davidtobi1759(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
wot abt d part 2 of dat movie
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by TerrorSquad147: 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
@SuperSuave and @Billyonaire has said all that I have in mind. OP, use your head, people come and go in and out of our lives.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by cromz(m): 12:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Bro just forget about the girl and focus on your life. you have to give all ur best when u are HUSTLING your uncle is right she will later leave u remember age is not on your side. if eventually u marry her in a poor financial situation she will still leave u if u can't provide her needs. So just go to Canada and focus on your MSc you never can tell you may meet another woman dere
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by bigtt76(f): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Can you stomach the absence? Guys are more jealous when it involves long distance relationships. Don't get distracted by thoughts of her being in bed with another imaginary guy ooo grin

Drinkwater07:

She is, she was skeptical at first, but after telling her that it will mean a better life for us she reluctantly agreed to it.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
My advice: Make the mistake and have the regret you can live with. Probably you've got your Mum and other siblings hoping to depend on your progress abroad. Choose them first. I'm not saying this girl isn't good but she isn't yours yet and things will most def change. When it does, you will not be able to live with that regret.

Just go, Bro.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by paragon40(m): 12:03pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.
forget about her...your brother is right

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by VeeGodwin: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
you are just an ingrate after she supported you when you lost your job, now you are thinking about it and considering your mental brother's opinion. marry your brother. nonsense fellow.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Angelb4: 12:04pm On Sep 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is no option there. There is no choice to be made. You cant let down that girl. In fact you must marry her. Then you cant stop Education. But you can learn to lie from Lai Mohammed, and tell your brother you have no girl friend. After your MSc, get the girl into Canada via any means, and proceed with your life. At MSc, your brother has done enough for you already. Except you wanna remain a baby and depend on him for advices, permissions on your personal life and ofcourse some soup.

Exactly what i wanted to tell him. After you MSc, you have your own life to live. Come pick your babe and move on with your life. How many people have PhD? Even the one that Presided over Nigerian affairs with PhD said stealing isn't corruption. *SIGH*. I rest my case....
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Iseddy: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
I believe if you can give her ur words and keep it, u don't have a problem, go finish ur school and come back for ur girl. But if you are going to abandon her u better don't promise her. I believe after ur school & ur are ready to settle ur bros won't decide for u at dat point.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by bigpicture001: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
my father once told me..." my son,listen very carefully, in life as a man..you stand a very high chance of losing it all if u priotize ladies..but you can never lose a woman chasing your own good (money)..a word is enuf for the wise

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
There is no controversy here...

Go to Canada for your MSC but while at it put things in motion to bring her over...

Don't forget to do secret court wedding with her before you move...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by mare23ayo(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmmmm, I am in a similar situation

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by DisGuy: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account.

You too pay it forward by promising your girlfriend of over 4 years to send her to Canada to get her Msc just like your brother promised you.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by 4dor: 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is no option there. There is no choice to be made. You cant let down that girl. In fact you must marry her. Then you cant stop Education. But you can learn to lie from Lai Mohammed, and tell your brother you have no girl friend. After your MSc, get the girl into Canada via any means, and proceed with your life. At MSc, your brother has done enough for you already. Except you wanna remain a baby and depend on him for advices, permissions on your personal life and ofcourse some soup.

Drinkwater07, this is the solution to your problem.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Partnerbiz3: 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
This guy in intelligent.

Don't ask me how I knew..

I know my colleagues cool shocked

See below for data shaa...

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by ENGRJCJ(m): 12:07pm On Sep 05, 2017
Ur gf can be ur dependent via de-factor relationship but i don't know if they have stuff like that in Canada . But in oz you can travel wt ur gf or wife as far as u can prove it.

In a nutshell, you two can travel together even as a student..Just research on their website..
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by successinlife: 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.

There is no issue here.It all depends on you.Similar issue happened with my kid brother and he sticked with his plan irrespective of all the female students temptation here,he went back to Naija,Marry his teen girl friend and brought her with him,i so much respect that though,it isn't that easy but you can do it if you so much love her.Your brother is talking from experience and he is right,what i can tell you is that,you won't suffer as he did because he knows the ground well and will always be of assistance,same way the first in wherever help out the jjc.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by tochivitus(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
I understand ya dilemma Bro, this is what I will do If In your shoes
1. collect the visa and go for ya program.
2. kep in touch with ya lady and organise ya life
3. After ya programme and your successful and financially stable over there come back home and Marry ya lady. Then you are independent and ya brother will not middle in our decisions, trust me if you miss this opportunity you may regret it someday
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by bet9ja(m): 12:08pm On Sep 05, 2017
Choose your carrier above love. Don't be blinded with feelings. When you get to your destination, you will know better. Once you get out of that jungle called Nigeria, you will realised that it is worthless to tie your future with any lady. My opinion though.

4 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by mayskit4luv(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmmn. I know how u feel Op.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by MrDoGood(m): 12:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
Any help with conditions is regarded as contract.
Serve your brother and get back to happiness. Never take communication away

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by shinarlaura(f): 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Hmmmm..

This one is not easy ooo.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Kenturkey048(m): 12:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

bro a beg use ur head...
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by ZombieTAMER: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
Love is overrated

Go there find a good Canadian citizen to impregnate... That's the surest way to escape buhari hardship

She will be fine as long as you keep sending the money
Meanwhile give me her contacts before going..
Let me help a brother take care of her lady cool

5 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by madridsta007(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

Use your head to decide here.

Not your heart. Not your emotions.
Get to Canada, see how things are and continue things with her, if your environment suits it. However, if her emotions and complains in ANY way attempts to disturb your academics, please leave her and be ruthless with it. Never, ever, ever, prioritize a lady over your ambitions. Never.

Do what your brother says. He is using his head. Use your head please.

5 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by NovusHomo(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
lomprico:
I have been in love before so I know how you feel.

But your brother may have a point. My very close cousin was in ur shoes one time, due to inability to find job his elder sis try sending him to Ukraine for MSc, he had a girl he has been dating for 8 yrs, when he told her of the travel plans she cried n cried that he was going to leave her after all they have been through, told tried convincing her that he wont do such, he even called her mum and told her he was ready to bring drinks to her family indicating he wants to marry her. She still did not believe him, this my guy sabotaged his visa runs so that he wont travel again cos he did not know how to tell his sis he's no more going (because of his girl). He confided in me on this, I almost broke bottle on his head. To cut the long story short he is still searching for a decent job as I type this and guess what his girl has left him last year because, in her words "I need a better provider" .
My cousin almost took his life when this happened.

So, Op am not saying all ladies are the same but use your head and not ur heart in this situation. When u make the money women in all shapes n sizes, the very good ones and very bad ones will flock around you but if u are broke.. well. undecided

CASE CLOSED.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by bigpicture001: 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
my father once told me..he said.."my son,sit down,..listen very carefully...you will lose almost everything if you priotize ladies over your personal progress..but you can not lose a lady chasing your personal progress. (money)...a word is enuf for the wise..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

LADIES: Do You Ever Get Sick Of The Attention? / 21 Questions To Ask Before Saying “I Do” / Guys, What's The Most Brutal Rejection You Have Ever Received From A Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.