Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,443 members, 7,816,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:40 PM

I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. (29024 Views)

'My Girlfriend Sheds Tears Whenever I Am Leaving Home For Work' - Man (Video) / Zambian Pastor Has Died Leaving Behind 32 Wives, 520 Children, And 1,300 Grandch / See How Slay Queen Got Back At Bf Who Abandoned Her For Greener Pastures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

This issue is a no brainer to me. If they love each other as much as they claim, this is not an issue at all. All I saw in the OPs write up is a Spineless male who is afraid of his brother and doesn't have a mind of his own. Simple.

Well I would not let my brother dictate my life and relationship that I concur with you, OP should talk with GF and decide what conclusion they should come to, I don't know the girl so my default thought is that the girl would dump him if he doesn't take the offer and get a new job she might be a gem we can't see that sadly based on our experience its possible going to Canada might even not be his calling. But mehn I'd still go though grin
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by InvertedHammer: 2:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.

New environment, new experience.

She is 30. You are her last hope because she don " enter demurrage". If you really love her, marry her in a registry so that if yoi dare misbehave, she can use that leash to draw you back.
There is a 50% chance that if you settle down in Canada, you may trade up just like a poor man who hits a jackpot and decides to marry another wife. It may not happen...but just saying.

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Cordis92(f): 2:54pm On Sep 05, 2017
Op thanks for this topic.

My ex-boyfriend lives in Germany. While we were dating he was so carefree about our relationship not because he didn't love me but he assumed I loved him because he is in Germany ( that's the mentality of almost all the guys abroad, forgetting that all ladies are not the same). Long story short, he broke up with me when we applied for German visa (I spent most of the money ) and was rejected.

I faced my down moments but I met someone here on Nairaland ( a married man) who helped me to pay my debts ( without reimbursement in cash or kind) coz I borrowed for the visa application. He also advised me to apply for master's abroad which I did and by God's grace I am in Finland now doing my master's with scholarships for that matter from the school. This happened within a space of one year we broke up.

Op, your girlfriend didn't love you for 4 years because you would travel abroad. Did she know that one day you will travel abroad? Just talk with her, go make way for her to come up. She may even come up without your help. Who would tell me last year May that I'd be in Europe, I would not believe but see me now by God's grace I can go to Germany as I want, though I have completely severed all ties with my ex.

Marriage has a way of opening doors. My best friend just wedded last Saturday. Her husband lost his job months before their introduction and he was doing his master's same time. He used the little money left for introduction and prayed. April this year, he got a new job, better than the previous job and they got married last Saturday.

I am not telling you to go marry her now, but if you sincerely love her and you want to spend your life with her, you can do something on her head and go hustle while she manages her Npower, like that you will be focused and you will know the ends of your trip. She may even get a better job. Just my opinion. Good girls are hard to find now especially now you want to travel, girls will start flocking around you.

Advise yourself!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by collinsebuka(m): 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cordis92:

My ex-boyfriend lives in Germany. While we were dating he was so carefree about our relationship not because he didn't love me but he assumed I loved him because he is in Germany ( that's the mentality of almost all the guys abroad, forgetting that all ladies are not the same). Long story short, he broke up with me when we applied for German visa (I spent most of the money ) and was rejected.

I faced my down moments but I met someone here on Nairaland ( a married man) who helped me to pay my debts ( without reimbursement in cash or kind) coz I borrowed for the visa application. He also advised me to apply for master's abroad which I did and by God's grace I am in Finland now doing my master's with scholarships for that matter from the school. This happened within a space of one year we broke up.

Op, your girlfriend didn't love you for 4 years because you would travel abroad. Did she know that one day you will travel abroad? Just talk with her, go make way for her to come up. She may even come up without your help. Who would tell me last year May that I'd be in Europe, I would not believe but see me now by God's grace I can go to Germany as I want, though I have completely severe all ties with my ex.

Marriage has a way of opening doors. My best friend just wedded last Saturday. Her husband lost his job months before their introduction and he was doing his master's same time. He used the little money left for introduction and prayed. April this year, he got a new job, better than the previous job and they got married last Saturday.

I am not telling you to go marry her now, but if you sincerely love her and you want to spend your life with her, you can do something on her head and go hustle while she manages her Npower, like that you will be focused and you will know the ends of your trip. She may even get a better job. Just my opinion. Good girls are hard to find now especially now you want to travel, girls will start flocking around you.

Advise yourself!

Good girls are always hard to find but opportunities are even harder

3 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by OrdercityWeb: 2:56pm On Sep 05, 2017
Pampasi:
why did you not break that bottle on his head?
Aswear!! Hahahahahaha
Veru foolish act angry
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by JeffreyJamez(m): 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2017
pcguru1:

Well I would not let my brother dictate my life and relationship that I concur with you, OP should talk with GF and decide what conclusion they should come to, I don't know the girl so my default thought is that the girl would dump him if he doesn't take the offer and get a new job she might be a gem we can't see that sadly based on our experience its possible going to Canada might even not be his calling. But mehn I'd still go though grin

@bolded, that's just wrong bro. We should learn to treat each person as they come and not on a general note.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by northvietnam(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2017
Addicted2Women:

That same girl would divorce and abandon you if you go broke to a point where you can't pay your rent

What do you plan to marry her with ?? Take care of her and your kids with ?? Sand ??

There are millions of good girls that are 300% better than your girlfriend you would choose from after making money

Being broke is the worst thing that would happen to you

Thanks for talking to me directly...

God bless You for Me..
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by petitejolie(f): 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:
In a dilemma right now, please those experienced in these kind of issues should help me.

I lost my Job at the Nigerian Breweries Last year, While I was working I made up my mind to marry my girlfriend of about 4 years now, this December. Both of us are 30 already, we are so much in love, but my job lost really hampered our marriage plans, because she is just engaged in the Npower scheme now and my cash that I saved have long almost finished right now. The reason I did not go into business with the little money I have at that time about 400k was that My elder brother in Canada promised to send me to Canada to join there. So far he have helped me secure admission for MSc. and payed my full tuition fee and even credited my account for the maintenance which the visa officers will see in my account. He also has the plans of sponsoring me through PHD also in Canada or the UK if I want. Now as I await my Visa, there is a really big issue I am fighting right now to manage.

My brother warned me to forget about any girl I have here in Nigeria, that most of them are fair weather friends, gold diggers and desperados, and that if I have anybody here in Nigeria waiting for me while I am away, that it will be a huge distraction for me. He told me he is speaking out of experience and won't want anybody to distract me while studying and hustling abroad. My girl is definitely none of what he described, she is a very good person and is never after money, She just love so much. I told him that I don't have anybody, This is to avoid him withdrawing his financial support for me or may be doubting my seriousness to succeed.

I was planning to come back and get married to my baby after my MSc, but I don't know how my brother will see it. He will be so disappointed with me, I hold my brother in so much high regard, and right from when I was a child he usually protects me so well and doesn't want anything to hamper my success, I love my girl so much, she is everything you will want in any woman. If I don't marry her I don't think I will be happy with anyone else. None of them is aware of what is bothering. How will I solve this issue.
oboy eeeh! u know wives I mean wives o are hard to find these days I won't advice u break up but ehn first tins first first of all travel first. don't kill urself with fear of d unknown. u can control today but u can't control tomorrow so leave tomorrow alone. wen u av travelled, come back to Nairaland den I will tell u wat to do.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Wristler: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2017
Billyonaire:

There is no option there. There is no choice to be made. You cant let down that girl. In fact you must marry her. Then you cant stop Education. But you can learn to lie from Lai Mohammed, and tell your brother you have no girl friend. After your MSc, get the girl into Canada via any means, and proceed with your life. At MSc, your brother has done enough for you already. Except you wanna remain a baby and depend on him for advices, permissions on your personal life and ofcourse some soup.
Drinkwater07 abi Wetin be the Op name.... .Follow this advice. Chikena
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by BioGreen: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2017
Msc is at the most two years in Canada...,

infact the distance will validate your love the more.

Go do your master & maintain a distance r/ship with your girl. work while schooling, safe some cash, work some more after graduation and come marry ur girl.

After securing a work visa she may join you & also start an academic program.

This is exactly what my brother whom i sponsored for MBA in a chinese university deed.
He's currently on PHD scholarship being top of his class hence the distance r/ship didn't distract him

All the best

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by IstandWitBuhari: 3:10pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

Travel to Canada , after your Msc which is 2yrs. Apply for ur PR then come back marry ur girl and take her along with u
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by ImaIma1(f): 3:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
goingape1:
in some point you encouraged him to do something betraying to his brother, in other word you advise him to be an opportunist (just like ya women).

life doesn't work that way!

if you are a woman you should think like a man.,....

Pls why should his brother pick who he dates? Because he has bought his life over? So by dating a woman he loves means he is betraying his brother. If this is how men think, i will pass.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 05, 2017
Guy, you re 30. You don't need any expensive marriage. Go court and marry your babe if na she your heart dey with. Meeting a good babe ain't joke. Follow your instinct, you have seen what you want. Marry the babe. The people you are planning to give rice will not give you a job or help you with your problems.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cordis92:

Op, your girlfriend didn't love you for 4 years because you would travel abroad. Did she know that one day you will travel abroad? Just talk with her, go make way for her to come up. She may even come up without your help. Who would tell me last year May that I'd be in Europe, I would not believe but see me now by God's grace I can go to Germany as I want, though I have completely severed all ties with my ex.

Advise yourself!

Good girls are always hard to find. Best time to find a girl is when you are poor & not when you are comfortable.

1 Like

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Greatzeus(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2017
lomprico:
I have been in love before so I know how you feel.

But your brother may have a point. My very close cousin was in ur shoes one time, due to inability to find job his elder sis try sending him to Ukraine for MSc, he had a girl he has been dating for 8 yrs, when he told her of the travel plans she cried n cried that he was going to leave her after all they have been through, told tried convincing her that he wont do such, he even called her mum and told her he was ready to bring drinks to her family indicating he wants to marry her. She still did not believe him, this my guy sabotaged his visa runs so that he wont travel again cos he did not know how to tell his sis he's no more going (because of his girl). He confided in me on this, I almost broke bottle on his head. To cut the long story short he is still searching for a decent job as I type this and guess what his girl has left him last year because, in her words "I need a better provider" .
My cousin almost took his life when this happened.

So, Op am not saying all ladies are the same but use your head and not ur heart in this situation. When u make the money women in all shapes n sizes, the very good ones and very bad ones will flock around you but if u are broke.. well. undecided
Chai,sorry is your friend's name. Who can you trust in this world again. 8 years,ditched his Msc for her and she still left him,when he needed her most. Lord have mercy cry

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by IstandWitBuhari: 3:17pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

Msc is at the most two years in Canada...,

infact the distance will validate your love the more.

Go do your master & maintain a distance r/ship with your girl. work while schooling, safe some cash, work some more after graduation and come marry ur girl.

After securing a work visa she may join you & also start an academic program.

This is exactly what my brother whom i sponsored for MBA in a chinese university deed.
He's currently on PHD scholarship being top of his class hence the distance r/ship didn't distract him

All the best
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by lonewolftzar25: 3:22pm On Sep 05, 2017
This is real life not Nollywood. hustle first. work your ass out. then invite your babe. simple.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Gkay1(m): 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2017
love is all about sacrifice. if you love her and she love you, distance will not be a barrier. it takes sacrifice to be satisfied. discuss with her and assure her if truly you want marry her.
it happened to a friend of my, she was 32yrs of age then. she loved the guy and the guy love her. they are just dating then, she got opportunity to travel out and she discussed with the guy. she promised the guy and people doubted her. she always communicate with the guy everyday and she spent 2 years. she came back and the wedding was done. now the two of them are in US, living comfortably as husband and wife.
if u love the lady, pray over it and stand on your word.
good luck.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by JJCE(m): 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

my only advice for you is that you should get admission to Canada, so that you can study and hustle, within some month you can arrange how your Nigeria girlfriend will join you without your brother knowledge....
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by OrdercityWeb: 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2017
periphetes:
Hmmmn, I really appreciate all those who are giving you the truth. Pal your future comes top priority before any single lady you intend to marry. Most times I advice people that a single lady your courting does not totally belongs to you until marriage. Expect any surprises from her any day and anytime also inclusive in marriage. Now put your lady in your present position do you think she will blink thrice of the option travelling abroad to build her career or staying behind with you because of love?
The future matters the most, like someone rightly said get established; financially and secure your future. No lady is ready to drink garri with you forever because of love worst of it if she's a dependent she will surely dump you someday with yours kids.

Get your life straight up, ladies will beg and do anything for your love and attention. Beautiful and ugly ladies all over the world with awesome background will cry, starve, fight each other because of you. ( you will get tired sef)

Do you know why ? It's because you have a secure future and a good life you can provide all her needs and that of your kids too. Public will celebrate her as a wife to a well successful man. Women are always like children they collect more than they give its just the way they were configured by God.

My advice about your woman tell her the truth it will take time for you to be fully settled. Age isn't on her side if she can't wait for you wish her well in future and remain as good friends.

True Love really exist, only when you work and have got a secure future as a successful man.

Don't disappoint your sponsor by talking early about present relationship. Get made and become a KING first.
You made very good points. But i have a problem with the bolded.
Please "true love" doesn't exist, at least not anymore. If there has to be a condition like you have above for you to have "true love" then it's not "true"
No woman at least in this century will ever love you for just who you're. They must "love" you for something you have. That's the sad reality.
People should stop abusing that word "love".
"True love" doesn't exist, if he misses this opportunity, she will leave him and he will regret it for the rest of his life. People should learn to be realistic, all this "lovey-dovey" is utopian and only exist in movies.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Chiboi404: 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
Josh44s:
I was on this position a year ago but I choose to Marry my heartthrob and stay. Today things are working out well each passing day for us. Marrying her is one of my dream come true. Op sit down and think well before you decide to travel abroad leaving her to scavengers to feast on.
I swear you were never in dis guy shoe.....cute lie

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Chiboi404: 3:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
All I av to say girls aren't loyal u have a future bro control your emotions and face reality......opportunity lost can't b regain or it will cost you more decades u got no job and you thinking abt a good girl who might b pretending to b one but after you marry her and stay back u see d beast unveil dude think straight pursue Excellence and leave her behind for good..

2 Likes

Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Nobody: 4:09pm On Sep 05, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

@bolded, that's just wrong bro. We should learn to treat each person as they come and not on a general note.

Easy to say theoretically hard to practice if I am on a plane and I see a Pakistan man wearing his Muslim wear I will judge on a general note, but I get your point, like I said it depends if the babe is really really good I would still go and plan for her but then again sorry to say its hard trusting people these days everyone has their selfish interest at heart. But I will take your advice though
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Maski87: 4:11pm On Sep 05, 2017
Cork and bull story.30 years and you don't know what to do.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Havilah074: 4:12pm On Sep 05, 2017
tell ur broda who d girl is n wht stuff she's made of n d things she's capable of doing.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Josh44s(m): 4:13pm On Sep 05, 2017
Chiboi404:
I swear you were never in dis guy shoe.....cute lie

Funny you!
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by joe4christ(m): 4:20pm On Sep 05, 2017
SuperSuave:
I don't know you or your girl but one thing I know is change is constant, be it attitudinal or something else and no one should be trusted 100% as long as they're human.

It will do the both of you real good if you guys can just handle the heartbreak of breaking up before you travel than unsettling yourself over there while your girl makes out with another man (probably as back up plan) or she being faithful to you while you exploit over there.

If you decide to still be in the relationship, your love for each other will definitely wax cold as time goes on I believe due to the distance barrier. You'll be tempted to go after other beauties while she will be constantly disturbed by various suitors too which will make her indecisive as age is no longer on her side I believe.

The ball is in your court bro, I wish you best of luck in your endeavor. cool

Your brain is running on the latest OS. That's a good thing. Wished an average nigerian is like you mehn. Kudos!
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by lomprico(m): 4:24pm On Sep 05, 2017
geodemainguy:
What brand of beer do you want?
Lol
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by lomprico(m): 4:26pm On Sep 05, 2017
Pampasi:
why did you not break that bottle on his head?

Lol, he is blood. Anyway he has learnt his lessons.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by VickyRotex(f): 4:47pm On Sep 05, 2017
Drinkwater07:

Op, I don't think this should be much of a problem.
In my own opinion, you don't need to trade one for the other. You sure can have them both.
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this earlier on the thread, as I didn't have time to go through all the comments.
First, I'd like you to know that Canada values Family/Marriages so much and so having the both of you together in Canada even while you're studying isn't a problem or big deal.
There's what they call SOWP (Spousal Open Work Permit). You can apply from here even while you're also applying for your visa. All you need to present is the documents showing proof that you both are spouses.
And that way you can both leave for Canny and live your dreams as well if she wouldn't mind relocating.
I don't think there's any reason why you should "break" your lady's heart especially knowing that you've got this option in place.
Also, I believe it just takes the proper explanation to see this through. Talk this through with your brother. I believe he knows how this SOWP works. And I'm sure it will go well. I believe he would understand and want your happiness also.
Also, if you can't process before you leave, you can process even while you're in Canny already.

I really don't have much information about how the process works, but I have colleague's who have gone through the process so I can assure you it's not a problem and even on Nairaland, you can find the thread to seek for more information.

Note that even asides the SOWP, there are several other legitimate ways she can join you in Canny as soon as you want.

All the best in making the best decision!
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by Lewaluv(f): 4:52pm On Sep 05, 2017
Leave her na. If you feel bad send her some money. You will find a greater love abroad.
Re: I Am Leaving Behind My Love, For Greener Pastures Abroad. by speck4hanna(m): 4:53pm On Sep 05, 2017
It's simple bro,get ur life settled bfor anything else,or d same girl will dump u when things are really bad.my kid broda left his girlfriend n baby bfor traveling to Europe,d first money he ever made was sent to d girl n his child,unknown to him d girl got pregnant for another guy n was still playing loyal,my advice get ur life n if ur girl n u after that period of time is still ready then come over n marry her

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I am Celebrating One-Year Victory Over Masturbation Addiction / LADIES: Do You Ever Get Sick Of The Attention? / I Smush A Girl While We Are Standing In Queue At Bank.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.