Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (34314 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord / Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Ballmer: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2017
[quote author=Prognose post=60181563] [quote]

Imagine the nonsense this clown had move to FP on NL. Is she the first girl that would be so embarrassed that you had to write an epistle. What sort of pussied boys do we have all around now. Just because a girl is being teased you are preaching feminine. Bro you are sick in the head. Go Yaba go see as dem de tease girl so you can turn a feminist writer.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Let me guess. This happened in Lagos, right ? It is only in Lagos I see men behave like complete morons when they see ladies. Yet they expect the ladies to take them seriously.

4 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Larryfest(m): 10:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Na so she con fine wey all the guys for surrounding con dey misbehave like dat

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:

And yes the conductor touched her. Grabbed her twice, quite unnecessarily. Asked about her boyfriend (as if she must have one) , asked to be her boyfriend, was sha running his mouth.
And the three guys may not have physically touched her but pointing your finger into someone's face and making like you want to eat her up doesn't sound like decent behaviour to me undecided
that's different. U should have said so

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by odehaj: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2017
So why were you forgetting some lines in this 'tales by moonlight'??
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by InvertedHammer: 10:36am On Sep 07, 2017
This is why I am shocked at the ladies that dress provocatively in Nigeria talking about human rights. Sweetheart, look around you. Does it look like a civilized society? When in Rome, do like Romans. When in Miami beach, dress as you want. But in Nigeria, common sense should prevail. Heck! You call the police and predictably the police would do worse than the molesters. Go figure!
/

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 01mcfadden(m): 10:37am On Sep 07, 2017
siakhris:

Same girl wore a blouse and skirt and a pink gown? What is everyone smoking these days?!
grin
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ibietela2(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2017
What's your point exactly?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Apina(m): 10:38am On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:
Inasmuch as I am firmly opposed to feminism, the way fellow men behave nowadays is nothing to write home about.

I was on a bus to my place of work this morning. I sat at the back and other passengers joined. Seated beside me was this teenage girl, quite pretty, simple dressing in a blouse and skirt that ended well below her knees. Despite the fact that she didn't wear any makeup, the Good book will say "she was pleasant to look at."

Her harassment started from the park. The conductor kept on making rude, intimidating remarks at her, whether that was his method of 'toasting' I don't know. The driver offered to let her drive for n50 less than the normal amount. That was a nice gesture, true, but purely unnecessary. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful.

After about 20mins driving in traffic, we got to a popular bus stop and passengers from the front alighted. We waited a bit for more passengers to fill the front seat.

All of a sudden three guys who were passing by the bus stopped. One of them reached in and pointed directly at the girl, as in, in-her-face pointing at her and said "See fine gyal!"

I was shocked, as we're others on the bus. It looked for a moment as if he literally wanted to drag her out of the bus to 'admire' her. She on her part shifted quickly away from his reach while those of us at the back shouted on him. He laughed and went on his way with his other laughing buddies.

Na wa oh. Don't we as men have self control again? How would you feel if someone did something like that to your sister? Made her feel uncomfortable and threatened that way? That girl couldn't have been more than 15 years old and the men around her were just acting like animals!

Please guys let's have some self control. The reason why there is a feminist movement in the first place is because the oppression and misbehaviour by irresponsible men was becoming too much. Let's salvage our leadership and become leaders once more, men that women would want to respect, love and cherish.
Thanks
What has sexual harassment got to do with feminism? You speak about feminism as though there's a definition for it. It would be proper that u tell us what feminism is about and how it relates to the incident.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ibkayee(f): 10:39am On Sep 07, 2017
Lack of self control is a big problem with a lot of Nigerian men
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by kullozone(m): 10:43am On Sep 07, 2017
Is that all I was actually waiting for the interesting part, I no know say e don finish.

Well, it's obvious the guys are touts na.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Rozaytee: 10:44am On Sep 07, 2017
Omo @ op dat girls own is even small....i had more embarrassing ones my self....i started asking my self whether is a crime to be fair and pretty....
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by romenna: 10:45am On Sep 07, 2017
Chommieblaq:
That one na small
I just don't know what is wrong with some men, you see them sexually harassing ladies publicly.
I have lost count of how many times it has happened to me, in the bus, street, market own na him worse pass.

It's just ridiculous
remove Spiff and put ur photo make we for bliv u lol.
IMHO, i feel very bad wen i come across such scenes, some men can not control their behavior wen a lady is in sight. weak and low self esteemed men.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Rozaytee: 10:46am On Sep 07, 2017
raydatluvs:
I'm not sure when men became so weak and feeble at mind. Like we can not even do our own small shakara
i swear u hardly see guys who do shakara...lol..always easy to get dem...looolzzz
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Rozaytee: 10:48am On Sep 07, 2017
NairalandSARS:
I don't see any harassment here. Na bad thing to admire pesin?
So all those girls that stare at me are harassing me?
admire with sense

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:49am On Sep 07, 2017
I don't understand what's going on again.
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ziga: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2017
Too many boys in Nigeria. And in their minds, they are men.

Even if you point out the wrong attitude to them, they will never understand. As you can see already.

Haven't you seen situations where Nairaland/Nigerian people justify rape?

There was one thread a few weeks back where some people were stating that a situation wasn't rape. And a female was clearly violated.

5 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by odehaj: 10:51am On Sep 07, 2017
Rozaytee:
Omo @ op dat girls own is even small....i had more embarrassing ones my self....i started asking my self whether is a crime to be fair and pretty....
and who told you you're pretty?..being fair doesn't equal pretty,colour yourself black,you worhworh!

4 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by cha4: 10:52am On Sep 07, 2017
Supercharge ur Business With The Power of Internet!!!
Get The Ultimate E-commerce Website Experience!
for  N53,999 (Guaranteed that You Cant Get This Value Anywhere ELSE!)

Come with INCREDIBLE full features

Your E-commerce Website development can’t afford to be handled by 'Web-Quacks’

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 10:53am On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:

And yes the conductor touched her. Grabbed her twice, quite unnecessarily. Asked about her boyfriend (as if she must have one) , asked to be her boyfriend, was sha running his mouth.
And the three guys may not have physically touched her but pointing your finger into someone's face and making like you want to eat her up doesn't sound like decent behaviour to me undecided
What area is this please, cause sometimes it's like those men who behave like animals are packed in a certain geographical location, leaving sane ones among them feeling ashamed.
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ITbomb(m): 10:53am On Sep 07, 2017
OP, you never know the agony of a girl that dressed up move around and not even a single person is saying "see fine girl"
They can stay all night in bed crying "what is wrong with me"

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by patola080(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2017
frankgreat:

OP..i am very surprised you are calling those men animals when on your post you described a 15years old girl in such a very sexual way...haba na!!!
No photo to back all dis up like d photo of d gal n wot she put on
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ITbomb(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2017
odehaj:
and who told you you're pretty?..being fair doesn't equal pretty,colour yourself black,you worhworh!
Faints... .
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ziga: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
that's different. U should have said so

NO. Its NOT different. She was being harassed unnecessarily.

When Police stop you when you haven't committed an offence and they are asking for this and that. Asking for bribe and you say no.

Isn't that harassment?

Here is dictionary

Harass : exhaust, fatigue

I have been harassed with the toil of verse — William Wordsworth
b (1) : to annoy persistently was harassing his younger brother (2) : to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct was being harassed by her classmates claims that the police were unfairly harassing him

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Dcholeric: 10:55am On Sep 07, 2017
so the men that shouted at the back of the bus to stop the tout from further harassment don't have self control?
you that is claiming holy don't have del control?

honestly I for Don call you mumu for generalising.
see the nonsense you typed.

do you think is every guy that has time to look at girls not to talk of praising their beauty.
if you fine, it adds nothing to my life, unless we are related one way or another.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by zulex880: 10:58am On Sep 07, 2017
odehaj:
Why this bro grin grin grin
Everybody just dey vex for Naija these days grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:58am On Sep 07, 2017
Very appalling but what did you do. You just sat and watched or you told them these things you are telling us?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by IHate9jerians(m): 10:59am On Sep 07, 2017
odehaj:
Dont mind her.It is the attention they receive from mediocre men that makes them think they are more than what they are.
She is talking...what will i say about ladies (even the married ones)who always stare at me as if it is a crime to be handsome

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ziga: 11:00am On Sep 07, 2017
ignis:
It's pertinent to note that the damsel was not harassed because of her gender. Rather a senseless guy decided to manifest on an innocent lady.

Such act is not encouraged anywhere.

Oh really

And how do you know this?

How many times have you seen men being accosted in that way?

Animals prey on (try to take advantage of) people that they presume to be weaker.

Those men are no different than street dogs. They probably don't have higher brain centers.
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Originalsly: 11:03am On Sep 07, 2017
Has nothing to do with feminism..... everything to do with sexual harassment. The root of the problem is the unwillingness to enforce the laws on sexual harassment and abuse. Can't just point fingers at the youths and the failure of their parents to train them well.... when the very parents are harassing and sexual abusing their employees or subordinates at work. Even you Op who are complaining do not realize you're not much different from the ones you're complaining about..... girl not more than 15.... and you see her as pretty..... despite she being well dressed and covered... you undressed her with your eyes to let us know she had medium sized boobs and "her bum was nothing to write home about". I wonder.....would you be posting this if the bus had broken down on a lonely road at night and you and the girl only were left stranded?....or we would've been reading about a young girl raped and left on the roadside? ...I really wonder. But....must say...you raised a problem that need to be addressed....urgently.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 11:03am On Sep 07, 2017
ziga:

NO. Its NOT different. She was been harassed unnecessarily.

When Police stop you when you haven't committed an offence and they are asking for this and that. Asking for bribe and you say no.

Isn't that harassment?

Here is dictionary

Harass : exhaust, fatigue

I have been harassed with the toil of verse — William Wordsworth
b (1) : to annoy persistently was harassing his younger brother (2) : [b]to create an unpleasant or hostile situation for especially by uninvited and unwelcome verbal or physical conduct [/b]was being harassed by her classmates claims that the police were unfairly harassing him
not in the mood undecided for debate.

There's no law to jail every and any man who compliments, looks or offers favors because they think u are attractive. U know why?

Cuz every man who ever approached a woman who didn't want his attention would be behind bars. Too numerous to count because it happens on a regular basis .It is normal
unwanted but not harrsment unless she baid them stop

DONT quote again. I won't reply. Good morning . bye

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.