Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning (34313 Views)

My Breakfast This Morning (picture) / Gun Bullet On My Dad's Bed This Morning Thank Uord / Anytime My Husband Is Angry, This Is My Way Of Apologising To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Danhumprey: 11:49am On Sep 07, 2017
ibkayee:
Lack of self control is a big problem with a lot of Nigerian men
Really? Nigerian men alone?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by lebete3000: 11:49am On Sep 07, 2017
1Sharon:
Men! If you see a woman you feel is attractive. It's not her fault she looks that way, she didn't choose the way she looks. So why do you feel the need to guilt trip her into accepting ur abusive advances? Why do You feel she should put up with ur harassment which borders on bullying just because of how she looks? Why do you feel she should take all that abuse on the chin like it is acceptable?

She cant help it, so have some DECORUM when interacting with a woman and at least try to suppress the cave man tendencies

Shitt like this is annoying

See your fresh black nyanshhh...I want to have a taste of that chunk of ass
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by JamesReacher(m): 11:51am On Sep 07, 2017
bukatyne:
@prognose:

I am a feminist however I fail to see how this concerns feminism.

We have touts 'admiring' a beautiful lady in a loutish way. I am very sure that more refined guys/gentlemen would compliment her smile, ask her name, engage her in small talk and ask for her number thereafter.

Both class of men want the same thing; to sleep with her (the rightness/wrongness outside the scope of this thread).

How does advocating for equal rights combat men staring at women? Heterosexual men see a beautiful woman as a wonder to look at and will continue to do so depending on their class and exposure.

I have had touts and gentlemen compliment me and I don't take it personal or as an harassment. I have equally complimented fine guys and they don't feel harassed.

I think the word is embarrassed because of the unnecessary attention it draws and I will say it is a case of interest. A gentleman saying same thing might have extracted a blush from the said girl.

I am against harassment and sexual abuse however, we can only combat a thing by defining it properly.

Some people have also complained of market men who drag women to their shops; it is not harassment and they are not doing it because they think you are inferior, they are solicting your patronage afterall, they sell women's wears and know that women are the major shoppers.

Like they say, the human brain cannot help but notice a delicious meal, an attractive person and .....

So fine gels and bois, enjoy the ride. cheesy
How are you a feminist?
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Danhumprey: 11:52am On Sep 07, 2017
odehaj:
and who told you you're pretty?..being fair doesn't equal pretty,colour yourself black,you worhworh!
Savagery savage! grin
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ibkayee(f): 11:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Danhumprey:
Really? Nigerian men alone?
Not alone/only
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by IYANGBALI: 11:54am On Sep 07, 2017
Igbos:
There are men and gentlemen

As there are ladies and there are hoes
please tell the op
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ImaIma1(f): 12:02pm On Sep 07, 2017
So many "ungentlemen" these days. Reminds me of a pregnant woman standing in the banking hall yesterday and one guy was sitting down. He couldn't even stand and offer her his seat. Who is training these guys nowadays?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by SOFTENGR: 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
siakhris:

Same girl wore a blouse and skirt and a pink gown?
What is everyone smoking these days?!

I wonder oooo grin grin ; grin

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Chommieblaq(f): 12:10pm On Sep 07, 2017
romenna:
remove Spiff and put ur photo make we for bliv u lol.
IMHO, i feel very bad wen i come across such scenes, some men can not control their behavior wen a lady is in sight. weak and low self esteemed men.

Hahahaha
It's anything wrong with using my boyfriend pic ni
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by handsomebanana(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2017
ImaIma1:
So many "ungentlemen" these days. Reminds me of a pregnant woman standing in the banking hall yesterday and one guy was sitting down. He couldn't even stand and offer her his seat. Who is training these guys nowadays?

So dere Wz only one seat in d bank?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nyrah(f): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2017
MEILYN:
Ehn, you slapped him. Did you think he wouldn't have beem justified if he slapped you back? He asked a question, tell him no or change position. Which one is that you slapped him when he didn't even touch you? He only asked for your consent

Someone that was already coming close
can't take that risk
was looking rascally AF

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by francmoda: 12:32pm On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:

And yes the conductor touched her. Grabbed her twice, quite unnecessarily. Asked about her boyfriend (as if she must have one) , asked to be her boyfriend, was sha running his mouth.
And the three guys may not have physically touched her but pointing your finger into someone's face and making like you want to eat her up doesn't sound like decent behaviour to me undecided
u harassed her too by ur actions.... "...collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful...."
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Afhounja(m): 12:39pm On Sep 07, 2017
ImaIma1:

What is this one saying? Is it the man's fault that the woman is pregnant?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Afhounja(m): 12:46pm On Sep 07, 2017
Many females on this thread are replying as if they don't crave attention from men.

Many females on this thread are also joining the bandwagon---claiming that they've gotten the same kind of treatment from men in public...just so it can seem like they are also desirable and attractive.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ImaIma1(f): 12:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
handsomebanana:

So dere Wz only one seat in d bank?

There was a woman with her baby and an elderly woman probably her mum. Three seats. Not a big branch
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by ImaIma1(f): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
Afhounja:

What is this one saying? Is it the man's fault that the woman is pregnant?

One spotted

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by liberalchick(f): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:
Inasmuch as I am firmly opposed to feminism, the way fellow men behave nowadays is nothing to write home about.

I was on a bus to my place of work this morning. I sat at the back and other passengers joined. Seated beside me was this teenage girl, quite pretty, simple dressing in a blouse and skirt that ended well below her knees. Despite the fact that she didn't wear any makeup, the Good book will say "she was pleasant to look at."

Her harassment started from the park. The conductor kept on making rude, intimidating remarks at her, whether that was his method of 'toasting' I don't know. The driver offered to let her drive for n50 less than the normal amount. That was a nice gesture, true, but purely unnecessary. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful.

After about 20mins driving in traffic, we got to a popular bus stop and passengers from the front alighted. We waited a bit for more passengers to fill the front seat.

All of a sudden three guys who were passing by the bus stopped. One of them reached in and pointed directly at the girl, as in, in-her-face pointing at her and said "See fine gyal!"

I was shocked, as we're others on the bus. It looked for a moment as if he literally wanted to drag her out of the bus to 'admire' her. She on her part shifted quickly away from his reach while those of us at the back shouted on him. He laughed and went on his way with his other laughing buddies.

Na wa oh. Don't we as men have self control again? How would you feel if someone did something like that to your sister? Made her feel uncomfortable and threatened that way? That girl couldn't have been more than 15 years old and the men around her were just acting like animals!

Please guys let's have some self control. The reason why there is a feminist movement in the first place is because the oppression and misbehaviour by irresponsible men was becoming too much. Let's salvage our leadership and become leaders once more, men that women would want to respect, love and cherish.
Thanks

You seem like a decent and rational man, please may I ask why you are firmly opposed to feminism? What you witnessed is one of the fights of feminism, sexual objectification of women.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by liberalchick(f): 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2017
SweetPuffPuff:
I wouldn't consider it harassment as no 1 touched or made lewd comments ta her.

1 guy complimented her loudly and the driver offered her a discount
... but neither touched or suggested anything. Its normal.

Sexual harassment does not have to be physical it can be verbal, in fact some verbal harassment can cause more harm than physical. For example when you are in a fight with someone, sometimes you feel more pain if the person uses curse words on you than if the person slaps you. Pain is pain whether emotional or physical.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 1:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
liberalchick:

Sexual harassment does not have to be physical it can be verbal, in fact some verbal harassment can cause more harm than physical. For example when you are in a fight with someone, sometimes you feel more pain if the person uses curse words on you than if the person slaps you. Pain is pain whether emotional or physical.
yep. An there was none. No1 said anything harassing. The guy was just too loud when he called her fine. That's about it.
We need ta know when to sound the alarm ..... now is not it

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 1Sharon(f): 1:54pm On Sep 07, 2017
charlesucheh:
Egbami o! What's bad in the guy's statement? He simply said ; "SEE fine girl"!
Abi make him say see ugly girl!? you saw and didn't say anything, he saw and did! And you're here calling him an animal
Wobi! Your temperament cannot be akin to others! You might be a preserved person and that guy might be the expressive type! In so far as he didn't assault or insult her, to me it's all good! I wonder why you brought it here! Was hoping to read something more captivating! Mtcheeew! OP you fall my hand walahi!

You need to know to just let ppl be. A stranger doesn't want to hear ur comments undecided whether you say she is ugly or even pretty.

What you men don't even realise is that a woman being called a fine girl from a guy she is not attracted to doesn't make her feel good at all. We don't want to hear it from such guys

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by greatseed: 2:07pm On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:
Inasmuch as I am firmly opposed to feminism, the way fellow men behave nowadays is nothing to write home about.

I was on a bus to my place of work this morning. I sat at the back and other passengers joined. Seated beside me was this teenage girl, quite pretty, simple dressing in a blouse and skirt that ended well below her knees. Despite the fact that she didn't wear any makeup, the Good book will say "she was pleasant to look at."

Her harassment started from the park. The conductor kept on making rude, intimidating remarks at her, whether that was his method of 'toasting' I don't know. The driver offered to let her drive for n50 less than the normal amount. That was a nice gesture, true, but purely unnecessary. It clearly made her uncomfortable. Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful.

After about 20mins driving in traffic, we got to a popular bus stop and passengers from the front alighted. We waited a bit for more passengers to fill the front seat.

All of a sudden three guys who were passing by the bus stopped. One of them reached in and pointed directly at the girl, as in, in-her-face pointing at her and said "See fine gyal!"

I was shocked, as we're others on the bus. It looked for a moment as if he literally wanted to drag her out of the bus to 'admire' her. She on her part shifted quickly away from his reach while those of us at the back shouted on him. He laughed and went on his way with his other laughing buddies.

Na wa oh. Don't we as men have self control again? How would you feel if someone did something like that to your sister? Made her feel uncomfortable and threatened that way? That girl couldn't have been more than 15 years old and the men around her were just acting like animals!

Please guys let's have some self control. The reason why there is a feminist movement in the first place is because the oppression and misbehaviour by irresponsible men was becoming too much. Let's salvage our leadership and become leaders once more, men that women would want to respect, love and cherish.
Thanks
I won't be surprised if you're caught with the girl someday! Assive it's d 1st time touts make gestures to girls! Na Der way (Mad pple)..... Anyway I just hope u dint get d girls mobile no, all in d name of consoling her harassment!!! I dnt trust all this online Innocenty shocked angry cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 1Sharon(f): 2:08pm On Sep 07, 2017
IHate9jerians:

The OP is a pretender and a 'white knight".
Seeing the girl getting attention from other guys annoyed him because he was also attracted to her and he would love to keep her for himself

How do you know this?

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Afhounja(m): 5:22pm On Sep 07, 2017
liberalchick:

What you witnessed is one of the fights of feminism, sexual objectification of women.

In what way was the girl related in the OP sexually objectified? She was simply complimented/called out for her good looks and that was it.

If anyone is to be accused of 'objectifying' the girl, it should be the OP himself. Look at the way he described the girl with vivid details.

If you want to fight anyone for the sexual objectification of women, fight the women themselves. They are the ones who wear clothing that leave little or nothing to the imaginations of folks. They are the ones who post semi-nude pictures of themselves all over social media.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by brojoshua: 5:25pm On Sep 07, 2017
Nigeria society is in a very sorry state, imagine Nigerians doing that to their people, children, daughters, classmates and the likes. How much we will do to foreigners who come to live among us. And many times we will be complaining that South Africans, Indians and the likes are mistreating us in their countries while we ourselves are treating ourselves like animals and even worse than animals in our own country, when we are not safe among ourselves.
So what can we do for one way or another the Nigeria society is also turning to Sodom and Gomorrah gradually? Let all those of us who are wicked turn from their wicked ways unto the good and right ways, and let all of us who love only what is good and right gather together to support and enforce what is good and right and to punish all lawless deeds and all the lawless and wicked ones among us.

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2017
Prognose:

And yes the conductor touched her. Grabbed her twice, quite unnecessarily. Asked about her boyfriend (as if she must have one) , asked to be her boyfriend, was sha running his mouth.
And the three guys may not have physically touched her but pointing your finger into someone's face and making like you want to eat her up doesn't sound like decent behaviour to me undecided
the truth is that sexual harassment is getting too much. see even as well dressed as that girl was if some men have opportunity, they would rape her. men should learn to stop behaving like animals
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 07, 2017
Afhounja:
Many females on this thread are replying as if they don't crave attention from men.

Many females on this thread are also joining the bandwagon---claiming that they've gotten the same kind of treatment from men in public...just so they can seem like they are also desirable and attractive.
because they do, and it has almost become normal
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2017
lebete3000:

See your fresh black nyanshhh...I want to have a taste of that chunk of ass
objectification of women taking place right here folks, it happens a lot online
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by Afhounja(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2017
1Sharon:

You need to know to just let ppl be. A stranger doesn't want to hear ur comments undecided whether you say she is ugly or even pretty.

What you men don't even realise is that a woman being called a fine girl from a guy she is not attracted to doesn't make her feel good at all. We don't want to hear it from such guys

You state this as if you get to DECIDE what attention you get, from whom, when and where.

If the WizKids, Ramsey Noahs, Davidos and RMDs of this world approached you and called you "fine girl", will you be saying this nonsense? Or are they not strangers? Do you know them personally?

The sheer hypocrisy in your kind is why I'm of the opinion that men shouldn't even bother to approach and flirt with women in the first place.

Men invented dildos for women like you. Where do you think the expression, "go fvck yourself" comes from?

After forming like your vagina walls are gold plated to the men who approach you with compliments, you can go back home, pull out your goodie tool (or cucumber), and straff yourself till there's no more juice left in your tw@t.

MEN have better and more important sh!t to do.

2 Likes

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by mallamzaq(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2017
Keep in mind that this girl was well dressed, wore a pink gown with frilled short sleeves and a collar that hid her average sized boobs very well. Her bum was nothing to write home about later. It was her face that was more than averagely beautiful
hmmmm you !!!

1 Like

Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by jy2kbeyond(m): 12:47am On Sep 08, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't understand what's going on again.

I know I'll find you here. Lolz
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by lebete3000: 1:14am On Sep 08, 2017
funmisticqueen:
objectification of women taking place right here folks, it happens a lot online

Wee you Keep Kwayet!

As if una no like am.
Re: What Happened On My Way To Work This Morning by 1Sharon(f): 1:55am On Sep 08, 2017
Afhounja:

You state this as if you get to DECIDE what attention you get, from whom, when and where.

If the WizKids, Ramsey Noahs, Davidos and RMDs of this world approached you and called you "fine girl", will you be saying this nonsense? Or are they not strangers? Do you know them personally?

The sheer hypocrisy in your kind is why I'm of the opinion that men shouldn't even bother to approach and flirt with women in the first place.

Men invented dildos for women like you. Where do you think the expression, "go fvck yourself" comes from?

After forming like your vagina walls are gold plated to the men who approach you with compliments, you can go back home, pull out your goodie tool (or cucumber), and straff yourself till there's no more juice left in your tw@t.

MEN have better and more important sh!t to do.
You just jumped on my comment without even lookin at what I was responding to. If I am not attracted to the guy in any way I dont want to hear his compliment. It wont make me feel good, it will instead make me feel the opposite

You men act like you are doing women a favour and boosting their self esteem. I will not crumble if a man doesnt give me a compliment because I am secure in my looks as a female and dont need validation from others. So just save it, especially if I am not attracted to you.I dont need ur compliment. I know I look good

ALL THAT ATTENTION DOENT MEAN CRAP UNLESS I AM GETTING IT FROM THE GUY I WANT!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Forceful Sex & Beating" - Wife Tells Court / Nigerian Man Forced To Marry Dead Woman In Ebonyi - Despicable / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.