Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:37 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (720808 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:21pm On Feb 13, 2019
mykhelz958:

Hello, please who has an idea about the private medical insurance that is needed at the embassy because I think DBS doesnt give one. Please gurus how can I go about it? Do I need to have it arranged before applying for visa

If you have an offer from DBS, that means you got an offer through an agent. Speak to them

Medical insurance is Medicover cost 120 -130 euros
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:23pm On Feb 13, 2019
Likka016:
good evening everyone
my Ireland study visa was denied last two months based on inappropriate documentation and finance
Pleaseee I really need information on the appropriate documents to reapply with ( I defered my admission to September so I can reapply ,my program was meant to start by January
Also can I have a change of sponsor this time around and would it affect my visa approval

please I really need help and information
thanks

Maybe you should state your circumstances and documents you submitted then people can advise .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
Emmyvivy21:
Please house, I just got admission in IT Sligo to study bioprocessing science course in Ireland.mi want to know if this school is okay in terms of job opportunities as this is the only school that offer me admission letter. I have applied to mannoth and UCD but I wasn’t given admission because I have total band score of 6.0 in ielts. I have bsc in microbiology already and I graduated with a cgpa of 4.20. I would like to also know what to do in other to increase my chances of getting visa as I have been denied Canada study visa. Thanks

Please send an email to your school requesting for the email of the International officer , his name is Joseph and he's a Nigerian, he will be able to guide you appropriately.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:28pm On Feb 13, 2019
weiny:
How about LIT and IT Tralee?
How good are they both?
I have 3rd year entry for Bachelors in LIT while 4th year in IT Tralee?

Which one is better to accept in terms of Institutes? And otherwise?

Try and research each school yourself and see their course structure if it aligns with your strength and expectations for your career pursuits.

In addition, Tralee provides free accommodation to UG students , while Limerick may have more work opportunities .

Weigh out your options
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 3:30pm On Feb 13, 2019
GiggsTk:

@Icasng, please I still await a response from you.
Thanks

Lots of school does... LIT, Sligo ...etc depends on if you want an add on program or Higher diploma.

Attend the next career fair and discuss with the school reps.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by GrasstoGrace: 5:17pm On Feb 13, 2019
ICaSNg:

Lots of school does... LIT, Sligo ...etc depends on if you want an add on program or Higher diploma.

When is the next career fair coming up ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Maggiemoco: 5:26pm On Feb 13, 2019
Good day, I'm looking to pursue an MSC in a medical related course in the university of Limerick. I would like to know if there is a high possibility of getting a job there after school with a medical related course? And how is working and studying in Limerick ? What is the average pay for a per time job as a student there and the probability of getting a per time job. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lander237: 5:34pm On Feb 13, 2019
Maggiemoco:
Good day, I'm looking to pursue an MSC in a medical related course in the university of Limerick. I would like to know if there is a high possibility of getting a job there after school with a medical related course? And how is working and studying in Limerick ? What is the average pay for a per time job as a student there and the probability of getting a per time job. Thank you.

I don't know about the job prospects in the medical field (but it should be in demand). As for student job, the national minimum wage is €9.80 per hour for adults.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by GiggsTk(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2019
ICaSNg:

Thanks, will check out those schools
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Wolesantos: 8:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
GrasstoGrace:

When is the next career fair coming up ?

Search Education Ireland on Facebook. The information is there. It's next month. March but not sure about the date.

hope that helps!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:14pm On Feb 13, 2019
Maggiemoco:

I'm presently studying in University of Limerick (UL) and why would you want to restrict your after school job search to Limerick? You'll find a job in the medical or IT field quicker than most fields so your chances are good...but be open to spreading your net.

For you and others considering UL, I must tell you that it is a tough school. I've never had this much workload in my entire life and almost everyone I know in the school feels the same way. I did my first semester in National University of Ireland, Galway and it was quite intense but nothing compared to what i have had here so far. Interestingly, I'm loving the challenge, especially in modules I enjoy.

I'm really not actively looking for a job now as I think i'll go mental if i have to combine work and study at this rate. But you may be stronger and can handle it. To be honest, getting a job in Limerick isn't easy. I know a couple of international students actively searching and going for interviews but find it difficult landing something. Dublin has more opportunities but the downside is the higher rate of living. Everything boils down to determination though and I'm sure with constant pushing something will come up. The rate is €9.80 per hour.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:22pm On Feb 13, 2019
Silin:
Please, I want to study an environmental related course, can someone help me out with universities in Ireland that I can apply for M.sc. Thank you.

I'm doing an Environmental related Masters and you should know the field is broad. What area are you most interested in? What's your background? Like someone said, you could be an Engineer who needs to seek more sustainable ways of engineering. Then again, do you want the core sciences or are you like me who prefers the social sciences part of Environmental studies?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Deedyvn: 10:09pm On Feb 13, 2019
Hi everyone. Please there is a nice accommodation available in dublin 9. A shared room. Really nice place .please message me asap if intrested or know anyone intrested. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by mykhelz958: 12:20am On Feb 14, 2019
ICaSNg:

If you have an offer from DBS, that means you got an offer through an agent. Speak to them

Medical insurance is Medicover cost 120 -130 euros

Thanks alot
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by aduku1(m): 9:08am On Feb 14, 2019
I am originally a lawyer and i want to apply for a Masters degree in Taxation!!! Will this cast any problem in terms of visa application?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 14, 2019
Please I sent you a pm, kindly check it out. Thank you.

mizchidi:

I'm doing an Environmental related Masters and you should know the field is broad. What area are you most interested in? What's your background? Like someone said, you could be an Engineer who needs to seek more sustainable ways of engineering. Then again, do you want the core sciences or are you like me who prefers the social sciences part of Environmental studies?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ifechez: 11:56am On Feb 14, 2019
mizchidi:

Please, I want to do something both in social sciences and spatial analysis of environmental science in my MSc. My first degree in Environmental management.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:25pm On Feb 14, 2019
GOI-IES 2019/2020 Scholarships now open for applications

To apply , you must have an offer for September 2019 or Jan 2020 or June 2020 .
2 million euros worth of scholarships available : 10,000 euros towards Tuition fees for 60 International students in these categories:

Final year undergraduate
1 year taught masters degree
1st year of a research masters or PhD

Please, carry out personal research, google is a click away.

If you DM, I will charge !!!.

Cheers

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Hisgraceapparel(f): 1:31pm On Feb 14, 2019
Hello everyone!

I'm interested in studying in Ireland. Choice course is Social work at masters level. Can you guys point me to the right direction? What universities offer this course? What's the fees range?
Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:26pm On Feb 14, 2019
Silin:
Please I sent you a pm, kindly check it out. Thank you.

I'm sorry I can't reply. The last folks I responded to ended up weighing me down with silly questions like what the weather was and what people eat in Ireland. Ask your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them if need be.

No offence but a lot of you find it hard to carry out personal research. You're all coming for programmes that are research intensive, start the process. Everything you need is a Google away. Thankfully this people don't operate like our schools where u have to go in to make enquiries, so visit schools websites and look through the courses offered. A few weeks ago my mum told me to go into the international office to ask how someone can apply for a Masters from Nigeria for someone back in Nigeria. I simply responded by asking her who went to make that enquiry for me before i came.

You all should learn to research and only come back here to ask if you don't find answers online or if you're seeking information based on personal experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:43pm On Feb 14, 2019
ifechez:

Please, I want to do something both in social sciences and spatial analysis of environmental science in my MSc. My first degree in Environmental management.

I don't even know what spatial analysis is so you're in thr best position to find what you want and recognise it immediately. Just look up schools and courses offered. Ireland doesn't even have that much Higher Education Institutions, about 25-26. Now imagine if you had to search for a programme in the US. . .
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oniwoski: 5:35am On Feb 15, 2019
Hi Everyone,

Thanks for this beautiful thread.
Pls I need help here;
I would like to go for my Masters...i graduated 2005....i have one year work experience as a project Supervisor with payment proof and one year in oil and gas with proof....but I started my own biz after then so no proof to show I've been working...pls is it possible to secure admission cos in Canada you have to prove you have been working.

I am in my early 30's.

Secondly...my elder bro in UK will be my sponsor financially...will it be ok as I am Married...though my husband will support and he has an average good job.

I Have kids but don't intend to go with them. When am I likely to invite them.

Pls pardon the long post...i need help for answers pls
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 15, 2019
Thank you for your response, i want to study Environmental toxicity/sustainability, please kindly help me out with schools to apply where there's opportunities of getting a job in any province. And also what is required in the application. Thank you. Sorry my questions could be funny, I'm just a newbie. Gurus in the house should also throw more light on this please. Thank you.

mizchidi:

I'm sorry I can't reply. The last folks I responded to ended up weighing me down with silly questions like what the weather was and what people eat in Ireland. Ask your questions here and I'll do my best to answer them if need be.

No offence but a lot of you find it hard to carry out personal research. You're all coming for programmes that are research intensive, start the process. Everything you need is a Google away. Thankfully this people don't operate like our schools where u have to go in to make enquiries, so visit schools websites and look through the courses offered. A few weeks ago my mum told me to go into the international office to ask how someone can apply for a Masters from Nigeria for someone back in Nigeria. I simply responded by asking her who went to make that enquiry for me before i came.

You all should learn to research and only come back here to ask if you don't find answers online or if you're seeking information based on personal experience.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 10:53am On Feb 15, 2019
Silin:
Thank you for your response, i want to study Environmental toxicity/sustainability, please kindly help me out with schools to apply where there's opportunities of getting a job in any province. And also what is required in the application. Thank you. Sorry my questions could be funny, I'm just a newbie. Gurus in the house should also throw more light on this please. Thank you.

Why not take some time to read through this thread from the beginning. You'll find valuable information especially with regards to getting jobs after study and what is required in making an application. Please do as you'll learn from mistakes others have made in the past.

In finding a course: Google the course title + Ireland and see what comes up. I am doing a Masters in Sustainable Resource Management. It's a joint program by NUIG and UL but i think this year both schools will handle it independently. At NUIG the sustainability courses were more in line with the environment like ecology, environment & health, biodiversity, while at UL we're doing Engineering sustainability, transport and urban household sustainability.

Again what's your background? Read through the thread. You'll be better informed that way and I'm sure you'll be happy you did.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmitex(m): 1:06pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hisgraceapparel:
Hello everyone!

I'm interested in studying in Ireland. Choice course is Social work at masters level. Can you guys point me to the right direction? What universities offer this course? What's the fees range?
Thanks

you can go for a masters in social care management at LIT
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Emmitex(m): 1:30pm On Feb 15, 2019
Hisgraceapparel:
Hello everyone!

Thanks

The fees range for international students taught masters study in Ireland is between €9000 and €12,000 although some schools charges up to €15,000 too.

The tuition fee for a taught masters program at that LIT is €11,250/year

cheers

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.