Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,107 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (248) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (723379 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nalizzzy: 1:44pm On Aug 09, 2020
Good day please I would like to ask, do you lose the 1000 discount DBS offers if you defer your admission. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
Preye21:

Please can I do same for bank statement? I submitted a bank statement from December last year. Can I send an updated one?

Yes you can. Ensure you send them a mail as well!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 2:24pm On Aug 09, 2020
nalizzzy:
Good day please I would like to ask, do you lose the 1000 discount DBS offers if you defer your admission. Thank you

No it isn't lost!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 9:01pm On Aug 09, 2020
Dwebb55:

Yes you can. Ensure you send them a mail as well!

Wow, ok thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 1:42am On Aug 10, 2020
The approval list from the Ireland embassy is out for last week!

Check your reference number here https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/weeklydecisionreports/

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ritah53: 11:05am On Aug 10, 2020
Good morning family
Please any news on Biometric.Like has anyone done his or her biometric after 29 July 2020.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nalizzzy: 11:45am On Aug 10, 2020
Dwebb55:

No it isn't lost!
thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 2:08pm On Aug 10, 2020
Who knows the advantage of filling a multiple entry visa as compared to a single entry visa. What do you advise an international students should fill?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johnsonolumide: 2:33pm On Aug 10, 2020
Stephanie22:
Who knows the advantage of filling a multiple entry visa as compared to a single entry visa. What do you advise an international students should fill?

I think for student visa you need to fill in for single entry
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Preye21: 4:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
Ritah53:
Good morning family
Please any news on Biometric.Like has anyone done his or her biometric after 29 July 2020.
They called my friend to come for hers tomorrow
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 5:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Stephanie22:

You dont need multiple entry since you are going for student visa, it is only required for those going for tourist visa.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Olovictor: 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good evening sir/ma
Please don't see this question as a foolish one.Is it possible to do the Biometric Manually...?
Like someone collected your, passport, signature and your finger print inside paper for Biometric.
Is that possible. Please I need answer
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 5:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
Theblink123:

You dont need multiple entry since you are going for student visa, it is only required for those going for tourist visa.

Sorry i made a mistake you only need multiple entry if you plan on gong to multiple places during the time which your visa is valid
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 5:48pm On Aug 10, 2020
Theblink123:

Sorry i made a mistake you only need multiple entry if you plan on gong to multiple places during the time which your visa is valid

Actually thats the idea but for student visa its not acceptable. single entry only.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Kingofrev: 6:22pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hello, please I need help. So I applied for the study visa in the VFS office Lagos on the 29th of July but forgot to add my statement of purpose and birth certificate, please is there anyway to rectify this? Thank you!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
I am having a problem. I finished my online application and was told that an error has occurred that i should try again. please, what does that mean? I made a mistake with filling in multiply entry. could it be the reason. Can i start the application over again?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lasisig5(m): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2020
Good evening everyone, I’m new here, I have tried Canada twice but was refused so I thought of switching to Ireland but I have some questions bothering my mind as I would need everyone help to contribute.

Firstly, is it easy to get PERMANENT RESIDENCE in Ireland after study, if yes please explain.

Secondly, I have a degree in Microbiology in Microbiology and I’m thinking of going further to study Master in biotechnology or agriculture or can anyone recommend a good university or suggest another course that can earn me good money In Ireland.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
Stephanie22:

You are required to fill a single entry visa for your study permit. It is clearly stated before you begin your application
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 7:59pm On Aug 10, 2020
Stephanie22:
I am having a problem. I finished my online application and was told that an error has occurred that i should try again. please, what does that mean? I made a mistake with the multiply entry. could it be the reason. Can i start the application over again?

Your best bet is to start again since you are yet to submit.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:03pm On Aug 10, 2020
lasisig5:
Good evening everyone, I’m new here, I have tried Canada twice but was refused so I thought of switching to Ireland but I have some questions bothering my mind as I would need everyone help to contribute.

Firstly, is it easy to get PERMANENT RESIDENCE in Ireland after study, if yes please explain.

Secondly, I have a degree in Microbiology in Microbiology and I’m thinking of going further to study Master in biotechnology or agriculture or can anyone recommend a good university or suggest another course that can earn me good money In Ireland.

Getting a PR after your studies depends on how well you fo in your MSc and if your course of study is on the critical skills list of Ireland. Read this thread from page 0 to be acquainted with all you'll need to make a correct assessment.

You can do a Google search putting MSc in biotechnology in Ireland and a list of options will come up with the schools and cost estimate!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimdolyin(m): 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
Olovictor:
Good evening sir/ma
Please don't see this question as a foolish one.Is it possible to do the Biometric Manually...?
Like someone collected your, passport, signature and your finger print inside paper for Biometric.
Is that possible. Please I need answer

Not possible.....they will take a picture of your full head with this big camera that have flash light at VFS. Dont let any one scam u in lagos oooooo.....na hustle for another person

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 8:05pm On Aug 10, 2020
Dwebb55:

Your best bet is to start again since you are yet to submit.
Do you mean yet to submit my supporting documents at VFS or yet to submit the online application?

I had already submitted the online application and was already given a Transaction number.

Can i still start the application again? Will i be given another transaction number?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by lasisig5(m): 8:10pm On Aug 10, 2020
Thanks so much for your contribution, please can you give me a website where I can check the course on the skill list.
Dwebb55:

Getting a PR after your studies depends on how well you fo in your MSc and if your course of study is on the critical skills list of Ireland. Read this thread from page 0 to be acquainted with all you'll need to make a correct assessment.

You can do a Google search putting MSc in biotechnology in Ireland and a list of options will come up with the schools and cost estimate!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Alday: 8:16pm On Aug 10, 2020
Government of Ireland
Critical Skills Occupations List https://dbei.gov.ie/en/What-We-Do/Workplace-and-Skills/Employment-Permits/Employment-Permit-Eligibility/Highly-Skilled-Eligible-Occupations-List/

Ps: Let not your Canadian refusals dampen your hopes (I had one before my Irish application). Make sure your documentation is essentially complete and convincing. Never forget to include those refusal letters.

Ask your non-private questions here. Someone else might just need same reply same time or sometime later.

Someone else might even have the correct and wholesome reply beside the user you sent the pm.
lasisig5:
Thanks so much for your contribution, please can you give me a website where I can check the course on the skill list.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Alday: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2020
"If you realise after submitting your form that some information you gave is incorrect, you should include written details of this when submitting your application and supporting documents."
https://www.visas.inis.gov.ie/avats/OnlineFAQ.aspx

I think this means you have to include the error and the replacement as a section in your statement of purpose or visa application letter which will now be one of your support documents (clearly stating your new choice of a 'single entry visa').

This is an alternative route to filling in a new avats form all over again (Yes, a new application means a new transaction number as long as you have submitted the former application online).

YOUR CHOICE!

Stephanie22:
Do you mean yet to submit my supporting documents at VFS or yet to submit the online application?

I had already submitted the online application and was already given a Transaction number.

Can i still start the application again? Will i be given another transaction number?

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2020
Stephanie22:

You can generate a new transaction number as long as you haven't submitted at VFS. Whatever needs to be changed is allowed until you submit. So start a new application with the required documentation
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 9:35pm On Aug 10, 2020
Dwebb55:

You can generate a new transaction number as long as you haven't submitted at VFS. Whatever needs to be changed is allowed until you submit. So start a new application with the required documentation
I will start the application all over again. Thank you so much.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abelorode: 10:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Hello people, i’m in need of assistance on how to send supporting documents to the embassy after submission. It urgent please. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ritah53: 11:55pm On Aug 10, 2020
Preye21:

They called my friend to come for hers tomorrow
@ preye Good evening.
Please do you have an idea when she submitted her documents at VFS.
Was it before 29 July 2020 or after.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by tourphland(m): 2:31am On Aug 11, 2020
B Help

Please does anyone have an idea for schools that take students in for January resumption or spring semester
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by slimdolyin(m): 2:57am On Aug 11, 2020
abelorode:
Hello people, i’m in need of assistance on how to send supporting documents to the embassy after submission. It urgent please. Thanks

I think you should attach the documents you didn't submit and mail it to the embassy through secured mail like UPS and include your visa application number and vfs reference number with it.....after the mail as been delivered attach the tracking number, visa application and vfs reference with a scanned copy of those documents to the embassy......after all this you should start calling them

(1) (2) (3) ... (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.