Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,313 members, 7,811,928 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:55 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (250) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (720520 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Unclenene: 10:57am On Aug 13, 2020
senitop:
Hello folks
I submitted my application at VFS Lagos today and I think there are pieces information y’all need to have:

-2 COLORED photocopies of all your documents (Bank Statement included qnd 32 pages of all international passports)
Trust me I paid hugely for this negligence by vfs website.

This means your documents must be in 3 sets i.e Original of all and two different sets. You should make extra copy of your bio data page cos you'll definitely need it.

Take extra cash... It's important

Asides the 27k paid online to book you'll only pay 28950 at vfs.

- Bring ATM card no cash allowed for payment (maybe cos of the way covid spreads) to pay the 28k.
- Come early, that time on your appointment is scam. The earlier you go, the better.

I sense there will crowd in coming weeks cos the capturing machine used by the Ireland desk is faulty and this makes each person to spend close to 30 minutes getting captured.

Shalom.

Bros have you gotten feedback as per your submission yet?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by senitop(m): 11:45am On Aug 13, 2020
Not yet.

Its been 5 weeks.

I am very worried at this point.

Some people that submitted with me have received their response.

Unclenene:

Bros have you gotten feedback as per your submission yet?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by olasun4u(m): 4:00pm On Aug 13, 2020
Greetings all,
Please can I travel for schooling with a dependent?
Will I and my spouse be give visa if am going for studies?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 4:49pm On Aug 13, 2020
Hello guys, i have asked this question before but nobody answered me, probably because i wassnt on pont.
After my secondary school i wanted to study abroad but due to my age, my Dad felt i was too young to adapt to a foreign system, i was advised to wait till i was 18 so in the mean time i got admitted to a uni in Nigeria to keep myself Academically fit till am 18.
So now i have been in uni since september last year and now i am 18.
My question is, will indicating that i am already undergoing a bachelors degree in Nigeria be a red flag or will the explanation i gave above be enough to convince the vo.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 5:06pm On Aug 13, 2020
Maybe you should track it on UPS website, but I believe you should get it on or before Monday.
senitop:
Not yet.

Its been 5 weeks.

I am very worried at this point.

Some people that submitted with me have received their response.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 5:28pm On Aug 13, 2020
Princeadex04:
Maybe you should track it on UPS website, but I believe you should get it on or before Monday.

What exactly is he tracking on UPS website?

There has not been any decision yet. Besides the time that has lapsed since submission is within the range of 8 weeks advised on INIS website. He should keep on following weekly decision reports on Mondays for Abuja and Tuesdays for Dublin, to know when he has a decision.

And if he gets a positive or approved visa decision, UPS tracking won't return any results until international flight resumes. Only then can Irish embassy release approved visas

Thank u

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 5:51pm On Aug 13, 2020
Did you read the part where he mentioned that those they submitted at the same time had gotten a response on their application?
ExpressBooking:

What exactly is he tracking on UPS website?

There has not been any decision yet. Besides the time that has lapsed since submission is within the range of 8 weeks advised on INIS website. He should keep on following weekly decision reports on Mondays for Abuja and Tuesdays for Dublin, to know when he has a decision.

And if he gets a positive or approved visa decision, UPS tracking won't return any results until international flight resumes. Only then can Irish embassy release approved visas

Thank u
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by obenjamin: 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2020
First mistake was that you were not allowed to go at 16 because if you can adapt to the Nigerian system you can adapt to any foreign system. Having said that, now that you have started higher education I Nigeria. This is the question you have must be prepared for. Why are you not completing your first degree in Nigeria. You can only escape this by not stating that you have started university education at all...Just start afresh or better still complete your first degree in Nigeria and go for masters abroad...my piece

Theblink123:
Hello guys, i have asked this question before but nobody answered me, probably because i wassnt on pont.
After my secondary school i wanted to study abroad but due to my age, my Dad felt i was too young to adapt to a foreign system, i was advised to wait till i was 18 so in the mean time i got admitted to a uni in Nigeria to keep myself Academically fit till am 18.
My question is, will indicating that i am already undergoing a bachelors degree in Nigeria be a red flag or will the explanation i gave above be enough to convince the vo.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2020
olasun4u:
Greetings all,
Please can I travel for schooling with a dependent?
Will I and my spouse be give visa if am going for studies?

Ireland doesn't give dependants visa based on study Visa acceptance. Your dependants will have to apply independently without recourse to you. They can join you only after you have gotten an work permit or if they are able to surpass the visa requirements for another visa category

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2020
Theblink123:

I doubt if it will be a red flag. However, you might have to begin anew or you contact your intended schools and do a transfer if you meet their requirements.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2020
Dwebb55:

I doubt if it will be a red flag. However, you might have to begin anew or you contact your intended schools and do a transfer if you meet their requirements.

Thank you so much sir, you just upgraded my confidence.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 7:44pm On Aug 13, 2020
obenjamin:
First mistake was that you were not allowed to go at 16 because if you can adapt to the Nigerian system you can adapt to any foreign system. Having said that, now that you have started higher education I Nigeria. This is the question you have must be prepared for. Why are you not completing your first degree in Nigeria. You can only escape this by not stating that you have started university education at all...Just start afresh or better still complete your first degree in Nigeria and go for masters abroad...my piece

Thank you so much i will look into it and try to amend the lapses in my explanation.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 10:38pm On Aug 13, 2020
Princeadex04:
Did you read the part where he mentioned that those they submitted at the same time had gotten a response on their application?

Each application is unique in its own case and will be considered individually on its merits. No two visa applications are the same as there are extenuating circumstances which you may not be privy to. So that they submitted the same day doesn't mean they will be treated at the same time and decision granted at the same time.

I have seen some people who has visa application that was with the embassy for more than the stipulated time line on their websites.

Anyways he can choose to track it on UPS or whichever website, wetin concern me. Like I said until a decision is made on his application UPS tracking will return nothing

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 4:53am On Aug 14, 2020
My opinion is that, you can really mention that you're already studying an XYZ course in a Nigerian University but that your current XYZ course of study is not inline with your career goals bla bla bla...or that you want to change career to meet up with future demand esp if it relates with IT... I think something of this nature should go.
Theblink123:

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Stephanie22: 5:32am On Aug 14, 2020
Good morning, are Laminated Original documents accepted at vfs?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by senitop(m): 9:11am On Aug 14, 2020
You are right.

In basic terms, I can't track it on UPS until a decision has been made and published on the embassy website.

I just hope for a positive response.

ExpressBooking:

Each application is unique in its own case and will be considered individually on its merits. No two visa applications are the same as there are extenuating circumstances which you may not be privy to. So that they submitted the same day doesn't mean they will be treated at the same time and decision granted at the same time.

I have seen some people who has visa application that was with the embassy for more than the stipulated time line on their websites.

Anyways he can choose to track it on UPS or whichever website, wetin concern me. Like I said until a decision is made on his application UPS tracking will return nothing
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ritah53: 9:57am On Aug 14, 2020
senitop:
You are right.

In basic terms, I can't track it on UPS until a decision has been made and published on the embassy website.

I just hope for a positive response.

Just be hopeful.
If international flight are not working how do you think the documents will be sent to Ireland in the first place?
Just keep praying
The delay might be due to some verification.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 10:19am On Aug 14, 2020
Yes
Stephanie22:
Good morning, are Laminated Original documents accepted at vfs?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by obenjamin: 11:25am On Aug 14, 2020
Pls let me ask if submitted original documents must be legalized?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 3:50pm On Aug 14, 2020
IMustWin:
My opinion is that, you can really mention that you're already studying an XYZ course in a Nigerian University but that your current XYZ course of study is not inline with your career goals bla bla bla...or that you want to change career to meet up with future demand esp if it relates with IT... I think something of this nature should go.

Come to think of it that might actually work because the course am studying in Nigeria is different from the one i am admitted to for ireland.
I am also considering mentioning how the AASU strike has put my academics to a halt and even during this pandemic my school hassnt conducted any form of online teaching, so the future of my Academics is idefinite .And i also want to mention that people with international degrees have better job prospects in Nigeria.

Please guys which one should i go for
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2020
Theblink123:

Come to think of it that might actually work because the course am studying in Nigeria is different from the one i am admitted to for ireland.
I am also considering mentioning how the AASU strike has put my academics to a halt and even during this pandemic my school hassnt conducted any form of online teaching, so the future of my Academics is idefinite .And i also want to mention that people with international degrees have better job prospects in Nigeria.

They are all good and valid points!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Theblink123: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2020
Dwebb55:

They are all good and valid points!
Thank you sir
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 15, 2020
Use all
Theblink123:

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by BabajhideySammy: 10:08pm On Aug 16, 2020
Good evening all,

Please I need advice. I want to go ahead and pay for my edubond but I want to pay from an account that was opened in July this year because my sponsor knows someone that works in the bank and would help out in doing everything without having to go to bank so when he pays we go ahead and print the 3months statement along side her GT statement, the 6months statement for the GT can be gotten via phone call without having to visit the bank. Is it possible to go ahead with the 3months statement and the six months GT statement or I just transfer the money to GT and face the stress of paying from GT?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 10:13am On Aug 17, 2020
BabajhideySammy:
Good evening all,

Please I need advice. I want to go ahead and pay for my edubond but I want to pay from an account that was opened in July this year because my sponsor knows someone that works in the bank and would help out in doing everything without having to go to bank so when he pays we go ahead and print the 3months statement along side her GT statement, the 6months statement for the GT can be gotten via phone call without having to visit the bank. Is it possible to go ahead with the 3months statement and the six months GT statement or I just transfer the money to GT and face the stress of paying from GT?

You have to open a domicilary account to pay the edubond. You can't use Form A to do so as it is not a fee from your school! And when you are submitting, try and show the account where the money for the bond was debited and also print the dom account that the transfer was made from
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 10:29am On Aug 17, 2020
Dwebb55:
That is not true, I paid for my Edubond using FORM A at ECOBANK, Iwo road branch in IBADAN. about 3 weeks ago.

You have to open a domicilary account to pay the edubond. You can't use Form A to do so as it is not a fee from your school! And when you are submitting, try and show the account where the money for the bond was debited and also print the dom account that the transfer was made from
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 10:31am On Aug 17, 2020
Dwebb55:

That's not true, I paid for my EDU BOND using FORM A at ECOBANK, IWO ROAD BRANCH IN IBADAN, 3 weeks ago.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by DammyDurst(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2020
I was wondering too.. From your sponsor's account yeah?
Princeadex04:
That's not true, I paid for my EDU BOND using FORM A at ECOBANK, IWO ROAD BRANCH IN IBADAN, 3 weeks ago.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 11:05am On Aug 17, 2020
Princeadex04:

Form A is an invisible transaction and is not a fee for the school. The staff at the branch might not be able to distinguish as they might not be used to doing it. Most of the banks will not do it as there is no receipt issued for you to use to pay unlike that issued for your school fees. You can go ahead and try but I doubt if it will be successful!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Alday: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
My UPS tracking number has been active since Friday. Seems we'd get back our documents this week.

Dwebb55:

Hi Alday! Let me know when your passport arrives! I will reciprocate as well.

Have a great weekend ahead
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 12:05pm On Aug 17, 2020
Dwebb55:

Form A is an invisible transaction and is not a fee for the school. The staff at the branch might not be able to distinguish as they might not be used to doing it. Most of the banks will not do it as there is no receipt issued for you to use to pay unlike that issued for your school fees. You can go ahead and try but I doubt if it will be successful!
I received my Bank Telex receipt a day after the Bond payment at Ecobank, which I sent to transfermate after which my bond receipt was sent to me. Many people on this forum had used FORM A for EDU BOND PAYMENT. If a bank refused to pay another one would pay. Cheers.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2020
Edubond is a third party payment. You can't use form A irrespective of the bank. Its a CBN directive. The payment is usually initiated at your local branch but would be approved after series of verification at the head office. I hope you know what you did though.
Princeadex04:

(1) (2) (3) ... (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.