Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (308) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (726430 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 4:17pm On Jun 23, 2021
Well, I was only typing about how we see colleges or universities in Nigeria and that of Europe to someone here.
That public universities are more expensive than Private universities for foreigners before our lord Mrs thread creator jumped into here like Shark grin
cao:

I guess this one is different from my usual odd mentions...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 5:28pm On Jun 23, 2021
Mmaobey:
Thank you
I applied on 27th May. Received notification of approval on 21st June

This was fast and beautiful.
What notification did you receive and how?

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mmaobey: 10:19am On Jun 24, 2021
Philadelphia:

This was fast and beautiful.
What notification did you receive and how?

I received Notification via email that my visa has been approved I also do check the embassy website for new applications released.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mmaobey: 10:22am On Jun 24, 2021
Please ooo anyone that can help me. How do I get accomodation in limerick.....please help a reverend sister. ��who has the number of that girl that use to do video up and down that is in limerick...what's her name again?......gabby abi dabby?. Please I need her number
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 10:43am On Jun 24, 2021
Mmaobey:

I received Notification via email that my visa has been approved I also do check the embassy website for new applications released.

Wow! I can understand the excitement.
Even your application was for 25 days.

Congrats again.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarto(m): 6:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
ICaSNg:

kindly make an hotel reservation for 14days (you don't need to pay ahead though) and make sure such has free cancellation.

Thanks, do you know any cheap hotel to suggest to me? What do you think about the maynooth University? I haven't seen anyone talked about it here.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarto(m): 6:15pm On Jun 24, 2021
seunny4lif:
Due to COVID matter
Since you get accommodations for school then no problem for the Visa matter but why do you want to rent in D07 when you can get accommodations in Maynooth.
Get accommodations around is Maynooth is better because you don’t have to pay for buses as your house will be within walking distance from the uni

I feel D7 has more part time job opportunities for students than maynooth, and since it's a msc program I won't be going to school everyday.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 6:19pm On Jun 24, 2021
Sarto:

Thanks, do you know any cheap hotel to suggest to me? What do you think about the maynooth University? I haven't seen anyone talked about it here.

Use booking.com for the hotel reservation. As i mentioned you do not have to pay so search for ones with free cancellation and no pre-payment plans.

As for Maynooth, I've not had anyone who attend the school; but seems like a fairly good school- try search on LinkedIn for Nigerian graduates from the school to get comprehensive feedback

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nobrico: 6:58pm On Jun 24, 2021
ICaSNg:

Use booking.com for the hotel reservation. As i mentioned you do not have to pay so search for ones with free cancellation and no pre-payment plans.

As for Maynooth, I've not had anyone who attend the school; but seems like a fairly good school- try search on LinkedIn for Nigerian graduates from the school to get comprehensive feedback

Hello, i stumbled on a news that states that healthcare assistant and other care jobs has been added to occupation shortage list. Can you throw insights as to how to apply for jobs from Nigeria?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 7:10pm On Jun 24, 2021
nobrico:

Hello, i stumbled on a news that states that healthcare assistant and other care jobs has been added to occupation shortage list. Can you throw insights as to how to apply for jobs from Nigeria?

Yes ; still reading up on it . I must confess though, to qualify for that outside Ireland you will need to be exceptional than people currently within the system or in the country. This new addition will be of more advantage to residents in Ireland or the UK rather than from overseas (However, it may be difficult but definitely not impossible)

Will post an update if I find anything useful or beneficial to oversea potentials
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
seunny4lif:
Cheapest is €10K

Waterford Institute of Technology is €8,500 if you get the scholarship rebate when you apply early. It will be late to apply for that so it's like 10,500 now. The courses you are aiming for matter though as not every school offers all the courses
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2021
seunny4lif:
Says who
Please try to submit your certificate as a BSc holder that just graduated from a private university in Ireland and as an Irish citizen to HR and see what happens cool grin
Only those that study IT courses get the chance everywhere

Not true. Your grades and mind set are the main factors which will govern your approach to searching for a job after graduation.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:18pm On Jun 24, 2021
seunny4lif:
Jesu Christ.
You created this thread which is good but madam you are too ignorant Abeg.
Abeg try to read something before jump on the topic.
I said EU citizens who attended private schools for undergraduate courses abi your eye no see that one for there.
So, EU citizens came to you to help them for admissions in Ireland? When they can just apply online thru CAO abi you think say na Jamb cheesy cheesy
Wow, cheesy
Instead of you displaying Mrs I-know-it-all, I changed the messages to bond letters cheesy, so you don’t need glasses cool

Seun calm down! There is no need for this. Icas simply corrected the impression you gave about getting jobs with regards to whether the school is a private or public school and I tend to agree with her. The approach to looking for jobs is what truly matters in my opinion and not the school. All those that did my course last year seem to have been employed and we are in Waterford which is a lot smaller than Dublin.

There's no need to throw shade, every man go dey alright

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:22pm On Jun 24, 2021
Mmaobey:
Please ooo anyone that can help me. How do I get accomodation in limerick.....please help a reverend sister. ��who has the number of that girl that use to do video up and down that is in limerick...what's her name again?......gabby abi dabby?. Please I need her number

Is she still there? Seems she has a gotten a job now and might have moved. I am not sure where her place of employment is but you can catch up with her on YouTube
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 9:08pm On Jun 24, 2021
I no dey fight her ooo grin
Did you check my first message to the person.
I said universities in Europe are diff from that of Nigeria before she came in.
We view Private Uni diff from Public uni here as an EU citizen.
To a foreigner no problem but to an European it’s totally diff.
For an European to go to private university for undergraduate after finishing high is very thin becos for them, a private university is a NO.
Private in Europe means you brought your certificate from Russia down to Spain.
Going to private secondary school self na wahala talk less of the university
Even if you have low CAO marks, you can do Level 5 and Level 6 before going to your beloved university or college else your parent will makes you spend one year as student during a level 5 certificate or you have to wait till 23 years to enter as a mature student than for you to go to private university.
Ask your Irish coworkers cool
Waterford and most colleges have was we called add on.
Waterford is not a private school and I thought Waterford and some other 2 colleges have be upgraded to a University like TUD( DIT)
Coming to Waterford for summer hopefully because that place have better weather than Dublin.
If you go to private in Europe for undergraduate then to them you are a loser. No HR will take you seriously
Dwebb55:

Seun calm down! There is no need for this. Icas simply corrected the impression you gave about getting jobs with regards to whether the school is a private or public school and I tend to agree with her. The approach to looking for jobs is what truly matters in my opinion and not the school. All those that did my course last year seem to have been employed and we are in Waterford which is a lot smaller than Dublin.

There's no need to throw shade, every man go dey alright
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 9:09pm On Jun 24, 2021
Are you Irish? Or
EU citizen? Or
Do you have Irish permanently resident?
If not then it does apply to you.
Ask your coworkers cool
Dwebb55:

Not true. Your grades and mind set are the main factors which will govern your approach to searching for a job after graduation.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 9:17pm On Jun 24, 2021
Well that’s true but the COVID of a thing affected a lots of businesses.
Get summer Job na war now as no Tourists, no night club and pubs only open to serve customers outside.
No Tourists no money cheesy
Well check Facebook sha for accommodations.
You can also look at D01, D03, D09.
Are you looking for shared apartment or shared room?
Sarto:

I feel D7 has more part time job opportunities for students than maynooth, and since it's a msc program I won't be going to school everyday.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jolowizzy11(m): 4:00am On Jun 26, 2021
How long does visa appeal takes for it to be reversed ?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dellons: 6:32pm On Jun 27, 2021
Please, do one require to go for medicals or get an insurance before travelling?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pidaa: 6:41pm On Jun 27, 2021
seunny4lif:
I no dey fight her ooo grin
Did you check my first message to the person.
I said universities in Europe are diff from that of Nigeria before she came in.
We view Private Uni diff from Public uni here as an EU citizen.
To a foreigner no problem but to an European it’s totally diff.
For an European to go to private university for undergraduate after finishing high is very thin becos for them, a private university is a NO.
Private in Europe means you brought your certificate from Russia down to Spain.
Going to private secondary school self na wahala talk less of the university
Even if you have low CAO marks, you can do Level 5 and Level 6 before going to your beloved university or college else your parent will makes you spend one year as student during a level 5 certificate or you have to wait till 23 years to enter as a mature student than for you to go to private university.
Ask your Irish coworkers cool
Waterford and most colleges have was we called add on.
Waterford is not a private school and I thought Waterford and some other 2 colleges have be upgraded to a University like TUD( DIT)
Coming to Waterford for summer hopefully because that place have better weather than Dublin.
If you go to private in Europe for undergraduate then to them you are a loser. No HR will take you seriously
Griffith is a private university but still remains one of the best sch in Ireland

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jewe: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2021
Good News: My visa got approved on Thursday 24th of this Month

5 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by nalizzzy: 11:17am On Jun 28, 2021
Jewe:
congrats when did you submit
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by dellons: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jewe:

Congrats.
How long did it take??
Please help list the documents you submitted. It will go a long way for many people.
Did you do anything like medical insurance?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 1:29pm On Jun 28, 2021
Jewe:

Congrats
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by SadiqAAbba: 2:31pm On Jun 28, 2021
Since you now have gotten Visa, did you pay for accommodation before getting the visa?

Jewe:
Do I have to pay for accommodation before applying for Visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Jewe: 7:01pm On Jun 28, 2021
Yeah I did through by school but you can use www.booking.com to book on hold without paying. I should have done that but had little options then

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Attaj: 11:27am On Jun 29, 2021
Jewe:
Yeah I did through by school but you can use www.booking.com to book on hold without paying. I should have done that but had little options then
How many weeks did you book your accommodation for? And i am going to Cork.do i have to reserve an accommodation in cork or Dublin?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Attaj: 11:35am On Jun 29, 2021
Jewe:
Hello.Please How many weeks should i book my accommodation for? And i am going to Cork.do i have to reserve an accommodation in cork or Dublin?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Godkiaz: 5:02pm On Jun 30, 2021
Dears,

Please I would like to know if anyone has successfully paid for Edubond using a Nigerian bank savings account.

Please can you guide a brother on best route to remit from Nigeria.

Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bspyce(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2021
Godkiaz:
Dears,

Please I would like to know if anyone has successfully paid for Edubond using a Nigerian bank savings account.

Thank you.

I am also interested in this.

Is there any other means of paying for this bond aside using a domicilary account?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Princeadex04: 8:31am On Jul 01, 2021
I made the Edubond payment through FORM A last year June at ECOBANK, Iwo Road, Ibadan. I also know about 3 other guys that did the same through different banks, some banks may agree to make the payment while some will refuse. Try and contact your bank(s) and see what the response would be. If you stay in Ibadan and you have an account with Ecobank, I'll connect you with someone at Ecobank. Cheers.

Thank you. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Mztonya: 10:54am On Jul 01, 2021
Does the embassy require a form to clarify where you will be for quarantine when you arrive Dublin? If yes what options are available please

(1) (2) (3) ... (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.