Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (311) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (721777 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:52pm On Jul 09, 2021
Which part of Ireland are you going to study?
If it’s Dublin then you don’t need a car
During driver license for Ireland na WW10
Philadelphia:

Bros, owning a car doesn’t not mean that one isn’t focused on studying. Have you seen anyone who got a visa just to go drive in another man’s country?

The essence of owning a car is for easy mobility to meet with various appointments on time. Hence, the thoughts of an affordable mobility option.

While your opinion is appreciated, owning a car doesn’t translate to losing focus on academics/ studies.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2021
seunny4lif:
Which part of Ireland are you going to study?
If it’s Dublin then you don’t need a car
During driver license for Ireland na WW10

Thanks bro.
O appreciate your response.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ananne: 1:48pm On Jul 10, 2021
Thanks to all the people providing information on this thread. God bless you all.

i am 37 years old, married with a kid. i have an HND in science labotary technology majoring in microbiology(upper credit 3.31GP out of 4.0) plus a PGD in criminology and security studies(4.2GP out of 5.0) from NOUN.

i have almost six years experience working as a surveillance officer in a the cement industry. its a security related job.

can i gain admission with this qualification to do an MA in criminology?

is there any security related course i can do?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Rock247(m): 2:28pm On Jul 10, 2021
Rock247:

Please when travelling to Ireland do they also request a tubaculosis/ yellow fever test?

Please oo can someone help with answering this..
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Gracely7th(f): 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2021
Congratulations to everyone applying for Visa and others already with approval.

We are still giving stylish
HAIRCUT in Dublin at affordable rates.

See you soon.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 4:10am On Jul 11, 2021
Philadelphia:

Bros, owning a car doesn’t not mean that one isn’t focused on studying. Have you seen anyone who got a visa just to go drive in another man’s country?

The essence of owning a car is for easy mobility to meet with various appointments on time. Hence, the thoughts of an affordable mobility option.

While your opinion is appreciated, owning a car doesn’t translate to losing focus on academics/ studies.

Seems strange that out of all what was stated you only picked on the focus on the study bit. What you may not know apart from all that was said earlier is that for you to drive here, you have to pass the driving lessons which will be taken after you pass the theory lessons. Then, you can only drive for 6 months with a fully certified driver by your side. And Ireland are known for not accepting the international diving license which other countries accept.

When you add all these with the long waiting times to book a theory test, high insurance fees and monthly premiums, it makes the driving seem like a lot of hassle for a student. Anyways, I blame myself for responding as the clarification does not seem to be appreciated!

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 4:12am On Jul 11, 2021
Rock247:

Please oo can someone help with answering this..

Yellow fever, no! I think same for tuberculosis
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 9:14am On Jul 11, 2021
Dwebb55:

Seems strange that out of all what was stated you only picked on the focus on the study bit. What you may not know apart from all that was said earlier is that for you to drive here, you have to pass the driving lessons which will be taken after you pass the theory lessons. Then, you can only drive for 6 months with a fully certified driver by your side. And Ireland are known for not accepting the international diving license which other countries accept.

When you add all these with the long waiting times to book a theory test, high insurance fees and monthly premiums, it makes the driving seem like a lot of hassle for a student. Anyways, I blame myself for responding as the clarification does not seem to be appreciated!

The question I asked was on owning a vehicle as a student. I didn’t ask how it will affect one’s academics. This is a faceless platform and you don’t even know what program the student in question is going for to determine the age of the student that you’re advising to focus on studies.

If you had added the other parts from this comment to the previous one, it’ll have been a much better response.

Besides, Othniels and Seunny4life gave detailed information without mentioning academics as the question wasn’t academic related.

While you blame yourself for responding because you think the clarification wasn’t appreciated, I want you to go back to the response I gave to your clarification and focus on the last part where I showed appreciation for your response.

Don’t make me ask you why you picked the other parts of my response and deliberately leave out the appreciation part.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Lunette(f): 2:55pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hello guys,

Please, who else is going to DCU this fall. I am and preparing to apply for visa very soon.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Allzcollectionz: 6:09pm On Jul 11, 2021
Hello guys, please who is yet to apply for visa?
I need some guidance please. Just a few, please time is going and I need to apply for visa ASAP.
Please someone help
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Rock247(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2021
Dwebb55:

Yellow fever, no! I think same for tuberculosis

Thank you for replying!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 8:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Philadelphia:

The question I asked was on owning a vehicle as a student. I didn’t ask how it will affect one’s academics. This is a faceless platform and you don’t even know what program the student in question is going for to determine the age of the student that you’re advising to focus on studies.

If you had added the other parts from this comment to the previous one, it’ll have been a much better response.

Besides, Othniels and Seunny4life gave detailed information without mentioning academics as the question wasn’t academic related.

While you blame yourself for responding because you think the clarification wasn’t appreciated, I want you to go back to the response I gave to your clarification and focus on the last part where I showed appreciation for your response.

Don’t make me ask you why you picked the other parts of my response and deliberately leave out the appreciation part.

The appreciation with refrain is a hollow one. Just like your second response. Neither do you know the age of the person responding. You asked a question, I gave an opinion that answered the question based on my experience here. You can make of the opinion what you will. As you said it is a faceless forum and those that answer do not do it out of anger or favour.

Even you stated in your response that you asked about how it is like to own a car as a STUDENT. So, you judge your response as well. Anyways, IIWII!

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 9:29pm On Jul 11, 2021
Dwebb55:

The appreciation with refrain is a hollow one. Just like your second response. Neither do you know the age of the person responding. You asked a question, I gave an opinion that answered the question based on my experience here. You can make of the opinion what you will. As you said it is a faceless forum and those that answer do not do it out of anger or favour.

Even you stated in your response that you asked about how it is like to own a car as a STUDENT. So, you judge your response as well. Anyways, IIWII!

Your response to the question was a hollow one as well.
Whatever you choose to make of the appreciation is entirely your business.

Asking the specific question on what it was like to own a car as a student did not call for you to counsel on studies. It’s like asking how it was to own a car on a student visa. If it was asking about working multiple jobs as a student, then your opinion on facing studies may have held water.

You’re not paying the fees nor sponsoring the studies. Focus on the question and don’t beat around the bush.

By the way, IITWII.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ICaSNg(f): 10:01pm On Jul 11, 2021
Philadelphia:

Your response to the question was a hollow one as well.
Whatever you choose to make of the appreciation is entirely your business.

Asking the specific question on what it was like to own a car as a student did not call for you to counsel on studies. It’s like asking how it was to own a car on a student visa. If it was asking about working multiple jobs as a student, then your opinion on facing studies may have held water.

You’re not paying the fees nor sponsoring the studies. Focus on the question and don’t beat around the bush.

By the way, IITWII.

Please calm down. Either you're in your 20's or 60's - him stating that you should focus on studies rather than the unnecessary stress of owning a car in Ireland especially as a student just reinforces that some things are just to stressful to get through on a STUDY PERMIT.

In actual sense, unless you are studying in the US or Canada, owning a car exceptions to you being a family man / working far from home in the UK or Ireland is totally not necessary as they have a very well structured Bus, train / tram mobility.

In all let peace and love reign.

3 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 6:50am On Jul 12, 2021
ICaSNg:

Please calm down. Either you're in your 20's or 60's - him stating that you should focus on studies rather than the unnecessary stress of owning a car in Ireland especially as a student just reinforces that some things are just to stressful to get through on a STUDY PERMIT.

In actual sense, unless you are studying in the US or Canada, owning a car exceptions to you being a family man / working far from home in the UK or Ireland is totally not necessary as they have a very well structured Bus, train / tram mobility.

In all let peace and love reign.

Your response is totally relevant and very matured. Unlike that other guy’s response.

I now understand that owning a car on a student permit is not necessary especially due to the good transportation system there which seems to favor students more. There are a couple of my guys in Canada and USA that over emphasize the importance of owning a car over there on a student visa.

Now that’s the angle I’m coming from.

Saying “focus on your studies” sounds like the ultimate aim of coming to Ireland is to own/ drive a car there. What’s so fascinating about driving especially on the left side of the road?

Thank you jare, I too gbadun your response.

2 Likes

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 6:51am On Jul 12, 2021
Allzcollectionz:
I need some guidance please. Just a few, please time is going and I need to apply for visa ASAP.
Please someone help

This may be a pretty late time to apply but reach out to ICASng ASAP

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Attaj: 9:29am On Jul 12, 2021
Allzcollectionz:
Please someone help
not too late to apply but u need to contact icasng and i think she will be able to help you out

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by clevermob: 9:49am On Jul 12, 2021
Dwebb55:

Hello Dwebb55,

Thanks to you and everyone for your thoughts on Mr Philly's question. Just a note on the International Drivers License...is their position a "no, no" on it? While I do not plan to own a car there yet or drive as much, was planning to come with my international drivers License for the once in a while "rent a car for a long road trip in summer" kinda thing.

Please tell me it's not necessary?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2021
clevermob:

Hello Dwebb55,

Thanks to you and everyone for your thoughts on Mr Philly's question. Just a note on the International Drivers License...is their position a "no, no" on it? While I do not plan to own a car there yet or drive as much, was planning to come with my international drivers License for the once in a while "rent a car for a long road trip in summer" kinda thing.

You can rent a car but you need a full driving license for that and at least 2 years experience.
Depending of the company but I think you also need clean record.
I’m trying to do my driving license and it’s a hell of a job.
Ireland driving license is too stressful.
I wish I have done the license in Italy or Germany.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 3:45pm On Jul 12, 2021
Allzcollectionz:
Please someone help
Don’t your school gave you an agent?
Which school are you going to study?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sarto(m): 10:20pm On Jul 12, 2021
Allzcollectionz:
Please someone help

Which school school did you apply for?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 2:10am On Jul 13, 2021
Philadelphia:

Your response is totally relevant and very matured. Unlike that other guy’s response.

I now understand that owning a car on a student permit is not necessary especially due to the good transportation system there which seems to favor students more. There are a couple of my guys in Canada and USA that over emphasize the importance of owning a car over there on a student visa.

Now that’s the angle I’m coming from.

Saying “focus on your studies” sounds like the ultimate aim of coming to Ireland is to own/ drive a car there. What’s so fascinating about driving especially on the left side of the road?

Thank you jare, I too gbadun your response.

You are funny! Trying to prove what can't be proven. Last, last, others have posted the same advice. Yet, you're trying to claim some form of moral justification! Iranu!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 2:20am On Jul 13, 2021
clevermob:

Hello Dwebb55,

There are different angles to this. I also came with my international drivers license. From observation you can use it here briefly if you are on holidays but if you are resident here, and your student visa gives you residency, then you have to get the drivers licence here which is very stressful to get. You have to take the theory test and the waiting time for that is several weeks. Then you take 6 to 12 driving lessons depending on your previous driving experience. After you pass this, a full licence can only be issued after 6 months. Until then, you can only drive with a learned driver besides you until then. You might get away with it but if anything happens or you are caught, you will lose points on the licence.

Add to this, the cost of insurance which is high for learners, then it just doesn't make much sense. Getting your IRP card is essential here and it seems to nullify your international drivers license.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dwebb55: 2:23am On Jul 13, 2021
seunny4lif:

You can rent a car but you need a full driving license for that and at least 2 years experience.
Depending of the company but I think you also need clean record.
I’m trying to do my driving license and it’s a hell of a job.
Ireland driving license is too stressful.
I wish I have done the license in Italy or Germany.

It is really stressful getting it. I booked a week ago and could only get an appointment for the end of August. But it's a headache one has to get out of the way. In my field of study, engineering, having a drivers license is essential and critical
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Omotayour267: 2:46am On Jul 13, 2021
Please have you been able to make the edubond payment? Kindly assist on how you did it and if you can link me up with a contact at any bank to have it done. All the banks I went to don't want to do it.
Godkiaz:

God bless you!! I pitched it with my account managers but they are not willing to transact.
I have an account with Eco Bank and can visit Ibadan on a daily (can also lodge to get this sorted). I stay in Lagos.
Please can you connect me to your contact. I will be so greatful for this.

Thank you!
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Omotayour267: 2:49am On Jul 13, 2021
Princeadex04:
I made the Edubond payment through FORM A last year June at ECOBANK, Iwo Road, Ibadan. I also know about 3 other guys that did the same through different banks, some banks may agree to make the payment while some will refuse. Try and contact your bank(s) and see what the response would be. If you stay in Ibadan and you have an account with Ecobank, I'll connect you with someone at Ecobank. Cheers.

Please I would like to know if anyone has successfully paid for Edubond using a Nigerian bank savings account.

Please can you guide a brother on best route to remit from Nigeria.

Thank you.
please can you help with the persons contact. I don't mind travelling to ibadan for this purpose so far am going to have it done. Can't afford to open an euro account and sort for euro in black market as those banks are advising.. I will be in huge loss
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by seunny4lif(m): 4:19am On Jul 13, 2021
Dwebb55:

It is really stressful getting it. I booked a week ago and could only get an appointment for the end of August. But it's a headache one has to get out of the way. In my field of study, engineering, having a drivers license is essential and critical
I tell you
Ireland is something else grin cheesy
Crazy rules especially if someone is living in the big cities like Cork, Dublin etc
Garda everywhere cheesy
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Philadelphia: 8:07am On Jul 13, 2021
Dwebb55:

You are funny! Trying to prove what can't be proven. Last, last, others have posted the same advice. Yet, you're trying to claim some form of moral justification! Iranu!

You’re plain stup1d!
You’re the one trying to make a sense of your Googled response. Others responded before and after you did but your response lacks wisdom but pride.
Oponu!

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Omotayour267: 8:17am On Jul 13, 2021
Please I need help. Been to virtually almost all banks and I keep getting the same that they can't make a transfer into the edubond account except I have a dom account and get euro from black market which I don't have lots of funds for that. Please I need assistance from those that have paid the edubond using form A to direct me to the bank branch they did the transaction or better still if they have a contact person, I will appreciate. Thank you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by chingynt(m): 9:46am On Jul 13, 2021
Guy, can you gist us on your general experiences so far as well as the average cost of living? Thanks
seunny4lif:

I tell you
Ireland is something else grin cheesy
Crazy rules especially if someone is living in the big cities like Cork, Dublin etc
Garda everywhere cheesy
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Allzcollectionz: 10:01am On Jul 13, 2021
They didn't give any agent.

Its UCC

seunny4lif:

Don’t your school gave you an agent?
Which school are you going to study?

(1) (2) (3) ... (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) (313) (314) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.