Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (721311 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Diya22: 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2022
Hello, So I saw my application number on the weekly decisions report released today but I haven't gotten a message from the embassy. Should I worried? Am I to take any steps? What should I do?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 4:58am On Sep 06, 2022
Laisirepublic:
Congratulations man...pls when do u apply plus did u apply in Lagos or Abuja...Have applied since AUGUST 17 and no yet a reply? And my school resume today! The most annoying aspect of it is that no online class and attendance is 85%

A standard visa application takes 8 weeks minimum and you should factor that time into your application. You application is just about 3 weeks only and you are worried already
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Diya22: 10:23am On Sep 06, 2022
Hello, So I saw my application number on the weekly decisions report released today but I haven't gotten a message from the embassy. Should I be worried? Am I to take any steps? What should I do?

Philadelphia:

Hi,
Kindly confirm (from tracking your application) when your application was received in Abuja. I don’t know if it may show your decision from tracking though.

Your decision report will be published on Monday and that is when you will get an email regarding your decision.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2022
PG Dip is not the same as Masters. However, most times, PG Dip can scale up after a dissertation to equate a Masters. Currently, Ireland place PG Dip and Masters on the same pedestal on their NQF for purpose of post study.
Kindly check your program on the ILEP list: www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-study-in-ireland/what-are-my-study-options/interim-list-of-eligible-programmes-ilep/
Ensure the PG Dip is explicitly listed and confirm the level.

Regarding job hunting, that's a different animal on its own. Others on ground will comment. All the best.

Staizy:
Hi all,
... ...
Now, the school is insisting I register the module come 2022/2023 session to complete the required credit units or exit the program with a PGD.
My program is in STEM and I have relevant technical IT work experience both in Nigeria and South Africa before moving to Ireland. I am hoping I will be able to secure a job.
My concern now is -
Will a level 9 PGD certificate in a STEM course give me 2 years post study stay in Ireland just same with an MSC or MEng?
Could there be a possible barrier this may pose for me coming from a job placement view?
What other advice can you guys give?
Many Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sunpablo: 7:25am On Sep 07, 2022
sim2003:

Congrats bro. What are the list of documents that u submitted? Did u use Edubond?

I didn't use edubond though

These are the list of documents I used below
VFS Appointment Letter..
International Passport..
Bank Statement..
Birth Certificate..
Consent Letter/ Letter of Sponsorship..
Personal Statement(Right as much convincing letter lol just take your time to write this)..
Application letter(Was very basic and straight to the point)...
All Previous Academic Documents (Transcript, WAEC, Duolingo, FSLC)..
Detailed CV (please be reminded that if you do not have any evidence to back your work experiences, they should not be included in your CV)..
Declaration of Assets..
Annual Returns..
Company Registration Document..
Parent's Marriage Certificate..
Tuition Payment Receipt..
Offer Letter..
Sponsor's Id with his or her signature on it(International passport, driver's license, national Id card NIN)..
Letter of Acceptance ..
Medical report/ Health Insurance ..
Receipt on every lump sum in your bank statement.( At least get 3-5 current transaction receipts)
Family Photo..
Questionaire(You will get these from the VFS office that day)..
Photo (when you reach VFS you need to take a new photo inside the vfs cause outsiders charge a lot for everything)

These are the documents I submitted to the vfs and none is missing... My sponsor is a business man so use this especially if your sponsor is a business man/woman and my it's a study visa so follow carefully.

Sorry I sent this later, was kinda busy.

Thanks to you guys, I appreciate all the help I've gotten from this platform.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sunpablo: 7:44am On Sep 07, 2022
Laisirepublic:
Congratulations man...pls when do u apply plus did u apply in Lagos or Abuja...Have applied since AUGUST 17 and no yet a reply? And my school resume today! The most annoying aspect of it is that no online class and attendance is 85%

I applied 7th July
I think yours might be next week, depends on the volume of study applicants.
I think august won't be as much as that of July.

I will suggest you use the weekly decision list to seek your decision result: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/weeklydecisionreports/

Beside this be hopeful it comes out next week but at the moment they have completed applications submitted till 25th July so far. so there are chances to be hopeful for next week, if it's not next week then you need to wait next two weeks Monday.

Note after seeing mine approved on the weekly decision list, my passport was sent through UPS logistics to the location I applied to receive my documents during vfs application inside the vfs global office. It will take approximately 7 days or lower to receive your passport after decision has been made on your passport.

I hope I detailed everything for you, wishing you good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sunpablo: 7:45am On Sep 07, 2022
Sunpablo:

I didn't use edubond though

These are the list of documents I used below
VFS Appointment Letter..
International Passport..
Bank Statement..
Birth Certificate..
Consent Letter/ Letter of Sponsorship..
Personal Statement(Right as much convincing letter lol just take your time to write this)..
Application letter(Was very basic and straight to the point)...
All Previous Academic Documents (Transcript, WAEC, Duolingo, FSLC)..
Detailed CV (please be reminded that if you do not have any evidence to back your work experiences, they should not be included in your CV)..
Declaration of Assets..
Annual Returns..
Company Registration Document..
Parent's Marriage Certificate..
Tuition Payment Receipt..
Offer Letter..
Sponsor's Id with his or her signature on it(International passport, driver's license, national Id card NIN)..
Letter of Acceptance ..
Medical report/ Health Insurance ..
Receipt on every lump sum in your bank statement.( At least get 3-5 current transaction receipts)
Family Photo..
Questionaire(You will get these from the VFS office that day)..
Photo (when you reach VFS you need to take a new photo inside the vfs cause outsiders charge a lot for everything)

These are the documents I submitted to the vfs and none is missing... My sponsor is a business man so use this especially if your sponsor is a business man/woman and it's a study visa so follow carefully.

Sorry I sent this later, was kinda busy.

Thanks to you guys, I appreciate all the help I've gotten from this platform.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sunpablo: 7:48am On Sep 07, 2022
Diya22:
Hello, So I saw my application number on the weekly decisions report released today but I haven't gotten a message from the embassy. Should I worried? Am I to take any steps? What should I do?

You won't get any message...

Just wait for the UPS to arrive your home.
Address or where you applied to receive your documents.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 07, 2022
Thank u bro...
Sunpablo:

I applied 7th July
I think yours might be next week, depends on the volume of study applicants.
I think august won't be as much as that of July.

I will suggest you use the weekly decision list to seek your decision result: https://www.dfa.ie/irish-embassy/nigeria/our-services/visas/weeklydecisionreports/

Beside this be hopeful it comes out next week but at the moment they have completed applications submitted till 25th July so far. so there are chances to be hopeful for next week, if it's not next week then you need to wait next two weeks Monday.

Note after seeing mine approved on the weekly decision list, my passport was sent through UPS logistics to the location I applied to receive my documents during vfs application inside the vfs global office. It will take approximately 7 days or lower to receive your passport after decision has been made on your passport.

I hope I detailed everything for you, wishing you good luck.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 07, 2022
Congratulations bro...when did u apply
Diya22:
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Untube: 1:48pm On Sep 07, 2022
[quote author=SireSommy69 post=115409149]Good day Nairalanders,

Please, I need to pay my tuition fee ASAP for NCI, Ireland, but Form A is delaying.

My school has an option for me to pay using Transfermate mate and the rate is okay.
Please, can I use this option in Nigeria using my ATM card? If yes, someone should please put me through. Thank you. [/quot] have you done the payment?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Untube: 1:49pm On Sep 07, 2022
SireSommy69:
Good day Nairalanders,

Please, I need to pay my tuition fee ASAP for NCI, Ireland, but Form A is delaying.

My school has an option for me to pay using Transfermate mate and the rate is okay.
Please, can I use this option in Nigeria using my ATM card? If yes, someone should please put me through. Thank you.

Have you done the payment?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 3:51pm On Sep 07, 2022
A friend that did PgD got 1 year post study Visa but since you are experienced in IT, you should get a job before the 1 year.The probability of that is high.
semmyk:
PG Dip is not the same as Masters. However, most times, PG Dip can scale up after a dissertation to equate a Masters. Currently, Ireland place PG Dip and Masters on the same pedestal on their NQF for purpose of post study.
Kindly check your program on the ILEP list: www.irishimmigration.ie/coming-to-study-in-ireland/what-are-my-study-options/interim-list-of-eligible-programmes-ilep/

Regarding job hunting, that's a different animal on its own. Others on ground will comment. All the best.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 3:53pm On Sep 07, 2022
When you do Masters and opt out of Dissertation, you will graduate with a PgD..I would advise you just do he masters
semmyk:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 6:55am On Sep 08, 2022
@Staizy kindly pay attention to further inputs by @bigmills. #valuable. NB: Not all Irish schools grants PG Dip automatically from dropping out of Masters without dissertation. Most would though.
Ireland offers 1 year post study visa through her third level graduate scheme. For degrees at NQF 9 and above, you get one year and renew for another year (subject to conditions).
bigmills:
When you do Masters and opt out of Dissertation, you will may graduate with a PgD..I would advise you just do he masters
bigmills:
A friend that did PgD got 1 year post study Visa but since you are experienced in IT, you should get a job before the 1 year.The probability of that is high.
semmyk:

Staizy:
Hi all,
... ...
Now, the school is insisting I register the module come 2022/2023 session to complete the required credit units or exit the program with a PGD.
My program is in STEM and I have relevant technical IT work experience both in Nigeria and South Africa before moving to Ireland. I am hoping I will be able to secure a job.
My concern now is -
Will a level 9 PGD certificate in a STEM course give me 2 years post study stay in Ireland just same with an MSC or MEng?
Could there be a possible barrier this may pose for me coming from a job placement view?
What other advice can you guys give?
Many Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Untube: 8:28pm On Sep 08, 2022
SireSommy69:
Good day Nairalanders,

Please, can I use this option in Nigeria using my ATM card? If yes, someone should please put me through. Thank you.

Please can I have your contact? You able to make payment for the tuition via transfer mate? I just sent you mail, please respond or drop your contact for me. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Samuelsontom: 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2022
Please anyone with an idea of a shegen or any country wey I fit go study that the ireland visa ban I have will not affect my Visa approval. Please anyone with some good suggestion.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johnsurvive: 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2022
Good day all, pls my wife will be traveling to Dublin on 17 -9- 22,. and till now we have not gotten any accommodation. All effort to book accommodation through daft.ie and rent.ie proofed abortive, as they did not reply the mail sent to the advertiser to confirm availability of such properties. pls elders in the house, kindly guide me on how to successfully secure accommodation for her. thanks greately.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by semmyk(m): 7:07pm On Sep 10, 2022
Someone posted this in the last page (357), perhaps it might assist?
ExpressBooking:
Good afternoon everyone. If you are coming into Ireland and you are finding it difficult to secure an accommodation, please check www.hostingpower.ie they have affordable shared accommodation all around around Ireland at amazing prices and bills inclusive. Good news is you can stay as much as you want. They charge a fee for their service, but its better to get somewhere to stay first while you look out for your preferred accommodation
johnsurvive:
Good day all, pls my wife will be traveling to Dublin on 17 -9- 22,. and till now we have not gotten any accommodation. All effort to book accommodation through daft.ie and rent.ie proofed abortive, as they did not reply the mail sent to the advertiser to confirm availability of such properties. pls elders in the house, kindly guide me on how to successfully secure accommodation for her. thanks greately.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 9:09pm On Sep 10, 2022
johnsurvive:

Take a look at hosting power and make a booking
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by JejeIsLife: 11:44pm On Sep 11, 2022
Good day everyone I am currently applying for student visa and I got to the section "are you currently employed in your country of residence (yes or no), are you currently a student (yes or no) in your country of resident which should I choose.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by bigmills: 5:22am On Sep 12, 2022
Netherland, but mind you, EU you countries share immigration data even with US and Canada.
Also all applications are treated on individual basis.
Try to meet the requirements and avoid same reason Ireland gave you visa ban

Samuelsontom:
Please anyone with an idea of a shegen or any country wey I fit go study that the ireland visa ban I have will not affect my Visa approval. Please anyone with some good suggestion.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by sainted(f): 1:03pm On Sep 12, 2022
Please how long did this take?

How long generally does the Irish student visa take please? If you're applying at this point

Sunpablo:
Hello guys,

I saw my visa approved on the latest update on the weekly decision, please when do you guys speculate I'll receive my passport?

Anyone have any clue about this?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johnsurvive: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2022
[quote author=ExpressBooking post=116543685]

Take a look at hosting power and make a booking [/quote

Thanks, hosting power is requesting for service fees of about 435 euro without any assistance of getting the selected house. If you know how to go about it,. Pls kindly DM me. Thanks greately. ]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Sunpablo: 7:48pm On Sep 12, 2022
sainted:
Please how long did this take?

How long generally does the Irish student visa take please? If you're applying at this point

6-8 weeks approximately.

But could be more depending on the amount of applicants.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ibrochi: 1:57am On Sep 13, 2022
Can I you recommend a recruitment company in Ireland that is legit to seecure employment?

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ExpressBooking(m): 5:58am On Sep 13, 2022
[quote author=johnsurvive post=116598536][/quote]

Hostingpower.ie will only authorise your credit card for that amount. They will only debit you for that amount when the owner of the apartment accepts your booking. Then you pay one week rent and another week rent as deposit to the owner of the apartment. The amount hostingpower.ie charges you is their commission and it varies depending on length of your tenancy. They only charge that money when your booking has been accepted by the host
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by SireSommy69(m): 9:43pm On Sep 13, 2022
Yes, thank you. [quote author=Untube post=116438692][/quote]
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by JejeIsLife: 2:38am On Sep 14, 2022
well, I am applying for an Ireland student visa and currently filling out the student visa form, so I got to a compulsory section that states I should provide the contact of my host i.e the address of someone I know in Ireland and I don't know anyone in Ireland neither do I have someone there.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by johnsurvive: 7:37am On Sep 14, 2022
ExpressBooking:

Hostingpower.ie will only authorise your credit card for that amount. They will only debit you for that amount when the owner of the apartment accepts your booking. Then you pay one week rent and another week rent as deposit to the owner of the apartment. The amount hostingpower.ie charges you is their commission and it varies depending on length of your tenancy. They only charge that money when your booking has been accepted by the host

Thanks greately for the response, I will go back to the site again and check. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this quary.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 14, 2022
Kindly drop name and address of your school you are applying to
JejeIsLife:
well, I am applying for an Ireland student visa and currently filling out the student visa form, so I got to a compulsory section that states I should provide the contact of my host i.e the address of someone I know in Ireland and I don't know anyone in Ireland neither do I have someone there.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Smkinhawt(f): 12:53pm On Sep 14, 2022
Expressbooking, please how do I pay? I am still in Nigeria but will be arriving Ireland on the 18th. I tired to authorize payment with my naira card with sufficient equivalent deposit in euro but it’s not going through. What can I do?

ExpressBooking:

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.