Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,408 members, 7,822,887 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (384) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (724735 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oludee7(m): 3:59pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
@oludee7 and other members of the house.

Not valid for travel is written on the application summary sheet I printed after I submitted the application online.

Is this normal?

The single-entry visitor visa fee and that of the courier already cost about 63k, which is to be paid online.

Also, I learned that one will still pay the VFS service charge on the day of document submission. Does anyone know how much to pay as a service charge at the VFS center?

Yes, it is normal

For the fee at the VFS Centre, I paid 81k. (I paid about 30k online tho). I can’t confirm if that is the fee that still applies.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 5:12pm On Sep 04, 2023
oludee7:

Yes, it is normal

For the fee at the VFS Centre, I paid 81k. (I paid about 30k online tho). I can’t confirm if that is the fee that still applies.

When I signed in to book an appointment on the VFS website, the visa fee to pay for the single entry visa was 56k, and the optional fee for courier was 5625 naira.

I just want to be sure that I am doing the right thing because I don’t want to pay the visa fee twice.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Djdimeji: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
@oludee7 and other members of the house.

Not valid for travel is written on the application summary sheet I printed after I submitted the application online.

Is this normal?

The single-entry visitor visa fee and that of the courier already cost about 63k, which is to be paid online.

Also, I learned that one will still pay the VFS service charge on the day of document submission. Does anyone know how much to pay as a service charge at the VFS center?

The Not valid for travel is normal, that's how it is.

These fees are pegged to the euro and as such not sure anyone could give you an exact figure.
I did same (asking for exact figures), but eventually needed an excess of N30k+ (About a N100k+ is what you should be spending in total)
Just go with as much money as possible.
P. S: You'd be paying by card.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 7:43pm On Sep 04, 2023
Djdimeji:

These fees are pegged to the euro and as such not sure anyone could give you an exact figure.
I did same (asking for exact figures), but eventually needed an excess of N30k+ (About a N100k+ is what you should be spending in total)

When I tried to book an appointment online on the VFS website, they wanted me to pay the visa fee online.

But I thought the normal thing to do is take a bank card to their office to pay the visa fee and all other fees there, not online.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by babylawyr(f): 8:56pm On Sep 04, 2023
Hi,
I paid VFS service charge + premium lounge, online, on the vfs website before booking appointment.

The visa fees was paid at vfs office using POS on my appointment day. I had to pay 10670 courier fees, i was informed that its mandatory. VfS lagos

Ashirioluwa:

When I tried to book an appointment online on the VFS website, they wanted me to pay the visa fee online.

But I thought the normal thing to do is take a bank card to their office to pay the visa fee and all other fees there, not online.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 9:41pm On Sep 04, 2023
babylawyr:
Hi,
I paid VFS service charge + premium lounge, online, on the vfs website before booking appointment.

The visa fees was paid at vfs office using POS on my appointment day. I had to pay 10670 courier fees, i was informed that its mandatory. VfS lagos

Thank you very much for the information

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 9:43am On Sep 05, 2023
Djdimeji:

Sorry, the 56k that I was supposed to pay online is VFS service charge, not a visa fee as I claimed.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by babylawyr(f): 10:15am On Sep 05, 2023
Hi,
How long does it typically take to get passport back to Lagos after a decision made?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2023
babylawyr:
Hi,
How long does it typically take to get passport back to Lagos after a decision made?

Have you received your passport?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Republic001: 11:11pm On Sep 06, 2023
Pls is IRCC still accepting four months statements cos I see some pple using it and Getting approve and I saw some pple on dis page get disapproval for using less than six months
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 11:22pm On Sep 06, 2023
Republic001:
Pls is IRCC still accepting four months statements cos I see some pple using it and Getting approve and I saw some pple on dis page get disapproval for using less than six months

IRCC for Ireland?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 12:07am On Sep 07, 2023
Republic001:

This thread is for people looking for visas to go to Ireland. Go to the Canada visa section to ask your question.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 12:08am On Sep 07, 2023
babylawyr:
Hi,

Within a week
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by FemiJohnson29: 3:50am On Sep 08, 2023
Hello,

I submitted by bank statement as requested although just little finance reflects on my statement. I mean, I have just completed high school education and I am applying for a visa to obtain bsc degree while on a fully funded scholarship.

When the appeal letter arrived, it appears the embassy wants the amount the scholarship has allocated to me to reflect on the scholarship letter. That was just the main reason for the refusal of the appeal.

Overall, I have reapplied for a study visa with the reason properly addressed. I hope for a positive response soon.

The documents I submitted were:
High school transcript
IELTS results
Full tuition fees receipt
Accomodations for 41 weeks receipts
Health insurance receipt
Waec result
Scholarship letter along with sponsorship letter
My bank statement( reflecting just <1m naira)
Birth certificate
Statement of purpose
Admission offer letters
High school testimonial

janatagirl:
Hello,

Did you submit your personal bank statement.

how much funds were in your bank statement?

List out all supporting documents you submitted in your visa application.

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eculizumab: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2023
Hi Everyone, Is it a must one submit Proof of English Proficiency test when submitting visa application for a masters programme?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 3:58pm On Sep 08, 2023
Eculizumab:
Hi Everyone, Is it a must one submit Proof of English Proficiency test when submitting visa application for a masters programme?
Yes
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eculizumab: 7:16am On Sep 09, 2023
jaxeri:

Yes
thanks, can i get Statement of completion of studies in English letter from ny school and use that?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2023
Eculizumab:
thanks, can i get Statement of completion of studies in English letter from ny school and use that?

No...just write IELTS, Doulingo, or Pte for your visa application.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by ForChrist1: 11:09am On Sep 10, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Dummy1: 10:31am On Sep 11, 2023
Hi guys, my lecture starts today and I have gotten a response from the embassy yet. Pls what do I do.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Eculizumab: 11:08am On Sep 11, 2023
jaxeri:

No...just write IELTS, Doulingo, or Pte for your visa application.
Thanks my bro. I just pray my previous ireland short stay visa i got earlier this year can improve my chance of getting study visa
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 7:37pm On Sep 13, 2023
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by jaxeri(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2023
babylawyr:
Hi,

Please, have you collected your passport now??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by babylawyr(f): 10:20pm On Sep 13, 2023
Yes I have.
jaxeri:

Please, have you collected your passport now??
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by oludee7(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2023
Please how long did it take?

babylawyr:
Yes I have.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 11:53am On Sep 16, 2023
My junior brother’s appointment for biometrics and capturing is next week.

Visa category - visitor’s visa (single entry)

I helped him pay the VFS service charge and courier fee online.

Does anyone know the estimated amount to be paid at the VFS application center for a single-entry visit visa?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ajalalomo: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2023
My masters, please, I have a quick question.

I am helping out a relative who is planning to travel out on vacation with his dad to fill out a visa application. This young man is a private school teacher with less than 100k in his account, but his dad's bank account is ok. His dad doesn't need a visa because he has a valid travel permit.

As per finance, is it appropriate to include only the sponsor's (his dad's) account statement?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Djdimeji: 10:09am On Sep 18, 2023
Ajalalomo:
My masters, please, I have a quick question.

I am helping out a relative who is planning to travel out on vacation with his dad to fill out a visa application. This young man is a private school teacher with less than 100k in his account, but his dad's bank account is ok. His dad doesn't need a visa because he has a valid travel permit.

As per finance, is it appropriate to include only the sponsor's (his dad's) account statement?
What you're asking is answered on the visa requirement page. Applicant and Sponsor statements are required.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Peniel2: 2:45pm On Sep 18, 2023
Hi everyone. I’d like to ask if submitting a sponsor statement of account with 11,000€ and in my account 800€ is okay for Ireland study visa and if someone has gotten visa with this amount. Thank you.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Ashirioluwa: 11:53am On Sep 20, 2023
Ashirioluwa:
My junior brother’s appointment for biometrics and capturing is next week.

Visa category - visitor’s visa (single entry)

I helped him pay the VFS service charge and courier fee online.

Does anyone know the estimated amount to be paid at the VFS application center for a single-entry visit visa?

He did the biometrics, and document submission today.

The VFS charge and courier fee were paid online
VFS service charge - 56339
Courier fee - 5232.56

Visa fee paid at VFS application center
Visa fee - 55535

Total paid - 117106.56

This is for short stay visa (single entry)
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Pascal122: 12:35pm On Sep 20, 2023
Update:

My visa appeal was successful and approved!!!
All thanks to God!

Thanks to everyone here who helped and contributed.

To save someone from going through the stress I went through, Please when submitting your appeal documents, you can include your passport along with it. Then send it with a return or prepaid courier. It will get back to you, you can ignore what the website says.

DHL wanted to frustrated me, but it was a nairalander here that helped me collect my passport from the embassy after it was stamped.

I hope everyone has a successful study year and beyond in Ireland.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (381) (382) (383) (384) (385) (386) (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.