Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** - Travel (56) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (721976 Views)

Irish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (387) (Go Down)

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:
Pls does anyone know the resumption date for DIT?

17th September. However orientation is from 10th which is kinda compulsory
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by galala123(m): 3:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Thank you very much. I pray i will be given visa.

I can't wait.

I am optimistic you will get the visa. I was thinking your school in Ireland could scan and send your transcript to the embassy's email upon request from you. They may attn: the Visa Officer and include your tracking Number which you will receive from VFS after submission as well as your Name and Submission Date. Just suggesting.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 4:53pm On Aug 12, 2018
galala123:

I am optimistic you will get the visa. I was thinking your school in Ireland could scan and send your transcript to the embassy's email upon request from you. They may attn: the Visa Officer and include your tracking Number which you will receive from VFS after submission as well as your Name and Submission Date. Just suggesting.

Okay. I will try this. Hopefully it will work.

Thanks. Are you in Ireland already?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 4:56pm On Aug 12, 2018
veramani31:

17th September. However orientation is from 10th which is kinda compulsory

Oops.. Will i be able to make this date like this
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 5:00pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Oops.. Will i be able to make this date like this? . I haven't even submitted visa application.

I'm scared o.

Don't be. If you can submit tomorrow or this week I think you'd be fine. Just make sure you have all the requirements
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by PetahPash: 6:06pm On Aug 12, 2018
Same here
What course?
alabler:

shocked UCD Dublin bound.....
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 6:20pm On Aug 12, 2018
veramani31:

Don't be. If you can submit tomorrow or this week I think you'd be fine. Just make sure you have all the requirements

I paid part of the school fees yesterday.. Will pay the balance tomorrow.

So I'm thinking i can go to the embassy on Friday to submit my application.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 6:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
veramani31:

Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 7:13pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

But there's a problem. My boss won't allow me take an excuse on Friday cos there's nobody to relieve me off my duty post.

Hence, it means its on Monday 20th that i can be chanced.

That's why I'm seriously scared. Cos time has really gone.

You re already panicking which is not good. Just calm down first of all. You can apply for visa with part payment

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 7:34pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Can u assist me on the process of submission at the embassy. So i can know what to expect. Eg at what point would i need to do my medicals?
You don’t need to do medicals but however, if your school doesn’t cover your medical health insurance, you’re to pay a fee for it.

In my case, my school covered mine.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 7:47pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

But there's a problem. My boss won't allow me take an excuse on Friday cos there's nobody to relieve me off my duty post.

Hence, it means its on Monday 20th that i can be chanced.

That's why I'm seriously scared. Cos time has really gone.
20th might be a little bit detrimental considering the time frame. You have to persuade your boss this week. Just make sure you have the necessary requirements.. Whatever you do, don’t give up on your application. I saw a testimony of 1 week and 5 days on this thread.

Better late than never...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 7:52pm On Aug 12, 2018
Please I wanted to ask, is there an Orientation date for Griffith College ? All I see in my invitation letter is the commencement date which is 17th of September.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
veramani31:

You re already panicking which is not good. Just calm down first of all. You can apply for visa with part payment

Hmmm.. Yea.

Thanks. The balance is just £1500. The school said after 24hrs of confirmation i can proceed with visa application
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 8:42pm On Aug 12, 2018
myownvibe03:
20th might be a little bit detrimental considering the time frame. You have to persuade your boss this week. Just make sure you have the necessary requirements.. Whatever you do, don’t give up on your application. I saw a testimony of 1 week and 5 days on this thread.

Better late than never...

Aiit. Thanks so much. I appreciate
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 8:44pm On Aug 12, 2018
myownvibe03:
You don’t need to do medicals but however, if your school doesn’t cover your medical health insurance, you’re to pay a fee for it.

In my case, my school covered mine.

Oh great. Thanks
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by veramani31: 8:49pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Oh great. Please for those who chose DIT, cam you please provide me with information as regards the medicals

Is it covered by the school or i have to make payment? Thanks
It's covered by the school
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 8:55pm On Aug 12, 2018
veramani31:
It's covered by the school
Thanks. God bless you
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by pristine88: 9:01pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Oops.. Will i be able to make this date like this? . I haven't even submitted visa application.

I'm scared o.

dont you think deferring till January is better, you are walking on thin ice cause of the time frame

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 9:02pm On Aug 12, 2018
pristine88:

dont you think deferring till January is better, you are walking on thin ice cause of the time frame
Truth is bitter but say it and move on
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 9:36pm On Aug 12, 2018
pristine88:

@prestine88 Bro I’ll be needing your email please.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Twetwi: 10:10pm On Aug 12, 2018
PetahPash:
Same here
What course?

same here... going to UCD

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by harveygordon: 10:48pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Unilag doesn't issue transcript to individuals. Its super annoying.

I guess i will print out DIT's response and add to the supporting documents. So they will know the transcript is with DIT and they can request from them if need be.

Thanks

I don't understand how getting transcript is so difficult, whereas it is simple. Just go to your school and tell them your place of work requested for the transcript. Drop address of the company and name of an individual you would want the transcript to be sent to. Note: the person could be your friend or anyone in the company that would receive the letter and deliver it to you. That was how I got mine.

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by galala123(m): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2018
MzDeeb:

Thanks. God bless you

Get your bank statement ready.

Fill the application form online (You can get it through Irish Embassy or VFS website). You can login and begin to fill the application form if you haven't. There's a number to sign in again as it will be stored for 30 days.

PLEASE NOTE that There is also another form to be filled apart from the online application form which you are to sign and submit (The Questionnaire)

Make 2 photocopies of ALL your supporting Documents including ALL pages of international Passport (s) to be submitted (EXCEPT bank statement -No need to photocopy Bank Statement).

Get 2 passport pictures with white background that conform to their requirements.

You may write your SOP and Application letter.

After submitting online, Print out SUMMARY SHEET and also print a copy of the QUESTIONNAIRE form.

Include all your Previous visa refusal letters (if you have been refused visa to Ireland or other countries).

Take all the documents to VFS to submit. Check the address of submission office for IRELAND on VFS website.

Go with about ₦50,400 cash for fees payment (this includes Courier fee to return your Original Documents and Passport/s).

You can start here and continue to get guidance as you proceed. Good thing is that Ireland forms seem to be very straightforward. I'm impressed as the've managed to keep it Simple and Straightforward in a world where things are being made more and more complicated which doesn't necesarily mean that their system is weaker. I guess their back end processes are tight.

Thier Institutions also seem very helpful with communication. You may check if they have January Start and put them on notice in case your visa application file is not treated before final resumption date.

If you have any other questions like submission time, address, documents, etc , please call VFS and ask for Ireland Representative (Google their Phone Number).

If you've not started... Please start now!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 12:18am On Aug 13, 2018
galala123:

Fill the application form online (You can get it through Irish Embassy or VFS website). You can login and begin to fill the application form if you haven't. There's a number to sign in again as it will be stored for 30 days.

PLEASE NOTE that There is also another form to be filled apart from the online application form which you are to sign and submit (The Questionnaire)

Make 2 photocopies of ALL your supporting Documents including ALL pages of international Passport (s) to be submitted (EXCEPT bank statement -No need to photocopy Bank Statement).

Get 2 passport pictures with white background that conform to their requirements.

After submitting online, Print out SUMMARY SHEET and also print a copy of the QUESTIONNAIRE form.

Include all your Previous visa refusal letters (if you have been refused visa to Ireland or other countries).

Take all the documents to VFS to submit. Check the address of submission office for IRELAND on VFS website.

Go with about ₦50,400 cash for fees payment (this includes Courier fee to return your Original Documents and Passport/s).

You can start here and continue to get guidance as you proceed. Good thing is that Ireland forms seem to be very straightforward. I'm impressed as the've managed to keep it Simple and Straightforward in a world where things are being made more and more complicated which doesn't necesarily mean that their system is weaker. I guess their back end processes are tight.

Thier Institutions also seem very helpful with communication. You may check if they have January Start and put them on notice in case your visa application file is not treated before final resumption date.

If you have any other questions like submission time, address, documents, etc , please call VFS and ask for Ireland Representative (Google their Phone Number).

galala123:

I'm super grateful for this. I so much appreciate this information.

Thank you for your kind gestures. God bless you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 12:21am On Aug 13, 2018
pristine88:

Hmm. Thanks.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by MzDeeb(f): 12:31am On Aug 13, 2018
harveygordon:

I don't understand how getting transcript is so difficult, whereas it is simple. Just go to your school and tell them your place of work requested for the transcript. Drop address of the company and name of an individual you would want the transcript to be sent to. Note: the person could be your friend or anyone in the company that would receive the letter and deliver it to you. That was how I got mine.

It will take them another 1 month. They delay it most times.
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by kenmighty: 1:18am On Aug 13, 2018
The school called that they will not send my transcript to my office.
harveygordon:

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by PetahPash: 1:37am On Aug 13, 2018
Make sense. Looking to make a few connections before travelling, Maybe I could message you privately?
Twetwi:

same here... going to UCD

1 Like

Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:05am On Aug 13, 2018
ICaSNg:
Republic of Ireland
============

The Republic of Ireland occupies most of the island of Ireland, off the coast of England and Wales. Its capital, Dublin, is the birthplace of writers like Oscar Wilde, and home of Guinness beer, it is also home to top-tech organisations such as Facebook, Google INC, PayPal etc.

Capital: Dublin
Dialing code: +353
Currency: Euro
Legislature: Oireachtas
President: Michael D. Higgins

Ireland, is the only English speaking Country in Europe asides the UK.

nah...check again properly...Have u heard of malta?? They av maltese just as irish have theirs also...
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by Livefreeordieha(m): 2:17am On Aug 13, 2018
myownvibe03:
Please I wanted to ask, is there an Orientation date for Griffith College ? All I see in my invitation letter is the commencement date which is 17th of September.
u got an admission there? Are u coming to Cork or Dublin...?
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by abuhusna1: 2:36am On Aug 13, 2018
myownvibe03:
Orientation is 11th Sept going there too duty griffith college Dublin
Re: GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** by myownvibe03(m): 8:29am On Aug 13, 2018
Livefreeordieha:
u got an admission there? Are u coming to Cork or Dublin...?
Dublin. Got my visa already

(1) (2) (3) ... (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) ... (387)

General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.