Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,056 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57224 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by UDIOK: 9:21am On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:
I don't understand why people especially the men are just attacking her. What's the big deal about explaining to her what's going on? "Business isn't back to normal", TELL HER! "Please give me more time to pay back", TELL HER! "I dont have the money now but will have it soon", TELL HER! Don't just assume she's gonna look right through your mind and know what's going on.He's acting all weird and suspicious for crying out loud. Even if she wanted to give him more time & be more understanding(by hearing his own side), he's making it difficult for her. Why dodge her calls? She probably started feeling like this after a few weeks( not days as some of you insinuated) of not getting the weekly dividend HE PROMISED her. Besides, for those saying she's wicked & all, how come she was still willing to lend out 1 million(in this economy) to this same guy? From what she said, they are both doing well. So she was only trying to help. Same help that most of you here are abusing her for. I will never condemn her for helping out. She's my kind of woman (hardly asks but gives more sef). I don't believe relationships should be one-sided.

...my opinion though...
This is a case of a fiancee she is talking about here not just an ordinary boyfriend ......Wisdom is profitable to direct....the N500K dilema could be a strong test against their sustainability of the relationship if she doesn't handle well
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by 22Mikey: 9:28am On Sep 22, 2017
eeewise:
just imagine! her concern is more about getting back her mere 500k as against loosing a potential marital stable relationship. #shallow

but again the guy is stupid to break trust and loyalty over a mere 500k.without explaining to her the reason he can't meet up#stupid

so when shallow meets stupid then the relationship is dead on arrival.
u just try see him in person, give him time then involve a soldier friend before breaking off contact finally
I hate to see potential relationships like this break

Imagine sacrificing the relationship you've built over time because of your N500k. From your post, I perceived that you are in your early 20's because a matured lady won't be talking like this.

I don't blame the guy tho. I can only imagine the no. of missed calls and text messages you've sent him because of your N500k. Guys have the self pride and esteem.
Since the guy is the owner of the recycling plant that I supposed worth millions, I don't think mere N500k should be a cause for dupe alarm.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by NoToPile: 9:30am On Sep 22, 2017
A lot of silly people on this thread, its beginning to piss me off.

Operation blame the lady, if he lent money from the bank or LAPO microfinance let him tell them about his ego,self pride, the business is not out of the woods yet and that he's stressed out as if they won't destress him by coming after his assets.

Too much naija mentality on this thread, you borrow money and it becomes a pain to pay back , calls you are avoiding explain you are not explaining.

He was even the one that requested for her to invest things went wary and then production went back to normal, the dude didn't seem it fit to gradually pay back his investor.

That guy is an irresponsible one.

Lot of boys parading themselves as men on this thread.

Now they are saying "mere 500k" its just pissing me off. You call 500k ordinary.

3 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Yoshy: 10:03am On Sep 22, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.

I made a mistake of putting my money first in my relationship and it turned out bad. Forget the money for sometime, build the love back, try to understand his present situation. I understand he is not being emotionally available hence your concern about his loyalty, maybe he is stressed out cos of his situation, understand him first and if your findings proves he is out to dupe you, then you can use force to get your money back.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Jkvivi2020: 10:17am On Sep 22, 2017
I think u are just after ur money not relationship or marriage. women are always greedy they don't want to help their fiance without pay back. they have this notion his money is our money why my money is my money. since u are having ur marriage rites by November why are u in a hurry to collect ur money so u can not build a home with a man.u are the type of woman that run away when a man is in problem. that is the real Truth take it or leave.no offense.

SOLUTION: sit him down and talk to him since you no his house.don't call him on phone.make a surprise visit an don't ask for the money first ask him what is the problem in his work .you we be happy an smile for the rest of ur life if you follow this advice.no offense.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2017
rosalieene:
Immee your greatest mistake was bringing this to nairaland.

You can see thAt some Guys here are coming for your head. they ignored the part Whr you said you are financially stable and don't demand. they refused to acknowledge the fact that ur guy hasn't been picking up calls if not for anything,

do you know why? you see, some guys here on nairaland don't usually see anything wrong in what their fellow guy did to a lady.

They will just make you feel bad.

someone said meagre 500k, forgetting that Alot of people will jump at ur feet if you dash them such amount.

So they even said meagre, the one that said miserly. If I tell you that it pained me eh, I'm not the one that loaned the money but it really pained me,

When the guy wanted to borrow money, was begging for it, was using it to get his business back on track it wasn't miserly, but when it came to paying back that's when it became miserly. chai!.

So much nonsense contained in one person's comment, that's why I had to tell her to ignore.

NoToPile that's how they behave. I stand by my words, let it be a lady that did what this man is doing, the comments will shock you that day.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by DICE234(m): 10:21am On Sep 22, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

MODIFIED: So many people quoting me to say nonsense, many of them ladies too.

The truth is often a bitter pill to swallow. Pray tell, if she cannot be understanding and supportive of her fiance, then what will happen if they get married and he encounters financial difficulties at a time?

Ladies, please and please, shun this mentality of "my money is my money, his money is our money." It is absolutely devilish and has no place in courtship or marriage. Little wonder marriages seem to be crashing like kites these days.

The guy is obviously dodging her calls cos he's not fully back on his feet to repay the loan, the statement she made that he's back in business is only from her own view of things and we all know entrepreneurs face a lot of business challenges that one cannot even begin to name here.

If something as basic and important as empathy, understanding and patience with your man in times of trouble is too hard for her to practice in a relationship headed for the alter, then she has absolutely no business getting married.

I'm this harsh on her cos she actually confirmed they would start marriage rites by November.

Absolutely no apologies for that.

Kudos to the guys that understand my post for what it really is.

God bless you. Only Entrepreneurs can relate
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2017
babe since he is your fiancee, any money you can't forget or leave for your fiancee i think you should not give it out. Since there is love in between, he may not really pay back on time.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 10:25am On Sep 22, 2017
Immee please be sensible this is my professional advice to you, text him and calm down. The guy is definitely feeling bad and that's why he has refused to pick your calls because he knows this exactly the irrational way you would react. Just stick with the text and NEVER threaten him with a breakup. Become a Lil bit more aggressive and most of all be supportive and understanding. Your actions and thoughts are not justifiable whatsoever. Because this is crazy
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by iomoge2(f): 10:28am On Sep 22, 2017
TheRealestGuy:

You are a callous and wicked person.

You aren't even sure if he's broken even, you're not trying to be supportive, you're not even giving him a few weeks to stabilize after some production problems. All you're after is your miserly 500k that you lent to him.

You don't ever deserve to be married cos your type will turn to Jezebel if your hubby ever has financial issues.

If he wanted to scam you, will it be 500K, don't you know he'll be looking for a way to get more?

I pray for that guy that he doesn't marry you cos you will make his life miserable if he ever has financial problems.

Funny thing is that most of y'all women are like this, always quick to collect everything possible but when it comes to giving it's a problem.

I hope you fall into wrong hands that will teach you a lesson of your life since you can't be supportive of your to be husband.

All the harshness was duly intended and I exercised restraint not to call you names.

MODIFIED: So many people quoting me to say nonsense, many of them ladies too.

The truth is often a bitter pill to swallow. Pray tell, if she cannot be understanding and supportive of her fiance, then what will happen if they get married and he encounters financial difficulties at a time?

Ladies, please and please, shun this mentality of "my money is my money, his money is our money." It is absolutely devilish and has no place in courtship or marriage. Little wonder marriages seem to be crashing like kites these days.

The guy is obviously dodging her calls cos he's not fully back on his feet to repay the loan, the statement she made that he's back in business is only from her own view of things and we all know entrepreneurs face a lot of business challenges that one cannot even begin to name here.

If something as basic and important as empathy, understanding and patience with your man in times of trouble is too hard for her to practice in a relationship headed for the alter, then she has absolutely no business getting married.

I'm this harsh on her cos she actually confirmed they would start marriage rites by November.

Absolutely no apologies for that.

Kudos to the guys that understand my post for what it really is.

I like u already

The lady is so impatient
Marriage is patience

Ready to lose a good man becos of 500k
Not that u borrowed it

Poster, u had better relax
And forget that money

I am a married woman and know what i am saying
Although i didnt give man money before martiage, but in marriage u forge ahead and support except u have a need for that money

Instead of giving n collecting back
Why not not tell at all

But then good guys are hard to come by
If u hve a good man
Hold him

500 or more isnt enough to lose a good man

Except he is cheating and spending on girls about then u can bring hell down

Else

Relax and breath and take things slowly

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Daeylar:

So they even said meagre, the one that said misery. If I tell you that it pained me eh, I'm not the one that loaned the money but it really pained me,

When the guy wanted to borrow money, was begging for it, was using it to get his business back on track it wasn't misery, but when it came to paying back that's when it became misery. chai!.

So much nonsense contained in one person's comment, that's why I had to tell her to ignore.

NoToPile that's how they behave. I stand by my words, let it be a lady that did what this man is doing, the comments will shock you that day.

Abeg shut up. Can't you women use your head for once. How can paying back after a business set back be equivalent to that. Immee this professional advice and I know why I'm saying this BE PATIENT, FOR THAT HE STILL TEXTING YOU. HE DOESN'T WANT TO FEEL BAD THAT'S WHY HE DOESN'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SAD AND DISAPPOINTED VOICE, JUST GIVE HIM TIME. ALL THESE USELESS LADIES DON'T EVEN UNDERSTAND THEMSELVES TALKLESS OF MEN. YOU BORROWING YOUR PARTNER MONEY IS PERFECTLY OK AS LONG AS YOU TRUST HIM
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 22, 2017
supersystemsnig:

We believe she is her husband. But which one be spirit of dead unborn baby bros?
aborted baby. I see relationship that she did abortion.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2017
iomoge2:

I like u already

The lady is so impatient
Marriage is patience

Not that u borrowed it

And forget that money

Although i didnt give man money before martiage, but in marriage u forge ahead and support except u have a need for that money

Why not not tell at all

If u hve a good man
Hold him

Else

Stop saying she should forget about the money. The dude is gonna pay her back. Your marriage is your marriage. Don't impose your ideas on her own relationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:34am On Sep 22, 2017
Jkfc:

aborted baby. I see relationship that she did abortion.

Really? I must have missed that part...
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:35am On Sep 22, 2017
iomoge2:

I like u already

The lady is so impatient
Marriage is patience

Not that u borrowed it

And forget that money

Why not not tell at all

If u hve a good man
Hold him

Else

Now this is the spirit.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:39am On Sep 22, 2017
DavidEsq:

Na dem; Yaba left escapee
God has saved your life from Health issues, relationship issues and financial issues once....
He'd do it again, but keep praying.
The lady your with... Hmmmm
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by gentlegenius(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Immee:
Hello fellow nairalanders, pls advise needed on this issue.

My bf and I have been together for a while now and planning on having our marriage introduction by November and marriage proper early next year.

Im an independent woman with a gud job. As a matter of fact, ive never made any financial request from this guy though he buys gift for me without requesting. He is doing well financially too, he runs a recycling factory while I work with a manufacturing company.

Things are working well between us since the relationship started untill recently when we had some business deals together ( my opinion though) cos I don't understand him anymore. He was broke at that time and needed to get some materials which he never budgeted for. He requested that I invest in his company by paying for those materials since they're coming cheap and he doesn't have enough to get them at that time and wouldn't want to loose the opportunity. I consented to the idea cos I knew he's business was very lucrative and that I'll get my money back with interest. He promised to be paying me a weekly dividend so I thought of giving 1 million naira. I made an instant transfer of 500k to his account as dts the maximum I can do daily without a token and I wasn't with it then.

The 2nd day dt I was suppose to send the remaining money, some issues occurred in his company in my presence. He had some major issues with some of the equipments in his factory. He had to stop productions for some days. So i with held the balance as it wont be neccesary since there was no production.While repairs were ongoing? I had to liase with some of my junior colleagues at work who are engineers to help my bf cos I found out he's engineer's aren't capable of handling the situation as dts the first time he would experience such. As God will have it operations started back in few days with the support of my engineers.

My concern now is since things went back to normal in my bf compan' he's yet to keep to his promise of the weekly dividend he said I would be receiving from the investment. As a matter of fact , things has changed between us cos he no longer call and hardly pick my calls. I communicate with him mostly thru SMS now since he wouldn't pick my calls. I'd sent messages to him to return my money without interest and he has promised to pay back with no time and date of when he's going to pay back. I even had plans of going to his place today since im off work so as to force him to go to the bank with him so DT I can get my money but he left the house early in the morning with excuses that he has a place to go and would return to my place after leaving there.

Pls guys how best can I get this money back from him cos I know he has it but playing pranks on me. I don't mind loosing my relationship with him as I don't trust him any longer.
No, he hasn't duped you. He will return your money when MMM returns my money.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 10:47am On Sep 22, 2017
rosalieene:

Even if they settle, the hurt would still be there, the trust would have died since

Was just trying to be optimistic for her sake
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 10:48am On Sep 22, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:

He asked His lover for financial support when passing thru hard times.

She gave half of the agreed sum with the excuse that His business is in a very bad shape that it might not recover from. (This is a massive eye opener. Now he can calculate the strength of any possible support she will ever give him. He also knows the conditions attached to their love now).

He decided to tag along in a bid to rescue his business (This is more or less the same as making a deal with the devil. No more strings attached. just get all the support you can & hope to have enough time to pay back).

Luck smiled on him when she brought in technical support from her end to salvage the situation. (This can be likened to a new investor pumping strength to his new investment to help it gain enough ground to rise again). This is not an act of love.

His business is back on its feet.

The loan shark is knocking on his door.

With time, I believe He will pay her back. But He won't be silly enough to make the mistake of settling down with a woman like this.

Issues like this make me scared of the gender I am supposed to call my help meet.

This the reason why women should think twice before lending money to their bf. This kind of reverse psychology and emotional blackmail.

He should return the money and stop avoiding her calls
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 10:53am On Sep 22, 2017
Yoshy:

I made a mistake of putting my money first in my relationship and it turned out bad. Forget the money for sometime, build the love back, try to understand his present situation. I understand he is not being emotionally available hence your concern about his loyalty, maybe he is stressed out cos of his situation, understand him first and if your findings proves he is out to dupe you, then you can use force to get your money back.

Which love? There is no love with the way he is acting. Get ur money if you can and move on. He is not trustworthy.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
supersystemsnig:

Really? I must have missed that part...
It's not there... I can see the past, future and present on a straight line. I see
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 10:56am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

Which love? There is no love with the way he is acting. Get ur money if you can and move on. He is not trustworthy.

This One is clearly foolish. This is why we have judges and advisers Cuz normal people are ignorant and clueless undecided
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 11:01am On Sep 22, 2017
Jkfc:

It's not there... I can see the past, future and present on a straight line. I see

You kidding me right?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

This the reason why women should think twice before lending money to their bf. This kind of reverse psychology and emotional blackmail.

He should return the money and stop avoiding her calls

If you think women are masters in reverse psychology...you have never seen men in action. They'll make you the bad one, and you'll try so hard to prove you're not like every other woman grin grin

When they can't get you in this spot, they tag you unsubmissive.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:16am On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

If you think women are masters in reverse psychology...you have never seen men in action. They'll make you the bad one, and you'll try so hard to prove you're not like every other woman grin grin

When they can't get you in this spot, they tag you unsubmissive.

Have you read her other threads? This woman is kinda a desperate woman and her other stories prove it. I can deduce from he personality that even here she is seeing problems where there are none.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Have you read her other threads? This woman is kinda a desperate woman and her other stories prove it. I can deduce from he personality that even here she is seeing problems where there are none.

If a guy borrows from you and act the same way, would you make this same comment?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:26am On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

LOL Trust me, the girl you quoted is a disturbed child grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Why can't you also deduce the guy noticed she is desperate and is cashing on it?

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:29am On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

This One is clearly foolish. This is why we have judges and advisers Cuz normal people are ignorant and clueless undecided

You are clearly a loose tongue without direction who thinks he can use insultive words on anyone. Better go and learn how to talk and disagree constructively and stop trying to be relevant by being abusive.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 11:30am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

You are clearly a loose tongue without direction who thinks he can use insultive words on anyone. Better go and learn how to talk and disagree constructively and stop trying to be relevant by being abusive.

Forget that one, im tongue dey very loosed...but somehow he talks other people are the one with issues... grin

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:31am On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Why can't you also deduce the guy noticed she is desperate and is cashing on it.

If the guy is rich 500k is not what he will scam her for. I might be wrong though.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:31am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

That's as constructive as your bullshît comment deserves. So swerve bîtch. Get some sense and understanding

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (27) (Reply)

Chilling 'tired And Weak' After Wizkid Concert Last Night - Photos / Nigerian Lady Proposes To Her Boy At A Mall And He Runs Away. She Cries (Video) / 10 Reasons Why Most Ladies Will Never Remain Virgins Till Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.