Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,808 members, 7,862,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 10:43 PM

I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? - Romance (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? (57359 Views)

How I Almost Gave My Life To Christ On My Way To Have Sex With A Man / Please Help. Is The Condition I Gave My Girlfriend Too Harsh? / "I Gave My Neighbor A Lift, 6 Months After We Got Married" - Man (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

LOL Trust me, the girl you quoted is a disturbed child grin

Hahaha. This women men issue for Naija no be here. I no want this kind wahala. Do you think these male female dynamics we see in Naija i.e no money, no love shit is in every society in the world or Naija na special case?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:33am On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

If you think women are masters in reverse psychology...you have never seen men in action. They'll make you the bad one, and you'll try so hard to prove you're not like every other woman grin grin

When they can't get you in this spot, they tag you unsubmissive.

I was referring to guys using reverse psychology and emotional blackmail on women.
He will make it seem like she doesn't love him or she is not being understanding. "Is it because you gave me money?"...blah blah blah...
I have experienced this OP's situation and my former colleague has too. Both didn't end well.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:36am On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

That's as constructive as your bullshît comment deserves. So swerve bîtch. Get some sense and understanding

If i am a bitch, so is your mother. Grow up boy. Talk like you have sense. I doubt you can make a statement without vulgarity.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by pocohantas(f): 11:38am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

I was referring to guys using reverse psychology and emotional blackmail on women.
He will make it seem like she doesn't love him or she is not being understanding. "Is it because you gave me money?"...blah blah blah...
I have experienced this OP's situation and my former colleague has too. Both didn't end well.

Believe me...I know their tricks. They are more skilled at their own, you won't even know what's happening. Unlike women that drop all their ego to beg...men will hold on to their own like oxygen, then you the woman will be looking for a way to fuel it for him. You have to show love na, you have to show you're different from the materialistic Naija women... grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:40am On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Forget that one, im tongue dey very loosed...but somehow he talks other people are the one with issues... grin

I have noticed.

He should better avoid me if he wants to be a dirty mouth.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Yoshy: 11:44am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

Which love? There is no love with the way he is acting. Get ur money if you can and move on. He is not trustworthy.

Well, it's from a guys point of view, maybe you girls understand better.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

Believe me...I know their tricks. They are more skilled at their own, you won't even know what's happening. Unlike women that drop all their ego to beg...men will hold on to their own like oxygen, then you the woman will be looking for a way to fuel it for him. You have to show love na, you have to show you're different from the materialistic Naija women... grin

Lol @ showing love. I became very alert to things like that. My colleague's ex even moved out of his studio and house after she lent him money and refused to pay. She is still looking for him. And mine, a different story...he is probably in Bermuda triangle cos he just disappeared.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:47am On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Hahaha. This women men issue for Naija no be here. I no want this kind wahala. Do you think these male female dynamics we see in Naija i.e no money, no love shit is in every society in the world or Naija na special case?

[b]LOL. trust me it's everywhere. It's in every society but it differs from place to place. In the usa it's way worse. Some Asian countries have the lowest but Naija's own I gotta tell you it's very high. I don't blame ladies that much for having that feeling but all of them have blown the stuff out of proportion. The female mind is very easy to understand and very very easy to manipulate. That's why she has flipped so easily from love to no love without hardcore evidence. Like I see these things everyday. She's not the first and she won't be the last. Humans not just women are so easily influenced by stereotype. They think "learn from past experiences means you should shut out the present issue" to many people it's white and black and this is the most stupid way of reasoning. Women are highly irrational so they can't towards a grey area. If it's not white then it should be black like WTF? grin sha like I said earlier and I'll say it again. MEN MUST MANIPULATE WOMEN BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES. IN SOME CASES NEVER TELL A WOMAN THE HONEST TO GOD TRUTH. WOMEN CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES. DON'T LIE BUT DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION NEVER TELL ALL OF THE TRUTH. As I am now nothing a woman says does thinks or acts can surprise me. Women ask me sometimes how I'm able to handle them and get THEM LOL and its simple. I understand them more than themselves. It's your duty as a man to understand your woman Cuz they are like your little babies you must guide. If you neglect a child, the child will go crazy. Same thing with women. Dude fûcked up by not picking her calls but I understand why. It's wrong tho but I understand it and now the lady is making an even bigger mistake(as expected) and that is she is acting on her emotions. This is how ALL women are their emotions always control their heads but if she can just be rational for just this once she'll be grateful grin[/b]

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:48am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

If i am a bitch, so is your mother. Grow up boy. Talk like you have sense. I doubt you can make a statement without vulgarity.

Bîtch FÛCK off grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:49am On Sep 22, 2017
Yoshy:

LOL. NEVER BELIEVE WOMEN UNDERSTAND BETTER. NEVER! grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:50am On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Bîtch FÛCK off grin

See what parental negligence causes...producing children that become nuisance to the society.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 11:52am On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

[b]LOL. trust me it's everywhere. It's in every society but it differs from place to place. In the usa it's way worse. Some Asian countries have the lowest but Naija's own I gotta tell you it's very high. I don't blame ladies that much for having that feeling but all of them have blown the stuff out of proportion. The female mind is very easy to understand and very very easy to manipulate. That's why she has flipped so easily from love to no love without hardcore evidence. Like I see these things everyday. She's not the first and she won't be the last. Humans not just women are so easily influenced by stereotype. They think "learn from past experiences means you should shut out the present issue" to many people it's white and black and this is the most stupid way of reasoning. Women are highly irrational so they can't towards a grey area. If it's not white then it should be black like WTF? grin sha like I said earlier and I'll say it again. MEN MUST MANIPULATE WOMEN BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES. IN SOME CASES NEVER TELL A WOMAN THE HONEST TO GOD TRUTH. WOMEN CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES. DON'T LIE BUT DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION NEVER TELL ALL OF THE TRUTH. As I am now nothing a woman says does thinks or acts can surprise me. Women ask me sometimes how I'm able to handle them and get THEM LOL and its simple. I understand them more than themselves. It's your duty as a man to understand your woman Cuz they are like your little babies you must guide. If you neglect a child, the child will go crazy. Same thing with women. Dude fûcked up by not picking her calls but I understand why. It's wrong tho but I understand it and now the lady is making an even bigger mistake(as expected) and that is she is acting on her emotions. This is how ALL women are their emotions always control their heads but if she can just be rational for just this once she'll be grateful grin[/b]

Man you are good. U said the truth. I dey plan use this nairaland look for babes for other African countries o like Ethiopia. People there are very conservative about this whole male and female ish. Naija don go gaga.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 11:53am On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

See what parental negligence causes...producing children that are a nuisance to the society.

Who is this ÎMBECILE. Bîtch swerve jare grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 11:57am On Sep 22, 2017
Yoshy:

The fact that he is being elusive and not even picking up or returning calls is cause for concern. I don't know if men find it particularly difficult to return money they borrow from their women because most of the women i have related with never get their money back.

The men either disappear or start trying to use love and marriage to cover up. They could even become abusive towards her, saying she is not a virtuous woman...blah blah blah.
Let him borrow from his friends instead or they sign a contract with witnesses.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 12:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Who is this ÎMBECILE. Bîtch swerve jare grin

You almost sounded intelligent but your dumbness has been unmasked. You need more vocabulary "Mr Bitch"
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 12:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

Lol @ showing love. I became very alert to things like that. My colleague's ex even moved out of his studio and house after she lent him money and refused to pay. She is still looking for him. And mine, a different story...he is probably in Bermuda triangle cos he just disappeared.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ignore that one quoting you jor, that's how he has been quoting me and everyone else, he is ignored forever grin grin grin grin grin let him get the attention he is desperately craving for from else where,

I want a guy to come and say his wife to be who he loaned money is behaving exactly like the guy in this story, I want to laugh at the hypocrisy of most nairaland men. That's the day that you will know that what the guy in this story is doing is wrong.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 12:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Man you are good. U said the truth. I dey plan use this nairaland look for babes for other African countries o like Ethiopia. People there are very conservative about this whole male and female ish. Naija don go gaga.

LOL. it might be hard to find them here sha. Just do a little travelling. Go to facebook or instagram Or tinder Go to their forums as well, I'm sure they'll have some. Be careful tho cuz some might just be after your money. I suggest you try the middle east like Israel and Iran OR Egypt Algeria. Ethiopia, Cameroon, and some European countries like Ukraine. There are still lil Naija ladies that are cool. GET YOURSELF EQUIPPED TO HANDLE WOMEN WITH TIME YOU'LL FIGURE THEM OUT. Take note in as much as women are similar, their INDIVIDUAL differences are important. Now this lady has reacted badly to this. Another woman can react badly but in a different way. It's good to know each woman independently having in mind their similarities . No leave our Naija girls. You must take your time and study them. At first you might be confused but later you'll imbibe. HERE'S ONE OF MY TEN GOLDEN RULES. I LOVE THIS ONE BECAUSE IT APPLIES TO ALL SITUATIONS. IT'S VERY SIMPLE: THINK DEEPLY AND ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF, THE OTHER PERSON AND THE SITUATION QUESTIONS. SMART QUESTIONS grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by ImaIma1(f): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Daeylar:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ignore that one quoting you jor, that's how he has been quoting me and everyone else, he is ignored forever grin grin grin grin grin let him get the attention he is desperately craving for from else where,

I want a guy to come and say his wife to be who he loaned money is behaving exactly like the guy in this story, I want to laugh at the hypocrisy of most nairaland men. That's the day that you will know that what the guy in this story is doing is wrong.

I will ignore the child.

Men here are too quick to just attack women even when the man is CLEARLY at fault. They didn't even acknowledge that she gave him the money. I don't know how they think.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 12:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

You almost sounded intelligent but your dumbness has been unmasked. You need more vocabulary "Mr Bitch"

Bîtch swerve na grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 12:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
UDIOK:
This is a case of a fiancee she is talking about here not just an ordinary boyfriend ......Wisdom is profitable to direct....the N500K dilema could be a strong test against their sustainability of the relationship if she doesn't handle well
Really? What test? Why test her in that manner? What's he trying to prove? People are very cautious & sceptical when the issue of money come up. A lot of friendships have gone sour cos of money matter. So what did you really expect her to do here? Understand him? Give him more time? Sympathise with him? Don't you think anyone who has the good mind to lend 500k to you could still do all those things? If only he let her in on what was happening which is the bone of contention...

Again, what if she's the one testing him? Would you really say he passed? Or is it only guys that are allowed to test ladies?

Oh & by the way, she didn't really call him fiancé or did she? She said boyfriend. That she said they want to start marriage stuffs doesn't mean they are engaged or that their families know them as fiancé & fiancée.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

LOL. it might be hard to find them here sha. Just do a little travelling. Go to facebook or instagram Or tinder Go to their forums as well, I'm sure they'll have some. Be careful tho cuz some might just be after your money. I suggest you try the middle east like Israel and Iran OR Egypt Algeria. Ethiopia, Cameroon, and some European countries like Ukraine. There are still lil Naija ladies that are cool. GET YOURSELF EQUIPPED TO HANDLE WOMEN WITH TIME YOU'LL FIGURE THEM OUT. Take note in as much as women are similar, their INDIVIDUAL differences are important. Now this lady has reacted badly to this. Another woman can react badly but in a different way. It's good to know each woman independently having in mind their similarities . No leave our Naija girls. You must take your time and study them. At first you might be confused but later you'll imbibe. HERE'S ONE OF MY TEN GOLDEN RULES. I LOVE THIS ONE BECAUSE IT APPLIES TO ALL SITUATIONS. IT'S VERY SIMPLE: THINK DEEPLY AND ALWAYS ASK YOURSELF, THE OTHER PERSON AND THE SITUATION QUESTIONS. SMART QUESTIONS grin

I roll well with Nigerian women well because I
am still single and I don't see my parole as do or die but marriage na different rules and expectations. God go help us sha.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

[b]LOL. trust me it's everywhere. It's in every society but it differs from place to place. In the usa it's way worse. Some Asian countries have the lowest but Naija's own I gotta tell you it's very high. I don't blame ladies that much for having that feeling but all of them have blown the stuff out of proportion. The female mind is very easy to understand and very very easy to manipulate. That's why she has flipped so easily from love to no love without hardcore evidence. Like I see these things everyday. She's not the first and she won't be the last. Humans not just women are so easily influenced by stereotype. They think "learn from past experiences means you should shut out the present issue" to many people it's white and black and this is the most stupid way of reasoning. Women are highly irrational so they can't towards a grey area. If it's not white then it should be black like WTF? grin sha like I said earlier and I'll say it again. MEN MUST MANIPULATE WOMEN BECAUSE THEY DON'T KNOW THEMSELVES. IN SOME CASES NEVER TELL A WOMAN THE HONEST TO GOD TRUTH. WOMEN CAN'T CONTROL THEMSELVES. DON'T LIE BUT DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION NEVER TELL ALL OF THE TRUTH. As I am now nothing a woman says does thinks or acts can surprise me. Women ask me sometimes how I'm able to handle them and get THEM LOL and its simple./b] I understand them more than themselves. It's your duty as a man to understand your woman Cuz they are like your little babies you must guide. If you neglect a child, the child will go crazy. Same thing with women. Dude fûcked up by not picking her calls but I understand why. It's wrong tho but I understand it and now the lady is making an even bigger mistake(as expected) and that is she is acting on her emotions. This is how ALL women are their emotions always control their heads but if she can just be rational for just this once she'll be grateful grin
@ embolden, self-agrandisement has eaten deep into this one. grin Guys your type don't even know how to woo ladies but you glorify yourselves on NL. Delusion of grandeur!.

Your assertion that "Men must play women" is a fallacy. More often than not, in relationships it's usually the party that loves more that gets played, and it's not gender based. You could be wise to a particular lady while in the eyes of another you're a fool and vice versa, so come off your high horse.

2 Likes

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 12:19pm On Sep 22, 2017
pocohantas:

If you think women are masters in reverse psychology...you have never seen men in action. They'll make you the bad one, and you'll try so hard to prove you're not like every other woman grin grin

When they can't get you in this spot, they tag you unsubmissive.
Exactly! You know them very well.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by LordKO(m): 12:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
@OP

Don't allow anyone to guilt trip you into believing that you're wrong with your actions. For one, a debtor remains a slave to his creditor until he redeems his pledge, therefore, it behove on him to pacify you, either by reimbursing you within the agreed time frame or give you cogent reason why you should grant him more grace of time to enable him reimburse you (in case if he's not in good financial stead yet). What you owe him (if he comes out clean) at this point in time is understanding since both of you had a romantic relationship. His said acts of avoiding effective communications with you in particular and keeping you in suspense in general smack of ungratefulness and conceit on his part - whether he has genuine intentions or not is irrelevant.

As for those talking about "men ego" as they reason for his irritating attitude, didn't he realize that he has ego problem before he solicited for the financial assistance/partnership from her? I mean, only small-minded people exhibits ego - effacement and humbleness remains the best recipe for any sane person (business person or not) that wishes to attain a greater height in the business world in particular and life in general. It's unfortunate that small-minded people do mistake virtues like self-effacing, humbleness, sincerity and compassion as signs of weakness on the side of one that possesses them. In fact, the worst mistake someone of the noble leanings can ever make is having someone of the small-minded leanings as a partner/friend.

Loyalty is like a two-way traffic light, its reciprocal. People should stop mixing up disingenuousness for cleverness. Someone that ethically doesn't merit a loan from another isn't worth keeping closely - I dislike small-minded people. So also as one who can't extend a loan to his prudential partner/friend isn't worth keeping closely too - self-centered and selfish people irritates me. Whenever I look around what I normally see are frenemies that disguises themselves as partners/friends; Pretense, disingenuousness, feeble-mindedness and hypocrisy are the order of the day.

On the flip side, it's irritatingly appalling that many (both sexes) has turned this forum to their aggression visit ground. If someone somewhere betrayed/dumped you - with or without your making - that shouldn't be reason enough to develop needless hatred for the opposite sex or being biased when an issue relating to an opposite sex is being discussed. A thread like this shouldn't be a battle ground for people with bitter life experience or misandrists or misogynists or chauvinists.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Daeylar(f): 12:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
ImaIma1:

I will ignore the child.

Men here are too quick to just attack women even when the man is CLEARLY at fault. They didn't even acknowledge that she gave him the money. I don't know how they think.

It's sad. They want to blame her by all means. They don't know that they just end up disgracing themselves
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 12:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. Almost all Nigerian men spend nothing less than 20% of their pay on their women and very few talk about it in the open. So Nigerian men no dey cast. There is a reason Kenyan and SA wome dey rush us.
Really! I didn't know o..it seems I have been meeting the wrong type of guys then. shocked
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 12:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

I roll well with Nigerian women well because I
am still single and I don't see my parole as do or die but marriage na different rules and expectations. God go help us sha.

LOL marriage is same rules and expectations. You've got to keep on going the same way with a lil spicing here and there. Heaven helps those who helps themselves grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by thesuave10(m): 12:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
kimbraa:
@ embolden, self-agrandisement has eaten deep into this one. grin Guys your type don't even know how to woo ladies but you glorify yourselves on NL. Delusion of grandeur!.

Your assertion that "Men must play women" is a fallacy. More often than not, in relationships it's usually the party that loves more that gets played, and it's not gender based. You could be wise to a particular lady while in the eyes of another you're a fool and vice versa, so come off your high horse.

Haha grin. No p. Just pray I don't jam you in the real world wink

I didn't say men play women more. I said is that men must play women that is, the ideal thing should be men playing women and not the other way round. A man should always be the one playing the woman. As regards which one occurs more which was not my case. Men play more. Women are ten times easier to deceive and manipulate. We have cases were men get played but most times it's usually women and it's a gender thing because that's how women have been programmed. Now back again to my main point which is the IDEAL SITUATION SHOULD BE MEN PLAYING WOMEN grin grin
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by FA13(m): 12:39pm On Sep 22, 2017
Only what concerned you is the money you might lose.
He will lucky not to have you.
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
thesuave10:

Haha grin. No p. Just pray I don't jam you in the real world wink

I didn't say men play women more. I said is that men must play women that is, the ideal thing should be men playing women and not the other way round. A man should always be the one playing the woman. As regards which one occurs more which was not my case. Men play more. Women are ten times easier to deceive and manipulate. We have cases were men get played but most times it's usually women and it's a gender thing because that's how women have been programmed. Now back again to my main point which is the IDEAL SITUATION SHOULD BE MEN PLAYING WOMEN grin grin
You can't jam me in life 'cause I no be mumu. Secondly, when a guy tries too hard to prove to people he's something only means he's nothing.

They only class of women who get easily fooled are the desperate ones, while a man who truly loves or a lady who truly loves could get fooled 'cause love clouds ones judgement.

1 Like

Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by Maduawuchukwu(m): 12:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
MissJoy29:

Really! I didn't know o..it seems I have been meeting the wrong type of guys then. shocked
Lol. If I hear. Almost everyman I know gives his girl good money relative to his pocket. How u take be exception?
Re: I Gave My Boyfriend N500k, Has He Duped Me? by MissJoy29(f): 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
Maduawuchukwu:

Lol. If I hear. Almost everyman I know gives his girl good money relative to his pocket. How u take be exception?
Hmmmm...you won't understand. But I'm serious.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Man Earns N170k As A Sex Staff To A Nympho In Nigeria - Twitter User Reveals / The 7 Most Common Lies Women Tell In Relationships / No Guts No Glory (upload Ur Pretty Faces Without Makeup)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.