Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? (83927 Views)

Deeper Life Bible Church: Facts No One Would Tell You About The Church / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is The Deeper Life Bible Church A Cult ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by NoToPile: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
Wanice:
Abeg stop that thing jo. This deeper life wedding was this month.

Another nice picture.

Its not until all your breast comes out and your contours in showing and you face is caked before you can look fine
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
greenhulk:

Just an observation. Did Jesus not travel on a donkey and women had to put their cloaths on the ground for Him to step on. If u ask me going by today's standard that is equivalent to riding in a limousine with red carpet. I don't see a crime in looking good on ur day of celebration.

grin grin grin

Yeah, sure!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Ukeachu1(m): 8:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Wanice:
Abeg stop that thing jo. This deeper life wedding was this month.

This post should have been the end of this thread. Shame on many that hates the truth and love falsehood
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
D33VA:

Sorry I don't argue with the stupid.
ha ha ha see these enwe
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Dbisector(m): 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
missyadorable:
I can't believe this

FTC..First time ever!

Well @ OP....No answer to your question from me
so, you dey collect salary forit
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Rozaytee: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
Cus it looks like a burial ceremony...bride looks like she is mourning her husband
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Klington: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2017
princechurchill:
Deeper life wedding is equivalent to a wicked man's burial

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tripoli007(m): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
miketayo:

Forgave* oga

Teacher thanks for your Correction,but who English help ?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by allaboutobed(m): 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
Shuuu. How u take know
obainojazz:
And the only position allowed for their members is 'The Missionary Style'.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by vislabraye(m): 8:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
deturla:
I was all over the Internet when I stumbled on a post made by Naijasinglegirl on a Deeper Life wedding she attended and the comments on the content shocked me!

See the Number 1 picture below as shared on NSG and the comments that followed afterwards:

My friend got married in a deeper life church. No make up, no earrings, they exchanged bibles and not rings, the wife covered her hair. Her wedding gown was like it once belonged to her granny. She endured all these assault. She only showed her true colour when they wouldn’t let her family into the church on grounds that they were too ‘flashy’. She told the husband in front of the pastor to call his church to order or the wedding was off! Her family must witness her wedding or no wedding at all. The groom saw that she was serious and called to pastor aside, the family was then allowed to enter. The funniest part was after the wedding, she refused to snap any pictures. We no even know sey her sister brot her make up kit and jewelry, even a beautiful wedding gown was waiting in the car. She just disappeared for like 30 mins and returned transformed. We all couldn’t believe our eyes! She said she was now ready to snap pictures. The pastor got angry and left. She no even mind. I later asked her why she did that. She said na husband she marry, she no marry church. Her husband knew about the plan. He didn’t really approve but she made him know that dressing like her grandmother on her wedding will not make her a better wife in his house. And being beautiful and trendy will not make her the worst wife in his house.

See another comment by another Nigerian girl:

Nawa oo. This wedding pics makes me terribly depressed, almost scaring me away from marriage. Dear Lord pls come to Cherryðoc’s aid. Tell me that when the time comes she won’t insist we marry in Deeper Life. Pls tell me it would be all I have ever dreamed of. Lord give me sign!

Another comment yet again:

My uncle married a lady from Deeper Life, but apparently her dad was excommunicated from the church because he let his daughter marry an Anglican �. This was after making my uncle drag his priest to meet their pastor.
I thought we were serving the same God.

My question is, are there issues with the wedding doctrines of Deeper Life church? Why do we have a lot of grievances on the part of Nigerian ladies with respect to the doctrines of Deeper life on weddings.

If you were the bride and you were given commandments to follow being a member of a deeper life church, will you cancel your wedding because of this?

Have you been to a Deeper life wedding before, and you can relate to the above deeper life wedding pictures? Share your comments below!

http://deedeesblog.com/deeper-life-wedding-pictures/

This is so funny cos pastor Kumuyi's son had a lavish wedding in Jamaica. The bride wore jewelleries of all sorts, she had makeup on, white gown etc.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
walesalak:
I was surprised when i heard they dont rub creme, perfumes and pomade to outings and i was like shocked shocked shocked
It's a sin to them nah cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by MrMcJay(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
The mistake most people make are that they focus on the wedding and ignore the marriage.

Have you noticed that Deeper Life couples have one of the lowest rates of divorce in Nigeria?

To each his own, but Deeper Life has a formula that is sure working well for its members.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Klington: 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tripoli007(m): 8:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
NoToPile:

Another nice picture.

Its not until all your breast comes out and your contours in showing and you face is caked before you can look fine

Did kumuyis son not violate all of that,did you see pictures of his sons wife ,d Jamaican lady ,emancipate yourself from mental slavery ,a lady deserves the right to contour and do all of that its her day one in a lifetime event

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tosyne2much(m): 8:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
delugajackson:

Jeez. If they don't off their clothes, then that's the worst form of torture. I'd rather stay single. grin grin
I don laugh die cheesy
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by An2elect2(f): 8:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
When I joined deeper life some years back before leaving for my life, I gave out all my beautiful clothes to please my so called deeper life brethren who were not pleased with them but I saved my earrings and jewelries. I was born again, very zealous and was ready to give my life for these people but they were still not pleased because I still had my earrings which they saw as a sign of worldliness.

When I understood the grace of God in truth and how it resonated with my salvation experience, I came to see what deeper life stands for. Deeper life stands for the best self righteous persons, moralists, hypocrites and not for Christ. Deeper life stands for anti Christ, hatred for the gospel. Deeper life means the congregation of those who deem Christ's death on the cross as nonsensical, foolishness and vain. In deeper life you are craftly and gradually taught to trust in your goodness and not in Christ's goodness. You are even taught how to smartly call your self righteous works the work of God's grace. You are subtly taught to hate the grace of God and rely on your strength.

I did not get saved in deeper life. I didn't even get saved in a "church" but all my stay in deeper life they gave me the impression that they were the only Christians in the world (O my, and it's not even a Christian church), imagine that kind of pride!

After leaving deeper life, I studied Mr Kumuyi's biography, I read how he became a "Christian and a pastor" and I wasn't surprised. He was just a good boy with charisma who knew about Bible stories and people thought that qualified him to become a Christian and a minister.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by NoToPile: 8:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
tripoli007:

Did kumuyis son not violate all of that,did you see pictures of his sons wife ,d Jamaican lady ,emancipate yourself from mental slavery ,a lady deserves the right to contour and do all of that its her day one in a lifetime event

Lool

Check kumiyis daughter in laws picture from the link below and if you can see breast and contours come back and quote me.

I am not even a deeper life member, the reason I m replying you is because what you just said is a lie.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330381/pastor-kumuyis-son-ties-knot

I have sent you the link of a 2013 thread that contains the wedding pix. If u can see breast and contours let me know.

People posting lies everywhere.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by NoToPile: 8:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
tripoli007:

Young man ,have you forgotten kumuyis son wedding ,the bride wore a gown with her breast out ,he was excommunicated from the church and after 1 month ,the father forgived him .. Dey there

Lies lies

Show us the picture with the breasts out. I saw this comment and decided to ignore it initially , then you had to quote me to state pure lies.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by bellazz(m): 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Buhari Is A Terrorist
wetin concern buhari for this matter now
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by mtngloetiartel: 8:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
wristbangle:
I am sorry to say but I can't marry a deeper life lady whether socially oriented or not. I can't bare a lady wearing parashute with stench of armpit smell due to over covering her body.

Atimes I wonder how their couples enjoy sex. A deeper life member told me no pre-intimacy, no preamble, they don't even off their shirt during sex sad undecided

gringrin
this one weakest me. Abeg wetin go happen if dem comot cloth during sex? Somebody should be there to refree them? I swear dis so called deeper life...
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
motun2017:
as a girl born and brought up in deeperlife i can tell you. you dont wanna wish your eneemy dt kind of wedding (funeral) mtcheew
lmao, my sisters had to leave that church for rccg, i can't imagine being a friend with a deeper life sister grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by kcmichael: 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
It's well

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by iamKeo(m): 8:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
LordIsaac:
I just saw the sample of opinions on this issue. Hmmm....Christ was right oooo...Narrow is truly the way to eternal life and FEW are found therein. In my opinion, for people who are not hypocritical about this moɗest attire, I commend them. I will choose this over anything that would please a thousand "slay queens.''

be true to yourself oh
no come here come lie
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Honourable1901(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
[quote author=PoliticalThuG post=60823210]Buhari Is A Terrorist[/quote...] ode oshi
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
ladykolly:
hey hey! hold it der, so makeup has made her nt to be born again, brother deeper life stop judging and study your bible wella

Sis.... That's a simple fact.... I know many will oppose it, buy it doesn't change that fact.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 8:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
Nedsnow:

I swear... to slap you just dey hungry me. I no just know why. I have been preventing myself from quoting any stupid post for a long while now but yours got me out of my shell. You mumu no be small

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by tripoli007(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
NoToPile:

Lool

Check kumiyis daughter in laws picture from the link below and if you can see breast and contours come back and quote me.

I am not even a deeper life member, the reason I m replying you is because what you just said is a lie.

https://www.nairaland.com/1330381/pastor-kumuyis-son-ties-knot

I have sent you the link of a 2013 thread that contains the wedding pix. If u can see breast and contours let me know.

People posting lies everywhere.

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by Oluwaseyi00(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
miketayo:

Taaa!!! Ur dress nd make up determines God standard? God is more concerned about ur heart nd not d physical

Doesn't the secular world even quote that "appearance shows manner"?? undecided
My bro he's also after the physical coupled with the spiritual....

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by miketayo(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
KardinalZik:

The Bible talks about "...the attire of an harlot...." in Proverbs 7:10.
Like someone once said, 'our dress describe who we are: our outside radiates the contents of our inside'. Therefore God is also concerned about the physical.

Who said our dress describes who we r? Don't judge a book by its cover. I m sure bikini's on a beach or pool is the attire of s harlot too undecided
Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 8:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
bamysquare:
stop posting nonsense here, deeper life will never stop anybody from entering the church, even Muslims are allow not to talk about the bride's family.
...and that your friend is nothing but an hypocrite...U can dress soo beautiful and moderately deeper life are not against than....
Remember that the marriage is more important than wedding and the way u Start Your marriage matters..I seriously pity a marriage built on hypocrisy..
Mk

picture of the deeper life wedding I recently attended
Don't mind them
They are just saying rubbish and lies

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Girls Complain About Deeper Life Weddings? by JoshMedia: 8:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ukeachu1:

See as you just disgraced our enemies. You should have allowed dem rant a little more. It's painfully sweet when they have a go at the issue. Especially the ugly gals dat thinks poster colour wud save dem on their wedding day.
Nice one!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Salvation Ministries Port Harcourt is a FRAUD!!! / Searching & Sharing Chat / ‘Face To Face With Lucifer’: TB Joshua's Meeting With Lucifer Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.