Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:51 AM

What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? (55787 Views)

What Immediately Tells You That A Person Had A Traumatic Past? / Share Your Funniest, Scariest And Surprising Experiences In Life Here. / When Was The Scariest Moment Of Your Life? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by fk001(m): 10:29pm On Oct 02, 2017
My scariest moment was in 2013 during Ramadan, i visited my mom in Maiduguri because she works there at that time, unfortunately for me i came at the wrong time because BH were reigning that year and every blessed day they must kill 2 or more civil servants they don't care whether you are Christian or Muslim as long as you are a civil servant you are in their radar.

It was around 11:30pm we were in the living room, watching one movie like that with a very low tune, we were very alert because my mom knew that she was one of their target and she was expecting them anytime, suddenly we heard a knock on the glass door, i was already dozing off in 3 sitter couch, when my mom tapped me to wake up, immediately i woke up i heard the knock again, so i crawl and swipe the cotton, then i saw 3 men with mask holding Ak47 each, the first thing that came to my mind is i was wearing a 3 quarter camo, so i immediately changed it.

To cut the long story short, i gathered the courage and open the door, they told us to all come out and face the ground, we obeyed to my surprise i thought they will shoot me instantly without hesitation but they did not, they just asked straight question where is the woman of the house, my mom told them she is, then they start unnecessary preaching................

hmmm I don't want to type anymore.

But the next day the aftermath was not good, our gatemen throat was slitted.

I promised myself never to set my foot there again, I always thank God for my life, i have never thought in my life i will be held at gun point.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by misskenny(f): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
This stories are so scary. I don't have any to share. I pray to God to give peace to those that shared theirs. sad sad[size=8pt][/size]

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Hotzone(m): 10:33pm On Oct 02, 2017
Watching army kill IPOB youths during Python dance2
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Mznaett: 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
This world is scary...

For every comment here, I say it is well...

No doubt, we've all have our own share of sadness and pains...

And to all those who have lost their loved ones in one way or the other, please take heart.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by cyborg123(m): 10:35pm On Oct 02, 2017
This is an emotionally stressful thread. My heart goes out to everyone who have lost people dear to them. May you find consolation.

27 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by KennedicalEnergy(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine Was On 12th September, 2003. My Elder Brother And I Were Going To Grind Cassava. We Had Already Crossed The Road, When I Heard A Deafening Noise Behind Me, I Saw My Brother Running And I Had To Run Also. He Ran Towards The Left And I Ran Towards The Right. The Next Thing I Saw Was The Shattered Brain Of My Elder Brother, Chinedu. That Lorry Killed Him Instantly. The Driver Ran Away. I Ran Home Crying. I Went And Told My Parents What Happened.

10 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by bong4(m): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
Hmm...all what i just read made me sober. I thank God for His Mercies and protection over the years. I recall witnessing my uncle set the house on fire and later on cut his throat with a bottle. A very gentleman for that matter. This was 1986, July 17. On my sister's birthday.

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Odawayii(f): 10:36pm On Oct 02, 2017
The most traumatised moment was on 9/11/2013 when my brother died right before me at Lasuth Ikeja after 23 days of sleepless nights with him in the hospital, going for dialysis at Dialysier Oshodi twice a week. Rest on Francis. The most scared moment was on 7/8/2012, when I had ruptured tube ( Ectopic pregnancy) around 11.45pm and about 3 hospitals rejected me from Mobonike Dopenu to Lasuth Ikeja down to General hospital Agege and finally Island maternity were the surgery was carried out within the space of 30 minutes because I was already weak. my BP went down as low as 55/45. I bleeded for about 3 hours, and l passed away. I thought I was dead but God being so kind brought me
back to life through praise and worship song I heard from the background. I opened my eyes and told my husband who was bedside me that I'm alive. I'm trying so hard to forget this 2 events but no way.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by mayowa558: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
I can't forget that day
I was travelling from Kano to Ibadan that night.
It was around 2am, a motorcyclist just ran into a trailer and immediately the man head was crushed and his brain was scattered on the road.
It eventually caused traffic on the road that night.
I was just shivering in the car that day, it was so scary.

4 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Mznaett: 10:37pm On Oct 02, 2017
sonofluc1fer:
Going to the airport to pick my siblings. Plane crashed.

Hmm...

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by JamesReacher(m): 10:38pm On Oct 02, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

Bro, scary thing oo.
I saw one ticket today, 30games #200naira stake to get 10Million o, d guy dey nurse am since 3weeks. Last game was liverpool to win against newcastle (yesterday). The guy had option of cashing out 4Million but got greedy, wanted 10M, now he got nothing!
Share me the booking code guy abeg
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Emytea(m): 10:39pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was on 17 dec 2000, when my mother was on d sick bed vomiting blood, and by then she and my dad ave divorce so i was by her side, taking care of her ,all of a sudden a wife to my mommy brother came to call me and all of a sudden she has being giving some certain amount of money by my dad to kidnap me bt to God b d glory that nite i escape and run back to d hospital but imediatly i enter d hospital my mom just died, xo painful dat i ave always vowed to retaliate

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by olamil34(m): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
HarmonyDee:
i was quite young then, i saw a girl `cant remember what happened' she was bleeding she sat in a pool of her blood...dying
and people were just looking
this is why i gave up on humanity
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Crixina(f): 10:40pm On Oct 02, 2017
Abeg this thread is so sad
I'm out of here!
To all those who have lost loved ones, may the pain fade completely away while the good memories you shared fill your hearts with peace.

14 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by bishopdave(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was the day I was that my mother is dead......I was in Jss2 den ( bolding school) after our third term exam, I took 2nd position. ..(school close on friday, i decided to travel on sunday) on Saturday I got a call from home through my school mother that I should report home immediately that they are celebrating my success....with the mind set to see my mum and siblings after many months ...on getting home I was told by my senoir sister that our mother is dead. . leaving only five of us in this world. ....no fada no mother. ......meeeeehn that I day was like a dream even now am yet to fully believe it.

8 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by kayo80(m): 10:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
bong4:
Hmm...all what i just read made me sober. I thank God for His Mercies and protection over the years. I recall witnessing my uncle set the house on fire and later on cut his throat with a bottle. A very gentleman for that matter. This was 1986, July 17. On my sister's birthday.

Whoa! This sounds like something out of an American horror movie. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Mznaett: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
KennedicalEnergy:
Mine Was In 12th September, 2003. My Elder Brother And I Were Going To Grind Cassava. We Had Already Crossed The Road, When I Heard A Deafening Noise Behind Me, I Saw My Brother Running And I Had To Run Also. He Ran Towards The Left And I Ran Towards The Right. The Next Thing I Saw Was The Shattered Brain Of My Elder Brother, Chinedu. That Lorry Killed Him Instantly. The Driver Ran Away. I Ran Home Crying. I Went And Told My Parents What Happened.

Jesus! I need to leave this thread now.

I'm already weak reading people's stories...

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Christeety: 10:44pm On Oct 02, 2017
BornnAgainChild:
Loosing my bro and dad cry to death right in my hands

So sad. Pls take heart.
May God continue to strengthen you.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by tosyne2much(m): 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Ninethmare:

My brother, what tottenham did to me that day, am still traumatized.
115K Just imagine
Tottenham na bastard now.. They disappoint you when you least expected cheesy
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by anthonyuncle(m): 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
wen I was 8yrs old,my mum(who was pregnant), uncle, & I were robbed btw 6:00 - 6:30am.
I had a pistol pointed to my head dat day(at dat small age).it was scary.

GOD has been keeping me away from some scenes sha,I thank HIM coz I ain't worthy

5 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by nenergy(m): 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
decatalyst:
Scariest for me would be when I was in secondary school...JSS 2 or so...wanted to cross the Iwo road-Ojoo axis. I and two other girls playfully holding hands...we were not going or relating but we wanted to cross at the same time. I could still recall how I took the step and a voice just told me to go back...the two girls crossing went for the run across the road one was hit by a truck and her brain spilled out in an instant, right in front of me!

I could have been dead too!

My praise and gratitude to Jesus who has always been there, watching and keeping me away from seen and unseen dangers.

May his saving hands keep us all through the remainder of this year. Amen.

It happens a lot on Lagos express ways. They were watching you and moved when you moved, but you get scared and stepped back and they didn't. Whenever I cross, I look for myself... never defending on another person's judgement

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Mine was the day a fellow corper called me over to his room to kill me.

Funny thing was I had no issue or quarrel with the guy prior to the fateful day.

He stabbed me thrice in my chest region, around where my heart is located, but the knife didn't penetrate (No be juju, Na God work). How Baba God do am, I no know, but I Thank Him for coming thru for me.

Pushed him off, bolted for the door, dude grabbed me by the neck, squeezing my wind pipe and oesophagus shut (I was about giving up the ghost), when some students kicked the room door open and pushed him off me, I landed on the floor, gasping for breathe.

Sick fellow corper kept shouting I must not escape. Sat on my back and started smashing my face on the broken floor, the students pushed him off me again.

I got up, and ran outside screaming for help, fell on the sand cos I was out of breathe, dude took a stone and was about smashing my head in, to finish the job he started, when he was over powered.

Till today, I still have flashes of the knife he used, dangling in the air ryt before it struck.

When they brought the knife he used to stab me with, before the civil defense and police men that later took up the case, the knife blade had bent 90degrees, to show the force the dude used to stab me with.

My face disfigure, couldn't breathe properly for a while, buh at least I was alive.

All thanks to God.

26 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Inkredible(m): 10:45pm On Oct 02, 2017
Jhdhdbdbd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sloo1: 10:46pm On Oct 02, 2017
Oyindidi:
I cried while typing, it's the worst thing to happen to any parent
Sorry o
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Jaiyeola24(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Several bomb blast closed to my orientation camp in Maiduguri 2010.
Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by JamesReacher(m): 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
Worksunlimited:
Mine was the day a fellow corper called me over to his room to kill me.

Funny thing was I had no issue or quarrel with the guy prior to the fateful day.

He stabbed me thrice in my chest region, around where my heart is located, knife didn't penetrate (Na God work).

Pushed him off, bolted for the door, dude grabbed me by the neck, squeezing my wind pipe and oesophagus shut (I was about giving up the ghost), when some students kicked the room door open and pushed him off me, landed on the floor, gasping for breathe.

Sick fellow corper kept shouting I must not escape. Sat on my back and started smashing my face on the broken floor, the students pushed him off me again.

I got up, and ran outside screaming for help, fell on the sand cos I was out of breathe, dude took a stone and was about smashing my head with it to finish the job he started, when he was over powered.

Till today, I still have flashes of the knife he used dangling in the air ryt before it struck.

When they brought the knife he used to stab me with, before the civil defense and police men that later took up the case, the knife blade of the knife itself had bent 90degrees, to show the force the dude used to stab me with.

My face disfigure, couldn't breathe properly for a while, buh I was alive.

All thanks to God.

Ahn Ahn, u offend the guy or Wetin u think say u do am

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by MARKETfund: 10:49pm On Oct 02, 2017
KennedicalEnergy:
Mine Was In 12th September, 2003. My Elder Brother And I Were Going To Grind Cassava. We Had Already Crossed The Road, When I Heard A Deafening Noise Behind Me, I Saw My Brother Running And I Had To Run Also. He Ran Towards The Left And I Ran Towards The Right. The Next Thing I Saw Was The Shattered Brain Of My Elder Brother, Chinedu. That Lorry Killed Him Instantly. The Driver Ran Away. I Ran Home Crying. I Went And Told My Parents What Happened.

Very pathetic sad
Sorry bro
kara obi

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by coolh3ad(m): 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
MrsMurphy:
The day I lost my child. I was carrying her when she died. Couldn't sleep for days. That was the first time seeing someone die

I am so sorry about that ma'am.......

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Oct 02, 2017
we live to die, death is a transformation

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by AleksAndria: 10:51pm On Oct 02, 2017
sunnyeinstein:

Bro, scary thing oo.
I saw one ticket today, 30games #200naira stake to get 10Million o, d guy dey nurse am since 3weeks. Last game was liverpool to win against newcastle (yesterday). The guy had option of cashing out 4Million but got greedy, wanted 10M, now he got nothing!

The way guys be wanting to die when one game spoils their ticket especially if the winning is a huge sum of money. Just negodu onye nka. You want to get #10,000,000 from #200,even d #4Mil. Can you see difference in the number of ’zeros’.. now judge that guy.. isn't he a criminal?....just asking o.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by Worksunlimited: 10:54pm On Oct 02, 2017
JamesReacher:
Ahn Ahn, u offend the guy or Wetin u think say u do am

Bruv! I no know o... Funny thing be say Na me other corpers dey usually send to go talk to am before that day..

I just no understand wetin happen, wey na me e wan come kill.

God dey this life wey no pure o.

A word of advise to corpers posted to different locations around the country, especially the north, be very prayerful and hold your God real close.

Jump on your God with your hands and feet, head and all, cos things dey happen.

There are many demons (iska) in the North, no be say dem say, I served there and stayed there for the same period as my nysc, so I know what I am talking about.

Corpers dey follow window run during my time there (No be say dem dey hold the window before they move o, dem dey practically fly thru the window), when demon possession dey hold their student for class..

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Traumatic And Scariest Event You Have Ever Witnessed? by sloo1: 10:55pm On Oct 02, 2017
kodylicky:
I guess mine was watching my son die .... While the doctor's tried to revive... just noting the time life left him

It's almost 2yrs now n for those 2yrs I call his name at least 20 times a day. Sometimes I call him in my head...

Well....... I couldn't step into his room for a long time. .. I ve known labor pains but honestly it's nothing compared to the loss of a child...

It never leaves u
Sorry Dear. My God be ur strength

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

When You Dig A Well In Enugu, What You Will See (Photos) / Is This A Man Or A Woman? / Big Python Killed After Swallowing A Goat In Port Harcourt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.