Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,720 members, 7,824,045 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

“Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / “Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed (35996 Views)

Nigerian Bride-To-Be Visits Married Boyfriend For 1 Last Sex Before Her Wedding / Gay Couple: Nigerian Man Shares What He Saw After Relocating To The UK / Nigerian Bride Finds Out She Is HIV Positive, One Week To Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: “Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed by dealslip(f): 8:38pm On Oct 04, 2017
speedyGonzales:

You're probably infected with radical feminism. Nigerian men love and treat their women very well on average, society can't be perfect. And if you pay any attention to the western society, you'll know that more and more white men are choosing to stay single, because the divorce rate is alarming. White women are now calling it man drought, and complaining about it everywhere on the internet, you'll see white men traveling half way across the globe to southeast Asia to get a wife or Eastern Europe. One of my friends a British guy just married some Russian female. I know firsthand what I am talking about...

Ambitious Nigerian women achieve very highly in Nigeria today and it is only going to get better.

The bolded is exactly what I am talking about. Once some Nigerian men have different opinions with a lady about a subject especially like the one in focus, they quickly resort to shaming and attacks ladies. Do you need the statistics of divorce in Nigeria to know that divorce is not a reserve for the western society. Your examples are very shallow as regards some friends traveling half way across the earth to pick a wife. I equally attended the weddings of dear friends who are both of the western world. How can a white man picking a wife in Eastern Europe be considered as interracial? All Europeans are considered white so you really don't have a valid argument. Most people from the western world typically marry Africans that reason like them. This couple met in a yoga class. You don't find many Africans in such places. Such women trying to connect to their inner self would be labelled feminists by guys like you especially where they exhibit fierce independence and high self esteem. Some Nigerian men would label her proud or ashawo. You are one of such men who can't handle confident ladies. You need to step out of Nairaland into the western world and meet enlightened people and views
Re: “Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed by speedyGonzales: 7:45am On Oct 05, 2017
dealslip:

The bolded is exactly what I am talking about. Once some Nigerian men have different opinions with a lady about a subject especially like the one in focus, they quickly resort to shaming and attacks ladies. Do you need the statistics of divorce in Nigeria to know that divorce is not a reserve for the western society. Your examples are very shallow as regards some friends traveling half way across the earth to pick a wife. I equally attended the weddings of dear friends who are both of the western world. How can a white man picking a wife in Eastern Europe be considered as interracial? All Europeans are considered white so you really don't have a valid argument. Most people from the western world typically marry Africans that reason like them. This couple met in a yoga class. You don't find many Americans in such places. Such women trying to connect to their inner self would be labelled feminists by guys like you especially where they exhibit fierce independence and high self esteem. Nigerian men would label her proud or ashawo. You are one of such men

Well, indeed I said "You're probably infected with radical feminism" to gauge your response to it, You've proofed me right. Some Eastern European women still posses those traditional values in their culture which has been lost in the west that's why I included that in the example I gave and the women are still beautiful and not into the whole fat acceptance movements going on in the west. I support the Independent woman, if indeed she is independent, because most independent women in America rely on social welfare from government and alimony from hard working ex-husbands. As for the name calling, it is part of life, life is hard and so many people would like to see you fall for their benefit, but you have to build-up resistance to it and keep moving. Men are told to "be a man" or that they are too "aggressive". Men that are successful are not just given their success on a platter of gold, they are probed, pushed around and tested by other men, they have to fight off other men to get it, women should expect nothing less.

I think both men and women should be realistic in their expectations from marriage, women are not meant to be worshipped and neither are men, it is meant to be a collaborative effort to build a life together, were both parties pull their weight in their respected roles within their marriage.

I have told you the truth, choose what you will believe and live by...

1 Like

Re: “Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed by dealslip(f): 8:34am On Oct 05, 2017
speedyGonzales:

Well, indeed I said "You're probably infected with radical feminism" to gauge your response to it, You've proofed me right. Some Eastern European women still posses those traditional values in their culture which has been lost in the west that's why I included that in the example I gave and the women are still beautiful and not into the whole fat acceptance movements going on in the west. I support the Independent woman, if indeed she is independent, because most independent women in America rely on social welfare from government and alimony from hard working ex-husbands. As for the name calling, it is part of life, life is hard and so many people would like to see you fall for their benefit, but you have to build-up resistance to it and keep moving. Men are told to "be a man" or that they are too "aggressive". Men that are successful are not just given their success on a platter of gold, they are probed, pushed around and tested by other men, they have to fight off other men to get it, women should expect nothing less.

I think both men and women should be realistic in their expectations from marriage, women are not meant to be worshipped and neither are men, it is meant to be a collaborative effort to build a life together, were both parties pull their weight in their respected roles within their marriage.

I have told you the truth, choose what you will believe and live by...

Your bolded statement is a lame attempt at saving face. You were not proving or testing anything. That is what guys like you do to ladies whose opinion are different from yours. You shame them and verbally attack them. This is not a matter of life been hard. It is reality that most Nigerian men are verbally abusive towards self determined women. Deal with that.

Segregating Europeans has watered down whatever argument you may have been trying to prove. Even the Brit's still hold on to their traditions that is why several of us still put on suits and ties and drink tea.

You have so many assertion that are not based on facts at all. This is an insult to those hard working American women who are left to care for their children alone. Those women who work three jobs to fend for their children. You need to leave this cocoon called Nigeria for more enlightenment. The American woman is so hard working. Especially the blacks. So If the government steps in to make the fathers of these children responsible by making them pay alimony, is there a crime in that? This exactly what I have against you. You really don't like independent women. You sound like those who perpetually think independent women are evil.

The rest of your comment has nothing to do with our conversation so far so it real has no place in my thoughts.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: “Yoga Couple” - Nigerian Bride And Her Italian Boyfriend Wed by Shhhh01(f): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2017
Priscy01:
Beautiful interracial couple, who goes by the name Alex and Ine the bride, met during one of their Yoga Lessons, and both of them immediately clicked.. They became friends and which later turns love.

They’re are now happily married…

The beautiful couple had their first wedding in Italy and another in Nigeria… Because his bride, is a Nigerian!

At the weddings, they gave tributes to Yoga by having a work out session captured both in photos and video.

We Wish Them A Happy Married Life!!

See More; http://www.torimill.com/2017/10/yoga-brought-them-together-check-out.html

So what is d news or strange action in dis story dat it had to b news!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

He Proposed To Me But I Have Someone Else / I Asked Her, Can't Your Parent Provide Basic Needs? Are My Wrong? / Was King Solomon able to satisfy all his wives and concubines?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.