Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,147 members, 7,849,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:23 AM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12423 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Katsumoto: 3:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
lanre_s:

For you to come up with this kind of statement shows that you are intellectually bereaved. Consider yourself lucky because I am not Al-Qaeda, otherwise,  In school, we were taught "Religious Tolerance" so we can tolerate one another. I think we are not learning from the past. We cannot reason alike. Some words are better left unspoken. The movie (alfa sule) is a big hit no doubt, but remember the riot in the north that was caused by the thisday reporter about the miss world beauty contest in Nigeria. Why can't we allow the sleeping dog to lie? for how long are we going to continue to like this?

Are you not proving people right when they say Islam is a violent religion? If you were alqeada, you would blown him up or beheaded him right? You allude to being an intellect, yet you think of violence when your religion is insulted.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by PurestBoy(m): 3:58pm On Mar 09, 2010
hisslam is a religion of piss grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by johnieblaz: 4:18pm On Mar 09, 2010
my father is a muslim,my mother a xtian.am the only child and am a xtian with full support frm my father,nw that this mad set of pepu wants destruction,do u tink my father will kill his only child,or my mother shoud poising my father bekos he is a muslim,or do dey tink i cn kill my father?,or do dey tink my father cn kill my mother?,NAIRALANDERS,am 32yrs nw.imagin the number of yrs my parents are being 2geda.honestly the initiator of this plan for religious battle shud be JAILED 4LIFE.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by revomind(m): 4:26pm On Mar 09, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that people are actually salivating at the prospect of this 'showdown' ? Anybody that knows the SW well will quickly realise this is nothing but an empty threat from an attention-seeking bigot. Ibadan is home to a lot of 'underground' fanatic clerics from mostly Ilorin and its all too easy to claim indigeneship in that town, after all, historically speaking, who owns the city? Not to digress, muslims in Oyo state esp Ibadan represent the final place where moslems hold any sort of influence in the SW. Thus,they get touchy and edgy abt religious issues a little more than your average muslim westerner who is liberal. If they complain about xtian schools and xtian prayers, they are just being aware of the rate their children are converting to xtianity left,rite and centre. Those that don't are just muslim by word and don't do much to the filling up of mosques at prayer times. So, i feel its paranoia. Reinhard Bonnke was in the city late last year and the city totally 'shut down' with record attendances. For this wannabe fanatics,its a source of worry thus the empty threats, I wonder who will pick up the arms,their fuji-bopping kids who dont mind going to church to check out broads All this na tori sha, that guy should be arrested and jailed for making that statement. Its totally irresponsible and insensitive coming around the same time children and women are being killed in Jos. My 2 cents.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by revomind(m): 4:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
Why do I get the feeling that people are actually salivating at the prospect of this 'showdown' ? Anybody that knows the SW well will quickly realise this is nothing but an empty threat from an attention-seeking bigot. Ibadan is home to a lot of 'underground' fanatic clerics from mostly Ilorin and its all too easy to claim indigeneship in that town, after all, historically speaking, who owns the city? Not to digress, muslims in Oyo state esp Ibadan represent the final place where moslems hold any sort of influence in the SW. Thus,they get touchy and edgy abt religious issues a little more than your average muslim westerner who is liberal. If they complain about xtian schools and xtian prayers, they are just being aware of the rate their children are converting to xtianity left,rite and centre. Those that don't are just muslim by word and don't do much to the filling up of mosques at prayer times. So, i feel its paranoia. Reinhard Bonnke was in the city late last year and the city totally 'shut down' with record attendances. For this wannabe fanatics,its a source of worry thus the empty threats, I wonder who will pick up the arms,their fuji-bopping kids who dont mind going to church to check out broads All this na tori sha, that guy should be arrested and jailed for making that statement. Its totally irresponsible and insensitive coming around the same time children and women are being killed in Jos. My 2 cents.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by PurestBoy(m): 4:35pm On Mar 09, 2010
johnieblaz:

my father is a muslim,my mother a xtian.am the only child and am a xtian with full support frm my father,nw that this mad set of pepu wants destruction,do u tink my father will kill his only child,or my mother shoud poising my father bekos he is a muslim,or do dey tink i cn kill my father?,or do dey tink my father cn kill my mother?,NAIRALANDERS,am 32yrs nw.imagin the number of yrs my parents are being 2geda.honestly the initiator of this plan for religious battle shud be JAILED 4LIFE.[color=#990000][/color]

If killing your father would bring peace to Nigeria. Pls don't hesitate to do that! boi
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2010
Religion of piss indeed.

I gues xtians took arms when Da Vinci code was released. Danish cartoon there was blood, A worldwide Fatwa has been placed on Salman Rushdie author of "Satanic Verses"
Thisday reporter wrote about Miss World, The Moslems erupted.
I have read a lot of articles saying nasty things about Jesus. That Judas was his Gay partner, That he went to India to lean necromancy and witchcraft hence his miracles, That he actually Married mary madgalene. but I havent seen xtians take up swords and kill the way Moslems do.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by tunde1200(m): 4:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
I think lack of education, poor economic condition and poor governance by not openly criticizing anyone or group advocating violence led us to where we are. The sad part is that xtian dont know anything about there religion talkless of knowing anything about islam. muslim is not a killer fools
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 4:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
I think lack of education, poor economic condition and poor governance by not openly criticizing anyone or group advocating violence led us to where we are. The sad part is that xtian dont know anything about there religion talkless of knowing anything about islam. muslim is not a killer fools

Did you bother getting an education aside Koranic school? The English you write needs a lot of help
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nipeks(m): 5:00pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nigeria is falling apart gradually
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by OEO: 5:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the  recent speech  by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach.  Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious  sentiments and we need a change  !

I want to say clearly that I have read through all the post here.

With due respect to any of the religion, I want to say that we must be cautious. Xtian and Muslims alike. I do not know why we need to be circulating rubbish for the sake of formenting trouble here and there.

Has anyone here watched this film tiltled "Take heed? If you have, you will discovered that no reasonable being or sect or religion should be offended by it.

It addresses every of our religion. Starting from Family to Babalawo, to Cherubim & Seraphim etc just like that. It was solely not for Muslims. why crying wolves when there is none?

I have this last word. Muslims irrespective of who you are, should not think you have monopoly of violence. Just because xtians over the years have not been retaliating whether in the south or the North is immaterial. Both Bible and Quran preach PEACE, if the Muslims did not desist from this rubbish and their thirst for blood,  they should be ready for a MATCH. It is a Xtian movie beckoning on Xtians to "Take Heed" and know their GOD.
If xtians were to be attacking Muslims on every of their preaching against xtians, because it is their modus operandi to always use their preaching to counter or preached against xtians everytime and everywhere, they would have seen that in numbers and fighting spirit, we are not their match.

I commend LANRE for his piece, and hope he will be a voice to his people to sheath their sword, otherwise no one lives to tell the story of a war.
It has never happen in the West be4 and if it happens now, I bet anyone, it shall be bloody. We are not unmindful of the consequences.

It shall be well!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nipeks:

I agreed with that
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by SwtzMinx(f): 5:13pm On Mar 09, 2010
.hmm. . .may God have mercy. .
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
SwtzMinx:

.hmm. . .may God have mercy. .

Best prayers
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 5:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
OEO:

I am proud to be a muslim and will like us to be cautious when we judge people base on their utterance and action. Islam is a religion of peace and that is divine. Problems with those who instead of preach what is in the scriptures (both Muslims and Xtians) is Sycophancy ,how do we say we know more than the Almighty God who created us. How many of our wrong doings have we been punished for ? Can we really fight in the true Religious way ? How many soul are we winning by out attitudes. I love the  recent speech  by Pastor Tunde Bakare when he said he hates the word religion (that its a bondage) he said he prefers faith. Who are we deceiving ,even all of us posting here ,what have we done in our different beliefs to impress our own heart that we are what we preach.  Go ye into the world and preach the gospel ! that's what the Bible said and the Quran also emphasis that no one is good in speech than someone who call others to prayer. How long are we going to continue with all this ? Tribal & Religious  sentiments and we need a change  !

I want to say clearly that I have read through all the post here.

With due respect to any of the religion, I want to say that we must be cautious. Xtian and Muslims alike. I do not know why we need to be circulating rubbish for the sake of formenting trouble here and there.

Has anyone here watched this film tiltled "Take heed? If you have, you will discovered that no reasonable being or sect or religion should be offended by it.

It addresses every of our religion. Starting from Family to Babalawo, to Cherubim & Seraphim etc just like that. It was solely not for Muslims. why crying wolves when there is none?

I have this last word. Muslims irrespective of who you are, should not think you have monopoly of violence. Just because xtians over the years have not been retaliating whether in the south or the North is immaterial. Both Bible and Quran preach PEACE, if the Muslims did not desist from this rubbish and their thirst for blood,  they should be ready for a MATCH. It is a Xtian movie beckoning on Xtians to "Take Heed" and know their GOD.
If xtians were to be attacking Muslims on every of their preaching against xtians, because it is their modus operandi to always use their preaching to counter or preached against xtians everytime and everywhere, they would have seen that in numbers and fighting spirit, we are not their match.

I commend LANRE for his piece, and hope he will be a voice to his people to sheath their sword, otherwise no one lives to tell the story of a war.
It has never happen in the West be4 and if it happens now, I bet anyone, it shall be bloody. We are not unmindful of the consequences.

It shall be well!

I quite agree with you. Islam is indeed "peace" . . . those who cannot see that are truly blind.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by onyengbu1(m): 5:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nipeks:

It is no longer gradual, I never belived the US break up prediction until now.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by durojim: 5:51pm On Mar 09, 2010
If the statement is true, the guy needs to be arrested and prosecuted for conspiracy to commit murder (which should be life imprisonment). What a statement from a so called Islamic leader. Why can people make peace and not war. No wonder the bible says the heart of men is desperately wicked.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by udennaa: 6:21pm On Mar 09, 2010
PurestBoy:

If killing your father would bring peace to Nigeria. Pls don't hesitate to do that! boi
grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by udennaa: 6:25pm On Mar 09, 2010
people should stop being funny.islam has never been a religion of peace but of violence.islam is evil!d xtians in ibadan should be ready to give d blood-suckers back trouble if they call for it.evil men!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 6:27pm On Mar 09, 2010
udennaa:

people should stop being funny.islam has never been a religion of peace but of violence.islam is evil!d xtians in ibadan should be ready to give d blood-suckers back trouble if they call for it.evil men!

But not all that practice it are evil
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by EzeUche(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
People saying lack of education. Foolish people

Don't you know that most of the world's renowned terrorist are educated? Osama Bin Laden was highly educated and he is a terrorist.

You cannot blame the lack of education on this issue.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by VPG: 6:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
Nipeks:

LWKMD, gradually oh boy naija don Fall apart tey tey. Nigeria is a thicking bomb and d day wey she go explode my guy you don't want to be in that country when it happens.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
EzeUche:

Don't you know that most of the world's renowned terrorist are educated? Osama Bin Laden was highly educated and he is a terrorist.

what do u think could or shd be blamed?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:32pm On Mar 09, 2010
EzeUche:

nah we cant blame the real culprit here (islam) . . . lets just find another amorphous excuse . . . like "lack of education" or the jews.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by omuaran: 6:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
St. Janet sang in "St. Bottles Cathedral Sinners Chapel"

Ojo kan ro ni'badan
Ojo kan ro ni'badan
Oka corset
Oka pata
Oka corset oni'rin
Oka t'onike
Oka condom
Oka roughrider
Oka boxer
Aiye ema ba wi
Aiye ema ba wi o environmental lo'nse
pa re keee
pa re keee o environmental lo'nse

Ojo kan ro ni'badan
Ojo kan ro ni'badan
ee
Oka corset
Oka shinmi
Oka pata
Oka always
oka corset oni'rin
Oka t'onike
O'tun ka t'alaso
Oka condom
Oka roughrider
Oka g-string
Aiye ema ba wi
Aiye ema ba wi o environmental lo''se
pa re keee
pa re keee o environmental lo'nse

O da na
Aiye yi na ni o
Ab'aiye yi na ko?
S'aiye yi na ni o
Ab'aiye yi na ko?

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by nopuqeater: 6:44pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^, what peace effort did the christians make with their blasphamous movie? while i am against any aggressive responses from the muslims, who should know better, practicing restraint, the christians in their rush to win souls for christs, leading to the fire of hell, for sure, should not time and time stoke the fire of anger, expecting that there will not be at least a human nature response, of warning. how does a person pull the tail of a tiger and complains that it growls?

hypocritical christians. if number amounts to success, guys, the hindus the buhdists, and others in the continent of asia are more successful. the christians should go to their leaders and tell them to stop lying so much and back away from the muslims. their children and even from their renks with low faith will come to you to swell up your crusades and churches for the societal gains of present gratifications of looking for easy sexual partners (very typical of youth and desperation) and the poor attaining wealth.

a true muslim community, almost not in existence on earth, except individual people should have called a conference and debate the issues with the chrsitians, wisely exposing the lies for the people to see. to me thats what the muslims should do, and let the glitters of the world expose the liars and disbelievers leading them to the certain peril that starts in reality at the point of death.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2010
nopuqeater:

^^, what peace effort did the christians make with their blasphamous movie? while i am against any aggressive responses from the muslims, who should know better, practicing restraint, the christians in their rush to win souls for christs, leading to the fire of hell, for sure, should not time and time stoke the fire of anger, expecting that there will not be at least a human nature response, of warning. how does a person pull the tail of a tiger and complains that it growls?

hypocritical christians. if number amounts to success, guys, the hindus the buhdists, and others in the continent of asia are more successful. the christians should go to their leaders and tell them to stop lying so much and back away from the muslims. their children and even from their renks with low faith will come to you to swell up your crusades and churches for the societal gains of present gratifications of looking for easy sexual partners (very typical of youth and desperation) and the poor attaining wealth.

a true muslim community, almost not in existence on earth, except individual people should have called a conference and debate the issues with the chrsitians, wisely exposing the lies for the people to see. to me thats what the muslims should do, and let the glitters of the world expose the liars and disbelievers leading them to the certain peril that starts in reality at the point of death.

You dont sound like you not in support of what happened.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2010
nopuqeater:

can anyone decipher this?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 7:22pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ Go to a real school, You cant amount to anything if you depend on Koranic schools.

How can one write almost ten lines and still cant make sense
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by InesQor(m): 7:23pm On Mar 09, 2010
^^^ LOL. Lord knows I tried to figure out what the dude was saying!  cheesy grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by dayokanu(m): 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2010
Actually 13 lines of gibberish.

Awusubillahi Ina Shaitan rajim
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by edoyad(m): 7:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
grin grin dayo you have more pressing problems than those words

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Oshiohmole Is Trying To Annihilate Esan Nation ( Anenih) / Herdsmen: Abiodun Deploys Joint Squad To Yewa Area / Court Fixes Friday For Judgment In Suit To Stop INEC From Using MC Oluomo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.