Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,971 members, 7,838,463 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan (12415 Views)

Senate Presidency/House Speakership: Trouble Looms In APC / Fresh Crisis Looms In Rivers Amaechi Hold LG Polls On May 23, PDP Against Move / Major Shakeup Looms In Police Force (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by hackney(m): 7:40pm On Mar 09, 2010
religious uprising in peaceful ibadan ? ? ? ?.

na wa ooo! ! !

They wan spoil ibadan abi?
Naija sha.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 7:42pm On Mar 09, 2010
dayokanu:

Actually 13 lines of gibberish.

Awusubillahi Ina Shaitan rajim

allahu arched bar! I thot i was the only one who couldnt make sense of that. grin Thank God . . . i thot my age was begining to tell.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by akb4real(m): 8:02pm On Mar 09, 2010
May Almighty Allah 4give u people that talking all these and what majority of you does not know is that tongue can get you to anywhere you never thought of,if you hear any information you have to do your findings well before you can be able to say anything on it,you dont say anything or accuse the group call alfa sule or something,why are they going to named their group that name when they are not belonging to any Islamic group or have you people seen any Islamic organization call herself pastor solomon,therefore please watch your tongue before you can talk nextime ok,because our Religion does not teach us like that,
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2010
akb4real:

May Almighty Allah 4give u people that talking all these and what majority of you does not know is that tongue can get you to anywhere you never thought of,if you hear any information you have to do your findings well before you can be able to say anything on it,you dont say anything or accuse the group call alfa sule or something,why are they going to named their group that name when they are not belonging to any Islamic group or have you people seen any Islamic organization call herself pastor solomon,therefore please watch your tongue before you can talk nextime ok,because our Religion does not teach us like that,

500 people dead and counting . . . all in the name of allah and you're worried about our tongues? grin
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by abes(m): 8:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
The word "alfa" or "alufa" is NOT a Muslim word o, it is a Yoruba word for "Priest".

The word "sule" can be a name for a Muslim or a Xtian (convert).

Therefore, the word "Alfa Sule" can neither be claimed by a Christian nor a Muslim.

Q.E.D.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
abes:

The word "alfa" or "alufa" is NOT a Muslim word o, it is a Yoruba word for "Priest".

The word "sule" can be a name for a Muslim or a Xtian (convert).

Therefore, the word "Alfa Sule" can neither be claimed by a Christian nor a Muslim.

Q.E.D.

Na math?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Akanbiedu(m): 8:33pm On Mar 09, 2010
davidylan:

500 people dead and counting . . . all in the name of allah and you're worried about our tongues? grin

It starts from the tongues actually.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 8:34pm On Mar 09, 2010
Akanbi_edu:

It starts from the tongues actually.

I think everyone needs to learn to live with what the tongue says . . . if we have to kill each time the tongue says something, we would have all been dead.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Builder: 8:47pm On Mar 09, 2010
I dont know why someone will wake up and decided they want to be a moslim, its like waking up and say u want to be a goat, cos them islamic peoples are goat, very ignorant one , all cos they want to Bleep virgins.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Outstrip(f): 8:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
Should these people not even be arrested on the spot for spewing this nonsense. Even if these things were being said about Islam are you a freaking wild animal that you are talking about killing people. WTF. You people really need to stop. I just saw pictures of dead children in Jos hacked to pieces all lying right by the dead bodies of their mothers. These people should be arrested right away for even suggesting terrorism. This is crazy people. This is crazy. There is fire on the mountain and the freaking people in charge are bleeping sleeping. This is so frustrating. Get your ass up and make an example of these people who made this statement to the media. Use this opportunity. Nigeria is at war but people are walking around there like it is not their problem.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by tayoast(m): 8:56pm On Mar 09, 2010
Alfa Sule?? i tot d stuff is all over d place, not just IB
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 9:01pm On Mar 09, 2010
Fhemmmy:

I think everyone needs to learn to live with what the tongue says . . . if we have to kill each time the tongue says something, we would have all been dead.

yess ohh Im not against islam cause like half of my family is muslim BUT WTF If someone says something bad about mohammed why should muslims start killing people like crazy?

Who has time to be walking on egg shells around muslims? Not me!
The should do like juju people and christians do and ignore things said about their beliefs, theres no need to go on a killing spree everytime they hear something they dont like.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by 68816419: 9:07pm On Mar 09, 2010
PurestBoy : u r a fool 4 saying that , christian even have the guts to accuse other religion, demn!, even when  most of the writtens in the so called biblos {collections of books} is false, wht!, i swear i have never seen when group of pple have been brain brain washed to beliving in a false claim{trinity}, a claim that no body could expalain, what a world! cry
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2010
sjeezy8:

yess ohh Im not against islam cause like half of my family is muslim BUT WTF If someone says something bad about mohammed why should muslims start killing people like crazy?

Who has time to be walking on egg shells around muslims? Not me!
The should do like juju people and christians do and ignore things said about their beliefs, theres no need to go on a killing spree everytime they hear something they dont like.

We are on same side.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Bigshegzy: 9:17pm On Mar 09, 2010
Islam is d religion of peace, we don't take things in abnormal way it is u christian dat take things in another way.We worship d same God but u guyz dont always believe dat,God is nt like we human being chrstian take things easy & talk 2 ur self don't b bayers abt religion.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by sjeezy8: 9:20pm On Mar 09, 2010
Bigshegzy:

Islam is d religion of peace, we don't take things in abnormal way it is u christian dat take things in another way.We worship d same God but u guyz dont always believe dat,God is nt like we human being chrstian take things easy & talk 2 your self don't b bayers abt religion.

I think all people know that we all have the same God of abraham. But its only muslims that make it a big deal. They want to kill jews, they want to kill christian and they want to kill all juju people, hindus and bhuddist.

Why cant muslims just be at peace instead of instigating wars. You dont see conflict between christians and jews, or even juju people. Only muslims
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Rotimi47: 9:31pm On Mar 09, 2010
It's high time we all get the basic truth,the population ratio of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria is 50/50 or slightly different,also no religion has the monopoly of violence cos if a little confrontation takes place(God forbid) thousands if not millions will be affected on both sides e.g India and Pakistan. i want you to know that the economic situation in Nigeria has made many people wild cos people have been pushed to the wall. i pray we all live in peace cos we all need each other and reprisals are always costly. God bless Nigeria and God bless us all.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 9:39pm On Mar 09, 2010
Rotimi47:

It's high time we all get the basic truth,the population ratio of Muslims and Christians in Nigeria is 50/50 or slightly different,also no religion has the monopoly of violence cos if a little confrontation takes place(God forbid) thousands if not millions will be affected on both sides e.g India and Pakistan. i want you to know that the economic situation in Nigeria has made many people wild cos people have been pushed to the wall. i pray we all live in peace cos we all need each other and reprisals are always costly. God bless Nigeria and God bless us all.

ok
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 9:49pm On Mar 09, 2010
Builder:

I dont know why someone will wake up and decided they want to be a moslim, its like waking up and say u want to be a goat, cos them islamic peoples are goat, very ignorant one , all cos they want to bleep virgins.
You are big fool fo rsaying that how would you say this and think the people are againt will cross there finger looking at you how will you feel is someone say why will you wake up in the morning and wanted to me a Nigerian? is like waking up been like a Goat
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Aderupoko2: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2010
How I wished there was no muslim in the world. The world would have been more peaceful. Even pagans rarely fight.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by alanbolo(m): 10:03pm On Mar 09, 2010
@ both bashy_demy and Builder, both of u are not helping the issue at all, so if NLers leave both you in a room, there will be bloodshed    can't we just dialogue and resolve an issue, does it have to come to name callings?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by alanbolo(m): 10:05pm On Mar 09, 2010
Aderupoko2:

How I wished there was no muslim in the world. The world would have been more peaceful. Even pagans rarely fight.
are u  insinuating  something shocked
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by suave: 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2010
Hold on a second, I thought he was replaced by another Muslim. Very prosaic comment from this highly revered leader, with all due respect. And what the hell does this even got to do wiv religion?
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Lamii: 11:06pm On Mar 09, 2010
i hope this is a joke!!
if this ever happens, then all other people are justified in calling africans scum of the earth.
we look like humans but have animal brains. no common sense whatsoever!!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by deeboiz: 12:33am On Mar 10, 2010
Aderupoko2:

Same over here
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by nigerhead(m): 1:22am On Mar 10, 2010
I have watched Alfa Sule, so many times, and it always cracks me up, its just so funny, if the moslems take offence, the Babalawos, white garment, Indian Krishna temple people too should also be taking offence, because Take Heed also parodied all of them , Its not like it just settled and attacked moslems. Part of the reason why the group is called Alfa Sule, is that the person who played the part of the Alfa, did it so well and so people took to calling the group Alfa Sule, instead of their real name, which I cant remember now. They have been popular at least in Lagos for a long time, almost going to two years at least. And it was this same Take Heed that made the group popular. so why should the so called Moslem leaders just now be takeing offence to it, if not for other reasons best known to them.

They keep saying Islam is a religion of peace, but they themselves keep proving it to be false. I went to a secondary skool in Lagos, we said both Xtain and Moslem prayers at assembly, and we did not hate ourselves, funny I used to even partially recite their prayers, even if in jest, but no one took offence. Our moslem brothers should learn to Take Heed grin

Nigeria must not descend to such animalistic levels.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by BabaIbada: 1:33am On Mar 10, 2010
well, I think we've got to be reasonable in the manner we post our views on this issue. Religion has always been a sensitive issue across the globe from a time immemorial therefore at this age we really need to be more tolerant and eschew any act that may ignite religious crisis. HOW ON EARTH WILL A CHRISTIAN DRAMA BE TITLED ALFA SULE? Without prejudice Sule (the short way of pronouncing Sulaiman) is an undiluted muslim name and besides Alfa Sule literary means Mallam Sule (which doesnt have any connection with christianity). There is a scene  in the drama where Angel Fatai was ridiculously mentioned too. Though Angel is an English word, Fatai (Abdul Fatai) is a pure muslim Name.
I so much appreciate the level of creativity displayed in the drama but the producer should have strictly limited himself to terms or names related to christians and ensured that  no attempt was made to ridicule any names especially those of other religion.
If the act of making use of Islamic terms derogatorily is not a delibrate attempt at causing religious conflict, the producer of Alfa Sule should publicly apologise to the muslims by creatively showing them that he meant no harm and make ammends where necessary afterall the producer of a Yoruba Film initially titled "Amina Eleha" had to change the title to AFOMO having realised the religious implication of the film's title. I strongly believe that this will bring a perpetual end to the rift and religious crisis will be totally avoided. Let's dont always cast blames on muslims cos if given chance they will give lucid explanations and justifications to their actions which every unbiased soul will uphold and respect.
Finally, let us always use our posts here to shed reasonable lights on issue based on unbiased opinion. This will show the world how resourceful we are in Nigeria in the area of conflict management and societal re-engineering. I RISE!
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by mamagee3(f): 2:15am On Mar 10, 2010
There are too many problems in Nigeria. . .
Only God can save us from all these ordeals.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:23am On Mar 10, 2010
mama-gee:

There are too many problems in Nigeria. . .
Only God can save us from all these ordeals.

True Dat
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 2:40am On Mar 10, 2010
Baba Ibada:

well, I think we've got to be reasonable in the manner we post our views on this issue. Religion has always been a sensitive issue across the globe from a time immemorial therefore at this age we really need to be more tolerant and eschew any act that may ignite religious crisis. HOW ON EARTH WILL A CHRISTIAN DRAMA BE TITLED ALFA SULE? Without prejudice Sule (the short way of pronouncing Sulaiman) is an undiluted muslim name and besides Alfa Sule literary means Mallam Sule (which doesnt have any connection with christianity). There is a scene in the drama where Angel Fatai was ridiculously mentioned too. Though Angel is an English word, Fatai (Abdul Fatai) is a pure muslim Name.
I so much appreciate the level of creativity displayed in the drama but the producer should have strictly limited himself to terms or names related to christians and ensured that no attempt was made to ridicule any names especially those of other religion.
If the act of making use of Islamic terms derogatorily is not a delibrate attempt at causing religious conflict, the producer of Alfa Sule should publicly apologise to the muslims by creatively showing them that he meant no harm and make ammends where necessary afterall the producer of a Yoruba Film initially titled "Amina Eleha" had to change the title to AFOMO having realised the religious implication of the film's title. I strongly believe that this will bring a perpetual end to the rift and religious crisis will be totally avoided. Let's dont always cast blames on muslims cos if given chance they will give lucid explanations and justifications to their actions which every unbiased soul will uphold and respect.
Finally, let us always use our posts here to shed reasonable lights on issue based on unbiased opinion. This will show the world how resourceful we are in Nigeria in the area of conflict management and societal re-engineering. I RISE!
Qudos to what you just said and i totally aggree with you.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by bashydemy(m): 2:56am On Mar 10, 2010
nigerhead:

I have watched Alfa Sule, so many times, and it always cracks me up, its just so funny, if the moslems take offence, the Babalawos, white garment, Indian Krishna temple people too should also be taking offence, because Take Heed also parodied all of them , Its not like it just settled and attacked moslems. Part of the reason why the group is called Alfa Sule, is that the person who played the part of the Alfa, did it so well and so people took to calling the group Alfa Sule, instead of their real name, which I cant remember now. They have been popular at least in Lagos for a long time, almost going to two years at least. And it was this same Take Heed that made the group popular. so why should the so called Moslem leaders just now be takeing offence to it, if not for other reasons best known to them.

They keep saying Islam is a religion of peace, but they themselves keep proving it to be false. I went to a secondary skool in Lagos, we said both Xtain and Moslem prayers at assembly, and we did not hate ourselves, funny I used to even partially recite their prayers, even if in jest, but no one took offence. Our moslem brothers should learn to Take Heed grin

Nigeria must not descend to such animalistic levels.
Hey i think you need to sit and look into it very carefully i am a Muslim and am married to a xtain i always support her and they go to church every sunday with my car while i sit back home waiting until they are back before i go out wish mean am in support of her religion but in a situation like this when someone is trying to have a xtain theatre group and think the best name for the group is ALFA SULE dont you think that will call attention of people particularly the muslim to this and why not name the group pastor solomon instead? and saying the meantion some other religious in the drama too well here in Nigeria we believe the most strong religion are the muslims and the Xtains, about the white garment they are also xtains and the babalawos and Indian Krishna temple they are not well recognise in our neighbourhood i mean there population. though there is adjustment the movie cos i watch one lately and there is no scene of the ALFA SULE in it anymore i think they have call them self to order but i think there should be a public apology maybe go to a media house or another drama just to apologise and make things clear that mean't no harm and not trying to tarnish the image of ISLAM i rest my case.
Re: Religious Battle Looms In Ibadan by Fhemmmy: 2:58am On Mar 10, 2010
I am biting my fingers and trying so hard not to get involve in this religion talk.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hate Speeches: DSS Warns Arewa Youths, N’delta Militants, Others / "The Desperate Agenda Of Buhari, An Evil Tyrant" - Femi Fani-Kayode / Warri Port Reaping From Executive Order — NPA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.